Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 3, 2011 1:15 PM

Oct 2007
Alot of people are questioning whether Kento actually knows if Kazehaya fancies sawako. He does know, well, initially he did when he first encounters them in the classroom together. After that his lil friend mentioned that Kazehaya was a popular guy who can't help those who don't fit into class, putting that statement in the head of a normal persons third-person view. The thought of a popular guy fancing a unpopular girl is impossible right? which is why he assumes kazehaya doesn't really have deep feelings for sawako
Feb 3, 2011 1:33 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
^This is very interesting of how you formulated and I would like to have a direct reference as to where in the manga is that part. I would not mind to read and compare with this episode. That being said, I hope Chizuru fixes all this somehow and should Ayane know, I hope she will team up with Chizuru to fix it somehow. I think another setup for Kazehaya and Sawako to be alone is needed. Having Chizuru being responsible it would further up things if Ryuu joins in on that. It would be very much in this series EPIC is all I would say.

If you read the sequence in the manga from where Kento and Kazehaya finishes their conversation, the Kazehaya/Yoshida conversation occurs almost immediately after just as it is portrayed in the anime. Obviously there is a reason why the mangaka had Kazehaya meet Yoshida right after Kento gets through telling him that he doesn't understand Sawako and he's very different from Sawako. I concluded that the mangaka wanted to have someone whose opinon Kazehaya can safely trust push him over into the doubting territory. Yoshida was a good choice to use because she's clueless and would therefore augment the misunderstanding (since that's probably what the mangaka was aiming for) and she's also one of Sawako's best friend so Kazehaya can reasonably trust her opinion. I also believe that Yoshida was needed because in the manga after Kazehaya had the conversation with Kento, moments before meeting Yoshida, he says, "So what if we're different?" I interpreted this to mean that Kazehaya still was not convinced that Sawako and him being different was an issue. Yoshida confirming this, with the added portrayal of an arrow piercing Kazehaya's heart, served to shake Kazehaya's confidence in his understanding of Sawako.

About what you said regarding Ryu, you never know...it just might happen soon. :)

Regarding Sawako falling for another guy, I don't think it would happen because she has incredibly strong feelings for Shota. Feelings like those simply do not disappear that easily. Her feelings that were very firmly rooted in admiration and respect blossomed into something that even she herself finds overwhelming. That's why she's having such a difficult time when she's around Kazehaya.
Taylor_elleFeb 3, 2011 1:41 PM
Feb 3, 2011 4:08 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode as always. Miura has done more for Sawako in four episodes than Kazehaya in the whole first season.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 3, 2011 6:53 PM

May 2010
LOL'd hard at chizuru! she is really very funny...

and i love the ohayou training by the esper sensei Kento.. XD but hm, he's interested in sawako, does he think her love for kazehaya is unrequited? seems so.
again, we have poor kazehaya who doesn't know what to do anymore, having people tell him stuff, and sawako's afraid of him.. awww...

This show is really the best for this season.. :)) it's just so goood...
Feb 3, 2011 7:10 PM

Nov 2009
So Kurumi has some sort of connection with Kento? o_O
Feb 3, 2011 7:30 PM

Mar 2010
Don't let that manipulative cockroach named Miura get into your head Kazehaya.Instead you need to beat the crap out of him and make him drop his ''friendly'' act. That's the only way he can learn to not mess with another man's girl.
Feb 4, 2011 6:44 AM

Feb 2010
really great episodes,,i feel sorry for kazehaya,,
poor kazehaya...wow seriously love is complicated things

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Feb 4, 2011 8:36 AM

May 2010
So I got to see a different Kazehaya. O.o

This Kent guy really reminded me of Kuranosuke from Kuragehime.

Yano and Chizu's conversation was funny. :D
Feb 4, 2011 10:38 AM

Oct 2009
I don't know if I have just not been paying attention in this season, but it felt like this episode had greatly improved background and scenery. Yes, especially the scenery, it was outstanding. Have I just not noticed before? I was delighted by just observing the surroundings through the episode.
Feb 4, 2011 1:05 PM

Nov 2009
I think we can come to a consensus that Chizu and Yano made this episode great even if you were to remove all the other scenes.

So far i am still going for the idea that Kent is trying to help Kazehaya, and will maintain my good impression of him... although his talk is giving me a lout of doubt.

First season i was annoyed by the standstill, but kent has really made this enjoyable, at least moreso in the comedy department.
Feb 4, 2011 5:30 PM

Dec 2010
a LOT of progress into the story this episode. Things have gotten pretty badd. ;((
The confusion in teh story is driving me crazzy! LoL, Chi, shes sooo dense -_-''
Looking forward to the nxt episode.
Feb 4, 2011 8:53 PM
Jan 2009
WHY MUST SAWAKO AND KAZEHAYA BE SO DIFFICULT!???

and dang i knew kent was gonna be evil
Feb 5, 2011 12:22 AM

Jan 2009
I'm really liking the development that's happening, and I'm hoping all this momentum will at least end second season with something. Kento still annoys me though, and he's just muddling it all up.
Feb 5, 2011 5:45 AM

Oct 2009
Amazing. Chizu and Yano are so <3.

