Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 30, 2011 12:07 AM

Jun 2011
I liked the episode~
Tooru x Ohana FTW X3
Nov 7, 2011 11:37 AM

Apr 2007
This episode was all over the place. It would have been better if all the events were not so out of order. The part with Tohru was cute too, though I really have to feel bad for Minchi. At least she's adult enough not to do a childish prank out of jealousy.

I also completely understand why Nakochi turned the TV on. Whenever I'm sick, and I get sick a lot, I like to leave it on as well for the same reason. Plus it's always nice to have some lighting at night. It sucks when you wake up various times during the night and only see darkness. Well, waking up so many times in general just plain sucks :[
Nov 9, 2011 3:10 PM

Jul 2010
Eww. I'm dropping Ohana x Tohru.

He seems to focus on the more 'sexual' aspects of her rather than her personality.
I don't like it at ALL.
I'm fully rooting for Ko now! I'm sorry I ever doubted you!!

I feel the SAME exact way about TVs! If I'm sick and home alone, I want some noise in the house. Me and Nako think alike! :D
Nov 28, 2011 4:44 PM

Oct 2009
Oh my, my body was ready for this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2011 7:29 AM

Jun 2011
Ohana's grandma when she's young really resembles Ohana's mom. I wonder who's that black-haired girl w/ red yukata is?Some kind of that place deity or something?

Tohru obviously have feelings for Ohana, even Minko realize it. I wonder if Ohana x Tohru will really gonna happen...

LOL at that novelist, telling Ohana ero stories when she's sick.
Feb 26, 2012 3:04 PM

Nov 2010
This has been the best episode so far.
Ohana doubting herself, having a fever and being homesick, but the staff at the Inn all grown close to her and tried to watch over her in their own way.

Tohru finally realizing his feeling towards Ohana, while Ohana misses Ko-Chan and Home.

Tied with the Festival it was nice to see it in this setting.

And Turn off the darn TV! You 'll only gain Head-Aches from it combined with a fever.
Mar 7, 2012 10:45 AM

Apr 2011
Best episode for me, so far.
I just loved every single minute of it.
It had it's dunny parts but also a lot of sad parts. Amazing atomsphere overall!
Brilliant, just brilliant. Hanasaku Iroha was great in generall up to this point, but this episode set a new standart for me.
Apr 23, 2012 8:06 AM

Nov 2011
That was a epic episode! Loving this anime!! =DD

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 6, 2012 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
I really liked the flow of this episode, how it always jumped between different times, like when somebody is really sick and loses his/her sense of time. Ohana was really cute even when she was sick and weak :)
Aug 3, 2012 11:46 PM

Jul 2012
Holy crap, I'm totally rooted for Tooru x Ohana now. This episode revealed it all so clear ... Feel bad for Minko though, as she's so kawaii when she was smiling and taking care of Ohana next to her bed. I like her a lot when she's not tsun ... Oh well.

It's so funny though that Ohana keep coming out of her bed and trying to work!

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Nov 22, 2012 3:48 PM

May 2012
Rather a slow episode though an interesting one, quite some humor in it as well and just a nice global story in this specific episode! I liked it how they've managed to make a person sick but still make it rather interesting!
Mar 17, 2013 7:03 PM
Jan 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Still hope for Ohana-Kou and Tooru-Minko

Lots of hope, I think. Tohru is obviously into Ohana, but Ohana isn't into him. Even as she noticed his scent in the helmet in the previous episode, she was thinking about Ko.

I think it likely they'll keep their current loves, unless it goes SchooRum fashion: X->Y->Z->A.

I seriously don't think Ohana is the type to go after another girl's love, and she knows Minko is sweet on him.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Mar 25, 2013 4:42 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, the best episode since the first few.

