Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 24, 2011 7:00 AM
Feb 2009
PR3DAT0R said:
OShoranO said:
Looks like Ryuuji is turning into Touma v2.

Now you've noticed.
God, I've been thinking that since episode 1. :P
unfortunaly, ryuuji is more pathetic than touma (unless touma dont need others help to kick ass) the only char (that i can think of) that can match up with ryuuji patheticness is yamada from "Needless" (i refuse to call him cruz)

darkerealm said:
I want to know whether that guy was telling the truth at the end when he said Ai was just a pet. Ai doesn't seem too devastated over his reply.
i not even sure whether the words "you were mere pet" was spoken out or she heard it thru the lost precious
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 26, 2011 12:31 AM

Sep 2010
Heehee, anyone notice that as Ai was about to bite Ryuji, at about 9:15, she stuck her tongue out as if to lick him?
Reality's a bore.
Feb 26, 2011 8:20 AM

Oct 2009
Damm I wanted Ai to stay with Ryuuji >.>
Feb 26, 2011 11:42 PM

Oct 2009
sirwence said:
Oosran said:
"Doors 7"
That was actually kinda funneh.

But really, they should stop this, I don't like how they introduce a new great character, and then they're like "herp derp now we're finished with that one, bai bai".
Maruga and Ai are like, a thousand times better than Eriko and Rose, and what do they do? They scrap those two after their respective arcs are finished.

Thats the problem with this type of series and making it into a 12 episoder.. Rather than a 24ish .. Remember when 20+ was the norm and 12-14 wasnt? sigh

12 episodes series are the best when it comes to $$$.

I really though Ryuji was going to build a big harem family but guess not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2011 3:02 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was very rushed, couldn't enjoy it as much as previous ones. I liked Ai though. 3/5
Feb 28, 2011 5:15 AM

Oct 2010
I am so late that I wish I would post this quicker. This episode was so great even though it was cliché about the child kidnapping. It still got me pissed off of how Aika whom is the real name of Ai got abused by Furumori. He used her yet at the end he lied about not caring for her. I don't get it but that he used her and made her into some mutant is not acceptable in my standards. So I am damn glad that Furumori turned himself to mist,

even though I do have some sympathy for his lost, what he did was not the right way at all. Should have done something else to redeem himself of losing that person despite the person refusing to lend him the Lost Precious to help out the person he wanted to uncurse.

About Ai, well certain Ai's face in close up makes it worthwhile as her colored eyes are quite adorable. So Furumori did have both earrings like I though. Ai looked splendid in them. Quite interesting to see how the earrings reacted with Ai. Apparently it emits a wave signal, which says that the person is lying. This so reminded me when Sylar in Heroes got that ability around the second season. It looks that Furumori is lying about knowing what the earrings do based on Ai hearing all the truth and being surprised at how much of liar the piece of shit Furumori is. Ai around here having a nice face with some shade, still does not understand how much Ryuuji gives importance to others instead of himself. The GAR male willing to protect all before him. See what Furumori did to Ai? This shit made her cry because of his lying while Ai trusted him all these 15 years even if he kidnapped her. How much of a shit can you be for making Ai cry. How lovely Ai was when she blushed because she heard Ryuuji's thoughts that she is cute. Just lovely TBH.

I find that this is the best pose of Ai while on the side to see her breasts. Kind of ecchi but it shows how well she endowed there. This is where Ai's expression towards Ryuuji's thoughts of being scared but having enough guts to affirm that he needs to protect her. This is where Ai really got astonished at his sincerity and bravery IMO. What really made this end in a happy way is that Ai does have a family that of Makihara and that her real name is proven to be Aika Makihara. So it's too bad she had to return and not stay with Ryuuji but IMO she can still come back randomly. I will be expecting her with excitement and love her last smile in the spoiler

About Ryuuji, he was brave, GAR and very kind this episode. I really think he reaffirmed himself more than before in regards to protecting Ai. First of all as Ai learned that she was human and completely collapsed from disbelief as well as complete betrayal, Ryuuji was there with her. While defending her from what a fate she got from Furumori. I loved how Ryuuji's expression was as he said to Furumori that “He can hurt himself but has no right to ruin others in that manner” and I completely was primed as in “You tell that piece of shit Furumori Ryuuji! You tell him them it! ;_; “little would many understand those who are experimental subjects of how much good it's to them of hearing those words. Let's just say I knew people like that. Ryuuji's expression and affirmation as he said that he will protect those he loves, to save those who need help and most of all not running away from what little there is in front of him because of the bigger regrets of the past, was a little cliché but I liked it. In fact Ryuuji finally made up his mind as what kind of breaker he wants to be.

Probably what was most suffering for him is being almost swallowed in the darkness by one of Furumori's Lost Precious as he was almost due based on the looks of his eyes. Well good thing Rose helped him. What's interesting here with Ryuuji is that Furumori mentions that Lost Precious may be objects that have souls in them. As such this opens the possibilities much more wider as was the case of Maruga except that the soul was much more powerful being that of a dragon.

