Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2008 4:23 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So it is over guys. I thought it was an awesome end cuz after all these years it better be a happy all's well ending.
Jun 17, 2008 4:25 PM

Apr 2007
I almost cried reading it. lol It was a good ending and I'm sad it's over. I'm really gonna miss it!
Jun 17, 2008 4:29 PM

Sep 2007
Were Sango and Miroku's twins both girls, or was one a boy?

I'd love to see a spinoff of Kohaku and Kirara's adventures.
Jun 17, 2008 8:39 PM

Feb 2008
hmmm, a bit rushed in my opinion... It was nice to see a happy ending though. I just wish the Inu x Kag story was fleshed out a bit more. But I can't believe it's done, I've been reading this forever! ^^
Jun 17, 2008 8:43 PM

May 2008
I'm not going to lie i think that was a really bad chapter... It did seemed rushed. I love you know the fact that Inuyasha and kagome are together... But the title of the chapter does not suit the chapter it self... I guess i was just waiting for something bigger... Its definitely NOT my favorite chapter...
Jun 17, 2008 8:58 PM
Nov 2007
NOOOOOOOOOO IT'S OVER WAAAAAAAAAAAAH *cries*

It was an awesome ending though, I loved it! It's sad that it's over though. I REALLY hope they make an anime of the final 200 or so chapters.
Jun 17, 2008 9:54 PM
Apr 2008
Finally, it was ended with happy ending. I cried too much for this end of this manga's chapter.
Jun 17, 2008 10:05 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah, definitely a bit rushed. Coulda used some of the past volumes to flesh stuff out more. >.< But oh well. :D Still a decent ending.
Jun 17, 2008 11:02 PM

Feb 2008
it is a happy ending and i am glad about that. but i find it rather mediocre for a manga that ran for 10 years. was expecting more heart to heart interaction between kagome and inuyasha. i also find details lacking in kagome's decision to stay in the sengoku jidai, especially about her family, is she never going to see them anymore? what about the well, can it still connect to the present world since kagome decided to stay? guess that has to be left unexplained.

Jun 18, 2008 3:27 AM

Mar 2008
Finally Iunyasha ended! Don't get me wrong it's good manga but it was just so long! XD I was satisfied what it comes to the end. I was shocked when I realized that Sango and Miroku had children! XD (so cute!!)
Jun 18, 2008 4:28 AM

Sep 2007
558 chapters and it's over! Now what will I wait for every week...? ;)

The last chapter was rushed, but I don't think it killed it for me. I was afraid of some kind of "woe-is-me-we-can-never-be-together-we-are-from-two-different-world" kind of crap that several other mangas and/or anime have had. I've glad everyone was together and happy. It felt a little strange and isolated as the chapters go. Would have preferred more than just an overview of what happened to them all.

I'd also like to know if they can travel between the times again. If it was her "feelings" that kept the well from working and she sorted herself out...does that mean she can visit the "normal" era now, too?
Jun 18, 2008 4:58 AM

May 2008
NOTE: I haven't read a lot of the recent IY chapters, but I wanted to see how it ended.

... it was interesting to say the least... I can't believe Kagome actually went back to Inuyasha's period and got married to him.

And I didn't think Miroku and Sango would have so many kids. XD

Jun 18, 2008 9:46 AM

May 2007
ahhh after all these years it's over T__T ...i'm happy that i could read the end in this life but i'm still sad
Sesshoumaru onii-san XD

by the way ... Kouga!? where the hell is he? it's impossible that he isn't present at the wedding of kagome!!>__< ..i mean nobody mentioned him for a lot of time now ..and he is still not present in the end?
Jun 18, 2008 10:36 AM

Jul 2007
So it's over? After all these years..

