Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 14, 2011 1:15 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It was an uneven ride and I still hate the rather cliche feeling the series had, but the last 20 or so chapters where Junpei, Tsukasa, Aya, and the others moved on with their lives was pretty damn interesting. But, to be fair, I've always found the "life after school" theme very interesting.

Now, personally, instead of all the highschool high jinks with girls that had no real chance, it would have been nice to see the after school parts fleshed out a great deal and I'll say the same for the other characters besides the main three which were left out in the cold. Basically, I'm saying the supporting characters weren't fleshed out enough.

Still, the final couple of volumes saved this from the 6 I had it pegged and now the series is at a 7. Definitely not one of the better romance series I've read/seen but it was pretty good.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 14, 2011 9:39 AM

Apr 2011
I like the ending for the main 3 characters, but I wish the author would written something about Satsuki and Amachi, they seem to have a good understanding in high school.

There no need for extra scenes of Nishino/Manaka having a wedding or kids for the ending, but I still wish to see it! XD

Did you read the author notes at the end of this chapter?

Aya story in the novel, does the protagonist pick the princess or the childhood friend w/ the same dream? At first I thought the princess was Nishino, but she stated it was the other way around.
- Aya at first lack a dream of her own, she followed Manaka into his dreams, that why the ending was great for Aya, she became a well-known writer.
- Nishino has a different dream, but what counts is having a dream to spread happiness to others. I recall Nishino referring that both their dreams bring happiness to people. They support each other dreams.

BTW weren't you on 145 yesterday night? XD
Jun 14, 2011 10:09 AM

Jun 2009
I was at around 145 last night, but I decided to push through to the end. And, yes, I to though Amachi and Satsuki would hook up...but apparently not. Funnily enough it seems Misuzu was the only one to hook up during the 4 year gap, at least that we know of.

About the princess/childhood friend thing, I thought that the mangaka was just stating that was her original intention and that the two of them got flip-flopped when she actually got to drawing the manga. But, you may be right.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 14, 2011 11:09 AM

May 2011
wouldve been nice if he added alternative endings for each girl.
Jun 14, 2011 12:21 PM

Apr 2011
^ Ya always a nice option, but the story was set up to strongly for Aya/Nishino.

Aya took it well for being rejected, but Nishino went above Aya for Manaka and if she gets rejected after getting together, it be sad = compared to current ending.
Jul 9, 2011 12:40 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
I can't say I'm satisfied at all with this ending but it did turn out a lot better then I envisioned. Though in the end he didn't end up with Toujou....Well it had it's ups and downs and I can't deny I enjoyed reading it despite the sour taste it left in my mouth so overall 7/10.
Sep 3, 2011 11:46 PM

Aug 2010
Really good ending. I think it's a good thing he ended up with Nishino and not Toujou.
Sep 9, 2011 3:22 PM

Feb 2010
this whole thing was pretty unpredictable but became alot clearer towards the end. the only manga that busts my balls more than this one is TWGOK
Oct 27, 2011 11:11 AM

Jan 2011
Overall its an above average series. And i agree with the person above me, especially the ending. Cause i was hoping for a Toujo x Junpei kind of ending, so a little disappointment there. But if i were to choose a manga to reread again, this would be one of them.
Dec 15, 2011 2:58 PM

Sep 2009
Really sad about Nishino winning out in the end. She was my least favorite heroine. Poor Aya. ; _ ;
Dec 27, 2011 9:52 PM

Jan 2010
I'm happy Nishino won in the end. I felt bad for her since the beginning. She suffered so much trying to sort out her own feelings after getting hurt knowing she wasn't the main girl on his mind. I honestly thought It was over between them after chapter 164 . The last volumn made me feel a lot better since it wasn't the cliche 1st love wins out.

