Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 4, 2013 9:02 AM

Apr 2011
I can confidently say Nishino i strong enough gal, that she can live without Junpei in her life. However saying Aya deserves Junpei more, is BS. Just because she cries, she gets fan sympathy...

f Aya was the end girl, this manga would of turn to shit and no one would of remember this, especially me. As much I want to respect other people opinions, I try, but I will get my word in on the matter. :)
Jun 17, 2013 5:26 AM

Jun 2011
This is one of those incredibly nostalgic mangas for me... and after 7 years, I finally got around to finishing it. I had stopped 2/3 into it before, but now I just marathoned the whole thing. And man, my heart is melting. As it drew closer to their graduation, and as they looked back at their past, I couldn't help but feel my heart wrenching. I'm so happy that Nishino won in the end, she has always been my fave. And this 5 years later chapter just compounded this bitter sweet ending.

8/10
Jul 9, 2013 8:46 AM
Jul 2013
When finishing this Manga, I was slightly upset that Toujou didn't win in the end, but I understand why she didn't win and I respect the way the author closed it. A little but half way through the series is where Toujou's chance of being picked by Manaka died.

During this time Toujou was just way to distant and her shy personality compounded on top of that to create an even bigger wall that couldn't be destroyed. And also because of Amachi focusing on Toujou and him spending so much time with her was another distance maker.
Simply, as time progressed Toujou and Manaka barely talked to each other while Nishino and Manaka were getting along great. Manaka did think of Toujou but not as much as Nishino. So by the time Toujou gathered enough courage to confess it was already wayyyyyy to late for her to do anything.

I have thought of ways of how to change it mid way to have the result be Toujou but no matter what I think it was a well thought out ending. If he ditched Nishino there would of been a horrible feeling because of that connection that they made. The only way I believe that this story would've changed would be if Manaka in the begining didn't ask Nishino out. That way Toujou would've had a lead, because as stated by Nishino, she forgot about the event that got her to like him so I believe Toujou would've had the upper hand.

In this case the main factor that determined who Manaka was going to end up with was time. If Toujou wasn't shy and unwilling to confess and spend more time with the film club instead of the literature club they would've had a better chance. But what's done is done. Nishino wasn't my first choice and when they ended up together I was upset at first and confused but after some thought understood.

P.S in all honesty any female interest that entered after Toujou and Nishino had no chance in hell.
Sorry Satsuiki and Mukai
Oct 24, 2013 5:43 AM

Jan 2010
I read this whole series inside a week, I tried to pace myself, in order to pay attention to details. The big attraction for this manga seemed to be simply not knowing what was going to happen with the main plot. (That should have been a clue, now that I think about it.) I wanted to take my time, and follow the different threads of the story, similarly to the way you pay attention to a mystery. Enjoy the suspense, try and figure it out, and delight in the ending.

This manga is definitely memorable. It was definitely interesting to find out what was going to happen from chapter to chapter. The author introduced many events that both built the characters, and left you guessing. Eventually though, the story really seemed to stretch on. The different events that kept you guessing became superfluous, and seemed more and more like a way to drag on the story. Eventually, the author started to add in events that were contradictory or that hurt the plot as a whole. It seems there's pressure to continue a popular, or even successful story as long as possible.

You can easily determine the area of the story where the focus changed from "drag this on, and keep them confused about the outcome" to "conclude the story quickly as popularity is falling" This was prior to the time of the senior year festival. (I'd have to re-read to find out exactly when, but I suspect right after the summer filming trip.)

The problem is, the author dug several holes for herself, and had to bend things to conclude the plot. I strongly suspect that character popularity data could have been involved in the author making her choice, and possibly the urge to make the ending surprising for the readers. If this were a typical manga story, Toujou would have ended up with Manaka. The fact that it was different counts as a surprise. I'm not opposed to this, and think it's refreshing to see a non-typical, or especially more realistic ending. (someone as shy, closed up, and self-sabotaging as Toujou wouldn't get the guy in a real situation, unless the guy was such a loser that he had zero other options.)

