Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 12, 2011 4:39 AM
Dec 2010
It was nice warm series, just the end was not right. I would prefer them to be one big family rather then 23 yrs old father going out with 10 yrs old sister of his own daughter, that's soo wrong! That was propably ment for the lolicon audience, "skata na e"

In the end i gave it 8/10 anyway because it was overall well done. I was looking for romance, ended up wanting to see characters as on big family and afterall i got this compromise.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Oct 12, 2011 4:49 AM
Dec 2010

g0ng0n16 said:
wakka9ca said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Its not even the age that makes it feel wrong for me, its the way everyone is related. Its bad enough that you are "in love" with your baby mother's OTHER daughter, your DAUGHTER'S younger sister....but then you don't even TELL her that you had sex with her mother and the father of her older sister?

One: it is hinted that Naoya never had sex with Lotte's mother. Asuha was mysteriously conceived. Her birth and everything related to her is quite shrouded in mystery.
Two: Lotte and Naoya are not blood-realted, there are no incest issues.
Three: We are talking about succubus, demons of lust. There is absolutely nothing wrong here except in people's head (misconceptions).
wakka9ca said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Its not even the age that makes it feel wrong for me, its the way everyone is related. Its bad enough that you are "in love" with your baby mother's OTHER daughter, your DAUGHTER'S younger sister....but then you don't even TELL her that you had sex with her mother and the father of her older sister?

One: it is hinted that Naoya never had sex with Lotte's mother. Asuha was mysteriously conceived. Her birth and everything related to her is quite shrouded in mystery.
Three: We are talking about succubus, demons of lust. There is absolutely nothing wrong here except in people's head (misconceptions).

1.Can you tell me what episode it hinted that Naoya never had sex w/ the queen ? also, what about the flashback where they are both naked, kissing,holding each others hand . ( episode 5)

2. It is true that they are not blood related . still ,, you can't deny that it feels wrong having a relationship with the HALF SISTER of your daughter . lol

Agreed , it's totaly wrong end.. it should have been :mommy+dady+2 dauthers ending.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Nov 7, 2011 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
Lolicon anime is VERY lolicon...

This anime had it's moments but overall it's really not my cup of tea.

I prefer Lotte's mom over any of the girls that showed up in this anime.

Also, I felt the "plot" wasn't very entertaining or good for that matter....

5/10....this just isn't my type of anime.
Nov 11, 2011 10:07 PM

Sep 2011
A Season 2 seems very possible, and I hope there will be!
If any of you have watched the OVA, at the end it said "To be Continued..."
There's still hope for a Season 2..!
Nov 13, 2011 10:16 PM

Jul 2008
edmond321 said:
A Season 2 seems very possible, and I hope there will be!
If any of you have watched the OVA, at the end it said "To be Continued..."
There's still hope for a Season 2..!

I don't think so. The anime sold terribly.
Nov 16, 2011 1:24 PM

Aug 2011
cute series giving it a 7/10 would be higher but the age difference was a little creepy. i also notice near the end that Lotte had gotten the wing marks so i guess she can fly now.
ah i love happy endings :D
Potatoboy27Jan 29, 2013 8:55 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2011 9:37 PM

Oct 2011
Heh I can watch any type of anime and this was a pleasing one, despite being... directed at a weird type of audience.
Jan 26, 2012 3:05 PM

Dec 2009
Cute endiing. <3 Too bad they didn't kiss. At least Lotte's mark has appeared.

9/10
Feb 5, 2012 5:34 PM

Oct 2011
once again i have to say this show is very underrated, or just plain overlooked - really great last episode - left me feeling very happy and wishing there could be a season two...
Apr 21, 2012 8:37 PM
Nov 2011
Well I watched it. The write up in the description of the show is wrong, the reviews were right on that, but I'm sorry this show just had some bad writing in it. It should have either ended with them separated or never have been separated. Terrible way to end a show. And the morality of a ten year old and a 23 year old I'm not going to touch. It really didn't matter because these characters didn't feel like the age they were on paper, that's also bad execution if you ask me.

