Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 21, 2013 7:05 PM

Aug 2013
I really hope Rossiu actually brings something interesting to the table, because I can sense some interesting character dynamics coming. :D Good episode, it handed the time skip well.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Sep 12, 2013 12:04 AM

Aug 2012
The 2nd half is already off to a great start. Not surprising, considering this anime is so good.
Sep 24, 2013 9:43 AM
May 2013
Oh so Nia is evil, I didn't like her in the first place.
So that's what they have done 7 years... Kamina City and Kamina statue.
That Rossiu should know his place... Who the hell thinks he is ?
Oct 17, 2013 8:38 AM

Oct 2012
Aw, everyone changed... Especially Rossiu, he's not cool again :(

Grow Grow fight da powah!! Dat eyecatch xD

I thought it's Steins;Gate number that showed the future changed or not... I forgot what it's called

Next ep, there's Spiral King in regeneration chamber??
Oh, it's really getting serious.. I don't know if this turn kind of events right or not..
It's almost like Code Geass... just a bit

Zarnaav said:
Oh so Nia is evil, I didn't like her in the first place.
So that's what they have done 7 years... Kamina City and Kamina statue..
That Rossiu should know his place... Who the hell thinks he is ?

I'm quite sure Nia didn't know what she's doing
Then, who the hell you think he is? xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 8, 2013 11:12 AM

Apr 2011
Simon is so cool now that hes grown up :3
Nov 20, 2013 4:05 AM

Apr 2013
Rossiu's logic.... "Let's bring more people aboveground so we can determine when we reach one million people!"
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 21, 2013 9:53 PM

Dec 2012
This time skip completely took me by surprise, was wondering what they planned to do with the Spiral King defeated. Looking very promising so far, grown up Simon look cool and so many things have changed. It was a bit sad to see Viral finally get defeated and have to abandon his gunmen. I have a feeling Rossiu has ulterior motives at this point, I wonder if him and Simon will have a falling out. Also liked seeing the pipsqueaks grown up a bit and piloting suits.

Excited to see what's to come from the moon.
Mar 20, 2014 1:50 PM

Jun 2012
Okay, that was pretty awesome. First (maybe second) episode since Kamina's death that I really loved. I really like the man Simone has become... not so much Rossiu. I was actually expecting a few episodes ago, that Simone would probably serve as Rossiu's Kamina/role-model, but I guess it turned out to be the opposite. I can't believe Rossiu would sit there telling Simone that it's wrong for him to fight, only to say that he and the rest of these people have become weak... kinda pisses me off when you realize that Rossiu was about the most useless of all of them before the time-skip.

Didn't really expect Nia to have this kind of role though. I wonder what exactly makes her special... since as far as we know she's simply a half-human / half-beast man. Aside from being related to the Spiral King, the only explanation must be something we're not aware of yet.

Asterick6 said:
I won't tell you how to pick your preferences, but I think it's actually pretty consistent with the series. They pretty much took most , if not all, of their technology from the Beast Men. Saying that it doesn't make sense for them to build multiple story houses doesn't make sense imo, as by that logic they shouldn't even build structures since they never had homes or form of structure aside from dug out caverns.

Also, if you think about it rotary dials... spirals... notice a similarity? Also, it may not be the case but it's kind of like they're building towards the heavens, I guess you could say. But really building up is much move convenient than building outward... as it's much easier to keep track of... and even though they failed, probably a lot more convenient for counting the population. If you noticed also, those flying cars had those spheres that made the mechs fly before. ALSO the city was technically still built under ground level... as you can see when it first shows the city it was all dug into the earth.

I don't disagree that the old mechs were a lot more interesting though, but I have faith that the series will pull through and keep things equally interesting. This is barely half-way through... so a lot can happen. Of course I know you've finished the series now, so this is wasted on you, but this is my two cents from my current perspective.
HalibelTheEspadaMar 20, 2014 1:56 PM
Mar 29, 2014 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
I really love how Simon called it "Kamina City". Even the statue gives me this feeling of greatness. Made me really sad to see it all blown up.