I wish they would have gave Satsuki an ending though not just that hostess thing. Aya's end was she and Junpei supported each other so they can strive to succeed in their goal plus she's a famous novelist and Junpei ended up dating Nishino again ( :D )
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Jan 8, 2012 2:21 AM
Dec 2009
Wow.. You know i didnt really finish the wole manga yet but... I was actually super shocked!! (my heart skipped a beat) That Manaka-kun still loves Tsukasa-chan =)
Haha.I really liked the manga as well as the anime <3 It was so touching being apart from each other for 4 years and still love each other and got together again =) (Y)
Jan 8, 2012 6:27 AM
Sep 2011
Ok....after people talking about this manga I went and finished it all in 3 days or so. I must say that right now I am ANGRY and I HATE THE ENDING! Actually to tell you the truth I loved the beginning he met Aya and everything and it was going smoothly but when he wouldn't confess to her and she wouldn't confess to him over so many chapters I knew it just wasn't going to happen but I WAS NOT UPSET AT ALL because my FAVORITE AND FIRST PICK WAS SATSUKI!!!! I don't get WHY the author didn't have a Satsuki ending....SHE WAS THE PERFECT CHOICE!!! Why would Manaka not end up with the first girl who confessed to him...the first girl who said she loved him more than anything so many times....the ONLY girl he can act himself around....The only girl he trusts enough to even tell that he likes other girls as well, they even watched the same things on T.V......Now Aya did compliment Manaka but I felt her destiny was a Novelist so I had cut her loose somewhere in the middle of the manga.

I knew she wouldn't end up with him because her intelligence, her talents, they all didn't match with Manaka...Nishino's dream...her going overseas..her character it simply didn't match Manaka through my eyes.....But Satsuki....was perfect all around...Manaka is a damn idiot and I'm ANGRY because EVERY NIGHT I WENT TO SLEEP AFTER READING THIS I WOULD SLEEP INTO THE DAY....DREAMING...THINKING...FOR HOURS OF SCENES...IN WHICH IT WOULD BE A SATSUKI ENDING..There was NO REASON for it not to be....I don't get why he didn't pick her, I WOULD!!! Overall I give this manga a 7/10 only because Satsuki was in it....she was my favorite character, had best personality, she was just the best. She wasn't complicated, she spoke her mind so there was no guessing involved...she turned everything to positive basically. If it was a Satsuki ending I would give it a 10/10!!!!

My List of who I wanted the ending to be in order:

1. Satsuki
2. Aya
3. Kozue Mukai

No....Nishino is not on the list because I didn't like her character....i
I hate how the guys always don't want the girls who are devoted to them...the girls who try so hard for the guy to love them and they confess to the guy so much...simply live for the guy basically...his happiness is their happiness...but NO...he wants the average girl that leads to a boring relationship that I don't feel like reading. Anyway....Thx for Putting Satsuki in this manga. If I knew for sure she had no chance I would of stopped reading a long time ago.

Anyway...since this manga left me frustrated all I can do is hope I get a Satsuki in the real world so I can put this yet another bad memory of guy characters who don't like girls who confess their love so much and want to be loved by the guy to the point they will do anything for him to notice them. (If I had known a girl like Satsuki in High School....I would be married and extremely happy right now having fun with my wife with a kid on the way. Us just taking a stroll through the park...saying we love each other and a epic kiss!) That would of been my 4 YEARS later ending!
Mar 3, 2012 3:19 PM
Sep 2011
I've been reading manga for about 2 years, and for this is the most memorable one of them all. When it ended, I felt sorrow for Aya...and after thinking it over for a while I felt very glad for Junpei.

To me, Tsusak Nishino was a very unusual woman, and due to the length of this manga and the talent of the mangaka we actually saw her become that. I see this as a case of a somewhat bumbling guy finding just by chance the very best life companion he could ever hope to meet. The long course of development which made this girl who at first seemed merely beautiful into a prematurely mature woman with very good judgment, infinite patience and forebearance, and a terrific sense of loyalty--and which made Junpei that bumbler into a person mature enough to understand her value, it's really something! I can summarize it, but I could never have imagined or written it.

I felt after reading this manga that the author was a master storyteller and a hell of a lot smarter than me. If you love stories, there's really no experience better than that.
Jun 19, 2012 8:04 PM

Mar 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could it not be Aya?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Dammit to Hell!! So disappointing!!

Yes, I love Tsukasa as well, but it had to be Aya!!

I've been reading this manga for years and always "knew" it would be Aya, and now this? BS!!!
I've had a 10/10 on it since like the 8th volume, but I'm strongly considering dropping it to like an 8.

But, that would be selfish of me, it's not Kawashima-sensei's fault she didn't cater to my preference.
And, it was still an amazing story! I will definitely re-read this multiple times!!

But, I still can't believe it's not Aya, I'm seriously crying right now!
Oh well!! He wasn't good enough for my sweet Aya anyways!!