The problem I have is that the author sabotaged Nishino, starting early in the plot, in the typical "best seeming girl actually has lots of bad points" style. He did avoid making most of them personality flaws though. Furthermore, while a great character person by the end, it wasn't a realistic choice based on the personality built up for Junpei. (A person who has a hard time deciding on things, a hard time moving his own life forward, and someone with as many self confidence issues as Junpei has, would likely go for the more "sure" option of Satsuki.)

So yeah, the ending surprised me. I admit Aya was who I expected for the ending though not my favorite character. But I really didn't expect a Nishino ending, even after they got back together as BF/GF. (which was really pathetic, the way Manaka basically ended up accepting by default, which turned out to be poor writing, rather than a plot point.) To be clear, I don't mind that it was Nishino in the end, I just thought the writing to do it was poor. The Sabotaging of the Nishino option throughout the story also wasn't properly cleared up. (Just a few examples, breaking her promise to go to the same school, remaining undecided about her feelings (in different ways) for much of the plot, choosing to leave Junpei for France, showing only marginal interest in Junpei's dreams/desires)

at one point, I actually thought that the cram-school girl was a more likely surprise-twist ending than Nishino.

Nishino - Has a reason to love Junpei, because he helped her find her dream, and supported her going after it. She really didn't help him towards his dream, though she occasionally showed an interest or expressed some encouragement. (Mostly due to "keep things interesting" moments the author threw in.) She isn't a childish character, but she also leans towards the selfish side in several cases. She also made it pretty clear that her wants and dreams were more important to her than Junpei. (also... 4 years, and it seemed she didn't visit him? the last scene gave the impression that they hadn't really stayed in touch... wish that had been expounded on.)

Toujou - She loves him because he was the first to recognize her, and to value her, despite her appearance and introversion. He helped her to change and gain friends as well. The supported each others dreams, and actively helped each other. He helped her write, and she helped him film, and they shared a lot of passion where their dreams overlapped. In the end though, she constantly sabotaged herself by giving the impression she didn't like Junpei, and by clamming up and not talking to him when something slightly difficult came along. She went years without confessing. While she might have been written as the "soul mate" character for Junpei, it's perfectly realistic that they didn't end up together. At least Junpei gave her the final push to continue with her dream before abandoning her. She seems to be doing okay though, and she is living her dream.

Satsuki - Probably the most supportive of Junpei. She has one of the less obvious reasons for liking Junpei, but it's pretty easy to attribute it to compatibility and chemistry. She supported Junpei the entire story, in the day to day life matters that are often glossed over in this sort of story. She also helped him towards his dream the best way she could, and encouraged him as well. She's not the smart-talented type that has a lofty dream, but she's pretty clear about making her dream to support Junpei and his dream. She's the only character that was consistently there for him, and the one who showed she cared the most. She understood his weaknesses, and unlike other options, was willing to accept them. In the end though, her lack of a distinct dream other than supporting Junpei seemed to be her downfall. I think using seduction to get a man is probably somewhat taboo in japan, so that didn't help.

Toujou has that soul-mate power that imagination can use to say "they're destined to be together" so a long term relationship could be possible. It seems that the co-mingled dreams are realistically a pretty tenuous connection. Satsuki is the one who Junpei had the best chance of realistically having a long relationship with. She was devoted to him as a person, and the difficulties of life would be survivable. Nishino is great, but it's also very difficult to imagine them having a long happy relationship together, or even get married. They love each other, but their dreams will pull in opposite directions, and neither are really the type to give up their dreams for the other person. It's easy to see the difficulties of real life pulling them apart. I really like her though, It's nice to see a strong female character who puts her dreams, rather than love, first. They just don't match that well.

GAH... I guess this thing got me worked up enough to type a freaking novel... which is it's own sort of greatness... 8/10
Dec 31, 2013 7:30 AM

Aug 2012
Actually if we objectively saw manga, only Junpei x Nishino which got proper development. Other pair development stuck in friendship zone or turn into fan-service, so mangaka just chose the most developed pair to avoid abrupt ending like Family Compo.
Jan 4, 2014 1:58 PM

Jun 2010
I am really happy that Junpei with Nishino *_____* She's one of my favorite characters now ^^

Oh well but I wanted to see how they would call each other by their names :D
Jan 22, 2014 3:41 AM

Nov 2008
I read this manga for like 3 times already and now I want to start it again. Lol.

