Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 29, 2011 7:46 PM
Aug 2010
This manga reminds me of why I am a fan of anime and manga. I never expected was to find a story as incredible as this, in times that are only produced clichés.
As much as I can not think of a single point defect for this series, I dare to call a masterpiece without a doubt.
The ending was totally unexpected, but it was awesome. There is an ending that fits better.
Now I'm kind of not knowing what will become of me now that I finished this series. Do not know if I find another that matches her.
She rescued me from that feeling good when you want more and more of a story.
There is no way to give a grade lower than 10 for this manga, which is marked in my life as the best series of all.
Apr 30, 2011 10:47 PM

Feb 2009
I hope that between now and infinity during Yukki and Yuno's reign as Gods of the third world, Yuno's inherent yandere tendencies don't start popping up again.

Would make for an awkward household.

Also 2 Murumurus!
May 6, 2011 1:09 AM
Jun 2010
Series started as a 8/10 for me , peaked around the Yuno is evil arc ( a 10/10 for me ) and went down hill , ending at a a 2/10

Overall I give this series a 6/10
May 11, 2011 1:35 AM

Nov 2010
ROFL
So last night I was reading this from 10pm until around 12.30am to finish it.
I get to the part where Yuno says with her new friends that she is forgetting someone. The next 2 pages were black so I just thought that was the end; had a little :'(
(because I literally thought that was the end) and went to bed.

Lol got up this morning and went to re-read the last chapter and was like wtf... there are more pages rofl.

I think the ending is how it should have been. The whole thing about Yuno is that she always defied the impossible for Yukki and always was there for him, her breaking the barrier was meant to happen as otherwise to me that wouldn't have been the real Yuno. They were destined to be GODS TOGETHER

HAPPY END~
Jun 13, 2011 4:54 AM

Dec 2008
Wow people are really taking the ending seriously.
Jun 18, 2011 1:10 AM

Oct 2010
Kanon-kun said:

Also, someone explain to me WHY WERE THE BABIES FLYING?

the 9th mother of the babies has Deus transfer half of his power and knowledge.
Signature Removed
Jun 25, 2011 5:24 AM
Mar 2009
Lol......by the end....I just kinda accepted everything they threw at me. "Gigantic Yuno just entered the scene w/ a banhammer? Why not?" As for the ending, it seems like, all the problems were solved with a solid conclusion. Which actually kinda just made it feel like some fanfic ending. Tho I'de be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the ending at all (Yuno Fan :\ ).
Jul 1, 2011 11:47 AM

Dec 2007
That was an okay ending.
Jul 4, 2011 5:01 PM

Jul 2008
didnt get it at all time t start back from square one
Jul 12, 2011 1:38 AM

Feb 2010
um a lot of things in the end was kinda strange , the thing about the 11th wasnt correctly explained i think.

and wtf with yunoo parents , why they are suddenly good? yuno was already in a cage in that world :/

it was a good read anyway , im gonna believe that the ending after the ending was just trolling and give it an 8/10
Jul 13, 2011 11:19 AM
Jan 2011
Confusing a bit. I guess they are the gods and now everyone else has their own life? But won't their still be a game?
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Aug 6, 2011 2:29 PM

May 2008
Toward the ending it got really good, but the ending was bad, after that many years who would still be in love. 8 or 7 not sure.
ClosedCXAug 6, 2011 2:33 PM
Sep 6, 2011 6:03 PM
Sep 2011
The ending was ok but I'm still confused about 10,000 years in the destroyed world then hammering it and end up on the 3rd world. I don't get it.

so, if Yuki is in the third world, there are 2 Yuki in there right and 2 Uryuu Minene too. The game would repeat itself and then there will be another God. sorry for my bad Engrish XP
Sep 11, 2011 11:11 AM

