Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 5, 2011 8:30 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Well, the first half is pretty much what I expected from the previous episode's preview, but I was surprised nothing much happened after that even though they looked at each other's names.

Though, I'm curious which one Nizuma thought would be the third place among the three. There's a good chance it could be the Gi-Tantei Trap from Mashiro and Takagi as they have just decided to redraw their stuff at the end of the episode.

Mar 6, 2011 3:22 AM
Nov 2009
I just have to ask; what is the point of this episode.

Seriously, what did they accomplish? NOTHING HAPPENED!!!

They raid the editing department... and leave having done nothing!!

They try to give peer reviews... and leave not even listening to what the others have to say!!!

Honestly, someone help me out here because I feel like I wasted 20 minutes of my life on this episode and I need something to have made it worth it.

Also, why would they want to edit the story if they think theirs is perfect. That is what they said-that their story is perfect. It is so good that they weren't even going to listen to what everyone else had to say about it because theirs was clearly the best story. No possible complaints could be made in their mind.

then why change it!!!

Thank you Bakuman. Just when I thought that Xros Wars was the worst part of my week, you came again to show me the true meaning of pain.
Mar 6, 2011 3:25 AM

Mar 2010
Lol at the face :D:D
Mar 6, 2011 3:45 AM

Jul 2008
LOL so he has a meganekko fetish. lol
Mar 6, 2011 4:02 AM

Mar 2010
Sorry if i double post, i'll change it later, MAL's kind of lagging :D .

Hey it wasn't that bad you know.. Seeing them all together and discussing mangaa with eijiiiii :3

and the way how Mashiro looked at Miho's picture was so cute. I think it was still good.
Mar 6, 2011 4:41 AM
Sep 2009
Come on~~ Welcome~~ I need more Nizuma!!!!

Aoki showed her new emotion when Fukuda tell her what Shounen manga really is...
Mar 6, 2011 4:48 AM

Sep 2009
I also think Ashirogi's manga got 3rd place in Eiji's ranking.
But they are going to redraw it! This eps isn't all that great =,= not progressing much.
However i'm glad to see Eiji and Azuki having some screentime.
Mar 6, 2011 6:16 AM

Aug 2010
Slow pacing in Bakuman, shock horror.

Anyway, good to see some awesomeness by team Fukuda.
Mar 6, 2011 8:17 AM

Jan 2010
For some reason I didn't enjoyed this episode too much. Nothing really happened.

TBH I don't care if Koggy wins as long as Aoki loses, I hate her so much :(

Mar 6, 2011 8:49 AM

Aug 2010
I think Fudaka got thrid
Mar 6, 2011 8:50 AM

Jan 2010
I hate aoki she's really way too much arrogant.
Mar 6, 2011 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
i think the characters are getting a lot more interesting, just having them all in one room together is fun.
but i don't see how they'll have enough time to redo the name.
Mar 6, 2011 9:46 AM

Aug 2009
Woah! Rivals were all in one room, wished they could've elaborated more on the story though, the drawings for Detective trap were pretty cool, I also liked team Aoki's manga. Fukuda's were really crazy xD.

Nyaa :3
Sig iz in deh makingz

Still learningz

:3
Mar 6, 2011 10:30 AM

Aug 2010
lul.. when the episode ending song came on, i had to double check the time on the video..really was that it? What did we learn in this ep? NOTHING!! waste of 24 minutes of my life.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Mar 6, 2011 10:53 AM

Jun 2008
Nakai is pissing me off.
Mar 6, 2011 12:03 PM
Nov 2009
There is slow paced and then there is filler. Hourou Musuko is slow paced, but if you take a step back you'll notice that each episode does move the characters forward, even if slightly.

Most slower paced series are slow because they explore the elements of the character. Whether it is a relationship, or just an aspect of the character, they are given the time to be able to explore it in detail.

Bakuman didn't do any of that this episode. Nothing learned this episode is any different from any previous episode. The story is in the exact same place as it was before.