Jan 26, 2014 8:04 AM

Nov 2013
I don't know, this ending was pretty nice.
I am Nishino/Junpei but I would've been happy if he ended up with Aya instead.

Either makes me happy.
But in the end it kinda makes sense that Nishino ends up with Junpei.
I don't want Amachi to end up with Aya though, idk why.

9/10
"I'm going to have to work harder to open your eyes, aren't I?" ~Erudito
"You're here because you want to feel like something you're not, a hero."
"Do you feel like a hero yet?" ~Konrad
Mar 8, 2014 12:03 AM

Jun 2011
Towards the end of the series I was like,

"Yep, he's gonna end up with Aya, and that's ok too! but I think Tsukasa is a better choice!" and then I read the last couple of chapters and was pretty shocked, I didn't expect that kind of ending! It was a great ending and it left me feeling happy afterwards, that bonus chapter with Misuzu (I think that's her name) was good too! It was nice to see everyone's "timeskip" design, and it is also nice to know the film club is still going at the high school. I was on the verge of tears a few times in the last few chapters, it was so good!

Such a fun ride, I really enjoyed the series all the way through. I still want more though haha. I'm left with that really good feeling of completing a really good series. I'm glad I bought that first volume on a whim last year. I will remember this series for the rest of my life, and I will go back to it eventually too.

Viz, you must complete this series so that I may throw all my money at you! Probably won't happen, but hey, a guy can dream right?

Thank you so much Kawashita Mizuki and everyone else involved! I plan to read her other works soon.
PapaJosukeMar 8, 2014 12:12 AM
Playstation Network ID - Overlord-Takeshi
Please feel free to talk to me! I love making new friends with the same interests as me!
Mar 24, 2014 6:36 AM

Mar 2014
but nobody could think Junpei -kun walk behind nishino , he wants to know if she could turn her head back, she also wanted to know if Junpei -kun would eventually follow to the end , in the end she is back seeing he followed you see what he has given you the answer as you also say that you would not turn his head, then tell me who could understand Junpei -kun nishino hand , it did him a man and true who will stop at nothing while waiting for four years after these studies in France , is the love we have to sacrifice to get it and this is the case it nishino the ' you understand yet . and those for ca I love the character of nishino more and more. aya but could never be a happy ending because she does not understand what love and sacrifice it takes to be and satsuki was never in the game, it was too violent and too sex appeal that is that he got his failure. nishino but had those she wanted because she continue without stopping to take care of the flower so that it becomes the most beautiful in the eyes and it happened .

good i could say anything in the end , i do luv this manga .I wanted to have even more than that really
i luv this manga it's really awesome i'm gonna re-read it bye bye
Mar 24, 2014 6:54 AM

Mar 2014
i really like how Nishino teach him all around to be more mature and be a man, and to let him know there's a place to return in the someone deeper in your heart waiting for u for a long time some safe place to hide and feel invincible safe like a heart beat so fast for the one share a joyful love
when i'm think a little bit more n more about it i'm feeling relived again n again
alligato Kawashita Mizuki........
Mar 24, 2014 6:55 AM

Mar 2014
Tsukasa Nishino (西野つかさ)
Her idol-caliber face, fair hair, and straightforward personality make her very popular at school. With her looks, she attracts literally dozens of admirers but turns down each and every one. Flighty and hot-tempered at the start of the manga, she develops a far more mature attitude after entering Oumi Academy. She works part-time in a French pastry shop. Her dream is to study pastry-making further in France after high school. While she is Manaka's first (and only) official girlfriend, she is forced to break up with him a couple of times. She initiates the first breakup because she can't stand Manaka's apparent lack of interest in their relationship. Towards the end of the manga, she and Manaka get back together, only to break up again to pursue their respective dreams. The two reunite four years later, after her return from France. Associated with the West ("Nishi").
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/character/1974#wJdLXqhLzEvTF23G.99
Apr 18, 2014 12:42 AM

Jan 2014
lol the fateful encounter at the beginning of the manga...It was a love at first sight...
but lol it end it up this way...I feel so sorry for Toujo though, a bitter sweet ending infact...I she would have been a little bit honest with her self from the middle of the story they would have ended up together, it's a little of her fault..well we cant blame her for it anyway..shyness is just one of japanese peoples personality...they have high respects for each other..even to the point of being highly shy about something.
But if she did looked back back then, I think Manaka would have chose her. Well there's no point in regret things now that the series just ended.

