Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Feb 14, 2019 8:07 PM
Apr 2016
Another bizarre, weird, & awesome episode! Starting to like this anime a lot.
Feb 28, 2019 1:35 PM

Sep 2014
QB dropping hints what an actual POS he is

The visual quality is simply astonishing. I knew it was very creative, but I completely forgot just how insane the production quality is
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 18, 2019 10:32 PM

Aug 2018
Okay, now I have so many questions?
But so far good Episode
Jan 15, 2020 6:31 PM

May 2011
ON A LIGHTER NOTE, I can't get enough of this damn teacher projecting her horrible marriage onto the students XD T.T

Really though, each episode gets better and better! I didn't know what to expect from this show at first. I definitely didn't expect it to be this dark, but I have faith that the dominating themes will put a good message out there.

Looks like trouble is around the corner.

There's much to look forward to!
Jan 29, 2020 11:13 PM

Jul 2016
Oh yes, the despair is here.

Favorite episode so far. Really liked how Madoka's raw emotions were portrayed. Her VA did a fantastic job as well.

Now on a side note, Sayaka will have quite the tragic ending, won't she? If it's not for Kyouko killing her, it will be for her wish backfiring in the worst way possible. By the way, I still can't believe she decided to risk her life and own existence just for a boy she likes...
Apr 7, 2020 10:55 AM

Jan 2019
Oh boy, Sayaka? Can't stand her. Nope. What bothers me most is how she seems to always be eating something, and that's pretty aggravating.

On the plus, though, I'm pretty intrigued where this going. Part of me just wants to see what would happen if Madok would just make a deal (even though hints are pointing to the fact that's not a good idea).
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Apr 23, 2020 6:11 AM

May 2016
This episode make me sad. Because I learned Madoka Kaname cried 4 times in this episode. The 1st time is Madoka is eating her breakfast inside her apartment. She still thinking the death of Mami Tomoe in the previous episode (I mean episode 3). Mami was killed or beheaded by witch Charlotte. The event hit Madoka extremely hard. It turns Madoka from a cheerful girl to a crybaby. It's just like she has someone she admires the most died in front of her eyes. The 2nd time is at her school rooftop during a dialogue with her best friend Sayaka Miki. Madoka still traumatized by Mami's death, breaks down in tears. The 3rd time is inside Mami's apartment. The 4th time is during the dialogue with Homura Akemi about Mami.

Out of the 4 times of Madoka's crying, 3 times I can even feel her sadness that I want to hug and comfort her.
1. At Madoka's apartment when Madoka is eating her breakfast with her family.
2. At Madoka's school rooftop during a dialogue with her best friend Sayaka Miki. If Madoka still cannot calm herself down, I will take her to the Nurse Office even she is the class health officer.
3. Inside Mami's apartment after Madoka put a her Campus Note. Madoka goes inside only by herself, I'm concern about this girl. Her sadness may cause her to faint inside the apartment or even worse, suicide. Luckily, Madoka does not kill herself. She takes off her shoes before she put down her Campus Note. If she cries again, I can hug and comfort her.
Apr 27, 2020 11:14 AM
Feb 2016
Seems like Kyuubei played a much bigger role than I expected. It was a bit too convient for that guy too get angry like that and wish for something magical/miracle and Kyuubei just shows up that the right time. Mabye Mami isn't dead and faked it somehow to force them to become magic girls. Hope that this story picks up because I'm getting really sleepy just watching this story going nowhere.
May 20, 2020 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was more depressing than the previous
Nov 15, 2020 1:09 AM

Apr 2020
Sayaka becomes Puella Magical! so the area Madoka occupies is Majo with high class. The new character, Kyoko, seems like she's strong
Feb 11, 2021 9:21 AM

Jan 2019
Well looks like I was wrong about what the, "Miracles and Magic" referred to when I predicted last week that it would be about Madoka's wish.

Seems we finally meet this other magical girl. Kyuuby looking like a neutral/evil force, willing to let Magical Girls fight and kill each other rather than taking on a common enemy.
Feb 12, 2021 5:09 AM

Jan 2017
Sayaka's situation is the embodiment of "I've won, but at what cost?"

She'll probably not survive until the end but I'll still root for her. On another note, screw Kyubey and whatever his/her secret major plan is
Feb 14, 2021 2:13 AM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Kyubey was ready for Sayaka to make that wish. And Kyouko, this new girl, seems like she’s gonna take on Sayaka. And I think Madoka’s just suffering.
May 1, 2021 1:38 AM
Mar 2018
why dont u just wish for all witches to be gone forever? problem solved?
Jul 18, 2021 1:37 PM

Apr 2018
The new character is kinda scary, Kyouko. Hopefully Sayaku will be safe. She became a mahoujo afterall. A mix between Samurai and Magicial Girl. That's what she reminds me of lmao.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 4, 2021 2:21 AM

Jul 2016
wow. did she really use the wish for kamijo? that's just sad. it makes sense if she did wish it though, since she's still a kid with no ofher major problems of her own at that age. but damn, i'd rather use it on myself or even if i did use it for someone, it would probably be for my family.
Dec 28, 2021 11:30 PM
Jul 2018
Well the story is certainly picking up!
A mass suicide prevented and Sayaka becomes a magical girl.
Great episode!
Jan 6, 2022 11:29 AM

Dec 2012
A bad girl.
Madoka cries.
Kyubey leaves.
Madoka goes to Mami's place.
Homura.
Shaft headtilt.
Sayaka.
Kyosuke going off.