Ohana sick eating a strawberry is amazingly cute.
Apr 16, 2013 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
Loved it!
Superb episode, touched my heart, at times the atmosphere was so sad, I loved it! * ^ * The depths and designs are always sublime, beautiful even the comic. The best slice of life ever seen!
Jul 3, 2013 8:29 PM

Nov 2012
yes! XD AWESOME! XD

poor ohana :/ she get sick :'(
but she is still cute XD damn she is look so ero ero lol XD
btw tohru worried about her? hee.... kind feel sad for minko :/

btw that moment when tohru trying to "checking" ohana XD
Nov 6, 2013 5:03 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Poor Minchi, Tohru has a bit more than a crush on Ohana. Speaking of which, 37.9 is really not that bad where I come from. Hallucinations, really?

The manager was quite a stunner in her day, huh?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 20, 2014 5:37 AM

Dec 2012
This was a nice and relaxing episode, seems like tsundere Minchi is finally showing her dere side openly. I liked the bonding and the sweet but simple message as to what Ohana meant to everyone there.

Ever since the episode where they thought Tohru left for the other inn, it seemed as though there were subtle hints at him paying attention to Ohana more and more. I feel like something clicked back when Tohru said something like "so you were the only one who tried to bring me back."
Mar 16, 2015 1:10 PM

Jun 2013
For an episode that seems mostly like filler, this was a really good episode
Jul 20, 2015 4:09 PM

Jul 2012
I wonder when Minko Touru and Ohana will get this love triangle out of the way. So much hinting. The marker scene really reminds me of my teens when my friends and I would use markers and draw on anyone that fell asleep. No one was safe 😱 Good times 😁

This episode was a bit confusing in that it was hard to differentiate the dream from the real world, but it was like you were experiencing the episode through Ohana so I thought that was pretty cool.

Nako freaking out and telling Ohana to stay was cute :) Everyone trying to visit Ohana at the same time was really nice too. Everyone wants you to stay at Kissuiso, Ohana
Aug 4, 2015 9:41 PM

Jul 2014
Everyone cares for Ohana :') wish I could find a place like that.
Nako was TOO cuteee this episode, jeez...that flustered speech xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2015 7:46 AM

Dec 2014
Poor Minko, that NTR feeling... XD
Nov 6, 2015 6:37 PM

Oct 2012
Quite a heartwarming episode and the series is starting to hit its stride now. I really hope they don't go overboard with the inevitable love triangle drama with Torhu in the upcoming episodes.
Nov 27, 2015 9:10 PM

Apr 2015
Marathoning Iroha, best episode by a mile till now
Jul 2, 2016 4:17 PM
Jan 2012
Simple episode and good. Liked the friends showing compassion of ohana.
Normal lot of work he is exhausted. Only she had courage to face off the bat,hehe.
Apr 7, 2017 9:44 AM
Nov 2010
LadyOrihime said:
My little TooruxOhana shipping heart fluttered in this episode! It was so cute seeing him being so worried about her, seeing him blushing so much his own face flushed and couldn't tell if Ohana was still hot because he to was hot, and then his fascination with her lips....

But I feel bad for Minchi, not going to lie. And if she really did draw on Ohana's face, and I would have hated her, so I'm glad she didn't. I'm glad she was the one to cheer Ohana up. Props to Minchi!

But I'm still watching you, Minchi

Haha your last sentence got me good 😂
May 15, 2017 1:09 PM

Jun 2013

Seriously. Ko is a snore, Tohru is a bore, and a douche, and a Gary Stu. The only way for Minko and Ohana to win, given this pathetic selection of boys, is to not play at all. I mean, even their character designs are boring. Okada Mari wrote Anohana too (which is also a teen romantic melodrama with love triangles, ignoring the other differences), but in that show, even if you didn't find their personalities appealing or interesting, at least the boys were easily distinguishable, and varied in body type, hair, facial structure and outfits, just like the girls.

The episode was better than a mixed bag, but still provided a generous helping of frustration. I don't think I've mentioned yet how much I hate it when Nako is being all "hai" and "sumimasen" with Tohru. (Which is basically every time they interact.) It's not what she says, it's how she says it. It really drills it in how painfully unbalanced their dynamic is - and it's been exactly the same for ten episodes now.