The worst part? I kept watching this and getting vibes of, man this feels a bit like Hayate no Gotoku, and yet it fails to even achieve in the comedy part there. So I'm left to conclude the only point of this was the Ecchi parts, and even they IMO weren't all that great.

I gave it a three out of ten.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jun 7, 2012 4:55 PM

Aug 2008
meh average show He should went for Queen.
Jul 19, 2012 2:38 AM
Jul 2012
I have a really hard time believing people actually thought the ending was predictable.

Atleast for ME, the ending was subtle and surprising. When I first find out about this being a 12 episode anime, I was fully expecting they'd close it up by the 12th episode, which they did, and then I expected them to come out with some cop-out excuse to discard the "Lotte must drink from Naoya" premise. Like some sort of "oh it looks succubus never needed that to survive after all!" or "Lotte is special so she doesn't need to!" or something like that.

And this was why I liked this ending so much. Rather than going the lazy cowardly route, they dived right in and followed up on the premise. But rather than hammering it in, they were subtle about it by just showing that marking on her back. For those two reasons alone I loved the ending they went with.
Sep 2, 2012 6:03 AM

Jul 2012
8/10 because I don't like this ending. :( It´s sad after knowing for a 90% of sources that they wont be making S2
Oct 29, 2012 8:49 PM

Jul 2011
greenmarty said:
<div class="spoiler"><span class="spoiler_content"></span>
g0ng0n16 said:
wakka9ca said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:Its not even the age that makes it feel wrong for me, its the way everyone is related. Its bad enough that you are "in love" with your baby mother's OTHER daughter, your DAUGHTER'S younger sister....but then you don't even TELL her that you had sex with her mother and the father of her older sister?</div>
Three: We are talking about succubus, demons of lust. There is absolutely nothing wrong here except in people's head (misconceptions).</div>
wakka9ca said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:Its not even the age that makes it feel wrong for me, its the way everyone is related. Its bad enough that you are "in love" with your baby mother's OTHER daughter, your DAUGHTER'S younger sister....but then you don't even TELL her that you had sex with her mother and the father of her older sister?</div>
Three: We are talking about succubus, demons of lust. There is absolutely nothing wrong here except in people's head (misconceptions).</div> </div>
1.Can you tell me what episode it hinted that Naoya never had sex w/ the queen ? also, what about the flashback where they are both naked, kissing,holding each others hand . ( episode 5)
2. It is true that they are not blood related . still ,, you can't deny that it feels wrong having a relationship with the HALF SISTER of your daughter . lol</div>
Agreed , it's totaly wrong end.. it should have been :mommy+dady+2 dauthers ending.
JustALEX said:
Lolicon anime is VERY lolicon...

This anime had it's moments but overall it's really not my cup of tea.

I prefer Lotte's mom over any of the girls that showed up in this anime.

Also, I felt the "plot" wasn't very entertaining or good for that matter....

5/10....this just isn't my type of anime.

True here. I only even started watching it because the reviews said that there would be no romantic relationship between those two. The ending made me want to vomit.

a 23 year old ending up with a 10 year old demon, it's not that there is an age difference, ok, it is, but not only that. she is 10. not even a preteen. and he is an adult.
I guess they made him look like he was younger so they could match better, but that doesn't help. In fact, for me, I don't like frail sissy wimpy guys. blah.
OH, and the fact that they are not blood related does not make sense.
The fact that you are in love with your daughter's half younger sister and it doesn't bother you, it's not right. And the fact that you had sexual relations with your love's mother and not tell her about it, it' s not right either.

And yes I would have totally preferred that they ended up a happy family. Well at least the queen and the two sisters. it's just the queen is too much of a woman for him.

Why can't he just find someone to match him, like I don't know, even judit might be a good match. but no, poor judit. sorry judit.

Also yes, I would also like to know where the hint of Asuha being conceived by some mysterious form of nature, or what the hell.

I even expected her to turn into a succubbus since she likes walking freely with no panties, I thought the tail was going to come out because of that.

