Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 19, 2011 1:09 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An amazing conclusion that reveals most out of Haneda/Kobato's family circumstances. I always knew from the OP something was up with the mother and now from the looks of the following,

along with it counterparts in the spoiler
the problem is that most of them are abstract so someone else's view on that would be nice to have. Well at least I know now that the mother was feared and most likely resorted to violence from the looks of the drawings at the beginning of the episode. From what I understood, I believe that Youji went to the priest to consult of all this mother happening and that in turn being at that Church caused him a headache. Not just any but a maelstrom type where it really hurts a lot. What really affected me most is that it's the first time I see Youji crying and those black leaves inside of his own world.

Kobato was splendid with her white wings as follows,

she was great in saving from what looks like a depressing real Haneda. Regardless the graduation was splendid in the spoiler
it was flashy and the rescue by Kobato was nice and so was her fan service of panties. I also loved how Kobato proves to Youji that it was not his fault in the spoiler
that hug was very emotional as well as the meaning of the bloody feather becoming white, which really the meaning is Haneda being purified by Kobato. I am still a little confused as to the 8 wings less it represents the 4 girls that like each a personality of Haneda. Kobato's friend being shy her and all reserved was adorable. Her looks aren't that bad.

In thee end I shall miss this show's psychological value.

BTW: Loved the intermission of all the girls in the spoiler
it was really nice to see with wings and dressed like that. I also got to admit that the end art of the episode was of most amazing impression in the spoiler
of a unique art and featuring Asuka/Kobato. I loved the way it was depicted and shown.
Yumekichi11Jun 24, 2011 12:20 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 19, 2011 5:40 PM

Nov 2010
Chitose still fav char, planning on playing the game of this ^^ 10/10
Jun 19, 2011 6:00 PM

Jul 2010
Now to wait for the BDs/DVDs to come out. First one coming out on 6/22. Definitely one of the more "mess with your head" anime recently.
Jun 19, 2011 6:35 PM

Feb 2008
So that's mean that Haneda split his personality and now all in one.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 19, 2011 10:46 PM

Oct 2010
Blackbird said:
So that's mean that Haneda split his personality and now all in one.
Not really, since it's the end of the show, this is just to show there will not be a second season but that may not be because if he still remembers the RPG world and its characters just that he will have Asuka punch him all the time if he is not normal around her.

In the end I was right, Kobato was the only one who could make the original personality be saved and come out. Hence the beautiful wings she got to do it.

Jun 20, 2011 7:36 AM

May 2011
Can't wait for the OVA now. <3 When is it going to get released?
Jun 20, 2011 9:25 AM

Jul 2010
4/5 for good ending
Jun 21, 2011 9:02 AM

Nov 2007
So... there were 4 (These) personalities?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 21, 2011 11:01 AM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
Yes there are 4 of them apart from the original personality of the little you saw this episode.

Jun 21, 2011 10:53 PM

Aug 2008
tsubasalover said:

And Haneda Youji, the original, who we've seen in this last episode and still not in the character list.
FYI, Youji and Takashi share the same written name, with different ways to pronounce.
Jun 23, 2011 8:42 PM
Nov 2010
Lol, even though all of the personalities merged, I still liked the ending where Shuusuke and Hiyoko were walking with their arms locked.
Jun 23, 2011 9:03 PM

Dec 2010
Asuka was awesome with that greeting lol. 10/10, man just like Oreno imouto the harem of girls for the main guy is absolutely great.

Haha, from the kid like handrawn pics I guessed it before they said it. I knew the original personality must have murdered their mother at the worst, or something of lesser extent. It was nice to know that wasn't the case, but the mother still chose death.

I wanted at least like a kiss lol.
Jun 23, 2011 9:09 PM

Aug 2010
This show turned out pretty good. I think it concluded really nicely with the original personality coming out.
Jun 23, 2011 9:45 PM
Jun 2009
the mother was going through metapause being nice one moment and beating you the next and not recalling any of it fuck this show is making me recall bad things. Personally i found anime and video games a great way to get away from it all and and stick to them even after she is over it enough of my life story i love how they finished this the random switch between extreme drama to humor was a great mix and it all came together very well in the end if i recall this was based off a VN anyone know if someone is working on a English patch for it?
ROOMA4HELLJun 23, 2011 9:56 PM
Jun 23, 2011 9:46 PM
Oct 2010
I still remember how people reacted to the first episode of the series, but now I'm glad they decided to end the series like this.