Explicitz said:
wouldve been nice if he added alternative endings for each girl.

I would totally love to see alternate endings though. . .but the author emphasize
greatly on the side stories instead.

7/10

but if the anime ever gets a sequel, i'm hoping that It will be an Aya Toujo endind
sorry for the Nishino fans for me saying this, but i really hope if there's a sequel to the ending I hope they'll give it to aya she deserves this. . .
DeadZeroSourceApr 18, 2014 1:53 AM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

May 25, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2012
thaumx said:

That's one of the best wall of text that i've ever read in MAL <3

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jun 17, 2014 2:32 AM

Aug 2013
#Team-Toujou, it literally feels i got punched in the face when i realised Tsukasa won.
Aug 1, 2014 8:18 PM

Aug 2012
To #Team-Toujou, read another shonen harem manga. In most of them Toujo type character win.
Aug 17, 2014 2:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A mixed bag for me to be honest. It dragged on for too long and became repetitive at points. The author could have done this with about half the chapters. Characters like Kozue and Chinami were absolutely pointless and feel like filler. It was all about the main 3 girls all along. I must admit that I felt Satsuki was badly treated by the author ( a hostess and single? At least let her end up with a guy or another career). I suppose being sexy and assertive in Japan is considered unfeminine or something.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 2, 2014 10:44 AM
Jul 2011
I read and completed this manga long ago, maybe about 8-9 years ago and thought I had it in my list already but apparently not. Only came into this side of MAL through some related series link jumping haha.

This series is still memorable to me mainly because of how it ended. I'm not a big romance genre guy but reading Ichigo 100% back then was interesting and how most of these series usually go about I figured Aya would be picked.

There was some issues with reused situations towards the middle but the series got surprisingly more realistic towards the end and highly engaging to read. Satsuki was my favorite girl of the 3 as she was assertive, straight-forward and had less BS surrounding her confessions but she got shot down way too much and it was hard to keep reading at times seeing her rejected so harshly. The Aya confession and rejection during the final moments was such a shocker due to way most other series go about relationships but it was also beautifully done. Nishino getting with Junpei didn't seem so fartetch towards the end due to the way she supported him but also pursue her owns dreams, just enough to be interesting to challenge Junpei and push him forward.

The final reunion was nice and bittersweet (as you get older high school/college days becomes more nostalgic) even though seeing Satsuki in "forever alone" status was a little disappointing. In the end it showed that Junpei had a very strong bond with all his friends and even with Aya not being the chosen girl the type bond between her and Junpei is something most people in life strive to have with another.

Overall it's was a good read.
Dec 25, 2014 7:24 AM

Aug 2012
Too bad after this Mizuki Kawashita failed too made another hit, she keep use conservative method and avoid created more Ichigo 100% type story
Dec 31, 2014 3:18 AM

Jun 2014
i glad to finish this series , even though i felt something rush for me
Jan 17, 2015 11:37 PM

Aug 2012
It already in decline, but i glad mangaka still manage to made spectacular curtain closer
Jan 22, 2015 6:56 AM
Nov 2013
sour, sour ending
and that beak up with Aya... I dont like it
Jan 27, 2015 2:25 AM

Aug 2012
If it end in middle school arc, Aya is chosen one. Too bad it extended and story evolved
Mar 21, 2015 9:20 AM

Jun 2014
I'm glad I equally liked Tsukasa and Aya but I was a little surprised the author decided a "Tsukasa ending " (she became popular so the author chose her) . Just bullshit that Aya decided to go on another university just because people around her said so. I'm okay with Tsukasa but I'm little disappointed he didn't choose Aya.

I didn't like Tsukasa at first then she grew on me. She deserved to be a happy with Junpei, I like their reunion scene.

