Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2011 11:55 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OK this episode was great in knowing more about the inner truths of the character, unfortunately the best part was seeing Ai again in the spoiler
problem is that she looks to be a normal human girl whom I really don't like as the looks plain and not special as it was with her 2 eyes being a different color each. The painting was a obvious horror old town setup but what was interesting about it is the mirror part whom I loved Misaki's precious memory as follows,

that was nice of Ryuuji to help although incredibly cliche, it was nice. Other than that Ai is willing to die for Ryuuji obviously means she loves him and so +1 to Ryuuji's harem. Other than that I have some details I had time to finish up on.

About the Cursed Lost Precious, as many have mentioned from the looks of the painting in the spoiler
the route 66 reference is also a meaning of welcome to hell since route 66 was also some times in movies changed to 666, which is a number associated to hell. It was quite obvious something strange occurred with the lost precious while liar words appeared upon it. It also had its good effects of fear on me when the shadow figure appeared in the window suddenly. The desperation motel name got me into my Silent Hills memories strangely. Obviously more of liar noun appearing kept the fear circulating IMO. That murderer in the spoiler
was very freaky, especially his face. Upon the basement part the dark gloomy part kept the emphasizes of the fear factor. The pictures with liar on them in spoiler
made me wonder if these are all women who are trapped but alive in the Lost Precious. That was never really answered IMO. In the end the Lost Precious having a hole blown through it made the murderer's soul loose as he was seen inscribing in the mirror liar. IMO that may be bad for haunting and thus a exorcist has to be called in.

About Ai, her first appearance really had me WTF at her eyes. Ai was very adorable with her expressions upon meeting Ryuuji wit her basket. IMO the coolest part with her in the spoiler
is none other than that double kick on the ax murderer. IMO the murderer was the most freakiest when he confronted Ai in the mirror part, especially when his eye got close to Ai's face. What was nice about Ai's part in the segment is that her feelings of dying for Ryuuji were nice to hear and full of determination. It was also very nice of Ai to offer a cupcake to Misaki for being honest and getting them out of the mirror. Shows Ai has appreciation even though she may view her as love rival.

About Misaki, apart from what I mentioned as being my favorite part of her and people thinking she is annoying, IMO she was great this episode more than the others. Guess her gaze at Ai's basket looked to get her suspicions up. Her interaction with Ai on the video monitor before entering Ryuuji's place in the spoiler
was quite amusing. It looks like Misaki and Rose were getting along fine more than Ai. Guess from the looks of Misaki's expression towards Rose feeding Ryuuji was quite the shocking one. She was quite disappointed at Ai grabbing that last cooky, which obviously suggested that it was not her true feelings of what she answered in that segment. She is after all a timid person less Mao helps her out. The eerie atmosphere around Misaki while being alone in that room gave out good fear vibes IMO. From the looks of Misaki's fear, she does not like horror movies with murderers in it. From the way the murderer showed in front of Misaki, her fear of him and the general situation of the mirror she was were shown very well but IMO when she appeared as a picture briefly in the spoiler
is where my greatest fear of her turning into the picture started to occur. Ai looked really cute when she was younger as she started school. I loved how she suddenly freaked out at Ryuuji wondering why everyone was talking about the truth.

About Rose, she started out really nice with a great smile. I loved her pouting face at Ryuuji's “mind your manners” remark. Rose's face was quite hilarious from the way it looked as she fed Ryuuji with Misaki's cookie. I sure did not want to see Rose using any fire when the gas was pouring out of the pistol from the gas station. Rose was most terrific as she used her fire towards the murderer in the spoiler
Upon getting out of the Lost Precious, Rose's hug towards Ryuuji was very heartwarming. She was very cute looking while hugging Ryuuji in the spoiler

Rest in the spoiler
About preview, can't wait to see Sapphi in the spoiler
she looks really adorable and in the ED her breasts are the perfect “B” size grab. From the looks of her hand insignia looks like rain drops so I am assuming she is water dragon. Yes! Maruga is back and I wonder who is that besides her. Looks like some kind of servant. Discuss what you think about Ai being normal and this whole Lost Precious painting.
Yumekichi11Mar 14, 2011 8:08 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 7, 2011 12:28 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Major US horror film reference.