AdamReynolds said:

Even as a condensed series, it's still pretty good. With VN adaptations, 12 episodes is just not enough to make it great. With the amount of time Oretachi had, this is going to feel rushed.

I also agree that if they made the series at least a 2 seasoner it would have been a better story. Still I think for amount of time they had, it still turned out to be a good adaption for the VN.
Jun 23, 2011 9:59 PM
Jun 2008
was a interesting ending... but wonder how he's going to deal with all the girls that like his different personalities... and this ep had a lot of lols.. especially alice-chan haha. can't wait for the ova
Jun 23, 2011 10:45 PM

Jan 2011
Very decent ending, I really like the original personality, he has all the cool qualities from the other 4 personalities. So This explains how they were all together in the first episode. Now its time to rewatch and understand things better from the beginning.

Definitely a good series, gets an 8 from me, and will definitely be archived.
Jun 24, 2011 12:03 AM

Jun 2010
And so the final episode connects all the pieces together and gives us the truth. It was a pretty interesting story. A bit hard to get in the beginning, but after a while everything starts making sense.

Jun 24, 2011 12:32 AM

Dec 2010
Holy shit.

A lot of things were explained in this episode as well as episode 11.

Regarding the episode, the beginning was REALLY awesome. I did not expect something psychological like that. Why couldn't it be like this throughout the entire series?

Asuka was definitely my favorite character. I enjoyed seeing her personality.

It was a fairly decent close for each of the heroines. It's pretty hard to pull off something like that with a story like this so I won't complain.

DJ Condor actually tried to troll us...haha.

Again, good ending. Glad I didn't drop this series.

Jun 24, 2011 12:34 AM

Jan 2011
Glad I stuck with this one. It took a while to figure out just what was going on, but worth it. If I have one criticism, it is that the final episode seemed really rushed. I agree with some of the other folks that this could have been a 24 episode show and develop the female characters a bit more. I'd forgotten about the confusing beginning, but I guess it really was the ending after all.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 24, 2011 2:53 AM

Sep 2008
I still have no idea what the fuck happened, but I do know that I saw Alice's panties and will now wait for the BD to see her lovliness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2011 4:18 AM

Aug 2009
You're not Takashi? Fine I'll punch you then. Asuka is the best. I find it strange that everyone accept the fact there are multiple personalities like its no big deal. Oh well 7/10

btw who was the chick on the train?
Jun 24, 2011 8:38 AM

Jul 2009
this anime made me laugh but i think they could have done better with the story telling...hmm...kinda makes me want to play the visual novel :D but its great that hanedas personalities became one and that he came to terms with his personalities :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2011 8:48 AM

May 2007
The final episode of this series was good. He was finally able to forgive himself somewhat.....He stabbed his mother when she was becoming violent against them when they were young because they were apparently too close to each other. The subbing for it didn't really help, it seemed a little confusing somewhat but the mother hated the father because he couldn't live with her because she was an unstable person and that Youji(the main male lead) reminded her of her husband who she hated. Hence, resulted in conflict and aggression. After stabbing her, Youji hated himself and fell into the "abyss" for his "sins" but in reality her wounds heal and sometime later, the unstable mother commits suicide by taking poison. Youji finally remembers everything and sees the newspaper article, where his stress to a certain extent is relieved.

Most of the episode was him just going around and thanking them for their help in the past and explaining his mental condition/situation.

I liked big-booby blonde class president girl....tbh, can't remember her name but she was a cute character.

The ending of the episode being pretty much how the series started...nice. Its funny how Hiyoko-chan was able to get one of Youji's personalities out when the other girls couldn't. I didn't really know that Hiyoko was a school student, well her get-up looked like she was a schoolgirl....I thought she would be older and I always loved her "dead fish eyes".

I'm rating this series a 8/10, its a good watch and ended well....I felt satisfied by it, since I don't expect a 2nd season but you can never really tell. :rolleyes:
Jun 24, 2011 8:58 AM

May 2010
Great show 9/10.

But isn't bad for other girls since he just can't marry every girl.Still want more!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 24, 2011 11:32 AM
Sep 2010
Though it has a lot of fan-service, the anime had a good development and some plot... i think it deserve a 6

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
raiburari |

Jun 24, 2011 11:41 AM

Oct 2010
and i think you should die .