Sep 2008
Many people don't like this ending but this one I think it was best ending this manga colud ever had cause
1. First world Yuno or Second world Yuuki one of them had to die.
2. If Yuuki die Yuno will break down and will kill Third world Yuno anyway (that what I belive)
So that only option left was Yuki win then what since he can't bring any one back he don't do any thing << that fine for me
3 third world Yuno became first Yuno by tranfer memory them bring Yuki from second world << that surprise yes but I like it even she don't really same 1st Yuno but still it fine by me
And since now Yuki (2) and Yuno (1+3) was success God from Deus so their will no more game...
Sep 16, 2011 3:45 PM

Jul 2011
It is somewhat comforting that the series had a happy ending after all the shit that every character went through in their lives imo, but it felt like it was rushed though I'm not complaining.
Sep 20, 2011 8:47 AM
Sep 2011
Appreciating happy endings is no problem. Enjoying a half-baked conclusion is another matter entirely.

Until the ending, it was rolling along nicely with an 8. Yuno succeeded hammer it down to a 7 for the finale though.
Sep 20, 2011 11:34 PM

Nov 2010
Here's the thing: I lost touch with this manga a year ago around chapter 54 only to pick it up and finish it because of the upcoming anime. Here's the thing: I felt like nothing happened between chapters 55 and 59, the ending, compared to how this originally started. This tells you how far this manga really fell from grace. So many universe-transcending events occur and yet, in the end, I saw this coming even before I decided to finish the manga.
7/10

Here's to an anime-original ending.
Oct 17, 2011 1:33 PM
Oct 2010
I really loved this manga...until 30~ something chapter, I read it normally (like meh,it's ok), with some curiosity of what it could lead to...from there on...I read it till the end non-stop. The manga doesn't try to be difficult to understand. At the right time it gives us some clues, so we find things out before the characters do. Though that doesn't mean it's not good. On contrary. It just shows how coherent and well thought-out it was, imho.
I really can't get enough of the time travelling/parallel worlds issue xD Anyway that was not it's central subject, at all...
This story is the oddest love story I have ever encountered, and I don't believe I'll find something like it again...
The domino effect was great, but seemed a bit forced...bah who cares...that was the point. A miracle.
I'm just sad for Akise...that beheaded Akise + Yuki panel won't ever leave my mind.
I read the last chapters in such a rush that I didn't even notice...but there was no way Akise would be in that world, he was part of Deus in the 2nd world ;_; well I needed some dead character to cry for, since 9th AROSE from the DEAD! She deserved a good ending!
Ok, I would live happily without that happy ending (Yuno 3 getting 1st memories...thing). However it won't affect how I think of this story, and my rating. It's not like...uh Happily ever after...this manga was very dark...a lot of people died, the new 3rd world gods killed most of them...they weren't revived.
I get mixed feelings about this "happiness". I guess that fits the manga.
9/10
Nothing further.
RianriOct 17, 2011 1:44 PM

Oct 18, 2011 11:30 PM

Oct 2009
Okay what the fuck was this shit?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2011 10:02 PM
Mar 2011
ryanlanuza18 said:
The ending was ok but I'm still confused about 10,000 years in the destroyed world then hammering it and end up on the 3rd world. I don't get it.

so, if Yuki is in the third world, there are 2 Yuki in there right and 2 Uryuu Minene too. The game would repeat itself and then there will be another God. sorry for my bad Engrish XP

possible if there was nothing else to think about
Oct 24, 2011 7:55 PM

Aug 2010
Mehhhhh, not bad overall, but the ending was kinda blehhh

Oct 24, 2011 9:54 PM

Sep 2010
For this bizarre extra(?) thing, 2nd world Uryuu is living with 3rd world Nishijima while 3rd world Uryuu is still a terrorist they're trying to stop? How does 3rd world Nishijima just accept this?

The more I think about it, the more I like the ending.
But one thing that has me wondering is that Yuno's parents were definitely abusive (feeding her tatami straws and caging her), but out of nowhere, they became loving and caring parents willing to sacrifice their lives for her.
AngelicFecesOct 24, 2011 10:47 PM
Oct 28, 2011 6:46 AM

Oct 2007
This was one of the greatest manga ever!

