Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 28, 2014 12:25 AM

Sep 2012
So much done in 7 years. Too bad many are dead now.
Nov 9, 2014 11:11 PM

Sep 2014
Boooooring

I want to see explosions and total war; not this crap
Nov 22, 2014 6:57 PM
Mar 2012
Whoa, the transformation from goofy but loveable comedy to Dbz to code geassesque postvictory moral shades of grey is stunning.

Bravo, I hope rest of episodes keep it up.
Dec 23, 2014 2:39 PM

Oct 2014
Seeing everyone grown up was pretty cool. Simon x Nia finally! Ooooonly to be taken away of course. Cool battle, this will certainly be an interesting arc. And is Rossiu turning into an antagonist? I'd like to see Viral and Simon fighting together, honestly.
Dec 29, 2014 2:13 AM

Feb 2013
What an episode. They named he new capital Kamina City. That's awesome and saddening at the same time. I would of loved to see how Kamina would look in the timeskip. Everyone's changed so much! Except Boota. He's still small. We didn't get to see how current time Yoko looks like. I was so happy that Simon proposed to Nia. Fuck yeah! Simon x Nia! But then Nia turns evil/posessed?! I hope she changes back to normal. I don't know if I can take it if she is lost forever.

Some people's personalities took a 180 like that one sister and Rossiu. He was super uptight. I know he means well but damn man. Calm down a little.

Really excited to where things go.
Nano1124Dec 29, 2014 2:17 AM
Jan 2, 2015 9:08 AM
Dec 2014
Rossiu is such an asshole. I never really liked him but now he's just completely getting on my nerves. He's acting all high and mighty, telling Simon what to do. He's basically a shadow king who's making decisions Simon doesn't even know about. And he's creating his own miniature army by the looks of it. Like Rossiu wtf dude?
Not happy about the lack of Yoko either, though I'm sure she'll be back. I felt really bad for Viral in this episode. I think Simon let Rossiu push him around too much. I wonder if we're supposed to like Rossiu as viewers? xD Still can't get over Kamina's death.
Jan 13, 2015 7:38 PM

Jun 2013
didn't know there was going to be a 7 year time skip, surprised me a bit.

i like Rossiu better now actually, or at east find him more interesting.

I wish they would have given reasons why there were people that wanted to live underground, There are several good reasons I'm sure but it was odd that they just said that was where those people wanted to live.

I had a feeling the spiral kings actions were somehow keeping humanity from total eradication though i didn't expect Nia to be a part of that somehow.
Jan 25, 2015 1:46 PM

Jun 2013
I loved this one! Older Simon and friends (for a second even featuring Based Yoko), everyone was cool. And about Rossiu: probably will become a villain with his own following (Kinon!) at some point, maybe a dictator even? Also apparently Nia's programming finally took over her body. I wonder how this extermination protocol she was talking about works. I can see the new arc forming, and this is shaping up to be pretty interesting.
Feb 12, 2015 2:12 AM

Jun 2013
This anime went from Desert TransFormers to Code Geass XLR in one episode. How the hell could they build that much in 7 years? Is this even the same anime?! It's getting so good I can't stop watching!
Feb 23, 2015 7:05 AM

Dec 2013
I'm seeing a prick Rossiu incoming here`, and Nia....i wanted them to get married..

time skip was a really awesome decision. less of yoko is honestly unpleasant.
Apr 2, 2015 11:04 AM

Jan 2012
Nia such beauty now.Wait what ? I thought he liked yoko.

Apr 24, 2015 10:10 PM
Jun 2013
So how does Viral talk down to Simon about being like the Spiral king when...he used to work for the Spiral king?!?! Also since when did he begin caring about humans?

Rossiu is suuuuuper annoying now smh

And wow really "fight the power", not feeling that too tough.

This is going into an interesting direction. I like what the time skip has done to some of the characters, mainly Simon.
May 26, 2015 8:10 AM

Apr 2014
What happened with the series? The new scenario is consequent and logical but in my opinion this scenario doesn't work. The rebellion scenario was much better.
Jun 28, 2015 6:31 PM

Feb 2014
So many crazy things happening in this episode!