10/10

perfect ending, they didn't mess it up, perfect anime, clannad has been in my top animes for like a year or what now? And im going to put this one above it, because it deserves it, such a good anime

anyone who gives it less than atleast 9 is a fag and i automatically hate you <_<

The ending would have been somewhat annoying for a normal ecchi, but for anime such as this one its not bad at all. It could have been a bit better but its still super good.

characters: 10/10 , they are just awesome

story: 10/10 - masterpiece

art 10/10 - ...TAMAIZUMI.....KKKKKKAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII , Asuka too

comedy: 9/10 - i admit i've laughed more on others but this one was very good as well

black guy rapping - 10/10

man i feel so good after watching this they need to make more animes like that
lots of music -
Jun 24, 2011 12:38 PM

Nov 2007
weird show I guess I give it a 5 maybe a 6. think I'd rather hit up the VN to see proper endings for at least one of the girls. since they are stuck trying to get personality out of him. must be weird explaining that to everyone.

seemed rather average but it wasn't awful or anything.

I also liked Asuka, I would have liked for the ending to have more of the 3 girls but it still seemed rather open. kinda weird everyone accepted him being a nutjob maybe they already accepted it.

so I guess the mother was abusive to Kobato and he hit her back which made me bonkers.
mystikJun 24, 2011 12:44 PM
Jun 24, 2011 12:53 PM

May 2011
There is an afterstory for the game, so it may come a second season out of this one, since the girls from there where introduced in the last episode.
Atleast I hope for a second season announcement <3
neopriestJun 24, 2011 1:00 PM
Jun 24, 2011 1:27 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty good series, I enjoyed it. Although the other characters should come out when they want to >:D

edit: Alice's panties were killer.
Jun 24, 2011 2:51 PM

Sep 2010
Despite the initial confusion, the ending was quite satisfying. A little bit of background story, and a thorough conclusion with each of the heroines. I suppose the split personality syndrome makes sense. Even the random ecchi segment at the start of every episode now has a justification?

Overall good, though probably would have been much better with slightly more time.

Jun 24, 2011 4:33 PM
Apr 2010
bah, the way they just smack you with the truth sucked.... 12 eps can't cover something this complex. 3/5, 4/5 for the whole series
Jun 24, 2011 4:37 PM

Sep 2009
eh, why they made only 12 eps. They cut abou 75% from original plot. But I really like the comedy and characters/ Hope, MangaGamer translate the VN sometime soon(where were rumors that they renew contract with Navel)
Jun 24, 2011 5:55 PM

May 2009
I never played the VN so i can't comment about the adaptation, but i really liked how they ended this, quite open, but great overall with Youji coming to ana greement with all the other personalities. Yeah, it felt a bit rushed (introducing characters at the very last moment?) but it left me quite satisfied, now how are all those girls going to share Haneda... dunno, but they'll manage somehow ~w~

PD: lol'd HARD at the scene with Morisato xD who would've known Youji had those inclinations xD
Jun 24, 2011 6:30 PM

Jan 2011
Opening was more of a wake up call xDD
anywho, good final episode, everything got resolved <3

lol e3e
Jun 24, 2011 6:39 PM

Sep 2010
Interesting show. Got some few laughs outta this.
Jun 24, 2011 10:09 PM

Aug 2009
So it ended EXACTLY like how it started ?
no I really mean it, go and watch the first scene in ep 1 and watch last scene in 12
Jun 24, 2011 10:43 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
*Is confused as all hell with the ending. lol
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Jun 25, 2011 12:32 AM

May 2011
eh 7/10 overall
im between a 6 and a 7 though, lacked any real linear story plot, just a bunch of different personality randomness. I actually saw that coming after like episode 5 or 6
Jun 25, 2011 1:18 AM

Feb 2010
I wasn't that much interested in the story or what's behind that split personality and the reason for it. I merely enjoyed the different characters hanging out and doing crazy stuff. An overall enjoyable show 6/10.
Jun 25, 2011 6:15 AM

Jun 2009
Nothing less from NAVEL.

They really know how to make shitty anime...

5/10
Jun 25, 2011 8:11 AM

Nov 2009
Great final episode that ended up revealing a lot of info, if I were to rate this show based on this episode alone I'd give it a 9 but there was too many other things that screwed it all up so 7/10
Jun 25, 2011 1:31 PM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An amazing conclusion that reveals most out of Haneda/Kobato's family circumstances. I always knew from the OP something was up with the mother and now from the looks of the following,

along with it counterparts in the spoiler
the problem is that most of them are abstract so someone else's view on that would be nice to have. Well at least I know now that the mother was feared and most likely resorted to violence from the looks of the drawings at the beginning of the episode. From what I understood, I believe that Youji went to the priest to consult of all this mother happening and that in turn being at that Church caused him a headache. Not just any but a maelstrom type where it really hurts a lot. What really affected me most is that it's the first time I see Youji crying and those black leaves inside of his own world.