Watch date: 5/2020
RobJan 6, 2022 12:08 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 27, 2022 9:44 AM

Feb 2021
Pretty enjoyable so far
Jun 9, 2022 11:27 AM
Nov 2020
Dang so choosing to be a magical girl is no joke you actually gotta sacrifice something and ya can’t take it back
Jul 30, 2022 7:30 AM

Jun 2016
Sayaka came to the aid of Madoka - at the last minute, mind you - as a bunch of rando's, and Hitomi, decide to do a mass suicide. Madoka always finds herself in such situations. It must be her talent.

Sayaka sacrificed her normality to Kyubey, huh. I suppose it was only a matter of time before she did it. Now watch the fallout from that wish ruin everything for her, lol.

Me like that new girl, Kyoko. Will she be the spark to reignite my heart?

Aug 11, 2022 11:02 AM
Jun 2020
My friend and I watched it then we stopped, I don't like it enough to finnish alone so it got dropped
Aug 16, 2022 4:30 AM
Aug 2022
Glad they followed through on the effects Mami's death had on the others, seemed a little nonplussed last time, though I guess in retrospect it just hadn't sunk in yet.

Homura really seems dead set on convincing Madoka not to become a magical girl, and I'm not sure if she's doing it kindness or to avoid more competition
Sep 6, 2022 3:52 PM
Aug 2022
I don't have too much to say but I did like this episode quite a bit. The wish plot hole especially bothered me here though. Why couldn't have Sayaka wished to, for example, wished that people who are injured could be healed instead of only the violin boy. To be fair Sayaka is just a middle schooler, but it still bothers me.
Oct 22, 2022 6:29 PM

Sep 2021
I love the scene right after the OP. Madoka being devastated whilst Incertus is playing in the background.
They also really nailed it how it feels like losing someone who is dear to (05:26).
Also, love Homura-chan and yay Kouyko appeared.
Jan 8, 2023 11:09 AM
Jan 2023
I'm supremely glad I kept watching past episode 3 because the series was starting to get slow, but this was the edge that the series needed to really get me engaged. Before I get to all my praises, my only complaint is that Madoka is a pretty boring protagonist so far, since the series is a 1/3 way done now and she hasn't even really considered a real wish beyond being a "powerful magical girl," which she seemed to drop completely after Mami's death. However, I absolutely adore Sayaka's character development in the episode as at this point she really had put quite some time into whether or not she should wish to save her friend's hand at the cost of permanently being a Magical Girl. After seeing him lash out in rage (very well done scene btw) she makes the decision and I found her whole setup pretty brilliant because I'm genuinely invested in her character after the prior 3-episode buildup. Again, the art was a spectacular collage of different styles in the fight scene, in the end, and it's literally like a Franz Ferdinand video making a lovechild with the Bayonetta artists. Which is to say it's breathtaking. Finally, the ending was good because now the stakes are actually raised now that Sayaka and thereby Madoka have a target on their back due to the new Magical Girl. Overall, this episode was a step in the right direction and I really enjoyed it.
Feb 17, 2023 10:12 AM
Jan 2018
Kind of a silly wish isn’t it ? You wish for someone to be able to play one again in return your in a death battle with witches and other Magical girls.

For some reason my perception of the show from seeing comments throughout the years was that it starts as a cutesy magical girl show like pretty cure or Sakura then goes batshit insane in the later half.

But it’s actually dark from the get go.
Jun 15, 2023 1:56 PM

Jun 2021
ngl this ep felt like it was minutes long

i liked how it made me think madoka just died ripped to bits while it was an illusion(?) 
and she got tortured(?) in the witch's realm 
stretch stretch goo

sayaka just debuted as magical girl to heal her bf's hand to nut~ lol (remember MIRACLES AND MAGIC DO EXISTS!!)

cool new character and she's with the silly kyubey
and she says she'll beat the crap to take over former mami's territory
hope sayaka gets away from her

i think my speakers aren't good enough for the ED song
this is just too good absolutely love it 
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Aug 5, 2023 11:08 PM
Nov 2019
Madoka cried a lot but we love a sensitive queen <3
Sep 1, 2023 6:00 AM
Oct 2019
Sayaka-chan did it!! But i wonder what Kamijou would respond....

Sep 25, 2023 5:24 PM
Oct 2021
Foda, não é tão simples quanto a capa, vale a pena o investimento.
Mar 21, 11:36 PM

Dec 2022
okay this new girl looks like fun
Apr 3, 2:37 AM
Apr 2020
I hate madoka's voice so much
Apr 4, 8:43 AM
Jun 2021
KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.