Also, is Gurren Lagann really obsolete? If that's the case we're probably never going to find out what was up with the way Simon found it; something that powerful doesn't just end up buried.

Nia turning evil was kind of reassuring too. After all this time I was thinking she was like a time-bomb waiting to go off; now it doesn't really bother me that much.
Apr 13, 2014 6:26 AM

Oct 2013
the new arc is siiiiick, but needs more yoko
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 11, 2014 8:53 AM

Aug 2013
Love the new look of everyone now.
My Candies:
Jun 25, 2014 10:42 AM

Oct 2013
wth is going on don't really like the start of this arc >.> but im sure it will get better
[/quote]
Jul 22, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
Downhill since ep. 8
Aug 9, 2014 9:58 AM
Jun 2013
Great start up to the time skip. Finally they told us who that old man was I knew there was more to him. Also how the hell did Kiyoh and this dude end up together they never even interacted with one another. The whole proposal thing was nicely done and im happy it didint drag on nias answer but surprise she being controled now and doing evil stuff. Simon sure cant get a break. The show is also giving vibes that rossiu will turn on simon. I mean hell he was keeping secerts from him.
Aug 9, 2014 9:58 AM
Jun 2013
Anon1409 said:
Downhill since ep. 8

I personally feel everything has been going up since his death.
Aug 22, 2014 12:08 AM

Jul 2013
I really enjoyed the series initially because of Kamina and Yoko, so seeing them both gone is a big letdown.

Rossiu...his ego is getting too inflated. And preventing humans from going underground was absolutely terrible. Viral made the right move tbh.

I like how the kids and everyone else matured though. Kiyoh and Dayaka are parents! Also still really like Kittan - he's a cool character.
Sep 8, 2014 1:46 AM

Apr 2013
What the fuck did I just watch? Is this the same show? This episode was better than all the previous ones combined.
Sep 12, 2014 8:35 PM

Nov 2011
That's a heck of a lot of progress for seven years. (Recall how it took seven days to topple Teppelin? I think there's a connection here.) The tone is quite different, hopefully less crazy, though overall not inherently better. It's too early to judge in that respect: It will depend on how things are handled going forward.

I like how Viral called out the hypocrisy of the new system.

These Anti-Helix races have piqued my curiosity. These are those whom the Helix King was referred to.
Sep 24, 2014 4:33 AM

Apr 2014
A beastman butler for Nia? I knew he had a mysterious identity!
Oct 22, 2014 4:24 PM

Sep 2012
So much has changed! I hate it. I love it.

I can't wait for the next 10 episodes. (btw, watching this dubbed gives the characters such different personalities after Bleach/Code Geass)
Oct 28, 2014 12:25 AM

Sep 2012
So much done in 7 years. Too bad many are dead now.
Nov 9, 2014 11:11 PM

Sep 2014
Boooooring

I want to see explosions and total war; not this crap
Nov 22, 2014 6:57 PM
Mar 2012
Whoa, the transformation from goofy but loveable comedy to Dbz to code geassesque postvictory moral shades of grey is stunning.

Bravo, I hope rest of episodes keep it up.
Dec 23, 2014 2:39 PM

Oct 2014
Seeing everyone grown up was pretty cool. Simon x Nia finally! Ooooonly to be taken away of course. Cool battle, this will certainly be an interesting arc. And is Rossiu turning into an antagonist? I'd like to see Viral and Simon fighting together, honestly.
Dec 29, 2014 2:13 AM

Feb 2013
What an episode. They named he new capital Kamina City. That's awesome and saddening at the same time. I would of loved to see how Kamina would look in the timeskip. Everyone's changed so much! Except Boota. He's still small. We didn't get to see how current time Yoko looks like. I was so happy that Simon proposed to Nia. Fuck yeah! Simon x Nia! But then Nia turns evil/posessed?! I hope she changes back to normal. I don't know if I can take it if she is lost forever.