Rest in spoiler
About preview, since it's going to be in a few hours from this post being posted I really wonder WTF is the machine in the spoiler
it looks fascinating. Looks like a new girl being introduced with glasses, I'll call her for now Miss Bazooka since she is always shown with a bazooka in the OP. Hopefully Furumori is gone for good from this series and hope to see Ai again, not that I cannot since I see her in my profile all the time.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 28, 2011 12:56 PM

Aug 2010
novalis said:
Bah, this gets more and more lame with each episode.
Ditto!

BGM is awesome by the way.
Feb 28, 2011 2:45 PM

Jan 2009
This was a pretty warm episode, and it wrapped up nicely.
May 2, 2011 6:05 PM

Jul 2010
Spirit_Sempai said:
Lol, so the bad guy was a combination of Dr. Octopus, Gaara and Blackbeard =O

Damn, would be 100times better if Ai would stay with Ryuuji -.-

this. i thought she was too, but now it seems they throw away each person after there done with them, but due to ragefans will probably be seen for like 2 seconds in the last episode or somthing.

Jun 11, 2011 10:43 AM

Mar 2011
I hope they bring back the new allies that Ryuji and co are making!

Liked this, although the bit right at the end when Fujumori or whateverhisnamewas was disappearing. Bah.

Still, ima keep watching!
May 3, 2012 1:22 AM

Feb 2012
Damn, would be 100times better if Ai would stay with Ryuuji T_T
Oct 14, 2012 9:32 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty good episode! Looks like things are going good for Ai (or rather Aiko) and she finally got the truth from her Master about how he felt about her. It left me thinking though, are these Lost Precious objects so great if they are trapping people's souls along with their sorrows therefore disallowing them to enter heaven or hell? I wonder if they'll end up destroying them in the future. Also, I love Rose's new power of cleansing people of any Lost Precious infused in their bodies, might be useful in later episodes.

On another note, I may want to try this awesome computer OS they're using lol. Anybody else notice?
Jun 24, 2013 4:21 PM

May 2012
Well that ending very awesome! So in the end she did had a family to go to and well Aika's father must be overjoyed and might at last get out of his depression that was for the last 15 years! Well that's at least what I loved about the end! Really great episode though lets see what's next!
Jun 25, 2017 7:36 PM

May 2015
Furumori (Ai's Master) was a scumbag but I'm glad that at least he in his own rotten way cared for Ai judging by her last question to him and those earrings making a sound implying he lied about him seen her only as a pet. Glad she has a family for her to come back…
Apr 18, 2021 4:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Ai wasn't a kemono but a human girl who has been kidnapped 15 years ago by that dude... don't know if we need to consider him evil with that ending but well, good riddance, at least she has a family but too bad she doesn't stay with them at home xD
May 26, 2023 12:26 PM

Sep 2018
The more I watch, the more I can't help but get weirded out by this anime. Rose really shouldn't be the main love interest of this pseudo-harem - no matter how old they want her to be, she just feels like a 5-year-old child with how she acts. No matter what, pairing the male MC with a girl who's barely graduated from being a toddler just feels icky. I really, really hope she gains some maturity, because it's just too uncomfortable otherwise.

On a more episode-specific note, I wish they'd take the time to develop things more - the world has some promise and could help compensate for Ryuuji's blandness, but they seem insistent on skipping over the most interesting parts. Saiki, for instance, had potential to be a decent villain. He had a good motivation to hate the Society, and True Love ringing at the end hinted at a more complex relationship with Ai than "he's just a bad guy who's using her", but before he can really be explored he just disintegrates himself. Ryuuji didn't even find out his backstory! There could have been room for a bit of a clash of ideologies if he'd learned (assuming our MC actually believes in anything except "helping people good"), and maybe he could have made Ryuuji conflicted as to whether joining the Society is the right thing to do, but nope. All that potential, scattered to the wind just like Saiki.

There were quite a few stupid moments in this episode that probably would have squandered that potential anyway. Why did he suddenly start going on about fusing with Ai (definitely a kick the dog moment)? Why didn't he just fuse with the Tooth himself? Why didn't he fuse with Ai before all this, when she was utterly unquestioningly devoted to him? Why did he want True Love when he couldn't even use it? Why did he leave True Love out in front of Ai for no reason, when that was obviously the dumbest thing he could have possibly done?

Oh, and whatever the next arc is, I hope they break from the formula they've been using. At the very least, stop discarding characters after they've had two episodes of screentime, and preferably stop solving every encounter with Engagement.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 28, 2011

178 by slepice24 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 10, 2011

159 by White_Alice »»
May 22, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 7, 2011

85 by Skirroz98_NL »»
May 26, 2022 2:37 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hoppy - Jan 24, 2011

138 by Skirroz98_NL »»
May 25, 2022 2:55 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Mar 21, 2011

82 by Ashhk »»
Apr 18, 2021 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.