I've mentioned before that I believe Tohru to be a Gary Stu (he's the ace cook, everyone seems to adore him, even Ohana is down with him now, and two episodes revolve around Ohana collecting him from places) and I strongly dislike him for being a jerk while I also find him boring (because he's not even a jerk in a funny or over-the-top way). Now I want to add that we still have no clue why he's a douchebag, we're just expected to accept it. This is lazy writing. At least we know that Minko and her parents aren't on the best terms, and her superiors (including Tohru) treat her really rough (to put it lightly), so it makes sense that she constantly lashes out at Ohana. Another fairly well executed example is the manager: it's been hinted that she's stuck in the past (which is why she has no qualms about physically punishing her employees or children), and she's a workaholic (which is why she is so single minded and constantly occupied with Inn business - well, when she's not smoking her pipe).

Still, as I said, there were several good moments throughout. I liked that Nako's admittedly annoying habit of turning the TV on informed us about her family background, though the dialogue could have gone better about leading us to this revelation. And it's kind of nice how far Minko and Nako were willing to go in trying to console Ohana. But I'm not sure if there was quite enough buildup for Ohana's breakdown...

- Clicking image opens album
LeeTailorMay 15, 2017 2:27 PM
Jun 30, 2017 4:35 PM

Sep 2015
Pretty standard moe slice of life story. Main character gets sick, other characters take care of them, it's cute (supposedly). And honestly this episode was pretty cute. I thought the illness felt kind of contrived. But it has shown Ohana as being at her wits end recently. So maybe it can get some slack. The dreams with Kou-chan were REALLY dumb. Not exactly the Sopranos over here. And I want them to end this Tohru love triangle as quickly as possible. But besides that pretty fun episode.

I love Nako, she's so great. Her taking care of Ohana was so cute. And even though the whole "the inn doesn't need me" conflict was dumb and forced. I was still a little moved by her frantic attempts to reassure Ohana. I wish Nako would get more focus. The show seems more interested in Tohru these days than it does with her. Maybe that will change. Also the writers story was the least annoying I've found him in awhile.
Aug 12, 2017 2:52 AM

Dec 2010
A really nice episode.
Aug 27, 2017 12:00 AM

Jun 2015
This episode was relatable and thus slightly frustrating... Ohana kept getting out of bed! Rest! I know how much it sucks to be super bored and also super sick though xD

So now we've got Kou and glasses girl coworker, and Nako Tohru and Ohana, meaning... probably nobody's gonna end up with anybody, if my anime-senses are to be believed :P But all shall be friends. At least Minko was a bit nice when Ohana started balling, I knew she could show a little decency when it comes to it.

I was also thinking, Jiroumaru writing about the manager is absurd, but... it does beg the question of whether grandma actually has a sick tattoo :o
Sep 19, 2017 2:15 PM
May 2012
it's true. whenever i had fever, i'd always turn on the tv.
Feb 18, 2018 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
Ohana worked really hard and she ended up with a fever, she feared to not be useful to the inn, especially hitting her when the others said that things were going well and that she shouldn't worry. Is she really necessary? Thankfully Ohana understood thanks to Nako that she definitely still has a place there and that they need her, Ohana really wants a place to belong to and it made me sad to see how useless she felt through this episode.

And oh man, looks like Tooru is falling for Ohana, Minko is not liking this at all... not that I can't blame him, who doesn't love Ohana?
Dec 21, 2018 4:52 PM

Nov 2016
Cute episode, but I'm not approving this ship :>

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 27, 2019 1:02 PM

Jul 2016
When you have such a fever you start hallucinating about spirits from your country's folklore... Boy, Japanese fever sure is something else.
Regarding that, I just hope that "farewell" to Kou means only that Ohana found the place where she belongs to and not some kind of conclusion to any possible romantic relationship with him... well, if this series ever takes that route.