Even though I'm strongly pissed that it wasn't Aya, I've still gotta do it...10/10.
One of the best mangas ever!!!

Urahara Out!!
Jun 27, 2012 1:28 PM

Apr 2011
Haha. You guys need to reflect on this again in a year or so.

Nishino is the best choice ^
Jul 31, 2012 7:34 AM

Nov 2009
I honestly can't understand people getting angry when the story doesn't go their way. ''It's not supposed to end like this!'' ''This writer sucks!''.

Really? You sound like a little child crying over getting a piece of candy instead of chocolate. This is the author's story. What the author writes, IS the story. There is no ''it should be different'' with the work of an author.

At least have respect for the author to have the balls to write the story in a way you didn't expect.
Aug 4, 2012 11:19 AM

Aug 2012
Actually it was the ending which made this series famous, without that it already forgotten long time ago.
Aug 22, 2012 3:08 PM

Jul 2012
*sigh* such a good series and i love surprise endings but this one was one i could have lived without because aya was definitely the better choice in my opinion
Aug 22, 2012 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
Honestly would have chosen any of the other heroines except nishino ;(
Aug 29, 2012 5:01 AM
May 2009
Ah Im glad its Manaka and Nishino haha! Glad that there was a little story for the others.. Going to miss this manga now....
MetallicZAug 29, 2012 5:57 AM
Aug 29, 2012 5:58 AM
Aug 2010
I wanted to see aya/manaka ending, but oh well. It was pretty enjoyable. I felt sad for aya.
Sep 2, 2012 3:00 AM
Jul 2012
MrHatandClogs said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could it not be Aya?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Dammit to Hell!! So disappointing!!

Yes, I love Tsukasa as well, but it had to be Aya!!

I've been reading this manga for years and always "knew" it would be Aya, and now this? BS!!!
I've had a 10/10 on it since like the 8th volume, but I'm strongly considering dropping it to like an 8.

But, that would be selfish of me, it's not Kawashima-sensei's fault she didn't cater to my preference.
And, it was still an amazing story! I will definitely re-read this multiple times!!

But, I still can't believe it's not Aya, I'm seriously crying right now!
Oh well!! He wasn't good enough for my sweet Aya anyways!!

Even though I'm strongly pissed that it wasn't Aya, I've still gotta do it...10/10.
One of the best mangas ever!!!

Urahara Out!!
It is one of my the best mangas. but i think tha the ending was like Mahou Sensei Negima!, it was rushing.
but i thing the ending was ok int the way of authour because it would be like any other manga having good ending.the author must hav thought about it.
Sep 20, 2012 8:19 PM

Aug 2012
Actually Ichigo 100% in last phrase already decline and will be ax soon, but the author manage to salvage it. It happen in her latter manga like Ane Doki, the most exciting moment came when manga is going to axed.
Sep 20, 2012 9:58 PM

Apr 2011
db84x said:
Actually Ichigo 100% in last phrase already decline and will be ax soon, but the author manage to salvage it. It happen in her latter manga like Ane Doki, the most exciting moment came when manga is going to axed.
Did you mean after volume 1, during the middle school arc or chapter 167 ish?
Sep 25, 2012 7:29 PM

Aug 2012
If i not mistake after start from chap 140 onward it already in bottom, i got this information from Rugia from onemanga forum
Sep 26, 2012 9:10 PM

Apr 2011
I was not expecting that type of ending! lol I really thought Aya was going to be with Manaka. But then again i was rooting for Nishino a little more lol

10/10 for me!!
Sep 27, 2012 4:18 PM

Apr 2011
db84x said:
If i not mistake after start from chap 140 onward it already in bottom, i got this information from Rugia from onemanga forum
I recall him or someone bringing up the sells during that time (140 ish), but it was still fan theory. :)
Sep 30, 2012 11:31 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah, it never confirmed officially but if we start read Ichigo 100% throughly we can sense that 140 onward the author start patch the story and made solid plot to end the series. It happen in Ane Doki too but in more earlier chapter.
Oct 1, 2012 12:58 PM

Apr 2011
db84x said:
Yeah, it never confirmed officially but if we start read Ichigo 100% throughly we can sense that 140 onward the author start patch the story and made solid plot to end the series. It happen in Ane Doki too but in more earlier chapter.
Well, it only solidify toward Nishino in a firm way.