Bakuman 22 isn't slow. Bakuman 22 didn't even move.
Mar 6, 2011 12:14 PM

Dec 2009
Aoki isn't as much arrogant as she's a one track minded bitch. She clearly thinks that her view on what manga should be about is the only right view and everything else isn't interesting. lol @ Fukuda thinking that both mangas were better than his but still being the first to claim he thought he had the best entry. I wouldn't be surprised if they all ended up redrawing their entries (Aoki too because her quietness implied more than indifference which I expected her to show).
Ara ara.
Mar 6, 2011 1:55 PM

May 2009
Amazing ep.
Everyone lied about thinking their manga was the best of the pile, thats funny
Mar 6, 2011 2:16 PM

Jun 2010
sort of a meh episode
Mar 6, 2011 2:28 PM

May 2009
Haha, looks like everyone will be rewriting their manga next episode. So they weren't as confident as they said.
Mar 6, 2011 2:41 PM

Jul 2010
Grmo said:
Nakai is pissing me off.
He's not pissing me off so much as he's raking in buckets of pity. He's hit an all-time low the way he's Aoki's manservant. If I were Aoki I'd find it creepy.

Unlike everyone else, I liked this episode. Fukuda's facial expressions were awesome. I was wondering how he and Aoki would get along. They're both blunt, but Fukuda's insulting as well as blunt. He probably just became my favorite character for telling her off like that.

So one minute Mashiro says he thinks his manga is the best, and then the next minute he decides to rewrite it. Okay. I guess I'll just take that as he wants to make sure he's not the guy who's third.

Oh, and Aoki's manga sounds incredibly boring to read. :P
Mar 6, 2011 3:29 PM
Dec 2007
Bakuman. is just about the best series out there for six or seven weeks back to back now. This episode was fantastic as usual, great developments both on the story and characters. It seems the new order has not yet catch up to Yueisha for now.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 2007
Bakuman. is just about the best series out there for six or seven weeks back to back now. This episode was fantastic as usual, great developments both on the story and characters. It seems the new order has not yet catch up to Yueisha for now.

Dec 2007

Mar 6, 2011 3:49 PM

Sep 2009
Nakai cracked me up when he saw Aoki put on her glasses.

I want to see the results of everyone's work soo bad.
Mar 6, 2011 4:10 PM

Feb 2011
thefig24 said:
Also, why would they want to edit the story if they think theirs is perfect. That is what they said-that their story is perfect. It is so good that they weren't even going to listen to what everyone else had to say about it because theirs was clearly the best story. No possible complaints could be made in their mind.

then why change it!!!

Another "Here": Nizume's opinion was key in this episode. Even if Ashirogi Muto's "Shady Detective Trap" was one of the two picks for 1st, Mashiro wanted there manga to be the best. Therefore, changing it would be necessary. Let's not forget, because everyone was comparing each others, they'd also have to win their approval. In other words, make everyone's Name pale in comparison.

I noticed that they were comparing each others more than critiquing. They all lost site of why they were real there, which was to make each others better. I guess none of them have heard the line "Nothing's perfect", but in this case, they all had different genres. So, it was more of an argument between who's genre was better.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 6, 2011 4:10 PM
Oct 2010
Linalee-Stratos said:
thefig24 said:
Honestly, someone help me out here because I feel like I wasted 20 minutes of my life on this episode and I need something to have made it worth it.
Here: 'you think this fluffy let's-eat-a-giant-chocolate-cake-in-a-house-made-of-candy-surrounded-by-a-field-of-flowers stroy is the best?" -by Fukuda.
*sigh*...ya, still not enough.... *sigh*

This show's progress is in 100% sync with KazehayaXSawako's progress.

Thank you! Same pace as KnT :/

Aoki is just jealous tbh.

Nizuma Eiji-san made my day when he is on the phone to Fukuda-san lmao!
hIS EXCITEMENT makes the show even more enjoyable! :D
Mar 6, 2011 4:33 PM

Dec 2008
I HATE Aoki!! I'm so glad Fukuda got in her face!!
Eiji was total WIN in this episode!
Need more Hattori!!
Mar 6, 2011 4:34 PM

Dec 2008
Need more Hattori!!

Dec 2008
Need more Hattori!!