Rose ended up in that suggestive position again like in Ep 1.

Misaki needs to realize Rose is going to get Ryuuji and stop freaking out when she snuggles him and better yet she needs to go away.

The next episode has Maruga which will be nice since she like Rose is one of my favorite characters this season.

Mar 7, 2011 12:52 PM

Apr 2010
Eriko made me laugh she is standing in front of a painting displaying a town with a road sigh for Route 66 and she asks is it's a English speaking community.
I mean Route 66 is probably the most famous road in America even i heard of it and i have never been anywhere near the US.
Not to mention all the English things on in the painting.

Was Ai wearing color lenses?
Since it was mentioned last time that her powers could not be reversed and that she would have to remain with those wolf features. (Unless i heard it wrong)
And she also didn't use her wolf transformation she did however display some amazing agility when she kicked that freak.
It's good to see that her parents are kind to her and that she is feeling herself home despite the fact that she didn't see them for 15 years.
And i hope we see more of her.

This episode seemed like the typical horror movie even the ending was like a horror movie and it was actually nice to see that in Anime for ones even if it's predictable.
The mirror was new tho.

Seeing Bianca appear all of a sudden was interesting tho i wonder how she got in and why she knew there was trouble.
It also seemed like she figured out about Ai's powers tho she might have known something about her from her research.

I would also like to apologize to the MOD's in case this is a double topic it's almost impossible to see if someone already made a topic with this lag.
Mar 7, 2011 1:06 PM

Apr 2010
LOL this episode kinda actually gave me the chills XD

And I don't get scared easily...
Mar 7, 2011 4:21 PM

Sep 2009
Glad to see some characters back. It looks like the same thing will happen next episode.

I noticed we are close to the end. I think this needs another season.

Edit: Wow, I can finally see my comment (sometimes). The forums seem to be pretty messed up at the moment. Usually I would hear about other people having problems on here and it wouldn't be that bad for me, but I have been starting to feel the effects.
saxophone15Mar 7, 2011 8:17 PM
Mar 7, 2011 4:22 PM

Jun 2010
I kind of agree with you there, the ending got me
"Oh my! He's not there anymore!" he's in the bathroom, run!

it also appears that everyone knows that they all love Ryuji :P
Mar 7, 2011 6:38 PM

Dec 2007
Lol. WTF is up with MAL?

Anyways, episode was alright. Pretty typical set up story to allow us to know the characters more. I like the mystery touch to it. End part where axe man comes out makes me question if this was a filler episode though >_>.

I'm still wondering about the setting of this anime. The side characters seem oblivious to lost precious yet at the same time we get giant robots in school grounds...
Mar 7, 2011 6:52 PM

Jan 2011
I don't have much to say. Although I enjoyed seeing Ai again. Especially at the beginning when Misaki was going to Ryuji's as well.
Mar 7, 2011 6:58 PM

Jun 2008
Welcome to American Horror bitches...(most likely Texas)...

where villains always win and there ain't no happy ending.

Anyways, a much better episode compared to last week and I can't wait to see that new character from the preview.
Mar 7, 2011 7:50 PM

Feb 2011
Seeing Ai was nice and the episode was good. Getting a new character again but the preview said that this was only the beginning for Dragon Crisis. I'll definitely look forward to a season two if it happens.
Mar 7, 2011 8:04 PM

Jun 2010
I thought that painting had a different ability. I thought it was like a dream painting, where if you think of something, the place you're in makes it real, hence the killer.