Even before 140, there was too much Nishino focus and little insight on the other 2.
Oct 6, 2012 8:12 PM

Apr 2008
I love the endings that show a glimpse of the future, especially in a reunion fashion like this manga did, however I can't help to say that I hated who he chose, it just doesn't make since, through out the whole series the author made it seem like Toujo was number 1 and nishino number 2, sorry for name misspelling. Its what I hoped for and it fit so well with who the characters were, the girl he chose really ruined it for me..
Oct 7, 2012 10:15 PM

Aug 2012
@vansonbee

It think start for Chapter 49, she already steal the show from Aya and Satsuki

@ Goodtimes420

Read second time with open mind, than you will understand why Junpei must choose Nishino.
db84xOct 7, 2012 10:18 PM
Nov 25, 2012 7:58 AM

Aug 2012
one of the reason why i love this manga is the mangaka's decision on how to wrap the ending, it's not your usual first-girl-always-gets-the-guy story, although in the beginning it showed some sign to follow that track.

i started to notice Nishino's potential to be a good heroine since she decided to going out with Manaka, and the scene where she confessed to manaka after the aquarium scene is the one that made me want to see her to be the final girl for manaka.

as for Toujo and Manaka, i think it's better for them to be close friends, supporting each other.

oh well, i never get bored re-reading this manga.. beautiful story, beautiful ending.. really inspiring and made me think about how i should never stop pursuing my dreams as well, no matter how hard it is.. :)

conclusion, definitely one of my all-time favorite manga~

final score : 10/10
ChoroshiNov 25, 2012 8:16 AM

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 11, 2012 2:08 PM
Dec 2012
Like cecropiamoth, back in March, said: Nishino is clearly (and from early on) the most mature, best choice.

I found from very early on that this manga wasn't a story about predestination (junpei/aya) or sex appeal (junpei/satsuki) but about being concerned about the other party. Except for a few occasions, Tsukasa really only did things for junpei's benefit. She urged him to talk to her, she gave him space. She told him how she felt. She showed vulnerability. She gave him up when it was the clearest path towards being together. (Strong!) I think I was even more than a little in love with all three by the end, but Tsukasa the most. I definitely wanted more than just Ch. 167 + omake.

Aya's & Satsuki's final confessions slaughtered me. Even when I was happy for Junpei & Tsukasa in 167, I was still blue from earlier. I have been days since being sad everytime I think about it.

It was actually a story about the obstacles in the way of them eventually being together. I'm not sure junpei & Aya were mature enough to be together, and Satsuki (imo) never had a chance. She was a sexy, distracting pal. Love needs more.

Currently, Kawashita Mizuki is drawing (G) Edition, which is about as far removed from Ichigo, Kasukoi Limited or Ane Doki as you can get. I'll give it a read, but so far I am disappointed. A lot of manga I read through despite the lolicon fan service, and g edition is maxing my tolerance.
Jan 27, 2013 11:17 AM
Sep 2011
I thought hard about why it would make you so sad. I cried several times during the story, and copiously at the end. One reason I cried is that I'm an old retired guy, and it's difficult to read such stories of youth at this time in my life.

But the other, more universal, reason, I think, is that many of us men are very romantic about love even if we might keep that tendency secret from everyone including ourselves; and for the romantic in us--well, he should have had Aya! She was his first love, and the ideal companion of his soul.

I bet this happens all the time. Someone has a very intense love or crush in their teens, and then they get diverted from that attachment to someone else whom they eventually marry. Quite often that someone else is much better suited to be their companion through the struggles of life. Can anyone doubt that Tsukasa is such a person here? As you said, she's unselfish and always-supportive. In addition she's practical, realistic, and emotionally strong, and she's smart. The fact that she's beautiful ties up the package.

My readings on Japan suggests that it's a "career-mad" society, much more even than the USA. Evidence from manga has shown me that again and again, and so does a good book I'm now reading called "The Japanese Mind". Such shifts of choice of mates from the romantic choice to the practical choice when one is about to go out into the world must be extra-common there. So "Ichigo 100%" is the perfect, representative story of growing up and finding a wife - for that society.