Dec 2008
Need more Hattori!!
Mar 6, 2011 5:54 PM

Feb 2011
I agree that the show didn't make progress but Fukuda's face (look to first post for picture) was freaking awesome!
Mar 6, 2011 6:46 PM
Nov 2009
Iisan-kun said:
Nothing was a accomplished in terms of manga, yes. Does this mean that as a story, Bakuman gained nothing? Heck no. This episode did lot in terms of expanding on the characters and their styles, and also laying the groundwork for the battle to come. I thought the part which went into their manga individually was pretty interesting myself.

Hey guys, at least it isn't as bad as that romance crap they tried to shove down out throats at the beginning.

but nothing was gained in terms of story. What did you learn about the characters that you didn't already know?

The characters weren't expanded on, they acted the exact same 1dimensional way they did the previous episode and the episode before that. Fukuda always acts uninhibited and passionate. Aoki acted like a self-righteous bitch last episode too. Nakai was just a love sick puppy. Nothing was expanded.

It did showcase the different styles they write. They could have done that same thing 100 different ways but actually made it matter. You can actually use it to develop the characters.

The episode wouldn't take a lot to make it better. Have payoff to the build up. You leave a cliffhanger to them going to talk to the editorial department? Don't have them leave after 5 minutes having accomplished nothing!! You want them to begin to work together as a team to improve their works? Then actually show them improving!

I'm sorry, no matter how good you are there is always room to improve. I've seen the best writers in the biz make glaring mistakes. Having two people with vastly different styles look at your work is an undeniable asset.

Consider this, the series was already talking about how this will be popularity based. How you need to reach the highest audience. Look at Fukuda and Aoki!! They are your audience!! If they are trying to work to write for Jump, you can bet they were fans of the company for a long time. They represent a portion of the audience, and you can use them to judge how that audience will react to your work!

Nothing in this episode makes any sense from a logical standpoint. And worst of all, it all stems from the fact that they view each other as RIVALS, which has to be the dumbest concept I've seen this week, in a week that included Children's Card Games on Flying Motorcycles in the Stratosphere.

THEY AREN'T RIVALS!! THERE IS NO REASON FOR THEM TO BE RIVALS!!

Writing isn't a sport. In order to do well, you don't have to 'beat' someone else. If I write a great story that all the critics love and sells well, then that is good for me. If you write a great story that all the critics love and sells well, then that is good for you too. There is nothing preventing two people writing great stories.

Once you get past that concept you can stop trying to fight these 'rivals' and use them as the asset they are! Use them to learn new techniques. Converse with them, talk to them, and build off each other.

The only reason they have them Rivals is because this is a Jump series, so they are playing off manga writing like a damn tournament series.

Sorry Bakuman, but you fail. You fail so badly.

Only one thing puts my mind at ease. Only 3 episodes left... 3 more episodes and it is over, all the pain can be washed away like a horrible dream...

*sees second season in the making*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 6, 2011 6:56 PM

Sep 2008
Why did Mashiro say "Nakai's" manga?
It's obviously Aokis; Nakai is just a loser.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2011 7:53 PM

Jul 2010
Aoki is a bitch lol
Mar 6, 2011 8:31 PM

Jul 2010
Well it could be Shady Detective Trap which got third on Nizuma's ranking because he showed no expression, but maybe he was too into it.

I personally thought it was Fukuda's story because even though Nizuma was laughing like crazy, he said he felt sorry for the third place person, and before Nizuma gave his opinion Fukuda said he had to rewrite it 6 times...and if he got third, then it is sad D;
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Mar 6, 2011 9:31 PM

Jul 2009
Heh, this is fun.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 7, 2011 5:18 AM
Mar 7, 2011 7:03 AM

May 2010
Reaction faces FTW

Nakai's face is really hilarious there. :D

Although, there's nothing much happened in this ep aside from the ending that they'll

going to rework their name, still enjoyed it.
Mar 7, 2011 9:58 AM

Nov 2010
thefig24 said:

LOL..I'm sorry but do you ever think while watching? I admit that Bakuman is really fast (they talk fast and the subtitles are way to long to catch up sometimes)..I wonder if you at least pause and think.

thefig24 said:

Even though the raiding plan didn't worked out, the act itself somehow left a good impression to the chief. Especially of what Mashiro said.

thefig24 said:

then why change it!!!