All in all it would have been a good story had it not been for the whole LOLICON premise. actually just get rid of naoya, then have the story be about asuha and asterotte, long lost sisters.
yup. that would bump it up from a 3 or 4 to an 8 or so.
Yes i am rating it at 3 or 4.
ok a 4, just because of 99% of the characters are likeable.
FYI the 1% is Naoya.
Dec 6, 2012 6:31 PM

Oct 2012
This has got to be the most akward date in history of dating... how are they suppost to understand each other, they can't hear each other what they suppost to do,lip read???
----
also just looking at the last few seconds of the episode we see a glimps of the two together, and we can clearly see Lotte has half a heart were the bug bite was. Think that might have been something they put in for season 2 (if there was going to be one)

Great ep really enjoyed it
HawksmanDec 6, 2012 6:41 PM

Jan 14, 2013 1:42 PM
Apr 2012
I rly want more of that :/
Feb 12, 2013 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
Who would have of known that this was suck a good anime. I enjoyed it atleast plus the Ova. 10/10 for sure!
May 18, 2013 8:56 AM

Mar 2012
can someone explain how asuha was able to talk to mercelida?
Sep 28, 2013 1:39 AM

Aug 2013
It is truly such a heartwarming love story.. surprisingly good series. 9/10 for me.
P/S: I don't get how Merce could talk to Asuha too.. o.o
Mar 27, 2014 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
I'd have given this a perfect score if Naoya wasn't such a creepy lolicon. Lotte's point of view aside, how is it even possible for Naoya to feel "love" for his own daughter half-sister? for that to happen means he has to see Lotte as a "woman", as a potential girlfriend from the beginning. Does that mean he felt attraction towards her since the very beginning? I just find it weird that he can even consider Lotte attractive while having a daughter who's the same age of her. He bathes and sleeps with Asuha every day, why then he feels different towards Lotte?

It's my believe that love and lust is inseparable. Although you can love (romantic love) someone without having sex with him/her, there has to be a degree of lust somewhere even if it's little. How is it even possible to lust after a per-pubescent kid with the same build as your daughter?

Aside from Naoya's forced love towards Lotte, this has been a great series. Totally unexpected considering the synopsis and the first episode. I'd like to give this a 10 but the ending really ruined it enough to bring it down all the way to 8. No matter what I just can't comprehend the logic behind Naoya falling in love with Lotte.
May 20, 2014 5:55 PM

May 2014
dont know but i feel that it needs a better ending......
Jun 5, 2014 1:51 AM

Feb 2008
The ending felt tacked on and the story never stopped feeling like it was targeted at pedophiles/child molesters.
Aug 10, 2014 12:05 AM

Jun 2014
it's been 3 years and no season 2... what a shame. I think this will be my 5th favorite for my profile. It's so cute and funny and heart warming. I'm gonna miss these characters.
9/10 for me.
Still...fingers crossed for a season 2. NOW OFF TO THE OVA!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 7, 2014 10:19 PM
Aug 2014
I watched this a little while ago, and even now I'm having mixed feelings about this. In the moment of watching it, I really liked it a lot, but even just a few weeks after watching it, I saw the name of it on my list and had completely forgotten what show it was until I saw the cover picture. It's such a forgettable anime...

I'd probably give it a 6/10, but I'd absolutely say 7 is fair as well if it was able to leave a more lasting impression.
Feb 6, 2015 3:07 PM

Mar 2014
Excellent anime, reminds me Zero no Tsukaima, I love the soundtrack, simply amazing...
May 6, 2015 4:25 PM
May 2013
I like this anime, but thinking about the future of those 2 it's difficult. Not because of the age difference or different races, but because she's a succubus. imagine if you're not the only man your wife has ughh the thought just kills me
Jun 5, 2015 11:19 AM

Feb 2014
Hm... I dont know If I give this a 6 or a 7.