I'll rate this 5 cuz I'm annoyed with Junpei most of the time. I was about to rate this 3 but the the last few chapters were good.
Apr 3, 2015 6:31 AM

Aug 2012
@blessofcurse
Actually it was Tsukasa fans who stick to the series until the end, most of fans already jump into other romance manga. And without the ending, Im 100% sure that people already forgot that ichigo 100% ever exist.
Apr 28, 2015 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
It was actually a fun ride imo although fairly predictable. I wish Satsuki won in the end though but oh well...it was inevitable. And also, has Manaka been hitting the gyms a lot? LOL.
Apr 30, 2015 7:17 AM

Aug 2012
Nope he just took part time in construction company and he goes to college too but not in his first choice.
May 28, 2015 5:37 AM

Jan 2013
Best girl won, and she actually deserved it.
I mean come on, Nishino confessed to him the same way that Manaka did to her in the beginning of the story. Aya did not do anything like that.
May 28, 2015 8:21 PM
May 2015
I really upset I read it so late but its a really good manga. I really hate but love how the auther had me think he(manaka) was going to pick Toujou but pick blondy instead. What a crapy but cool ending..if I can become a director I'm going to make this a live action movie and have Manaka and Toujou end up together ;p
SUNDOME527May 28, 2015 8:55 PM
Jun 26, 2015 9:20 PM
Jan 2011
Junpei didn't deserve any of the girls. He was a douchebag. Like wanting Aya to dress back down so she wouldn't be so popular. He was teh usual indecisive douchebag.
Jul 3, 2015 9:41 PM

Sep 2013
Ah, finally finished this after two days of binge-reading. The author really dragged this manga way too long. There were a lot of unnecessary and boring chapters. The main thing that kept this manga from going is Junpei's indecisiveness. I've seen a lot of indecisive characters in my life but Junpei is probably on the top of my list.

Well it's not a bad manga overall. It was still enjoyable. I especially like that Nishino won but also at the same time I kinda felt bad for the other two, which doesnt happen often. Usually I just care about the girl Im rooting for. But I sure would like to see what would have happened if Toujo or Satsuki won.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 13, 2015 3:35 AM
Jul 2008
After hearing this series for years, I finally have time to read it. I was turned off because of the sheer number of volumes but I think I'll find something interesting, that's what I thought when decided to read it.

I've read Hatsukoi Gentei and Ane Doki, they're better than this in my opinion.

I read somewhere that around the last volumes, manga popularity drop to the bottom. Maybe the readers realized that the story was going nowhere and started to lose interest.
Actually from around the volume 8 I've already lost interest and fast read it till the end. By fast reading it, I can guess what girl will have next problem will have problem with Junpei.

The manga is dragging things too long.
The author just rinse repeat a new problem with little to none to the story development for each girl until the readers became fed up with that.

I've watched Nisekoi before reading this and noticed the resemblance right away. So if you like this kind of thing, you may want to try Nisekoi.
Jul 17, 2015 8:36 AM

Aug 2012
@ LeonLanford
You right in last chapter Ichigo 100% is in bottom ToC, but ending close the curtain splendidly. Too bad latter Mizuki Kawashita losing her brave and made mediocre series.
Jun 22, 2016 6:13 PM

Aug 2013
Just finished this manga !

I rushed it and read it in 1 week, primary because it was the only manga that I was reading at the moment.

At first I feel so disappointed that Aya lost, but after thinking, I thought it was for the best, and I think it was as hard for Manaka that it was for the author to make that choice, in the end Aya followed her dream and didn't wrote her stories for Manaka, I thought it was wonderful.

And for the ending, even if my favorite girl didn't win, it still succeeded to bring me tears.

9/10

Sadly the author didn't write other manga as great at this one, I'll still remember it for years :)
Jul 4, 2016 11:58 PM

Aug 2012
@ Nuage
Glad saw Aya fans accept the ending, actually if manga end in middle school arc than Aya who will became the chosen one.
Sep 24, 2016 10:42 PM

Jan 2009
Finished this manga some months ago, despite starting to read it in the end of 2010.

Overall, I liked it despite the tone shift in the last volumes (comedy being replaced with loads of drama) and some anti-climax, especially when Junpei and Aya were about of kissing each other or something. I also hated the ending. The story pushed for a Aya ending for a long time. Even Satsuki and Tsukasa thought at some point of the story Aya was the favorite.

