Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Aug 26, 2015 3:56 PM
Sep 2014
What the actual fuck?
All fun and entertaining and then they push everything in last episode, and not even finishing it?
And it had so much potential to be one bad ass show with amazing story.
Sep 25, 2015 12:49 AM

Mar 2014
The Black Hero and the Lonesome Monster .
Conflict for Utopia .
Advance to the Ideal future .
The Dream that became Reality.
Destiny Legend . GREAT EPISODE .

Denzetsu . has a really huge potential to the nonetheless anti-climatic ending .
The Plot is a tremendous weapon of the animation . It's definitely unique .
Only if exercised completely . Honestly , It was a beautiful adaption .. except from the dark features of it but the splendent aspect make up for that . Though , unexpectedly It didn't felt right into the heart in it's fraud conclusions . It was a nearing climax . A bit of a cliffhanger if you patronalize it . So , I sincerely want this one thrusted into it's core .. just a sequel won't hurt anything .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2015 6:59 AM

Dec 2014
I only finish this anime because of Kiefer, Milk & berserk Ryner....

Disappointing series.... :(
Dec 26, 2015 11:39 PM

Jan 2015
Sion gave him purpose.. But he has lost his mind. So many armies. The army of the Alpha Stigma tho :O They do have the upperhand but Sion's monster creations do as well...
Jan 7, 2016 6:32 PM

Aug 2011
anyone no where can find the LNs. To continue where the anime left off? Anyone?
Jan 7, 2016 6:53 PM
Jan 2016
People that dont like the show only don't like because too much was left unsaid there needs to be another season because in the end this show was fantastic
Jan 18, 2016 6:36 PM

Oct 2010
hayka said:
anyone no where can find the LNs. To continue where the anime left off? Anyone?

The First season correspond to the fist novel Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu.

The sequel, Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu is being translated on baka-tsuki.
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Densetsu_no_Y%C5%ABsha_no_Densetsu

But if you want to read the first season, you won't be able since it was struck down for some DCMA.
Mar 7, 2016 1:32 AM

Mar 2011
What the actual fuck happen these 2 last episodes? went from super interesting and entertaining to Sion being kit high on Cocaine, LSD and Mushrooms. Went from 9 to 7,5. Never in the 300 animes i watched have i seen a so rushed ending.

Oh, and that one thing all the other people is saying, give a second season... To clean up the fuck up last 2 episodes.

Yes, i am not perfectly happy, no.
Apr 2, 2016 7:53 AM

Oct 2014
There was no ending
Not open or close
No ending at all
Jun 10, 2016 9:29 PM

Jul 2014
This ish was ass it jumps all around but never focuses on anything. Is it about building Roland? Hero relics? Or Alpha Stigmas? They should focused on one of these things instead of just touching on them and end up with a show with no purpose. So then they have to makeup something real quick at the end that made no sense.

P.S The comedy in this was some of the worse I have ever seen.
Jul 22, 2016 12:09 AM

Sep 2011
This series fell off so hard it in that it was a cliff in more than one meaning of the word. The series was extremely strong until around episode 20, then the execution of the story just tanked. Stuff stopped making sense and we got info dumped in a really poor way. A lot of stuff was left unexplained (outside of the fact that we we were left on a cliffhanger), and all of the characters drastically changed in an extremely unnatural way. It's like they skipped 75 chapters between episodes 18 and 21.

Looking back on the series as a whole it was all over the place. At first it was about this kickass, laid back magician that was going around collecting relics, then it does a weird flashback to him in jail for an episode or two, then it is about internal reform, then it is about warring nations, then it is about a ruler who goes mad and attempts to destroy everything. It tried to do so much that it ultimately failed to any one thing right.

With everything said I enjoyed the series (minus the last 4 episodes). It doesn't look like another season is in the works considering it's been years since this was released, but quite frankly I am ok with that. I lost interest in the characters by the end considering they were vastly different than they were at the start (and not in a good way), and the plot seemed to be going down an uninspired path.
Nov 1, 2016 3:18 PM

Feb 2016
Okay, so I just finished this.
And.
C'MON WHYDAFAK DOESN'T THIS HAVE A SECOND SEASON?!
I already started my rant here, but, seriously, how comes this doesn't have a second season/is more popular? The anime completely aside, the story alone is epic enough to keep it going. Like, together with FMA:B this has to be the only anime yet that I had to really really really really really enjoy. It has literally everything - A plot more complex than it seems, characters with depth, relationships with depth (All aboard the Ferris x Ryner ship, too, haha), everything!
And the anime itself isn't too shabby either - The animation was good (Yes, I know that some elitists on here are going to hate me for it, just as they're going to hate me when I say One Piece's animation is bad.), and the adaptation in general was, too - Even though I usually don't like comedy at all, they managed to put in just the right amount. The "goriness" of the scenes was done just right as well - Not gore/splatter, not rainbow-and-butterflies, but just the right amount of blood. The only bad thing I can see with the anime is its pacing, which is basically half the reason for my rant above. They could have dragged out so many of the scenes so much longer and filled at least 30episodes with this part of the story alone, not even considering that it is only the beginning (And, woah, what a beginning it is!).

