Forum Settings
Forums

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Senkou no Night Raid

New
Apr 26, 2011 6:15 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
According to their official website, Sentai Filmworks announced earlier this week its acquisition of the TV anime series Senkou no Night Raid, which they will release as "Night Raid 1931". Their release will include episodes 0-13, the two unaired episodes, and the bonus recap episode. The series will be released on DVD & Blu-ray this August.

Source: official site
NaruleachApr 26, 2011 6:16 PM
p r o f i l e đź‘€
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 26, 2011 6:47 PM

Jan 2010
What an obscure and unwanted title to license.
Ok™
Apr 26, 2011 6:50 PM

Oct 2009
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2011 6:57 PM

Jun 2009
DoubleDango said:

same only more indifferent
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Apr 26, 2011 7:00 PM

Dec 2010
McRib said:
What a boring world that would be, if popularity was the sole criteria for licensing.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Apr 26, 2011 7:22 PM

Apr 2007
BrickBreak said:
McRib said:
What a boring world that would be, if popularity was the sole criteria for licensing.

Except this is unpopular for a reason.

Bound to be a flop.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2011 7:39 PM

Apr 2010
lol well ive been kinda wanting to finish it for a while...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Apr 26, 2011 8:09 PM

Oct 2007
uhhhh, why?
Apr 26, 2011 8:29 PM

Aug 2008
DoubleDango said:
Apr 26, 2011 8:30 PM

Sep 2008
Great for those who want it, but I can't imagine them not losing money on this. I can't believe they're dubbing it.
Apr 26, 2011 8:36 PM

Oct 2008
I don't really understand why they would license this series. It was alright but nothing special... I think you'd probably need to have at least some knowledge of the history it references to get the most out of it. Unfortunately that's something most people who would buy the licensed DVDs wouldn't have.

I'm interested in whether they do a dub of it though. Would they dub it all in English? Because the original isn't all in Japanese.
Apr 26, 2011 8:39 PM
Jul 2018
Kippy said:
Great for those who want it, but I can't imagine them not losing money on this. I can't believe they're dubbing it.

Its sentai, they hardly ever do dubs, so chances are this won't get one.

kokocho said:
I don't really understand why they would license this series. It was alright but nothing special..

I think its awesome that they will license a show like this, I for one have never seen it, but at least people who like it will get the chance to own a dvd.
Apr 26, 2011 8:44 PM

Sep 2009
Haters gonna hate. I'm shocked that it's getting licensed, but that's solely as historical fiction isn't popular. Maybe they can market it as a Mission Impossible x X-Men crossover type with history in it.
Apr 26, 2011 8:58 PM

Oct 2008
iCab said:
kokocho said:
I don't really understand why they would license this series. It was alright but nothing special..

I think its awesome that they will license a show like this, I for one have never seen it, but at least people who like it will get the chance to own a dvd.

The problem is that there probably aren't enough people who like it enough to want to buy it. Therefore there's a good chance they'll lose money on it. I could be totally wrong on this but I'm just going on what I've seen of people's opinions about the anime. Personally, I liked it, but I wouldn't buy it.

I also think it is nice when something other than the really popular series get licensed but I just don't understand what Sentai is thinking if they want to make money.
Apr 26, 2011 9:02 PM
Dec 2007
Siing said:
BrickBreak said:
McRib said:

Except this is unpopular for a reason.

Bound to be a flop.
I actually found it to be interesting. It's unpopular mostly because of what it covered. Yes, it's bound to be a flop, but I don't think the fault lies completely on the product here. Besides, since when has popularity equaled quality.

Apr 26, 2011 9:15 PM

Jul 2010
I wish sentai would get their act together
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Apr 26, 2011 10:18 PM

May 2008
outlawauron said:
Haters gonna hate. .