Kazehaya is such an idiot T_T, omg. So is Sawako. But this is why I'm in love with Kimi ni Todoke.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2011 5:22 PM

Apr 2010
Chizu <3

Feb 7, 2011 7:22 AM
Jul 2008
Kento is just as munipulative as Kurimi... interesting twist of events, now Kazehaya is being manipulated.
Feb 7, 2011 4:10 PM
Aug 2010
I loved Yano in this episode. She seems like the only char right now with half a brain. And I loled at Chizu P:.

Question though, why are there freaking full fledged reviews for this season already? Seriously can people not wait til its over to actually give a non-biased review?? /rage.
Feb 7, 2011 6:06 PM

Feb 2009
xAmaterasu said:
Question though, why are there freaking full fledged reviews for this season already? Seriously can people not wait til its over to actually give a non-biased review?? /rage.

Yes, I'm with you there. You can't just give a sequel the same rating as the first season just because you hope it's going to be great. There are so many examples where the second season was a disappointment.. though it doesn't look like it's going to be the case with Kimi ni Todoke. Still, doing a review after 1 or 2 episodes is pretty pointless. I always find it helpful when people share their first impressions, but I'd say the forums are the place for that.
Feb 8, 2011 1:36 PM

Sep 2010
I actually kind of like Kento D: Not because he makes things tougher, of course (well, maybe this will make Kazehaya take an action at last...) but I like his random appearance, Kento seems more colorful character than Kazehaya to me :D but for a girl like Sawako Kazehaya is better no doubts:)
Feb 14, 2011 2:20 AM

Jun 2009
Taylor_elle said:
Dear clueless Chizu was by far the funniest thing in this episode. She made me laugh so much that tears came to my eyes. lol
Same here.

And how Yano kicked Kaze's back was like "good job man"
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Feb 21, 2011 7:46 PM

Mar 2010
I don't know if I should hate this anime, or love it. The progression is literally killing me! But I love the emotions and high tensity that comes with every episode! (^.^) I really don't know! Looking forward to the next!
Feb 27, 2011 12:16 AM

Jul 2008
Chizu and Yano are the best friends ever. Best wingwomen? The secondary characters in this show are amazing.

BUT KENT O M G GTFO.
Mar 5, 2011 10:06 AM

Feb 2011
looks like kazehaya got problem
and now he avoid sawako
what the hell is he thinking
Mar 18, 2011 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
that...was an awesome episode

Yani has really stepped up into one of the best characters of the show. Her ability to be perceptive of everything is really beyond her age (er...supposed age in the show)

The last line by kaze...pretty much summed it up for him

"What can i possibly do...?"

hes really stuck in a bad situation - he COULD ask her out and she'd say yes, but like yani pointed out, nothing would actually change. instead he has to "wait" for sadako to muster up courage and build her self-confidence to come up to his level.

but how long would that take? would she even LIKE kaze at that point?

the season is starting to get complicated, dramatic, and im loving it...!
May 28, 2011 3:59 AM

Sep 2008
YAY for Yano finally setting things into action. Her perceptiveness is so refreshing, when the two leading characters are both kind of lacking in that department... at least when it comes to being aware of one another's feelings. Chizu was also great in this episode. Can't wait for the two of them to get some more of the limelight placed on them throughout this second season...

Ugh, but Kurumi seems like she's planning something already. ._. Using Kent as her pawn... or partner in crime. I don't know. Can just tell those two are going to get in the way.
Jun 12, 2011 1:53 PM

Jan 2008
Poor Kazehaya . Funny Chizo . Mistyrious Kataomoi . Slowly Sawako >___>
And really who is Kento ??
I'm looking forward the next episode
Jun 14, 2011 9:14 PM

Oct 2008
I love the bit about her being smart in her studies and all but too dumb to figure out her own feelings. I wish the over acting would go away. People don't make as much sounds in reality -_- Also, how come no one in this show minds their own business?
Jul 11, 2011 6:53 PM

Mar 2009
Kazehaya should just say something.
Jul 25, 2011 12:11 PM

Mar 2011
Go Yano! Hopefully the things she told them will get the ball rolling since I'm getting a little bored.
Sep 14, 2011 3:32 AM

Feb 2008
I love Chizu and Ayane! <3
They're the best friends ever! Snd their scenes are always so funny.
I also love Ryuu. He's great.
※何時も支えて呉れる人達に
日頃の思いを込めた RHAPSODY
APPRECIATION の気持を届け
何時もありがとう、本当ありがとう
仮令どこに立って君の存在に感謝してるよ※

Dec 25, 2011 9:15 PM

May 2009
I can't believe Kazehaya hasn't realized Sawako likes him -.-'