Whats up with all the confused people in here LOL!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2011 7:13 PM

Aug 2008
def a good manga, I just hope that the anime adaptation is as good!

Nov 13, 2011 3:02 PM

May 2008
Minene babies! :D
Nov 13, 2011 3:19 PM

Jul 2008
XxsamurixX said:
Ending sucked.
Everything went downhill after Akise died.

totly agre

i love the manga but the ending was to lazy

now can akise get his own spin-off manga ^^
Dec 5, 2011 8:12 PM
Sep 2011
definitely, everything went downhill after fking Akise Aru died. that lazy lazy lazy author.

starting out, i was planning on watching the anime and reading the paradox manga but i don't think i will bother with it anymore
Dec 7, 2011 5:16 AM

Oct 2009
It went downhill for me after Yukiteru's dad appeared. Could've been much better.
Dec 9, 2011 5:55 PM

Jan 2009
darkkiller0 said:
I don't get why people hate the ending so much. I personally like the ending. An "endless loop" or "restart of the game" would have been to obvious and stupid of an ending. Honestly, the whole manga gets based off of an endless loop of Yuno trying to get together with Yuki, and then just have the manga keep going in this sad little circle? That's quite lame.

It's good that they were able to bring about an end to the loop. To put this in perspective, this manga is somewhat like Donny Darko (The Movie) in the mulitple universe/endless loop way. Donnie has to find a way to end the time loop, and he does. The movie would have blown ass if they ended it with him not being successful.

Similarly, this manga would have blown ass if they had done something as lazy as just keep the game/sad endless loop going.

Avalongus, as for Yuno's past, the Death God Yuno who was about to kill Regular Yuno went back in time at the wrong time. We never got to see the mistreatment because Death God Yuno went to far back in time, she even says this. The Mistreatment would have happened later in time.

The fact that people are saying that the manga sucks after "Akise dies" or "everyone dies" etc, just proves how good this manga is. It proves that the writer was able to get everyone deeply involved in the manga emotionally. I too like the character of Akise and of course it's sad that Yuki's friends all die and that all the diary holders (well, some) die. But it was done in a good way that benefited the story.

We can't have everything be happy all the time or even most of the time. This wasn't marketed as a happy boy manga :) (Ironic though it is that it's placed in the genre of Shounen, even though it's as violent as it is)

I weirdly agree, as much as i like it to ending with Yuno barely remembering the other time line, the 10 000 years of solitude compensates for me.

And they really didn't fix anything really, the 1st and 2nd worlds still sucks, everyone that "they" know die and stays dead, just as Minene says to Yuki, it wasn't they world.

And just as the "new" life of Minene with her flying babys was kind of a compensation for... er.. her mission, i think Yuno re-becoming a goddess is kind of a compensation for screwing up her life twice.
SeryDec 9, 2011 6:55 PM
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Dec 11, 2011 12:38 AM
Apr 2010
Trying to make sure i got this right since this ending kinda threw me off, Yukki of the second world along with the Yuno of the second world are now god + goddess of the third world, but the feeling of the first world Yuno are with the 3rd world Yuno where both Yukki and Yuno of the third world are happy together. Do i have this right or i'm missing something?
LyamDec 11, 2011 12:08 PM
Dec 11, 2011 1:55 PM

Jan 2009
Lyam said:
Trying to make sure i got this right since this ending kinda threw me off, Yukki of the second world along with the Yuno of the second world are now god + goddess of the third world, but the feeling of the first world Yuno are with the 3rd world Yuno where both Yukki and Yuno of the third world are happy together. Do i have this right or i'm missing something?