Some people's personalities took a 180 like that one sister and Rossiu. He was super uptight. I know he means well but damn man. Calm down a little.

Really excited to where things go.
Nano1124Dec 29, 2014 2:17 AM
Jan 2, 2015 9:08 AM
Dec 2014
Rossiu is such an asshole. I never really liked him but now he's just completely getting on my nerves. He's acting all high and mighty, telling Simon what to do. He's basically a shadow king who's making decisions Simon doesn't even know about. And he's creating his own miniature army by the looks of it. Like Rossiu wtf dude?
Not happy about the lack of Yoko either, though I'm sure she'll be back. I felt really bad for Viral in this episode. I think Simon let Rossiu push him around too much. I wonder if we're supposed to like Rossiu as viewers? xD Still can't get over Kamina's death.
Jan 13, 2015 7:38 PM

Jun 2013
didn't know there was going to be a 7 year time skip, surprised me a bit.

i like Rossiu better now actually, or at east find him more interesting.

I wish they would have given reasons why there were people that wanted to live underground, There are several good reasons I'm sure but it was odd that they just said that was where those people wanted to live.

I had a feeling the spiral kings actions were somehow keeping humanity from total eradication though i didn't expect Nia to be a part of that somehow.
Jan 25, 2015 1:46 PM

Jun 2013
I loved this one! Older Simon and friends (for a second even featuring Based Yoko), everyone was cool. And about Rossiu: probably will become a villain with his own following (Kinon!) at some point, maybe a dictator even? Also apparently Nia's programming finally took over her body. I wonder how this extermination protocol she was talking about works. I can see the new arc forming, and this is shaping up to be pretty interesting.
Feb 12, 2015 2:12 AM

Jun 2013
This anime went from Desert TransFormers to Code Geass XLR in one episode. How the hell could they build that much in 7 years? Is this even the same anime?! It's getting so good I can't stop watching!
Feb 23, 2015 7:05 AM

Dec 2013
I'm seeing a prick Rossiu incoming here`, and Nia....i wanted them to get married..

time skip was a really awesome decision. less of yoko is honestly unpleasant.
Apr 2, 2015 11:04 AM

Jan 2012
Nia such beauty now.Wait what ? I thought he liked yoko.

Apr 24, 2015 10:10 PM
Jun 2013
So how does Viral talk down to Simon about being like the Spiral king when...he used to work for the Spiral king?!?! Also since when did he begin caring about humans?

Rossiu is suuuuuper annoying now smh

And wow really "fight the power", not feeling that too tough.

This is going into an interesting direction. I like what the time skip has done to some of the characters, mainly Simon.
May 26, 2015 8:10 AM

Apr 2014
What happened with the series? The new scenario is consequent and logical but in my opinion this scenario doesn't work. The rebellion scenario was much better.
Jun 28, 2015 6:31 PM

Feb 2014
So many crazy things happening in this episode!

Poor Simon ends up causing many fires in the city despite destroying the enemy. Although it seems that either way the city would have still gotten destroyed :(

Rossiu does seems to be too focused on staying true to the rules/politics, but I do admit he does have some good points.

The only reason why I can see Nia turning into this robotic earth-destroying girl is that Lordgenome put some anti-earth defense mechanism inside of her when he created her.

I know that Gurren Lagann is much older, but it's uncanny how similar old Darry and Ersha from Cross Ange look alike! :o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2015 9:57 AM

Mar 2014
overall good episode but Rossiu turned into a dick and no clue on why viral cares about humans now also they completely skipped on developing Nia and Simons relationship but thats ok in an anime like this
Aug 22, 2015 2:34 AM
Jun 2014
The best part of the episode was Kittan saying how his sister has had a 180 degree change in personality, showing that even the show's creators know they've made these characters change. Still, it would be incredibly annoying if Rossiu is going to be the antagonist now since it really makes no sense when compared to the first 15 episodes. Before, it didn't matter how ridiculous things were, but now apparently things like administration actually matter. Trying to create political drama in a show where they spent 15 episodes doing insane things in battle isn't going to work. This is all speculation though, it could end up being different.
Sep 8, 2015 1:53 AM

Mar 2012
Kinda better. 3/5
2edgy
End Zionazism
Sep 24, 2015 7:13 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Rossiu: I told you so!