Anyways, this was probably the first episode I actually liked. There were some minor things I didn't like such as the scene with the writer they used as some kind of "comic relief" (an erotic tale about Ookami, that dude have no limits!) but I guess in the end it was fine since they wanted to portray how much all the staff care for Ohana.

I also didn't like the scene between her and Tooru but well, it's pretty obvious they REALLY want to add a love triangle and that Tooru has the hots for high school girls so... what else can I do but accept it? I just hope all this to keep one-sided tho.

And finally, the scene I liked the most (or the only one I liked) was the last one with Ohana, Minko and Nako. It was really heartwarming to see. Not to mention that hearing Nako speaking her mind with such emotion was also very sweet, she definitely should speak more.

The next episode sure looks even more dramatic than this one but well, let's see what will happen since Ohana might have to face her mother, probably. I also wonder whether Kou will be able to do something or not since it seems she will truly need his help.

P.S.: Is it any difference in taking someone's temperature with your forehead rather than with your hand?...
Nov 2, 2019 4:52 PM

Feb 2012
why does the writer think it's a good idea to read an ill person erotica about their grandmother?

And now, there's a love triangle...

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 12, 2020 8:29 AM

Aug 2018
Great ep

A little bit weird about how they took care Ohana like Nako switching on the TV while shes sleeping maybe thats common thing on Japan. Also Tooru thinking something else while taking care Ohana xD as a boy i thinks thats natural at least he kept his distance.I never thought that hes interested much into Ohana lol.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 31, 2021 12:54 AM

Feb 2012
Like many others I was left wondering what the girl and the fox in Ohana's dream represented. And aagh! people kept turning the TV on without even giving her the remote. It would just make it difficult to sleep. I was glad when Minko finally said not to turn it on.
Mar 5, 2021 7:13 AM
Dec 2019
This was a really enjoyable episode.
I got so excited when the manager stepped in to check up on Ohana.
And Tohru! Omg! I love seeing that softer side of him, although I do hope that things workout between him and Minko.
This love mixup is the kind of drama I was hoping to unfold.
May 23, 2021 2:02 PM
Oct 2016
Seems like it was an episode to make the spectator think about the whole 10 episodes because it goes back and kind of asks how well Ohana adapted to her situation as she starts thinking about it.
When it wants to, the anime is actually mature, but why is this love triangule with a grown ass man being made?
I liked the episode nonetheless.
Jun 19, 2021 3:58 PM

Mar 2019
Lol that ending scene where the landlord and Tomoe pushed those 2 guys back.

I really didn't like that scene with Tohru and Ohana, like man wtf. Don't make this a love triangle pleasee. I don't understand Min-chi at all, she literally drew stuff on the face of an ill person and then it disappeared (as in going into her skin?) but after that, you told her that you all need her. I'm confused.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 23, 2021 10:30 PM

Jun 2020
Oh no this is bad Ohana collapsed and she has a fever maybe it's from that last time they were all busy it caught up to her, Tarou really brags his new work to Ohana this guy

Tooru got a little embarrassed there lul it feels like he's the one who's most worried for her, What's that dream Ohana is seeing it feels surreal

And oh don't cry Ohana crying doesn't suit a cute girl like her, of course, they need you to work again and they want you to go back and do the job it doesn't feel like Kissui Inn without her, I also would back up if the Mistress and Tomoe approaching me like that I probably would've run, unusual to see everyone different perspectives while Ohana is knocked out in bed.
Nov 25, 2023 11:36 AM

Jun 2019
Alex_TheForest said:
I don't understand Min-chi at all, she literally drew stuff on the face of an ill person and then it disappeared (as in going into her skin?) but after that, you told her that you all need her. I'm confused.

It was implied to just be an imagination sequence of her fantasizing about doing it, which is why it appears to the viewer to immediately revert to her normal face without the marker's marks on it seconds later. It never actually happened in the first place outside of Minko's head. A bit like portraying a dream sequence in a show, but the way daydreams and imagination sequences are edited and transition in and out can sometimes be confusing or misleading.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

328 by Jax »»
May 5, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.