Right idea but you got mixed on the "worlds"

actually is the 3rd World Yuno + 2nd World Yukki are gods of the 2nd world, 2nd world Yuno remains dead (along with everyone else), but inside 3rd world Yuno are the feelings of 1st world Yuno whom committed suicide to let 2nd world Yukki became god of 2nd world
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Dec 11, 2011 4:30 PM
Apr 2010
Sery said:
Lyam said:

actually is the 3rd World Yuno + 2nd World Yukki are gods of the 2nd world, 2nd world Yuno remains dead (along with everyone else), but inside 3rd world Yuno are the feelings of 1st world Yuno whom committed suicide to let 2nd world Yukki became god of 2nd world

Alright, so at the very end where Yukki and Yuno are going to see the stars, that before they becomes the gods of the world. Must say i like the ending but didn't give it time to sink in.
Dec 13, 2011 2:13 AM

Dec 2011
Sery said:

Actually I thought that they would become Deus succesors in the 3rd world, since the Deus that connected Yuno with Yukki was from the 3rd world, and at some point his life as God would come to a end like the other 2 worlds.
Dec 13, 2011 9:38 AM
Apr 2010
SeraphineX said:
Sery said:

Actually I thought that they would become Deus succesors in the 3rd world, since the Deus that connected Yuno with Yukki was from the 3rd world, and at some point his life as God would come to a end like the other 2 worlds.

To the best of my understanding, Yukki of the 2nd world and Yuno of the 3rd world do become Deus succesors of the 3rd world, Since Deus does say "The world over here is heading is also heading to its destruction. I be much much oblig
SeraphineX said:
Sery said:

To the best of my understanding, the Yukki of the 2nd world and Yuno of the 3rd world (with 1st world memories) do become the gods of the 3rd world.
Dec 13, 2011 11:24 AM

Dec 2007
Great manga till the final chapters, the ending was not that great as the rest of the series.

I also think that it went down a little after Akise death, but overall is still a great manga. Will give it a 9/10.
Dec 26, 2011 11:57 PM

Jul 2009
I was enjoying the manga quite a bit up until the final chapter. It'd have been better if Yukiteru was left for eternity staring at his cellphone.
tussiveDec 27, 2011 12:03 AM
Dec 28, 2011 1:26 PM

Jan 2010
AngelicFeces said:
For this bizarre extra(?) thing, 2nd world Uryuu is living with 3rd world Nishijima while 3rd world Uryuu is still a terrorist they're trying to stop? How does 3rd world Nishijima just accept this?

THAT!

I really don't care about the Ending thing between Yuno,Yukiteru, Deus, Murmur and whoever else
but what's with the 2nd Worlds 9th x 3rd Worlds Nishijima ?
Did they plant him some memory aswell or how come he picks up a 'stranger' and marrys her? I mean I really don't care if the kids fly and stuff and I'm happy for Minene BUT HOW?
Jan 6, 2012 2:00 AM
Jan 2012
ryanxwonbin said:
...Honestly what the hell is this? I'm surprised so many people here are complimenting the ending.

Imho, this ending SUCKED. Oh hey, Yuno from the 3rd world was given the 1st's memories... Then the two lived happily ever after.

Are you freaking kidding me? How is that romantic or touching in anyway? I'm sorry, but the 3rd Yuno isn't the same as the 1st Yuno. In technical terms they are, but the two are different beings. It's like my dog dying and my parents buying me a dog that looks exactly the same and acts the same way and me being content with that. It isn't the same.

Not to mention it feels like to be 3rd Yuno just got cheated. It just feels like to me that giving her 1st's memories is basically destroying3rd's existence and replacing it.

And apparently everyone that died are either revived or Yuki just created clones of them. The first destroys the whole conflict of the manga, the latter is the same as replacing 1st Yuno with 3rd Yuno.

Ending: 1/5
Series: 7/10

i totally understand... the yuno in the 1st world cannot be just replaced by the yuno in the 3rd world just because she has her memories. so the ending is actually sad for me because i cant accept that yuno. And after all yukki's parents and the 6th's boyfriend and all other people are still dead in the 2nd world, i dont think the ending happy but rather sad.
makwingsJan 6, 2012 2:06 AM
Feb 9, 2012 1:08 AM

Mar 2009
I didn't like the ending.. it just felt too happy or something.
Feb 20, 2012 6:05 AM

Aug 2011
The ending was alright, it's quite comforting that it ended the way it did, eventhough seeing that giant Yuno was a little crazy.