Its about time that other dragon made an appearance. She says mature romance, but she'll probably act like a kid.

so many discussions for episode 9

Mar 7, 2011 9:18 PM

Jun 2009
So much Ai <3 this episode, if not for the rest that would be a great episode. Looking forward to see blue dragon and Maruga in next episode, they'll probably appear just for one episode though, like it always happens. D :
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 7, 2011 10:02 PM

Nov 2010
says no one has made it, so i will

i liked the ep, the semi-horror was nice
Mar 7, 2011 10:40 PM

Sep 2010
that was interesting how the painting that Eriko go turned out to be a cursed lost precious and seriously, where did Bianca come from all of a sudden? that was creeper vision right there :P

also, there confessions in the mirror was pretty cool and I loved their answers
so we find out that Eriko was the reason why Ryuji was there in the antique shop, that was pretty interesting...

and finally, Saphie (did i spell that right?), we finally get to see her and she's a dragon, didn't see that coming
and i kinda knew that this wasn't going to be a 12 episode serious, i think it was just because they only had that many listed or something

great episode and can't wait for next week!!!! :D
Mar 7, 2011 10:45 PM
Mar 2010
The fan girl pisses me off. Her voice is simply annoying; her "Hauu" isn't cute enough.
But overall, this was an amazing episode, my favorite episode of this series by far.
Mar 7, 2011 11:10 PM

Dec 2010
Pretty scary episode. That axe dude... He was talking even with stitches in his mouth?!

Finally Hisaki says something! I still dislike her for being too much of a pushover wimp though.

The ending was the scariest...it appears that the man in the painting is now in Ryuji's house. Uh oh

4/5 for episode. Looking forward to the next!

Mar 7, 2011 11:40 PM

Sep 2007
God Misaki is so annoying. Everything about her is just annoying especially her voice. She literally serves zero purpose other than a back drop harem character.
Mar 8, 2011 1:04 AM
Dec 2010
Good episode, though a bit corny IMO~

The one thing that made me think was the preview for the next episode. Sapphy, or however she was called said that she appears at the end of the series, but that dragon crisis just gets started. While this could simply be a matter a speech, maybe it is indirectly indicating that a second season is indeed planned?

I wouldn't dislike a second season, but hopefully with some more plot and not just one-upping his harem all the time.
Mar 8, 2011 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
5 ep9 posts? Not quite as bad as KoreZombie's forum, but oh well.
Tl;dr Ai <3
But... did she grow a size or two? >_>
Herp derp, let's fall into this suspicious-looking painting with suddenly appearing scribbles on it, that seems like a fun pass-time.
Oh and lolexploding axe completely shattering a door in one throw.

But okay, maybe next episode will actually be good, because suddenly, a blue dragon, and Maruga comes back ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Oh and yeah,
Wasabi said:
God Misaki is so annoying. Everything about her is just annoying especially her voice. She literally serves zero purpose other than a back drop harem character.
Forgot to mention that I still hate her.
OosranMar 8, 2011 4:02 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 8, 2011 2:11 AM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Well I actually I think she adds comedic purpose and maybe also childhood friend? We don't know really know how far her past goes with him.

Mar 8, 2011 3:41 AM

Aug 2010
I for one like Misaki and the comedy she brings. I think this episode was really good especially since it had Ai :)
Mar 8, 2011 7:11 AM

Jun 2008
Iisan-kun said:
There is a limit to how much cheese that one man can take... this episode made me smash my head against the keyboard several times.

what this user said...
honestly none of the members of this harem are mysterious. u can see right through their motivations and feelings like glass. so the whole truths thing was just pointing out things that were already obvious at this point. if they mentioned Ryuuji's name one more time, I was gonna barf. the only good thing about this episode was getting to see Ai again.
Mar 8, 2011 7:37 AM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
I for one like Misaki and the comedy she brings.
Exactly thanks for agreeing with me. She really is there for comedy and maybe some future drama. She could also be a potential for Ryuuji to get better with his skills for IMO if she ever gets in trouble it could be a good situation where 100% he will save her since she likes her. BTW anyone thinks that Ai still has her Lost Precious on but just did not activate it this episode? She looks to have the agility she had although I wonder if her parents decided to remove the Lost Precious implanted in her less she wanted to keep it as a souvenir from her master.