I also agree about Kozue and Chinami feeling like "filler characters", especially the former. I don't hate Kozue, but I feel she debuted in the wrong time.

I think a 8/10 is a solid rating for this manga.
bereta002Sep 25, 2016 12:05 PM
Sep 30, 2016 9:22 AM

Aug 2012
bereta002 said:
Finished this manga some months ago, despite starting to read it in the end of 2010.

Overall, I liked it despite the tone shift in the last volumes (comedy being replaced with loads of drama) and some anti-climax, especially when Junpei and Aya were about of kissing each other or something. I also hated the ending. The story pushed for a Aya ending for a long time. Even Satsuki and Tsukasa thought at some point of the story Aya was the favorite.

I also agree about Kozue and Chinami feeling like "filler characters", especially the former. I don't hate Kozue, but I feel she debuted in the wrong time.

I think a 8/10 is a solid rating for this manga.

Main hero x first girl is too cliche, without ending I believe people already forgot manga.
Nov 19, 2016 11:40 PM
Nov 2016
this manga make me feel emotional after reading it.., at first i was not so interested in reading this manga but as i go on chapter by chapter.. i found myself wanting more and more so keep reading until i finished it .. (in just 3 nights and 2 days).. and WOW its really good.. thou i fell sad at the ending because i like Toujo to be with Manaka.. but at some chapter(esp. when manaka and Nishino have a 3 days travel) i like Nishino to be with Manaka at the ending..
Nov 29, 2016 12:48 PM
Apr 2013
I'm still mad about this ending.
AureolusNov 29, 2016 12:52 PM
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Dec 25, 2016 4:07 PM

May 2009
First impression after few chapters was not so good - cliched ending with first girl was almost certain. There were also few weak points along the way like many forced fanservice scenes, lacking dialogs, hardly any development around their 2nd and first part of 3rd highschool year, MC and heroines were dodging almost every big plot twist by running away in decisive moments (only Satsuki was trying hard tbh).

Even with all that manga was enjoyable and after it was about to be axed - development pace became much better.

As already noted dialogs were not that great, Manaka took initiative like 5 times, he had some great lines during them. But mostly he was accepting what other person said or was just fantasing about panties and such stuff... It could bring much more what author wanted to show by fixing this point. But in result I think that Manaka x chosen girl was lacking emotional depth.

And one more outcome that would be acceptable by me was that Manaka would be ditched by all girls for various reasons. I really started hating this guy after he was putting all girls in his reserve-zone without picking any of them going wishy-washy...
YummySpaghettiDec 25, 2016 4:16 PM
Jan 23, 2017 12:59 PM

Jun 2013
A solid closure. It wrapped nicely and gave a sense of conclusion. Not to mention my ship is safely docked. But still, the journey was painful. It's too dragged, stupid drama and also mainly thanks to Jinpei's indiciveness. Pissed me off. 4/10 meh.
ImpalaJan 23, 2017 1:21 PM
Mar 21, 2017 8:19 AM

Aug 2012
Impala said:
A solid closure. It wrapped nicely and gave a sense of conclusion. Not to mention my ship is safely docked. But still, the journey was painful. It's too dragged, stupid drama and also mainly thanks to Jinpei's indiciveness. Pissed me off. 4/10 meh.

Junpei is your typical shonen male protagonist anyway
Apr 24, 2017 2:49 PM

Aug 2014
Tsukasa was the best girl. Shy laidback and you lose. Love a story ere not the booring first girl wins also. Tsukasas personality is more atractive and forword.
May 21, 2017 6:55 AM

Aug 2012
@Sweanime
The series is first of its kin, due Ichigo 100% success rock harem genre recently we got more ending variation than boring first girl/guy won
May 23, 2017 3:54 AM
May 2017
I created an account just to post about this manga... Also my first time posting stuff like this haha... Kinda weird that it took a youtuber storytime for me to find out about this... But anyway back on topic.

Started reading this around 3 days ago and Ahhh... i'm done... Another manga i need to add to my collection...