Love timeskips! (Except the catastrophe from Fairy Tail).

Accidentally came across a spoiler and now I'm sad.
Nov 17, 2015 3:30 PM
Feb 2015
I was sure something like that would happen, can't wait to see the next episode :D
Nov 22, 2015 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
Oh so THIS was the big time skip, woops! Rossiu became a real asshole, wth. Only a short Yoko flashback, without Yoko it's only half as good.
Feb 21, 2016 5:01 PM

Sep 2015
I don't know if anyone else here has noticed, but this is my 3rd time seeing this episode and I just now realized that Kiyoh's baby was the 1 millionth human on the surface.

I feel stupid.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Mar 15, 2016 12:07 AM

Feb 2010
Seems better than the start. Hopefully it is. This was probably the hardest show to watch in like the last year. And I've heard so many good things about it. I hope it ends up being really good like a lot of posole say. I never give up on any series.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Mar 17, 2016 7:40 PM
Oct 2015
that sweet sweet ed. nothing can compare
Apr 24, 2016 7:56 AM

Aug 2014
This second half is very promising, I liked it when i saw Kamina statue and how they named the city by his name.
The anime is now getting more philosophical about the nature of humanity.
Great Episode.
Jun 4, 2016 7:30 PM
Apr 2016
I wouldn't say I disliked it, but that change from post-apocalyptic to futuristic city-scape was very jarring.
Jul 6, 2016 1:44 AM

Jun 2016
Looking forward to seeing some mysteries solved; although I suppose "anti-Spiral races" pretty much says it all. Humans vs. aliens time.
Aug 21, 2016 7:20 AM
Jan 2016
FUCK. NO. HE CAN'T MARRY NIA!!! D:

I my honest opinion he should go for Yoko. Him, bro and Yoko made memories. He even had feelings for Yoko, and when he ran after seeing her kiss bro… Jeez! Now that bro is gone - what a tragedy v.v - he has Yoko for himself! And Yoko seemed to like him a little too! So why did they separate??

I've been waiting so long for some more romance between Simon and Yoko. Please don't ruin it with Nia… D;

Sep 18, 2016 4:52 AM

Jul 2016
It's great too see how the characters have changed in these 7 years, I suppose this episode is used for world building and such.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Nov 13, 2016 8:31 AM
Sep 2016
I don't really like the setting, it all just seems way too serious, i liked the way the beginning of the anime didn't take itself serious
Nov 24, 2016 3:41 PM

Jul 2015
Mattimand said:
FUCK. NO. HE CAN'T MARRY NIA!!! D:

I my honest opinion he should go for Yoko. Him, bro and Yoko made memories. He even had feelings for Yoko, and when he ran after seeing her kiss bro… Jeez! Now that bro is gone - what a tragedy v.v - he has Yoko for himself! And Yoko seemed to like him a little too! So why did they separate??

I've been waiting so long for some more romance between Simon and Yoko. Please don't ruin it with Nia… D;

I like you, LOL. I'm not a fan of Nia x Simon man.. Yoko x Simon ftw. I thought our ship sunk when he proposed to Nia, but I guess there's still a little bit of hope, since she's now the new villain (even though she's like possessed or whatever) and also because she did initially reject Simon's proposal.

As for the actual episode, in general, we need more Yoko, seriously.. Why is she even a main character if, after Kamina died, she's not even useful or around anymore.. They've downgraded her character and it's pathetic. Rossiu definitely needs a slap in the face also.. wait wasn't he just an innocent little kid before? What happened? Man, everyone's gone complacent.

caught in the wonder
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1152 by LinaThePotion »»
Apr 25, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.