+1
xxxholic_wingApr 26, 2011 10:48 PM
Apr 26, 2011 11:12 PM

Nov 2008
It can't be that bad, could it?
Apr 27, 2011 2:58 AM

Jul 2008
Glad to see there are people that would license less popular stuff :D
And people, it is not like licensing one such unpopular Anime will get them killed. They certainly wouldn't do it if situation was critical.
Apr 27, 2011 5:13 AM

Nov 2008
i never watch this anime was it good
Apr 27, 2011 5:35 AM

Aug 2008
FoxyRoxy said:
It could have been good. Too bad it wasn't
Apr 27, 2011 11:04 AM

Oct 2009
Because people were just screaming for that title to be licensed...

I don't see it doing well at all. The show isn't that enjoyable if you don't know the history they cover...and when I watched it, it was sometimes months in between episodes because the subbing was slow, and it was hard to remember a lot of stuff. Maybe if I watched it in one go, it'd be better...but I doubt I'm gonna bother.
Apr 27, 2011 11:24 AM

Feb 2009
I saw the series and I definitely did enjoy it and will buy this ASAP. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but if you like history, drama and supernatural powers then check it out. BTW the BGM of this series was great.
Apr 27, 2011 3:14 PM
Dec 2007
Kvakond said:
FoxyRoxy said:
It could have been good. Too bad it wasn't
Let's just say it isn't everyone's cup of tea. Very love it or hate it plus it failed to play to it's strengths completely. It had a lot of potential.

Apr 27, 2011 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
kokocho said:
iCab said:
kokocho said:

The problem is that there probably aren't enough people who like it enough to want to buy it. Therefore there's a good chance they'll lose money on it. I could be totally wrong on this but I'm just going on what I've seen of people's opinions about the anime. Personally, I liked it, but I wouldn't buy it.

I also think it is nice when something other than the really popular series get licensed but I just don't understand what Sentai is thinking if they want to make money.

I know what ya mean, and I don't know why they do it, but they have always kind of gone for underdog shows like this.
Apr 27, 2011 6:38 PM

Oct 2008
Was this anime good enough to license. I never gave it chance since the anime blogsphere just dumped hate all over it.
Apr 27, 2011 7:35 PM

May 2008
Omniknight said:
Was this anime good enough to license. I never gave it chance since the anime blogsphere just dumped hate all over it.

Not everyone in the anime blogsphere dumped hate on this. Leon-Gun already said that this show is not for everybody since there's a lot of dialogue and history which most viewers aren't into. There are a lot of good shows out there which are not popular to the mainstream audience and yet, some of them were not licensed yet.
Apr 30, 2011 11:58 AM
Feb 2010
I'm not sure why ppl hated it so much, I think its a highly underappreciated title. Sure its not a masterpiece, but it attempts something that should have been done long time ago. I didnt know the history behind it, but the show explains it fully by ep 7 and theres also an excellent recap ep that sums up the whole history.
Still, I'm not going to buy the DVD because it wasnt THAT good.
Apr 30, 2011 2:23 PM
Dec 2007
brokeback said:
I'm not sure why ppl hated it so much, I think its a highly underappreciated title. Sure its not a masterpiece, but it attempts something that should have been done long time ago. I didnt know the history behind it, but the show explains it fully by ep 7 and theres also an excellent recap ep that sums up the whole history.
Still, I'm not going to buy the DVD because it wasnt THAT good.
If they add it in Netflix I'm sure it's good enough for a rent.

Sep 8, 2011 12:31 PM

Apr 2009
Popuarity rarely equals quality. Because the majority of anime lovers are complete anime otaku that prefer watching some shallow series like Baka to Test to Shokanjuu, Oreimo, etc and stuff instead of watching something that actually has some thought put into it.

But yeah, this show's hard to like if one's not interested in history. I, for one, love history and I absolutely adore this show, one of my top favourites and I'm happy they're licensing it. Maybe if they do a good promotion, it'll become more popular within the US.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Dec 19, 2011 12:13 PM

Dec 2010
I bought this series on sale, because I couldn't rent it. I'm not very far into it, but I'm enjoying it so far.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 28 minutes ago

1 by EcchiGodMamster »»
22 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
26 minutes ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no RozĂ©' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
4 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.