Thoughts

Character developments were well paced. I really empathized with the main characters and their personalities really fit their appearances. Really sad for satsuki (fave character out of the heroines) even though she was sexualized to much (probably for the fans) but still compliments her personality. The story went hilarious for me in the beginning then before i realized it i started empathizing them. Ending was... Good... Not great or awesome... Just good. It showed that each of them had set out their own paths for their dreams and no matter how long they are still the film studies club. Btw manakaxsatsuki ship here.

I agree with SuppleTears 100% eaAlso i didn't know there was an anime of this. O.O

As for my rating for this manga I'd go 8/10. Just because satsuki wasn't chosen haha...

Now... Back to the problem at hand... After binge reading and getting absorbed in stories like this... What I am doing with my life...
Gabriel_LabayenMay 23, 2017 3:58 AM
Sep 3, 2017 10:13 PM
Sep 2017
Ichigo 100% is my first ever manga that I read. It was really my types of manga that I wanted to read. It has given me a Lott of joy reading this manga. However in the end, it didn't bring me up to a satisfaction and left me disappointed instead. As, i dont wish to agree with other people's thoughts saying, "it was a perfect ending or whatever" .
Honestly, the last part of the story totally made my interest lost. But I have my own explanation too.
Yeah, I may say that It was the mistake of Toujou that she didn't make it clear enough to speak out that she was gonna attend that Love Scantuary event with her brother when Amachi (with Manaka beside) asked her who is the guy that she'd be attending that programme with.
And that was the critical time for Manaka because Nishino has already asked him out and on top of that he was thunderstrucked to hear that Toujou is going to attend love scantuary with another guy. (Besides, Manaka without a second thought simply thought that that guy must be Toujou boyfriend). It was a turning point when Manaka saw Nishino at his lowest time because he wanted someone to lean on. (And I won't explain the rest because u know already)
Shit, I'm only explaining about the stories without giving my reasons. Sorry hehe..

Anyways, my reasons are simple. Its not because of Toujou great looks that I'm in pain now. But Toujou was the girl whom Manaka 1st realized that sheZ her dream girl that he saw in his dreams. Toujou was the reason that Manaka broke up with Nishino. Besides Toujou was the one in Manaka's mind all time to make his, until he found that she is going out to love scantuary with other guy (whom Manaka thought its Toujou's boyfriend).
Also in the end we could see that Toujou & Manaka was something like linked together, "toujou was not able to write good novel without Manaka support. & Manaka was not able to make good movie without toujou script".
And for all the Nishino fans. I must say Toujou has more feeling towards Manaka because altough Nishino was Manaka girlfriend, Toujou was the one in the story who appeared more in Manaka's life.
I thought Nishino and Manaka broke up before Nishino went to Paris in the airport. And I was so happy. But I got it wrong.
So I'm sorry to say this but Manaka was a shithead after all in the endwith his decision . And I'm a total huge fan of Toujou character BTW. But if u judge my explanations that I'm supporting Toujou due to her physical appearance. Yeah, I'll profoundly say yes to it. But what attracted me the most toward her was her was of personality to handle heavy situations in an easy manner with a smile.
Sep 26, 2017 11:52 AM
Sep 2017
Till the last page of the last chapter I had a little hope that ultimately manaka would go with aya......I decided to give the best rating to the manga....before I saw the gross ending of manaka ending up nishino........really manaka was the worst of all......and yes writer really really really sucked the ending.....the story started with a misunderstanding of nishino being taken as the girl on the roof.....but there was no change even after the misunderstanding was cleared after hundred chapters......I just hated nishino........after the ending of the manga.....it was 💯% understood for me that manaka's character was the worst........nishino really never understood manaka's probs...but always prioritize hers....but aya..was such an innocent character.....she really was the best one...I am just so irritated.........😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡...
Oct 3, 2017 6:45 AM

Aug 2012
@Sansi07
First girl win already cliche, Aya ending only made the series buried with another typical harem manga.
Jan 25, 2018 10:50 PM
Apr 2014
I chose to read this manga as i wanted to read a heart-warming and sweet love story. Having read really sad stories right before, I feel robbed, I wanna die.