Honestly? Even though the ending was rushed, it was lovely. I; I felt sad reading it, knowing it was the end, but I'm happy at how it ended.
;D I'ma miss it, but lets hope that maybe the anime will continue again.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Jun 18, 2008 1:14 PM

Dec 2007
Man Sango is popping out babies by the years! I liked the ending. It was happy. ^^; I wish they made it a little longer since it felt a tiny bit rushy, but it was epic. An epic end to a epicly long manga. -sniff-
Jun 18, 2008 1:43 PM
Dec 2007
It was rushed, but nice.
Jun 18, 2008 2:50 PM

May 2008
Man, Miroku sure knows how to make kids hahahaha kidding. Yes maybe it was a bit rushed but just knowing it was the end of the end of my childhood just made me pour out so many tears! i hope they continue the anime since the have no excuse such as ''we will catch up with the manga'' I'll sure miss it! DOMO ARIGATTO GOZAIMASU 犬夜叉!!!!
Jun 18, 2008 8:27 PM
Jun 2008
Well, I'm at least happy that Kagome and Inuyasha ended up together in the end because I was dreading that they were each just going to stay in their own times when all the chaos was over with. Still, even though Rumiko made this chapter longer than usual the ending was ridiculously rushed. Plus I feel like a lot of things are left unexplained. Does anyone know why all of a sudden after three years inuyasha and kagome were able to connect through the well again? Did it have anything to do with shippo reminding him to check the well every three days? And of course, is she STUCK in his era or can she go back and forth to her own still? I guess the point of the show was for them to be together in the end but I think it could havee been achieved and concluded MUCH better. Was anyone else furious that the "right wish" to destroy the jewel was just to wish it to disappear? Again, rushed and could have been better.
Jun 19, 2008 6:08 PM

Aug 2007
Finally finished it. Took me a while..but I finished.

It was alright.
Some were a bit repetitive and it got too dragged on but I liked the story.
Too bad, a kiss was never shown :/.

Overall I give it 8/10
Jun 20, 2008 10:47 AM
Feb 2008
nice ending, i would love to see this turned into a movie
Jun 21, 2008 10:53 AM

Aug 2007
I agree with everyone in saying it was rushed, but whenever somethings rushed I always blame it on the editor, and not actually the mangaka herself, since it usually is the editor's fault. They're the ones that say, "make it shorter", or "make it longer" and the poor mangaka has to change it.

(Being a mangaka is my career goal, so I've researched)

But going on to the actual ending, even though it was rushed, I have to say I was ecstatic and a little crazy when I was reading it.

Reaction to Inukag marriage?

"Ma...ma...ma...ma...ma..ma...ma..ma..ma...mar...ied?" *hyperventilates*

10 years of waiting for that moment led me into insanity.
Jun 22, 2008 8:11 PM

Jan 2008
What the hell? No kiss or anything between Inuyasha and Kagome? No kids for them, either?

Kagome calling Sesshoumaru "Nii-san" was great, though.
D&D Club

Because my sig making skills are non-existant.
Jul 15, 2008 2:41 PM
Jan 2008
Ok... I just read the last chapter...

I think that it was small for a ending :P
Sango and Miroko's babies are cuties *-*
And because of that i think that Inu and Kagome should have too! ¬¬'
But it was not a biiig problem :)
Rin didnt change....Even grow up :P

For someone who didn't read the manga like me it was sort of a ok ending! :D

(Bad English ¬¬' Sorry!)
Jul 18, 2008 8:55 AM

Aug 2007
Okay... loadsa things left unexplained:

- Wtf happened to Kouga!!??
- Why Kagome and Inuyasha couldnt go through the well for 3 years and suddenly Kagome can? And I'd expected Inuyasha's expression to have more elements of surprise when Kagome went back....
- No kiss/whatsoever between Kagome and Inuyasha!!!! :(
- Can Kagome go back and forth between the feudal era and the modern era?