Mar 8, 2011 7:43 AM
Jun 2008
Ujihara Huminori: Ohhh, this is what they called harem
Mar 8, 2011 7:52 AM

Nov 2008
Misaki must go away, it's all about Rose, and really her freaking out when Rose snuggles up with Ryuuji is unacceptable.

Bianca is such a stalker and Ai better be careful she might "study" her.

I will like the next episode as Maruga returns.

I wouldn't mind one more season but leave Misaki and the rest of his friends out, I don't like them

Mar 8, 2011 8:12 AM

Nov 2010
Damn I hate Misaki, she's just too annyoing... She just screams "Mauu" all the time...
Otherwise an awesome episode
Mar 8, 2011 8:53 AM

May 2010
Nothing special in the ep except that Ai returned.

And Misaki was really annoying. I was like "Come on, say it already." :/
Mar 8, 2011 9:52 AM

Jul 2010
Women get sucked into a painting inhabited by a serial killer who hates women because he thinks they're all liars. He got betrayed by his lover but how did he end up in that painting in the first place? And apparently this took place in America, hence the location of the painting. Pretty far fetched but alright. Seems like he got out in the end as well! O_O

Good to see Ai again! Seeing only the girls for most of this episode was a nice twist. There wasn't really any story development, but it didn't really seem like a filler to me either. Just a slow episode. =)

Mar 8, 2011 10:09 AM

Nov 2010
holy crap, we have 5 ep 9 discussions

anyway, i agree that the one normal girl in the love arena can go away, she's boring AND useless, the two things i hate most in female characters
Mar 8, 2011 12:43 PM

Nov 2008
Well, the episode was quite good I think, the next one will have the introduction of a new dragon and Marga is back.
Mar 8, 2011 1:04 PM

Aug 2008
lol I'm not liking Misaki very much. Why does the Japanese think punctuating every sentence with 'Hauuu' makes girls cute? I don't. I think it's retarded when overused.
Mar 8, 2011 2:54 PM

Nov 2008
too.much.cheese. xDD

I thought Misaka = Rena(higurashi) and I had to look up the seiyuu, seems like she's a different person xDD

Seems like this new character is married to Onyx? I'm not sure but it seems he gave up on Rose xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 8, 2011 5:59 PM

Oct 2010
For a second back there I almost thought Rose's love Ryuuji was not true when that Jason guy suddenly yelled at her and broke the mirror.

Oh, and Misaki can go to hell for all I care.
Mar 8, 2011 8:53 PM

Jun 2008
I was expecting zombies when they entered the painting. It just looked like such a perfect American zombie setting...take that however you like.
Mar 8, 2011 9:08 PM

Feb 2011
darkerealm said:
lol I'm not liking Misaki very much. Why does the Japanese think punctuating every sentence with 'Hauuu' makes girls cute? I don't. I think it's retarded when overused.

WE NEED SOME UGUUs!!! :D

Decent episode, progressed kind of slowly though, I'm actually interested in what happens to the serial killer after.

NEXT EPISODE! -insert mario 1up sound-
Mar 9, 2011 7:26 AM

Aug 2010
Well, that was something...the episode itself was pretty interesting. We even got Ai back xD But at the end I put as many questions as I would into a whole anime...like: How did he brake the whole door with his axe? How did Ryuuji take his wind knife back when it was shown he clearly threw it at the horror guy? Meh, anyway, enjoyed the episode :D
Mar 9, 2011 8:44 AM

Nov 2008
-Vid said:
MIsaki is just dumb as hell, honestly. She's not even funny at all, just plain annoying. She should totally go 11 eyes Yuka style and serve Rose some nice tea. lol.

I want Misaki to snap a bit and say something like I want Ryuuji more than you do or Ryuuji doesn't want you, then Rose can giver Misaki a piece of her mind and maybe set her ablaze or at least try.