Poor Simon ends up causing many fires in the city despite destroying the enemy. Although it seems that either way the city would have still gotten destroyed :(

Rossiu does seems to be too focused on staying true to the rules/politics, but I do admit he does have some good points.

The only reason why I can see Nia turning into this robotic earth-destroying girl is that Lordgenome put some anti-earth defense mechanism inside of her when he created her.

I know that Gurren Lagann is much older, but it's uncanny how similar old Darry and Ersha from Cross Ange look alike! :o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2015 9:57 AM

Mar 2014
overall good episode but Rossiu turned into a dick and no clue on why viral cares about humans now also they completely skipped on developing Nia and Simons relationship but thats ok in an anime like this
Aug 22, 2015 2:34 AM
Jun 2014
The best part of the episode was Kittan saying how his sister has had a 180 degree change in personality, showing that even the show's creators know they've made these characters change. Still, it would be incredibly annoying if Rossiu is going to be the antagonist now since it really makes no sense when compared to the first 15 episodes. Before, it didn't matter how ridiculous things were, but now apparently things like administration actually matter. Trying to create political drama in a show where they spent 15 episodes doing insane things in battle isn't going to work. This is all speculation though, it could end up being different.
Sep 8, 2015 1:53 AM

Mar 2012
Kinda better. 3/5
2edgy
End Zionazism
Sep 24, 2015 7:13 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Rossiu: I told you so!

Love timeskips! (Except the catastrophe from Fairy Tail).

Accidentally came across a spoiler and now I'm sad.
Nov 17, 2015 3:30 PM
Feb 2015
I was sure something like that would happen, can't wait to see the next episode :D
Nov 22, 2015 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
Oh so THIS was the big time skip, woops! Rossiu became a real asshole, wth. Only a short Yoko flashback, without Yoko it's only half as good.
Feb 21, 2016 5:01 PM

Sep 2015
I don't know if anyone else here has noticed, but this is my 3rd time seeing this episode and I just now realized that Kiyoh's baby was the 1 millionth human on the surface.

I feel stupid.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Mar 15, 2016 12:07 AM

Feb 2010
Seems better than the start. Hopefully it is. This was probably the hardest show to watch in like the last year. And I've heard so many good things about it. I hope it ends up being really good like a lot of posole say. I never give up on any series.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Mar 17, 2016 7:40 PM
Oct 2015
that sweet sweet ed. nothing can compare
Apr 24, 2016 7:56 AM

Aug 2014
This second half is very promising, I liked it when i saw Kamina statue and how they named the city by his name.
The anime is now getting more philosophical about the nature of humanity.
Great Episode.
Jun 4, 2016 7:30 PM
Apr 2016
I wouldn't say I disliked it, but that change from post-apocalyptic to futuristic city-scape was very jarring.
Jul 6, 2016 1:44 AM

Jun 2016
Looking forward to seeing some mysteries solved; although I suppose "anti-Spiral races" pretty much says it all. Humans vs. aliens time.
Aug 21, 2016 7:20 AM
Jan 2016
FUCK. NO. HE CAN'T MARRY NIA!!! D:

I my honest opinion he should go for Yoko. Him, bro and Yoko made memories. He even had feelings for Yoko, and when he ran after seeing her kiss bro… Jeez! Now that bro is gone - what a tragedy v.v - he has Yoko for himself! And Yoko seemed to like him a little too! So why did they separate??

I've been waiting so long for some more romance between Simon and Yoko. Please don't ruin it with Nia… D;

Sep 18, 2016 4:52 AM

Jul 2016
It's great too see how the characters have changed in these 7 years, I suppose this episode is used for world building and such.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Nov 13, 2016 8:31 AM
Sep 2016
I don't really like the setting, it all just seems way too serious, i liked the way the beginning of the anime didn't take itself serious
Nov 24, 2016 3:41 PM

Jul 2015
Mattimand said:
FUCK. NO. HE CAN'T MARRY NIA!!! D:

I my honest opinion he should go for Yoko. Him, bro and Yoko made memories. He even had feelings for Yoko, and when he ran after seeing her kiss bro… Jeez! Now that bro is gone - what a tragedy v.v - he has Yoko for himself! And Yoko seemed to like him a little too! So why did they separate??