But I bet many a man there, just like some of us readers, remembers his first sweet love all his life, with sadness.
Feb 11, 2013 5:07 AM

Aug 2012
You damn right cecropiamoth, it hard truth but most of manga choose not expose the truth
Mar 16, 2013 8:58 PM
Jan 2010
When i started the manga I would have never guessed I would actually finish it. There were many times when i thought that the author was reusing too many scenes throughout the series. I still think the manga could have been 50 chapters thinner without losing anything noteworthy.
However.. as unattached I was at the start, the more attached I became towards the last 60 chapters. The author made it hard for me to keep a preference for a single character throughout the manga. This helped place myself into Manaka's mindset and his doubts. I was especially pleased with the ending chapters, not because I was rooting for Nishino, but because i felt it was a somewhat realistic closure to a long series.

Thank you Kawashita Mizuki and everyone who helped creating and translating this work.
May 26, 2013 1:52 AM
Nov 2012
I liked the manga but i felt sad because Manaka didn`t choose Aya.
Jun 1, 2013 7:25 AM

Apr 2011
nusi2 said:
I liked the manga but i felt sad because Manaka didn`t choose Aya.
Hope you get over this feeling.
Jun 2, 2013 1:02 AM

Aug 2012
A very predictable and cliched plot during the earlier chapters which made me almost dropped this manga. But during the long run, I became attached to it and continued reading further. I'm a Nishino fan but I was very sure that Manaka will end up with Toujo, but he didn't, that quite surprised me. I honestly think that it will be better if he ended up with Toujo, oh well.

Overall, a very enjoying series. There are some, no, a lot of low points but it still managed to entertain me.

7/10
Jun 4, 2013 9:02 AM

Apr 2011
I can confidently say Nishino i strong enough gal, that she can live without Junpei in her life. However saying Aya deserves Junpei more, is BS. Just because she cries, she gets fan sympathy...

f Aya was the end girl, this manga would of turn to shit and no one would of remember this, especially me. As much I want to respect other people opinions, I try, but I will get my word in on the matter. :)
Jun 17, 2013 5:26 AM

Jun 2011
This is one of those incredibly nostalgic mangas for me... and after 7 years, I finally got around to finishing it. I had stopped 2/3 into it before, but now I just marathoned the whole thing. And man, my heart is melting. As it drew closer to their graduation, and as they looked back at their past, I couldn't help but feel my heart wrenching. I'm so happy that Nishino won in the end, she has always been my fave. And this 5 years later chapter just compounded this bitter sweet ending.

8/10
Jul 9, 2013 8:46 AM
Jul 2013
When finishing this Manga, I was slightly upset that Toujou didn't win in the end, but I understand why she didn't win and I respect the way the author closed it. A little but half way through the series is where Toujou's chance of being picked by Manaka died.

During this time Toujou was just way to distant and her shy personality compounded on top of that to create an even bigger wall that couldn't be destroyed. And also because of Amachi focusing on Toujou and him spending so much time with her was another distance maker.
Simply, as time progressed Toujou and Manaka barely talked to each other while Nishino and Manaka were getting along great. Manaka did think of Toujou but not as much as Nishino. So by the time Toujou gathered enough courage to confess it was already wayyyyyy to late for her to do anything.

I have thought of ways of how to change it mid way to have the result be Toujou but no matter what I think it was a well thought out ending. If he ditched Nishino there would of been a horrible feeling because of that connection that they made. The only way I believe that this story would've changed would be if Manaka in the begining didn't ask Nishino out. That way Toujou would've had a lead, because as stated by Nishino, she forgot about the event that got her to like him so I believe Toujou would've had the upper hand.

In this case the main factor that determined who Manaka was going to end up with was time. If Toujou wasn't shy and unwilling to confess and spend more time with the film club instead of the literature club they would've had a better chance. But what's done is done. Nishino wasn't my first choice and when they ended up together I was upset at first and confused but after some thought understood.

P.S in all honesty any female interest that entered after Toujou and Nishino had no chance in hell.
Sorry Satsuiki and Mukai
Oct 24, 2013 5:43 AM

Jan 2010
I read this whole series inside a week, I tried to pace myself, in order to pay attention to details. The big attraction for this manga seemed to be simply not knowing what was going to happen with the main plot. (That should have been a clue, now that I think about it.) I wanted to take my time, and follow the different threads of the story, similarly to the way you pay attention to a mystery. Enjoy the suspense, try and figure it out, and delight in the ending.