Kobato was splendid with her white wings as follows,

she was great in saving from what looks like a depressing real Haneda. Regardless the graduation was splendid in the spoiler
it was flashy and the rescue by Kobato was nice and so was her fan service of panties. I also loved how Kobato proves to Youji that it was not his fault in the spoiler
that hug was very emotional as well as the meaning of the bloody feather becoming white, which really the meaning is Haneda being purified by Kobato. I am still a little confused as to the 8 wings less it represents the 4 girls that like each a personality of Haneda. Kobato's friend being shy her and all reserved was adorable. Her looks aren't that bad.

In thee end I shall miss this show's psychological value.

BTW: Loved the intermission of all the girls in the spoiler
it was really nice to see with wings and dressed like that. I also got to admit that the end art of the episode was of most amazing impression in the spoiler
of a unique art and featuring Asuka/Kobato. I loved the way it was depicted and shown.

That was nice
Jun 25, 2011 2:23 PM
Oct 2010
That was one hell of a ride, i give the episode 4/5, sure clears up alot of things and i give the anime a 9/10 overall, i was originally gonna give it a 7/10 but Asuka's cold and cool personality + punching haneda without hesitation just for not being the normal haneda gave it an 8/10, Asuka blushing at the end and looking away gave it a 9/10, but the lack of romance between them because you clearly see she has feelings for him prevented me from giving it a 10/10, none the less we got that nice panty shot from her, she isn't just the emotionless girl she seems like, her blushing isn't something you saw alot so i enjoyed that. Also i lol'd at hiyoko taking haneda (chitose was shown to have come out) in an arm lock which also made me believe they were the cutest couple in the series with the most romantic scenes. I dont know about wanting a big sister like Asuka.. i'd be afraid to leave my room, but as a girlfriend, i wish i was haneda right now
~ The Blade Children
Jun 25, 2011 10:20 PM

Apr 2011
I give it an 8/10, but only because they FINALLY started developing the story-line so fucking late in.
As expected of the director of the failure known as Shukufuku no Campanella.
They could've at least chosen one of the heroines (Minette doesn't count..right? I just don't like her..)
Anyways, back on topic.
Kobato redeems herself at the very end, but still, I don't really like her selfishness and Asuka annoys me too.
I only found Hayato and Chitose's routes fun.
Now let's see Funimation ruin this!
Jun 26, 2011 10:52 AM

Jul 2010
Well, all loose ends got tied together and I still haven't got a clue. xD

Nah I lied. At least I understand the bigger picture now. Nice to see he got all the good traits from all the personalities. I'm also surprised everyone believed him and accepted it so quickly.

The last scene was nice! Each girl succeeded in bringing out each personality in the end. Overall a pretty decent and original series.=)

Jun 26, 2011 11:04 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Confusing anime but overall was fun :) 7/10
Jun 26, 2011 2:42 PM
Oct 2009
kuroisakura1000 said:
I still remember how people reacted to the first episode of the series, but now I'm glad they decided to end the series like this.

I also agree that if they made the series at least a 2 seasoner it would have been a better story. Still I think for amount of time they had, it still turned out to be a good adaption for the VN.

It's true It would be a better story if they had turned it a 2 seasoner.
Also the first ep is the real filter to see if you really want to see the anime, for the ones who didn't wanted to saw it because of the first ep im sad for them
Jun 26, 2011 5:25 PM
Aug 2010
I'm a bit confused on Takashi and Kobata's relationship; The scene with flashbacks/drawings of the unstable mother and kids seemed to suggest Takashi and Kobata are either half-brother/sister or cousins. Did I misunderstand something?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2011

50 by Rad_Scientist »»
Feb 5, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - May 9, 2011

54 by Rad_Scientist »»
Jan 23, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 17, 2011

65 by BrianaBird »»
Apr 13, 2023 3:16 AM

» Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai for PSVita and PS3

nbdmiyako - Feb 26, 2014

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 22, 2021 7:57 PM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Davison - Apr 4, 2011

192 by Frezlaj »»
Sep 5, 2021 5:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.