The best part was when Kagome called Sesshoumaru 'onii-san'. xD

Jul 31, 2008 9:52 PM
Jul 2008
Ending was a bit rushed, but this was way too long afterall... the anime even gave up on Takahashi. I was surprised Kag and Inu never had a kiss scene, ever, not counting the movies. Well, I could be wrong, I skipped quite a bit of the series because I was waiting for Takahashi to finish this. Oh well, they do get married; a good and simple ending. I was a bit surprised at Kagome's decision, staying with Inuyasha was predictable... but staying in the feudal era... Well, let see what Takahashii will do next.
Aug 6, 2008 8:25 PM
Aug 2008
The end was really abrupt, especially after dragging the rest of the storyline out for like 10 years.
Nov 7, 2008 9:53 PM
Apr 2008
boooo~
I can't believe that Inuyasha and Kagome didn't even kiss once! Sesh's glare at Kagome for calling him Oni-san/brother-in-law was quite funny and classic Sesh.

I just wished this had ended 400 chapters ago.... Naraku was so lame.. he cheated every time they were going to kill him to draw out more pointless drama..

Glad he's dead. :D
Jan 2, 2009 12:06 AM

Sep 2008
Aww... this was sorta bittersweet for me! I can't believe it's finally over...
It's been a while since I read this chapter and I STILL can't believe it's over ;_;
I've followed the story for about... what, 5, 6 years now? WOW.
I loved the ending! I didn't like 2 things, though:
1. What the hell happened to Kouga?! -_-
2. No kiss between Inuyasha and Kagome?! COME ON! They're supposed to be married... =S oh, well...
I still loved it. These characters have really grown on me after all these years... I'll miss them ;_;
phoenix_kagomeMar 21, 2009 1:09 PM

*^*Random Rant*^*
Mar 25, 2009 1:05 PM

Nov 2008
The first few volumes of Inu Yasha were funny and showed the mangaka's familiar artistic style. After that, the storyline became repetitive and boring. The same puns, the same terrible attempts at drama and same "oh no, we have to fight another huge demon to strengthen your sword" episodic format made the manga dull.

6/10
May 7, 2009 10:40 PM
Jan 2009
*sigh...she dragged out the whole plot...why couldn't she drag out the happy ending....I wanted more lol
May 25, 2009 7:19 PM

Nov 2007
Ahh, it's over. I marathoned the last 200-300 chapters in the past few days x_x so I'm glad I've finished.

A pretty decent ending. Loved Miroku & Sango's little family. Plus Kagome looked good in her miko outfit >_<

I lol'd pretty hard at her calling Sesshoumaru "Onii-chan".
Bravo Rumiko, bravo.
Nov 19, 2009 1:42 PM

Feb 2008
i though is was a really great series
Jan 3, 2010 6:10 AM

Nov 2008
Inuyasa is a big influence to me! Rumiko is definitely the best. The news really shocked the hell out of me, a smile flashed on my face reading the final part between Inuyasha & Kagome yea... it also felt like crying... don't know why to me it felt like Inuyasha run for a very short time but in fact it's more than 10 years!
Mar 13, 2010 4:49 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I felt like I wanted to cry when Inuyasha reunited with Kagome.

Mar 26, 2010 9:21 AM

Apr 2009
I'm maaad... Like some people already mentioned... What the heck is this, just after 3 years Kagome suddenly appeared and before she couldn't?
Well about Kouga, when after Kikyo's death he kinda, khm, seriously realized he has no chance to be with Kagome - I prepared myself that I won't see Kouga again (v__v) but... WHY?! Kouga~! Y_Y

Sesshoumaru hasn't changed a bit :D *thumbs up*
And Kagome looks great in her new clothes...
No kiss...? Isn't it obvious... Inuyasha wouldn't want us to see none of his intimate moments with Kagome. Hahaha!

P.S. Won't Shippou grow up at all?
Apr 19, 2011 11:30 PM

Jun 2007
Aw I'm sad it's over but I was expecting a better final chapter. I didn't even cry... I'd have liked to see Sango and Miroku more lovey dovey, but the twins were very cute! My favorite part was Kagome calling Sesshoumaru 'nii-san'. 8/10
Jun 18, 2011 1:10 PM

Jun 2011
i finished the manga a while ago, but damn this was my childhood manga! i started inuyasha at 9 and now im 18! its crazy that it finally ended, but takahashi couldve done a waaay better job in wrapping this story up.
Apr 29, 2012 11:57 AM