It's very simple. It's not perfect YET. Most artists are perfectionists. They must have found some flaws in their stories. They already lost in the battle of fame because of Koogy so they have to make their stories MORE interesting to win 100%.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the 5 of them to beat Koogy even without fame in the next episode! ;D
Mar 7, 2011 10:14 AM

Aug 2008
Still can't see how Miho's singing was bad. I mean she barely sang. All we heard were 2 or 3 lines at best. :P

Oh I'm so curious about Nizuma's rankings! I want to know! :3
Mar 7, 2011 11:36 AM
Jan 2011
thefig24 said:

They try to give peer reviews... and leave not even listening to what the others have to say!!!

then why change it!!!

Thank you Bakuman. Just when I thought that Xros Wars was the worst part of my week, you came again to show me the true meaning of pain.

I wonder as to what was the his anime thinking?
Mar 7, 2011 10:13 PM

Feb 2010
I enjoyed this episode... maybe a lot things weren't "accomplished" but you got to some great characterization...
Mar 7, 2011 11:00 PM
Nov 2009
HollowDoll said:

LOL..I'm sorry but do you ever think while watching? I admit that Bakuman is really fast (they talk fast and the subtitles are way to long to catch up sometimes)..I wonder if you at least pause and think.

Wow, ouch, nice to see we can all be mature here. I'm just throwing out my opinion on the series, you can agree or disagree all you want. No need to make things personal.

I do try to listen to what you guys say. I can see your points about little things gained, like the impression of the chief, and the mild expansion of the characters.

I'm still wondering if that makes this episode worth it. How much needs to be done in order to make an episode worth it? How little do the affects of the episode have to be before it becomes filler nonsense?

Ultimately this is comes down to personal taste. Each person can accept their own amounts of fluff. In my opinion this episode didn't have enough. The build up to the editorial department confrontation all for the improved impression of a character who has no standing on the current arc? The mild expansion of some side characters who we may or may not ever see again?

HollowDoll said:
It's very simple. It's not perfect YET. Most artists are perfectionists. They must have found some flaws in their stories. They already lost in the battle of fame because of Koogy so they have to make their stories MORE interesting to win 100%.

but if they wanted to improve their work, they would have asked for their peer's opinions, right? It isn't even about asking which work is best. It is the simple concept of saying "Hey, can you give me a fresh pair of eyes". It is like you said, it isn't the action of a perfect person, it is the action of an artist. They should have welcomed the feedback.

The only reason I can see for them to not ask for the feedback from the review session is that they were arrogantly sure of their work being so good it was beyond listening to the others opinions.

If there was any doubt that their work wasn't going to win, that they weren't ready, that they had still more to learn, then the fact that the other two 'rivals' found flaws in their story should have instantly had their interest peak. At that moment they should have asked why.
Mar 8, 2011 8:32 AM

Jul 2009
Fukuda owned in this episode
Mar 8, 2011 12:22 PM

Aug 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
Why did Mashiro say "Nakai's" manga?
It's obviously Aokis; Nakai is just a loser.

Seconded.

-

Aoki-chan was lovely as usual. Eiji's comments were entertaining as usual.
Nakai is irksome as fuck.
MoejojyojoMar 8, 2011 12:26 PM
Mar 8, 2011 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
Eiiji & Fukuda made this episode for me. :D
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 9, 2011 12:29 AM

Apr 2008
kinda forgot who got third o-o

Mar 9, 2011 2:48 AM

Jun 2008
Lol someone has butterflies in his stomach.

Even more butterflies as his fetishes come to reality.

I knew Mashiro will just want to remake everything. His obsessive like that. That could ether destroy someone because he tries to achieve too much or make him very successful. Tagaki really has to be patient with him.
Mashiro is so obsessive that he wants to be 100% certain that their work is clearly above the other works by a major difference.

I wonder if the work of that joke of a musician will be actually good or just mediocre staff getting pulled by his popularity.
Mar 9, 2011 5:18 PM

Nov 2010
Takuro Nakai + Funny expressions = Epic win
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.