This manga is definitely memorable. It was definitely interesting to find out what was going to happen from chapter to chapter. The author introduced many events that both built the characters, and left you guessing. Eventually though, the story really seemed to stretch on. The different events that kept you guessing became superfluous, and seemed more and more like a way to drag on the story. Eventually, the author started to add in events that were contradictory or that hurt the plot as a whole. It seems there's pressure to continue a popular, or even successful story as long as possible.

You can easily determine the area of the story where the focus changed from "drag this on, and keep them confused about the outcome" to "conclude the story quickly as popularity is falling" This was prior to the time of the senior year festival. (I'd have to re-read to find out exactly when, but I suspect right after the summer filming trip.)

The problem is, the author dug several holes for herself, and had to bend things to conclude the plot. I strongly suspect that character popularity data could have been involved in the author making her choice, and possibly the urge to make the ending surprising for the readers. If this were a typical manga story, Toujou would have ended up with Manaka. The fact that it was different counts as a surprise. I'm not opposed to this, and think it's refreshing to see a non-typical, or especially more realistic ending. (someone as shy, closed up, and self-sabotaging as Toujou wouldn't get the guy in a real situation, unless the guy was such a loser that he had zero other options.)

The problem I have is that the author sabotaged Nishino, starting early in the plot, in the typical "best seeming girl actually has lots of bad points" style. He did avoid making most of them personality flaws though. Furthermore, while a great character person by the end, it wasn't a realistic choice based on the personality built up for Junpei. (A person who has a hard time deciding on things, a hard time moving his own life forward, and someone with as many self confidence issues as Junpei has, would likely go for the more "sure" option of Satsuki.)

So yeah, the ending surprised me. I admit Aya was who I expected for the ending though not my favorite character. But I really didn't expect a Nishino ending, even after they got back together as BF/GF. (which was really pathetic, the way Manaka basically ended up accepting by default, which turned out to be poor writing, rather than a plot point.) To be clear, I don't mind that it was Nishino in the end, I just thought the writing to do it was poor. The Sabotaging of the Nishino option throughout the story also wasn't properly cleared up. (Just a few examples, breaking her promise to go to the same school, remaining undecided about her feelings (in different ways) for much of the plot, choosing to leave Junpei for France, showing only marginal interest in Junpei's dreams/desires)

at one point, I actually thought that the cram-school girl was a more likely surprise-twist ending than Nishino.

Nishino - Has a reason to love Junpei, because he helped her find her dream, and supported her going after it. She really didn't help him towards his dream, though she occasionally showed an interest or expressed some encouragement. (Mostly due to "keep things interesting" moments the author threw in.) She isn't a childish character, but she also leans towards the selfish side in several cases. She also made it pretty clear that her wants and dreams were more important to her than Junpei. (also... 4 years, and it seemed she didn't visit him? the last scene gave the impression that they hadn't really stayed in touch... wish that had been expounded on.)

Toujou - She loves him because he was the first to recognize her, and to value her, despite her appearance and introversion. He helped her to change and gain friends as well. The supported each others dreams, and actively helped each other. He helped her write, and she helped him film, and they shared a lot of passion where their dreams overlapped. In the end though, she constantly sabotaged herself by giving the impression she didn't like Junpei, and by clamming up and not talking to him when something slightly difficult came along. She went years without confessing. While she might have been written as the "soul mate" character for Junpei, it's perfectly realistic that they didn't end up together. At least Junpei gave her the final push to continue with her dream before abandoning her. She seems to be doing okay though, and she is living her dream.

Satsuki - Probably the most supportive of Junpei. She has one of the less obvious reasons for liking Junpei, but it's pretty easy to attribute it to compatibility and chemistry. She supported Junpei the entire story, in the day to day life matters that are often glossed over in this sort of story. She also helped him towards his dream the best way she could, and encouraged him as well. She's not the smart-talented type that has a lofty dream, but she's pretty clear about making her dream to support Junpei and his dream. She's the only character that was consistently there for him, and the one who showed she cared the most. She understood his weaknesses, and unlike other options, was willing to accept them. In the end though, her lack of a distinct dream other than supporting Junpei seemed to be her downfall. I think using seduction to get a man is probably somewhat taboo in japan, so that didn't help.