It would have had a bigger impact on me if they ended it with Yuno and her friends in the shop so that it's hinting they might be together again one day but they will continue living the 3rd world lives, although I think Yuki being depressed for thousands of years refusing to use his powers is a little harsh too.

Great manga overall, I decided to read it because I had become too desparate for answers after watching the anime, and it certainly delivered. Now I can compare!
Feb 29, 2012 8:24 AM
Feb 2012
I've literally spent the last hour thinking of a way for 1st world Yuno to be with 2nd world Yuki, both as a god or otherwise.

Even with considering transferring god powers (Deus to Minene) and time leaping as a god (Murumuru 1st & 2nd), there really is no way for them to be together as gods or without the world ending on them on July 28th.

I guess the author had the same problem and was like, 'fuck it, Yuno is awesome and she'll break the time-space causality with a biscuithammer. Also, Deus will make both of them gods. yeah, sounds about right /troll'

Good ending is good. There really was no other way for it to have a 'Happy End'
DeredereCammiFeb 29, 2012 8:27 AM
Mar 6, 2012 8:20 AM
Mar 2012
The ending would have been fairly decent had it simply concluded before the epilogue, with Yuki isolated in despair in an endless void devoid of light or companionship while in the "third world" the parallel incarnations of himself and all of his previous associates live happy and comparatively ideal lives. It would be a fittingly grim or bittersweet ending to a reasonably morbid series, especially as it would find the protagonist ironically returned to the same emotional and social situation in which he began the series (an eternal and utterly isolated bystander).

Of course while it is a relatively fitting ending it's also intrinsically going to be unpleasant for anyone who liked Yuno, the central romance, etc., something of which the author may have been conscious when he decided to catastrophically reverse everything about it in the last 5-10 pages through recourse to an enormous ham-handed cop-out. By trying to awkwardly fuse a somewhat dark ending with an absurdly ideal one, the end result is ultimately just an insult to the series as a whole (which despite some rather substantial heterogeneity in narrative quality still had some remarkably strong features).

In particular, the suffering and development that every character had to actually go through to reach the end is more or less entirely destroyed and trivialized (alongside all of the emotional buildup in the finale itself), as the new incarnations of all of the characters have (comparatively) perfect lives (apart from 3rd world Minene I guess) and the series tries to casually hand-wave away the demise of Yuno (significant, at least, to me in that I found Yuno to be the sole driving force of the entire series) by transferring all of her memories to her ideal-world self. It's just a sloppy, awkward ending that invokes a "power of love" deus ex machina in the worst way possible and makes the whole series feel pretty hollow.

I contest that there was no other means to end the series without killing off one of the two leads. For instance, Yuno and Yuki could, assuming that they could exert sufficient influence on either of three parties capable of arranging it for them, have continued to simply timehop between doomed timelines, living out their lives between and across worlds. Alternatively, they could have simply traveled far enough back in time to live out a normal or desirable life without risk of coming into conflict with the Game, the end of the universe, or their matured parallel selves.

Given that Yuno was able to abandon the 1st world to live through the 2nd without any apparent negative consequences for herself indicates that it shouldn't be too much of an issue for the pair of them to abandon the second world to live through the third (or a succession of parallel worlds) for an extended period. Honestly though, the route to the "ideal" ending provided was so hamhanded and awkward that just about anything else would've come off better- I mean, what in principal is to stop the pair of them from immediately invoking Deus in the Third World and attempting to negotiate (or somehow usurping, as I guess Yuno would still technically be a god of one world) their way to divinity or release (given that Deus is apparently capable of both power-transfer to individuals and giving one diary-identity to multiple owners as with #7) well before the game event starts?

I mean really, just about any alternative would be more interesting, plausible, and enjoyable than the ludicrous split-second narrative reversal and tone-change that happened at the end of the manga, with Deus spontaneously deciding not to settle the affair of his succession with a massively traumatizing bloodsport for once and virtually everything getting tied up with a neat little bow without any apparent initiative or effort from the protagonists.