I've been waiting so long for some more romance between Simon and Yoko. Please don't ruin it with Nia… D;

I like you, LOL. I'm not a fan of Nia x Simon man.. Yoko x Simon ftw. I thought our ship sunk when he proposed to Nia, but I guess there's still a little bit of hope, since she's now the new villain (even though she's like possessed or whatever) and also because she did initially reject Simon's proposal.

As for the actual episode, in general, we need more Yoko, seriously.. Why is she even a main character if, after Kamina died, she's not even useful or around anymore.. They've downgraded her character and it's pathetic. Rossiu definitely needs a slap in the face also.. wait wasn't he just an innocent little kid before? What happened? Man, everyone's gone complacent.

caught in the wonder
Dec 28, 2016 12:46 AM

Jan 2013
Well then ... everything completely changed in 7 years. - A complete 180.
Viral saying that this new government is the same as the King had going is kinda bs, I'm pretty sure the people living aboveground are there by choice and helped make that city aswell. - Just because some people want to live underground again doesn't mean the entire city feels that way either, Simon obviously didn't have any issue with them going underground either.
Rossiu should know his roots aswell, the effects of his own little village he belonged to.

So the moon is a satellite ... wonder how many "Spiral" people are residing in there.

Yoko unfortunately hasn't been doing anything at all in the show apart from the start, I really like her but she needs some more memorable moments / more influence.
Apr 3, 2017 11:10 PM

Aug 2014
Time skip eh? Quite nice to see an adult Simon.
Apr 30, 2017 5:19 PM

Sep 2016
Great, I can't stop hearing Natsu now

君の胸に触れていいですか

:>

May 13, 2017 1:42 AM

Dec 2016
Wow 7 year time skip, people have grown up and now there is a huge city.

Unfortunately the politics is taking over and all I can see is internal strife happening now and in the future.

Pretty cool seeing Simon propose to Nia.

Wipe out the humans, so now we know a little bit about they next enemy and what to expect.
Jun 9, 2017 12:25 AM

May 2016
One of the Black Siblings had a baby and Nia got engaged to Simon. A lot of romance is in the air it seems...then everything went downhill the moment the population reached a million.

Rossiu's disposed of the Gunmen and looks like he'll stage a coup any second now... Viral ain't as bad as he was back then too. I wonder how they'll get over this.

Jun 24, 2017 3:18 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, wasn't expecting a time skip, but I'm taking it gladly.

Good episode, a lot of things changed and it got very interesting to the end.

Still missing Kamina, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2017 7:15 PM

Jan 2015
NOW I'm enjoying watching this show
Nov 15, 2017 4:10 AM

Nov 2016
So far I'm liking it. I just hope they keep with this version of Simon and that he won't change too much into Kamina. I really couldn't like Kamina.

It's a shame that Nia is the new baddie.. I loved her too. Hopefully she will go back to her normal self soon.
Jan 23, 2018 10:58 AM

Dec 2009
Trigger never fails to hype. Second arc seems bigger in scale than the first. Time to fight the moon
Apr 16, 2018 1:32 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, a timeskip.
I really like Simon after 7 years.
I feel like I won't like this as I liked first cour.
May 2, 2018 1:28 PM

Dec 2014
ok seriously I hate Russio being all cocky like that... the guy is getting more and more annoying and on my nerves...don't know about the time skip though
Sep 12, 2018 4:31 PM
Dec 2014
Humanity growing that fast makes no sens.
Nov 17, 2018 10:16 AM

Apr 2018
Amazing episode once again.
They all changed so much over the years...
I hope Nia's going to be alright!!!
Apr 21, 2019 12:22 AM

Feb 2017
Big change of pace and tone. Felt like more story development in the first half of the episode than half of the last arc.
May 26, 2019 8:35 AM

Jul 2016
What happened to Yoko?
Jun 6, 2019 8:23 PM

Mar 2016
Looks like Simon couldn't protect a damn thing

Also, I really like the designs of the Grapearls. And older Darry is cute.
syncrogazerJun 6, 2019 8:28 PM
Jul 19, 2019 8:32 AM

Aug 2017
Now that was a huge change of pacing. Suspected something about Nia from the start, things just could've been alright with her.