Toujou has that soul-mate power that imagination can use to say "they're destined to be together" so a long term relationship could be possible. It seems that the co-mingled dreams are realistically a pretty tenuous connection. Satsuki is the one who Junpei had the best chance of realistically having a long relationship with. She was devoted to him as a person, and the difficulties of life would be survivable. Nishino is great, but it's also very difficult to imagine them having a long happy relationship together, or even get married. They love each other, but their dreams will pull in opposite directions, and neither are really the type to give up their dreams for the other person. It's easy to see the difficulties of real life pulling them apart. I really like her though, It's nice to see a strong female character who puts her dreams, rather than love, first. They just don't match that well.

GAH... I guess this thing got me worked up enough to type a freaking novel... which is it's own sort of greatness... 8/10
Dec 31, 2013 7:30 AM

Aug 2012
Actually if we objectively saw manga, only Junpei x Nishino which got proper development. Other pair development stuck in friendship zone or turn into fan-service, so mangaka just chose the most developed pair to avoid abrupt ending like Family Compo.
Jan 4, 2014 1:58 PM

Jun 2010
I am really happy that Junpei with Nishino *_____* She's one of my favorite characters now ^^

Oh well but I wanted to see how they would call each other by their names :D
Jan 22, 2014 3:41 AM

Nov 2008
I read this manga for like 3 times already and now I want to start it again. Lol.

Jan 26, 2014 8:04 AM

Nov 2013
I don't know, this ending was pretty nice.
I am Nishino/Junpei but I would've been happy if he ended up with Aya instead.

Either makes me happy.
But in the end it kinda makes sense that Nishino ends up with Junpei.
I don't want Amachi to end up with Aya though, idk why.

9/10
"I'm going to have to work harder to open your eyes, aren't I?" ~Erudito
"You're here because you want to feel like something you're not, a hero."
"Do you feel like a hero yet?" ~Konrad
Mar 8, 2014 12:03 AM

Jun 2011
Towards the end of the series I was like,

"Yep, he's gonna end up with Aya, and that's ok too! but I think Tsukasa is a better choice!" and then I read the last couple of chapters and was pretty shocked, I didn't expect that kind of ending! It was a great ending and it left me feeling happy afterwards, that bonus chapter with Misuzu (I think that's her name) was good too! It was nice to see everyone's "timeskip" design, and it is also nice to know the film club is still going at the high school. I was on the verge of tears a few times in the last few chapters, it was so good!

Such a fun ride, I really enjoyed the series all the way through. I still want more though haha. I'm left with that really good feeling of completing a really good series. I'm glad I bought that first volume on a whim last year. I will remember this series for the rest of my life, and I will go back to it eventually too.

Viz, you must complete this series so that I may throw all my money at you! Probably won't happen, but hey, a guy can dream right?

Thank you so much Kawashita Mizuki and everyone else involved! I plan to read her other works soon.
PapaJosukeMar 8, 2014 12:12 AM
Playstation Network ID - Overlord-Takeshi
Please feel free to talk to me! I love making new friends with the same interests as me!
Mar 24, 2014 6:36 AM

Mar 2014
but nobody could think Junpei -kun walk behind nishino , he wants to know if she could turn her head back, she also wanted to know if Junpei -kun would eventually follow to the end , in the end she is back seeing he followed you see what he has given you the answer as you also say that you would not turn his head, then tell me who could understand Junpei -kun nishino hand , it did him a man and true who will stop at nothing while waiting for four years after these studies in France , is the love we have to sacrifice to get it and this is the case it nishino the ' you understand yet . and those for ca I love the character of nishino more and more. aya but could never be a happy ending because she does not understand what love and sacrifice it takes to be and satsuki was never in the game, it was too violent and too sex appeal that is that he got his failure. nishino but had those she wanted because she continue without stopping to take care of the flower so that it becomes the most beautiful in the eyes and it happened .

good i could say anything in the end , i do luv this manga .I wanted to have even more than that really
i luv this manga it's really awesome i'm gonna re-read it bye bye
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Where to start manga

NightlyData - Feb 18

4 by NightlyData »»
Feb 18, 10:53 PM

» The ending ( 1 2 )

zqube - May 12, 2008

96 by Daril »»
Sep 19, 2022 11:51 AM

» Nishino100%

Avatore - Feb 7, 2022

0 by Avatore »»
Feb 7, 2022 10:19 PM

» English print

Bobolouie - Dec 1, 2021

1 by db84x »»
Dec 3, 2021 6:03 PM

» It's my ever first manga I completed when I was at the age of 11 and I reread it again after 11 years

xShal - Nov 8, 2021

1 by db84x »»
Dec 3, 2021 5:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.