Forum Settings
Forums

Youtube Removes Official Trailer of Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 10, 2011 8:18 PM
Nov 2008
The narrator is hilarious. Most English studios can at least hire a competent narrator.
Jul 10, 2011 9:28 PM

Nov 2010
Why is it in english in the first place?
Jul 11, 2011 12:49 AM

Jan 2009
Because the English narrator is awesome.
No idea, really.
What I'd like to think though, is that they use this English narrator for the sole purpose of later releasing the DVD/BDs in America.
And well, it's got fanservice and all, so I bet it'll sell better than LOLHeroes.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 14, 2011 9:52 AM

Jul 2010
well i was planning to watch this anime sooner or later, though it wasnt high on my list. now knowing its from the same guy who made LOL heroes, i'm just gonna have to see what this is about.

and also a lot of you guys are actually making som decent points.
whatever the case may be, the anime/manga industry is changing. fanservice will literally always sell, their just exploiting that.
and like some1 else said; its a business, every business will do whatever it takes to make more profit. some care about what you think, others dont give a shit. unless the whole anime/manga community does somthing, everything will be the same.

Nov 14, 2011 10:24 PM

May 2007
RyanSaotome said:
I'm not trying to say the best selling shows are fanservice ridden... just that if you look over all the sales, more often than not a fanservice show will make profit by being in the 5-7k range. So adding fanservice is a low risk + high reward kind of venture, since it'll guarantee extra sales with little drawbacks.

Which is something a show like Tenma needs. Legend of the Legendary Heroes, which is the same author and studio, sold about 1k per volume. Thats absolutely horrible. So the obvious solution for a show similar to it is to add stuff that'll help the overall sales... like fanservice and uncensored BD episodes. With those, it may be able to get over the manabi line and be a profitable show.

It's notable that now that the sale numbers of Tenma are out, it shows how utterly ridiculous your whole argument is:

Legend of the Legendary Heroes: 1,480 BD copies sold
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi: 774 BD copies sold

As jmal already pointed out, "fanservice" shows rarely are top tier hits. I have no idea where you got the idea that "adding fanservice is a low risk + high reward kind of venture, guaranteeing extra sales with little drawbacks." If something, it's the complete opposite, as Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi already showed us.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

8 by ZXEAN »»
41 minutes ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
47 minutes ago

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 6

2 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM

» Undead Unluck Unveiled: Let's Talk Muscles with Yoshifumi Tozuka

Kineta - Mar 19

4 by Anime_Luv »»
Yesterday, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.