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Feb 28, 2012 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
So much drama, just fix everything already! >:(
Apr 1, 2012 6:31 PM

Nov 2011
Kento is a Love Guru for sure, even if he did have a crush on her, he doesn't stand a chance, so love guru it is.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jun 25, 2012 9:49 PM
Jul 2018

That scene with Chizu and Ayane talking is really hilarious. :D
Chizu is so dumb. She didn't even know whom Kazehaya likes. XD
Aug 11, 2012 1:57 PM

Jan 2012
Taylor_elle said:
Dear clueless Chizu was by far the funniest thing in this episode. She made me laugh so much that tears came to my eyes. lol

^Agreed

And just another episode to give reason why Yano is my favorite character. She finally got things moving again.

malificium said:
I can't believe Kazehaya hasn't realized Sawako likes him -.-'

How could he realize when she acts terrified around him and won't even speak? That doesn't give a favorable impression at all
Nov 9, 2012 10:23 PM
Aug 2012
i watch this anime...and now i understand why girls say boys are stupid. cmon kazehaya!!
Aug 13, 2013 7:29 PM

Apr 2013
Chizuru being ignorant... hahaha xD

Poor Shota....

A very good episode. Ayane has a point about everything. Kent as well when it comes to Kazehaya's approach to Sawako...

5/5

Sep 18, 2013 5:49 AM
Jan 2013
Taylor_elle said:

That.
And I don't feel sorry for Kazahaya, after all it's his fault that he went cold(er) towards Sawako. With her being so clueless and over-thinking, it's obvious she would misunderstand. Him backing up is totally pointless and stupid

What is Miura's objective? In the end he told him to go out with her rather than treating her differently what would make other girls being jealous more than over a normal relationship.
Jan 17, 2014 2:21 AM

Dec 2013
Oh my god chizu that was beyond adorable. I'm starting to have mixed feelings about Kent tho, is he good or is he bad, I have no idea but please I'm silently begging for kazehaya or kuronuma to atleast confess their love LOL
Apr 12, 2014 4:55 AM

Jan 2008
Iilia said:
Taylor_elle said:
Chizu and Yano's moments together were probably the highlight of this episode for me. Chizu was hilarious and I love how Yano is putting things back together again. Poor girl must get so frustrated with all the people around her!

Well, with a little help from Yano (and Chizu) on Sawako's end, and a little provoking/pushing from Kent on Kazehaya's end, that just might make something happen after all!

If I don't get a confession, a kiss, or even a freaking hug by the end of this season I will NOT be happy.

I completely agree with everything u said even the last part but I have already seen it by now so I already know what happens I couldnt stop to post I just wanted to keep waiting the episodes without the posting now I have to go back n post really much of a hassle but its fine it was only 12 episodes + the Special
Apr 16, 2014 7:28 PM

Mar 2013
I thought Chizu knew about Kazehaya's feelings for Sawako, lol omfg. She's hilarious.
This is becoming increasingly distressing.
Apr 23, 2014 9:46 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Yano for best girl in the second season.

Kento is putting serious pressure on Kazehaya. He's not even trying to get close to Sawako and yet when Kazehaya sees Sawako and Kento together in class he gets jealous.

May 19, 2014 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
Well, things are even more confuse than before xD

If it wasn't of Ayane, I don't know where they would be....
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 24, 2014 4:44 AM

Jan 2014
I... I... Ajkaljkljawerdtaxycagakdahgahgdgraa !!
Ayane you're awesome!
Aug 11, 2014 9:44 PM

Apr 2014
I face palmed during the Chizu-clueless scene. Also Kazehaya going emo mode. Come on dude, man up!
Red is the color of a hero
Aug 20, 2014 5:29 AM

Nov 2012
OH wow, what are they going to do without Yano? :3
Sep 17, 2014 7:27 AM

Jan 2008
Ayane, best character ever.
Sep 28, 2014 10:37 PM

Jul 2013
Best episode so far. Ayane fulfilling her role as the best character in the series BY SPILLING THAT FUCKING TRUTH TEA. Everyone would be helpless without her. Chizu also made the episode great. I think I enjoy them the most. Sawako and Kazehaya are just getting annoying.

Hopefully Sawako remembers Ayane's advice, but I wonder if Kazehaya needs another kick to get Kent's words out of his head.

Kurumi had a bit of screen time this ep so I wonder if she'll actually help out a bit too.
Jan 19, 2015 2:22 AM

Jan 2013
Ohh Chizu, you made this episode for sure.
Feb 15, 2015 1:51 PM

Aug 2013
I'm glad that Sawako has Ayane and Chizu. They are great friends to her.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 29, 2011

102 by Rexnihilo »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 15, 2011

212 by Rexnihilo »»
Yesterday, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 25, 2011

149 by Rexnihilo »»
Yesterday, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2011

182 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2011

221 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.