I put up with all of the clichee and awkward mess, just so i could ultimately see Aya finally have her love reach that damn monkey of an mc that we had to put up with. Other than the beatifull hair the girls had, that was the only thing that kept me from dropping this. I actually enjoyed it a bit until the chapter 30~35, but then all i had to enjoy was the hope of the ending that we were supposed to get. I mean, from the first chapter, this has been the love story between Aya and Junpei.

And i don’t wanna hear about how its more realistic, original, or any lf that kind of nonsense. Half of the manga was about random panty shots and the main character falling onto a girl’s crotch whenever something had to happen in the script. Not to mention the mc changing his feelings based on who he encounters, it’s just ridiculous.
From the start, and throughout the whole story, it was all about Aya finally getting closer, what should have been happening at first ( Aya getting Junpei instead of Tsukasa when he first confesses ) postponed to later, each time, as if in a sadistic madman’s mind that pushes someone off a cliff right before he finishes to climb it.

It would have been fine if it finally ends up as it’s supposed to, it’s a lame but good way to stretch out the story, but that wasn’t the case.
We had everything set, Satsuki had guys she could forget about Junpei with, Tsukasa has the pastry chef, Ookusa, it’s just so unfair at the end, for all of the characters. The relationship with Tsukasa wasn’t serious, and we knew it since the beggining, she knew about Aya, just like Satsuki, and we could litteraly see that she selfishly took Junpei for herself, and we could feel it, she knew that it wasn’t right, that it had to stop at some point.
We had hints of how it *had* to end the whole time, and we still got deceived each time. Tsukasa coming out on top was the thing that *shouldn’t* have happened, and I guess that’s why it did. I could feel it all along, it’s like it just goes deeper and deeper into the abyss, the point of no return. The shining diamond we could see in the early stages kept on getting dimmer and dimmer.

Im really mad at the author for dragging the story for that long, with such a mediocre and clichee story, but yet with such a big hope. Who cares about the pointless fan-service with hundreds of panty shots, predictable and lame twists, but how can you betray the story’s own essense like that? Who cares about originality when you do have such a a story, with its issues and its beauty?

I try to console myself and think that a female author could end up seeing things from different angles, and that over time it would completely shift from a young man romantical ideals but when I remember what our main character actual is, it does’t really make me feel any better.
Coming here with with a wounded heart, I’m now leaving with such a big hole in it, and that bitter-sweet taste in my mouth really is depressing.
Thinking back, all that stuff about novels and movies was pretty sweet, but too bad that we couldn’t know that much more about it though.

Anyways i guess I had to read that, even thought I noted 1/10, Im wondering if I should put it in my favorites. The author’s hair drawing sure were lovely.
Mar 19, 2018 6:22 PM
Mar 2018
Wow.. what a ride.

I first read this manga in 07 when I was in middle school... same age as Junpei was when the story began. I was so captivated by this manga and experienced similar situations as Junpei did. His character resonated with me and I was able to relate my feelings to him, even though he was frustratingly indecisive. Fast forward a decade later, I decide to re-read this again and man, I feel like I'm back in my teens. Although the plot may have been inconsistent, I feel like the ending was done well. Toujou was just too passive throughout the story until it was too late, but Junpei's archetype as the hopelessly dense MC didn't help with the progression of the plot as well. However, now that I'm much older, this is what I remember what young love was like: unpredictable, whimsical, and exciting, and Ichigo 100% portrays this fairly well. After reading this again through a more mature and experienced lens, it's definitely not perfect, but god damn, it holds a very special place in my heart. Thank you Kawashita Sensei. I'll make sure to read this again another decade from now, where I'll be cursing my old age.

- C
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Where to start manga

NightlyData - Feb 18

4 by NightlyData »»
Feb 18, 10:53 PM

» The ending ( 1 2 )

zqube - May 12, 2008

96 by Daril »»
Sep 19, 2022 11:51 AM

» Nishino100%

Avatore - Feb 7, 2022

0 by Avatore »»
Feb 7, 2022 10:19 PM

» English print

Bobolouie - Dec 1, 2021

1 by db84x »»
Dec 3, 2021 6:03 PM

» It's my ever first manga I completed when I was at the age of 11 and I reread it again after 11 years

xShal - Nov 8, 2021

1 by db84x »»
Dec 3, 2021 5:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.