The story was very good untill episode 5 to 6, but then the quality abruptly drops. They pass to focus in fanservice instead of focusing in things more interesting/important like, for example, the relation/family relation between Naoya, Asuha, Rotte and Marcelida.
Oh, and the ending (last episode) was a "good ending", that is good, for sure... but it wasn't too emotional, it was... How can I say... too simple..? Not that I was expecting something too elaborated, but the ending did not stirred me emotionally.

Besides...:

(1) It's said in the anime (TV series) that a children born of a Succubus with whatever is the race of its partner inherit all the genes and characteristics of the Succubus race, so why Asuha did not inherit the peculiar characteristics (physics and non-physics) of her mother (Marcelida) that is a Succubus? While her (Asuha's) father (Naoya) is "just" a Human...? Contradictory, isn't it?

(2) It seems that we will never know if Asuha and Rotte will know that they're half-sisters, and that they mother is the same, which is Marcelida (the Queen). Disappointing. =(
TechOtakuJun 5, 2015 11:22 AM
Feb 23, 2018 3:06 PM

Sep 2011
Did they completely overlook the fact that Asuha was part succubus? Why would the tree try and remove her too?
Dec 24, 2018 2:55 PM

Apr 2013
The last two episodes were completely unnecessary, they should rather have included more fanservice or just some funny SoL moments. In the end it's back to how everything was before. Well a disappointing end to a disappointing show. Not enough fanservice, not enough comedy, too much of a romance between a 23 yo and a 10 yo...
2/10
Aug 28, 2019 5:46 AM

Jul 2012
If only the whole season as good as the last two episode.. I wouldn't mind rating it 8~ 😅

Feb 10, 2020 4:40 PM
Mar 2018
This anime must've given Chris Hansen so much work. It was very often close to go "that" irection. Which is not good. But overall it was a cute calm show. Not much in general, but I liked the throughout believable characters and motivations / feelings. 7/10
Dec 4, 2020 6:18 AM
Apr 2020
Good and fun anime with a great ending. Although pretty rushed but it's okay. 8/10 final rate :)
May 12, 2021 8:46 PM

Aug 2018
So boring. what a shit anime. Fanservice was garbage too. 4/10

Nov 6, 2021 7:12 PM
Apr 2021
Marathotaku said:
I like this anime, but thinking about the future of those 2 it's difficult. Not because of the age difference or different races, but because she's a succubus. imagine if you're not the only man your wife has ughh the thought just kills me
straight facts. Ima start reading the manga. But I’m sure he would be the only one cuz it’s a legit love connection. Her mother doesn’t have true love she just likes sex. Lottle and nouya genuinely love each other
Mar 9, 2022 5:07 PM

Dec 2008
Cant believe I didnt leave a comment when I finished the show all them years ago. I rewatched it and....wow was it boring. THey should have made the hot mother the main focus instead. Down graded almost 2 points lol
May 20, 2022 1:07 AM

Sep 2018
Pretty bog standard ecchi series with another copy/paste Male MC. Him being the Father of a ten year old whilst still looking 13 himself was so off putting lol... Had wholesome moments in an otherwise strange plot, but lacked excitement and a lot of development in the story. 6/10.
Nov 24, 2023 5:18 AM

Dec 2022
It's rare that you see this much excitement and heart in a light-hearted romp through a fairytale world, but this series knows exactly how to communicate a passionate narrative to the viewer. The characters themselves also had many particularities and developments to them and their relationships that sustained their dynamism throughout. Add in the pleasant artstyle, unique setting, enjoyable humour and intricate worldbuilding — and you have yourself a beautiful anime.

Naturally, it's difficult to find fault with it. The only issues I have are a nitpick in the exaggerated lighting effects, and the main character taking a while to become a more nuanced character.

Loved this one.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yuki457 - Apr 10, 2011

123 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 30, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ROOMA4HELL - Jun 19, 2011

64 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 24, 2023 4:35 AM

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zexu - Jun 12, 2011

51 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:56 AM

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zexu - Jun 5, 2011

74 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zexu - May 29, 2011

77 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 24, 2023 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.