The number of plot holes and characterization inconsistencies in the series coupled with how massively jarring and arbitrary the true ending was means that even an alternative quite inconsistent with how the constraints of the Game had previously been presented would still basically end up being reasonable. At the very least it could have been Yuki and not Deus/Yuno who initiated the merger of parallel universes at the end, so that at least he could have been shown to have finally accomplished something (I guess he managed something like this when he broke out of the shell, but the immediate outcome of that was basically the same as if he had killed Yuno when she offered to die for him four volumes ago) through his own force of will and initiative rather than relying upon his allies and benefactors.
AndkatMar 6, 2012 8:27 AM
Mar 21, 2012 10:01 AM
Mar 2011
OH SHIT, A STORY ABOUT A YANDERE GIRL AND A MENTALLY CONFUSED BOY KILLING PEOPLE WITH THE POWER OF TIME AND SPACE IN THEIR CELL PHONES HAD AN ILLOGICAL ENDING!
HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!?
seriously I rather liked the happy ending instead of the sad realistic one
#1 reason we read manga? TO SAY SCREW YOU TO REALITY!!!!
Mar 21, 2012 12:15 PM

Oct 2008
So satisfied with the ending! Everyone was happy. Hahaha! Minene even has flying kids! :)) At first I was quite shocked of the killings but then I didn't mind it that much as I read on. Now my reading experience will never be the same again.
Mar 26, 2012 4:51 AM

Dec 2007
Yeah, the ending could have been better but I'm satisfied with the happy end! :P
Apr 1, 2012 11:31 PM

Feb 2012
Great series, but I had mixed feelings about the end. It really didn't make too much sense, and the happy ending seemed way too forced.
Apr 12, 2012 9:35 AM

Oct 2007
As I see it, this series has two endings. The first is the ending of the last chapter of Mirai Nikki, and the second is the "future chapter." The first ending is obviously superior, but since the second ending isn't very serious it's probably something thrown in to please the shounen readers who wanted a happy ending.

What I found really interesting in this series is the characters, and especially Yuno. This might be because I really like interesting yandere characters, and I think Yuno qualifies for this because of what we get to learn about her past and development. People who end up becoming batshit insane weren't always that way, and I think it's interesting learning about what made them that way. Yukiteru hasn't been nearly as interesting a character, but in the end we also ended up knowing more about him and his relationship with Yuno. I don't think main characters always have to be entertaining, unless you're reading something for pure entertainment, but it's important that there's something interesting to be learned from them. And in the case of Yukiteru, I think there was.

Regardless, I would normally give this manga 8/10 for its characters and original or shocking elements, even though the story could be more coherent and less formulatic at times. But I'm giving it 9/10 because I'm biased.
May 1, 2012 11:04 AM

Nov 2011
The giant dimensional hammer gave me a good laugh XD.

You gotta admit that was pretty ballsy of the author to pull a plot device like that haha :).

A fabulously ludicrous ending to what has been a fabulously ludicrous manga :D.
May 12, 2012 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit, I thought the hammer thing was an omake at first.

Lousy ending to a pretty lousy mango.
May 28, 2012 11:36 AM
May 2012
For me it ends well, i was sad when i ended watching anime.. so i read the manga and now I'm content.
I don't understand one thing. 9th (II world) was alive after all, so why she wasn't participating in the game at the end? Because of the Deus who gave her his power?

And for me it's ok that yukki(II) and yuno(III) are together. I mean, Yuno(I) loved both yukki's from the I and II world, so for me it's ok, and i think he is with yuno he loved, not other yuno just with mere memories.

Sorry for english xd
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 53 Discussion

Kingwel - Jun 28, 2010

43 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Feb 21, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 24 Discussion

XorMal - Nov 15, 2008

18 by psyche-K »»
Jan 9, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Dec 17, 2008

13 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:13 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 20 Discussion

Shouichirou - Dec 17, 2008

8 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Aug 18, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 1 Discussion

ckam - Jul 18, 2010

19 by GabeStudy »»
Jun 23, 2023 12:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.