Mar 9, 2011 9:30 AM

Sep 2010
Wasabi said:

Totally agreed!
Mar 9, 2011 2:28 PM

Jun 2009
Hoppy said:
-Vid said:
MIsaki is just dumb as hell, honestly. She's not even funny at all, just plain annoying. She should totally go 11 eyes Yuka style and serve Rose some nice tea. lol.

I want Misaki to snap a bit and say something like I want Ryuuji more than you do or Ryuuji doesn't want you, then Rose can giver Misaki a piece of her mind and maybe set her ablaze or at least try.

And then Ai can beat the shit out of little red dragon so that she can stop being annoying, Maruga and the blue dragon can help her. Yep, i'm in. : D
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 9, 2011 3:30 PM

Jan 2010
For all those wondering what the shout out was to...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King%27s_Desperation
Mar 10, 2011 8:49 AM

Nov 2009
I laughed so much when Misaki fell face down onto the floor during school. Her fall was so ridiculous it was absolutely hilarious!

Other than that, just another episode. Nothing really caught my attention, but it's good seeing more of Ai.
Mar 10, 2011 6:41 PM

Nov 2010
Well that was sort of random, but it was okay episode since we got to see all the girls being bunched up around Ryuuji. Being a lier is not very nice...
Mar 11, 2011 9:07 AM

Nov 2007
how can people dislike Misaki but like Rose? Rose is the most annoying little .... I don't know how I'm still watching this. all she does is say Ryuuji over and over. there's still no basis for any love and there's no point making this a harem as none of the others have a chance. the Wolf girl is I guess the only one I like at all.
Mar 11, 2011 8:15 PM

Jun 2008
mystik said:
how can people dislike Misaki but like Rose? Rose is the most annoying little .... I don't know how I'm still watching this. all she does is say Ryuuji over and over. there's still no basis for any love and there's no point making this a harem as none of the others have a chance. the Wolf girl is I guess the only one I like at all.

agreed, Ai is the only decent character on this show. the rest are pretty basic and cliche, especially Rose. lol I could totally imagine a Rose action figure with a chord in her back. and when u pull it, you'd hear "Ryuuji!"
Mar 12, 2011 11:29 AM

Aug 2010
I hope the crazy truth seeking axe weilding slasher comes back for a second round since he's camping out in the bathroom.
Do you know the muffin man who disappeared recently?, Yea me neither.
Mar 12, 2011 11:21 PM

Jun 2009
cr1msonambience said:
For all those wondering what the shout out was to...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King%27s_Desperation

Thanks a lot for the link..

Mar 20, 2011 1:12 AM

Jan 2009
This was a really weird episode, and though it didn't seem like much plot, it was a really fun episode to watch.
Mar 23, 2011 6:56 AM

Jan 2010
mystik said:

I think it's because Rose, while badly in need of some vocabulary boosting, is willing to take action. It's often the wrong action but that's cool. And while the only word she knows is 'ryuuji', at least she can say it without stammering.

Misaki can't walk into a room or say a single syllable without screwing it up. It's not that she's introverted or shy that's the problem. It's that the creators have decided to make saying 'Hi' an insurmountable challenge for her. That just makes for an unappealing character.

And I think the only way she's going to get anywhere with Ryuuji is if Mao disguises herself as Misaki and does the deed for her.
Mar 25, 2011 2:45 PM

Oct 2009
And the end the killer escaped from the painting?
Oosran said:

Tl;dr Ai <3
But... did she grow a size or two? >_>

Looks like it...
Apr 3, 2011 1:29 AM

Apr 2010
Misaki's whining is really starting to piss me off :/

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 28, 2011

178 by slepice24 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sirwence - Feb 21, 2011

65 by OweynLupton »»
May 26, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 10, 2011

159 by White_Alice »»
May 22, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 7, 2011

85 by Skirroz98_NL »»
May 26, 2022 2:37 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hoppy - Jan 24, 2011

138 by Skirroz98_NL »»
May 25, 2022 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.