Everyone is different. Rossiu is some arrogant government official with authoritarian tendencies now. political_power_corrupts_everyone.jpg
May 20, 2020 9:21 PM
May 2020
I wish we could get rid of Nia altogether, but that isn't going to happen...

Seriously, people just like her for the "Moe" factor, but she is an annoying Mary Sue ... since her introduction popping out of nowhere (why was she even left alive inside the box if she was discarded?), then being better than Yoko at everything instantly while also being oh-so-humble-and-nice, being miss righteousness with the enemies which for some reason don't kill her instantly even when ordered to do so... then Yoko becomes third rate.

And Nia doesn't even have any value as a teammember other than providing """cuteness""" (which to my taste she doesn't due to her freaky pupils... seriously, think about how looking at that would be in real life. Like "goat eyes" level of creepyness squared).

She doesn't even pilot a Mecha and just instantly acts as Simon's maid without even knowing him... total one dimensional character. "Instant submissive girlfriend in a box, just add drill key!"... Yoko was much more interesting and her development got stunted because of Nia.

Really, the introduction of Nia for replacing both Kamina and Yoko in "leading role" along Simon was a big downgrade for the series and one of the big factors why the second part of the first arc feels so underwhelming compared to the inspiring feeling and tension of the first.

Being a sort of bio-weapon doesn't make her more interesting (Rei ripoff down to being on the side of the "angels" that come from space) but at least she's out of the way of story development with her "moe" behaviour as "emotional support pet". As a bonus the creepy pupils are much less noticeable now in the evil side, so I find the bio-weapon version of her *less* creepy than the normal version, and with better sense of style as well ;). Being an anti-spiral is another reason Yoko should have shot her in the head when she had the chance :V

Anyways, the new arc definitely seems better than Mia-land of the second part of the first arc. Nice political intrigue and nice soviet-like uniforms. Sort of showing how they were a revolution, now becoming government. Even wish we had more time for worldbuilding before the fight begins. But shonen's gonna shonen :V

As an aside, seems quite weird seeing Viral "on the side of humanity" and lecturing people on morality and freedom. After all, wasn't he a self-proclaimed Commander of the *Human Extermination Forces*?

Also, when I saw Simon in the kamina-like clothes in the preview and due to the end of first arc, I was worried he was going to become Kamina II but glad that didn't come to pass (yet...) - Don't get me wrong, I love Kamina but it doesn't suit Simon to be like him; so it was a relief he is still his poshover own self. Another clothes change impending per the preview so I hope it doesn't turn that way either.
Fighter66May 21, 2020 10:47 AM
Aug 7, 2020 7:55 AM

Feb 2019
Incredible, the rag-tag bunch now makes a government with Simon as Mr. President

Nia is alien's weapon apparently, some kind of automatic system that keeps the human population in check.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Aug 29, 2020 2:38 AM
Jul 2019
Time Skip! Everybody looks great and humanity has evolved so far. Despite having future technology, they sure don't know primitive ones like a trial.

Rossiu became a dick with power. The Gunmen are gone and have been replaced by beta Grapearls, I don't like it one bit.

But great news! Yoko x Simon has officially sunk and Nia x Simon is sailing beautifully. After episode 8, nothing really happened between the two of them, except during that battle in the air. Whereas Nia and Simon had so many moments after she debuted and who knows what they did during those seven years.

I never expected that to be taken literally. I thought it was just a figure of speech that means overpopulation or the population growing rapidly. And they literally appeared out of nowhere. New enemy, excited for the fights.

small44 said:
Humanity growing that fast makes no sens.

Yeah man. Earth grew from 5 billion people to 7 billion people during the 80s - 2020. Totally doesn't make sense.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1152 by LinaThePotion »»
Yesterday, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.