Mar 2010
wow how cute Miroku's and sango's kids looked like.. So how did kagome get to that other world? Well I have no idea but it was nice to see what everyone was up to and how things would go on, well it was a very surprise that it all ended since this manga was surperb compared to the anime, it was a pleasant read.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 19, 2012 9:08 PM
Aug 2008
I'm a little disappointed :( This last chapter was sooooo rushed...
I mean... 3 years and their reactions are like:
'Oh hey Kagome, you're back.'
'Yup, Inuyasha. What's up?'
And the biggest disappointment... I hoped for a more romantic end with Kagome and Inuyasha ! At least a kiss or something... I really was looking forward to a kiss for 558 chapters ....
But I did not hope for kids or stuff, that would've ruined it for me.
And what does Kagome do? Can she still go back to modern Japan and see her family or does she just stay in Inuyasha's time.. ? All too rushed in my opinion..
Sango and Miroku have 3 kids in 3 years.. Well done ^^

But I really loved this Manga and I already miss it :(

9/10 even though it had it's flaws and stuff, but I just enjoyed it too much, to give it any less :)
xoxoJun 19, 2012 9:13 PM
May 19, 2014 9:35 PM

Aug 2013
Nice happy ending
May 4, 2016 5:52 PM
Apr 2016
xoxo said:
I'm a little disappointed :( This last chapter was sooooo rushed...
I mean... 3 years and their reactions are like:
'Oh hey Kagome, you're back.'
'Yup, Inuyasha. What's up?'
And the biggest disappointment... I hoped for a more romantic end with Kagome and Inuyasha ! At least a kiss or something... I really was looking forward to a kiss for 558 chapters ....
But I did not hope for kids or stuff, that would've ruined it for me.
And what does Kagome do? Can she still go back to modern Japan and see her family or does she just stay in Inuyasha's time.. ? All too rushed in my opinion..
Sango and Miroku have 3 kids in 3 years.. Well done ^^

But I really loved this Manga and I already miss it :(

9/10 even though it had it's flaws and stuff, but I just enjoyed it too much, to give it any less :)

Well at least Kagome is alive and married Inuyasha...something Kikyou had always wanted. Wonder what happened to her soul. Also why is there discussion page for the extra chapter, I'm sure people would like to talk about that.
Fake_WilliamsMay 4, 2016 5:57 PM
Mar 28, 2018 11:19 AM

Aug 2013
The last eighteen or so volumes (Mostly during the Moryomaru subplot) felt excessively meandering. And the actual defeat of Naraku I found pretty lacking, it just felt like something was missing to kind of tie it all together a bit better. Despite all that, and despite the actual final chapter feeling rushed. This series had a better ending then most of it's kind, the loose ends were tied and we get an idea of how the characters are going to be living out from now. All in all I had a blast reading this manga, far superior to the anime (except finding out about what happened to Koga), and easily one of my favorites.
Mar 12, 2022 4:43 PM

Apr 2020
Where do I start, InuYasha was my very first anime that I was into at the age of 10. I was so obsessed with this show & decided to read the manga a few years back. I’m so glad InuYasha & Kagome got their happy ending.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Oct 11, 2022 2:37 PM

Feb 2018
Pretty much all you could want out of a romances final chapter.
Dec 31, 2022 10:51 PM

Feb 2021
I prefer the anime more but this was a great read.

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Chapter 95 Discussion

Rasco - Apr 11, 2012

1 by Zankrax »»
Feb 25, 1:03 PM

Poll: » InuYasha Chapter 94 Discussion

Rasco - Apr 11, 2012

2 by Zankrax »»
Feb 25, 1:01 PM

Poll: » InuYasha Chapter 93 Discussion

Rasco - Apr 11, 2012

1 by Zankrax »»
Feb 25, 12:59 PM

Poll: » InuYasha Chapter 92 Discussion

Rasco - Apr 11, 2012

1 by Zankrax »»
Feb 25, 6:28 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Chapter 91 Discussion

Rasco - Apr 11, 2012

1 by Zankrax »»
Feb 25, 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.