So I ask again. Where the hell did they leave the second season. And why? I know that this is just my opinion, but I can't possibly fathom why this anime wouldn't be more popular. Seriously. (My standards for "good" may be a little lower than the average, but my standards for *really really really good* are above the average, too.)

(Is there a manga that continues where the anime left off? I honestly don't feel like reading a novel right now.)
;_;

Edit: ^Exactly what the dude/gurl above me said. The thing with this anime simply is that it delivered everything I was looking for. Everything but more of it.
Edit2: Nvm the post above me isn't the one I was referring to. Meant the last post on the first page.

Edit3: And I do understand some of the flaws people point out (Like the Pacing+End, which I find flawed myself), while I don't understand others (There was a review basically saying it was bad because it was too complex. Maybe it meant the last few episodes that left someone just way too damn confused? If so, I wouldnt call it bad. I would just call it "GIVE US A SECOND SEASON ASAP"). And yes, for those flaws I could give the anime probably something like an 8/10. But I'm sorry, the story just completely redeems all the flaws. For the sake of the epicness of the story I'm giving this a solid 10.
Edit4: Damn, I forgot. Binge-watching a series on the day some college applications are due may have been a bad idea.
Call-Me-CaptainNov 1, 2016 3:30 PM
Nov 6, 2016 1:45 AM

Dec 2014
The last two episodes...the shock which I have to suffer is same If I would have started watching this show directly from 23rd episode. New characters, another layer of mystery..further now its already 6 years since it was released...guess it's lot better to think of it as something that had the potential than most of the other crappy shows that get sequels...glad I watched it rather than to have watched some other completely flawed series ..

Dec 1, 2016 4:54 AM
Jun 2013
almost 7 years later still no 2nd season announcement.. guess the demand is not that good in Japan..

I enjoy this series... really need to have more of it...
Dec 4, 2016 11:25 AM
Apr 2008
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd
Fuck that
CLIFF HANGER................
6 years later.............
Jan 10, 2017 4:58 AM

Dec 2015
Final Verdict: FUCK DANGOOOOO!!!! This show made me hate this word SO much I can't stand it. 4/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 2, 2017 8:51 PM

Apr 2011
Lmao.. wtf was that ending 2017 still no s2... I'm done, stop animating ongoing series only to drop it half way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2017 3:35 PM

Jul 2016
Lol just finished this series at 2017 and find it REAL SUCKS by the fcking cliffhanger.. i mean c'mon... this story is epic and at the level like FMA or Hunterxhunter series

Let's do some amazing moves dude!
Apr 8, 2017 11:25 AM
Jan 2013
I personally enjoyed the series more so than others have here.

The complete lack of explanation was not an issue that hindered the overall enjoyment as the story was enough to follow until the final episodes approached where it was just a mess, nonetheless, it was fun to watch.

The tense moments where Ryner would go out of control and the aftermath that followed, although slightly overplayed, were really cool.

There was a large focus on Ryner and his struggle to understand what it means to truly feel alive and to belong after the enormous abuse and discrimination he has been mistreated to his entire life. The eventual breakdown of Sion and the burden he carries as king isolates him from others was also another point of focus. The emotional impact these scenes left struck some chords that hit home especially in the rain when Sion and Ryner fought.

Ironic as despite their differences, as Ryner became more acquainted with people, Sion became ever so lonelier.

Despite many people's qualms with some of the characters, none were truly terrible enough to justify bashing the series, they were just underdeveloped.

The moments between Feris and Ryner were 90% of the time comic relief and humor, which understandably grew tiresome after the dango joke was repeated the millionth time, but they were just that. There was never a point where I took the characters seriously during these moments and it maintained a decent balance as comic relief. Sadly though, the dango jokes took up a large chunk of time that could have better the show.

The ending was alright, I didn't feel as upset as I feel I should have because I genuinely enjoyed the series despite it's obvious shortcomings. The absurd power of the alpha stigma, the relationship between ferris and ryner, and the crumbling friendship between Ryner and Sion.

May 28, 2017 6:44 AM

Jan 2015
kinda BS episode...needed to watch in 4x speed to endure it......show started out strong ( 8/10 ) , then became good/mediocre at the middle { 7/10 } and the ending is another - to be continued bs.....I don't like it....characters horrible.....fillers annoying....generic designs in a fantasisque world.....total [ 5/10 ] - I will never recommend this to anyone, even to my sworn enemies.....Boku no Pico had better storytelling than this.....total garbage....
Aug 3, 2017 1:14 AM
Jul 2017
I just finished watching this awsome anime but I don't understand the finale !!
What was happening to Seon ? Why was he want to kill Ryner ?
When he woke up from his dream I was happy I thought everything will go normal but then he return to the same stupidity
any one could explain this final episode to me plz ?!!
Oct 30, 2017 11:47 AM

Oct 2013
I'm still confused and the finale was bad, it has been going downhill since the first couple episode. They rushed a couple things up, and what i hate the most is they change the atmosphere from serious to gag randomly, i don't understand why people like this, okay it was pretty enjoyable but not the extend that i would recommend this series to my friend.

I wonder why there still no 2nd season, WELL BECAUSE the 1st season sux duhhhhhhhhhh.. clearly the 1st season only a bait for people to buy the manga, feelsbadman

The only thing that sooth my disappointed heart is finally Ryner x Ferris ship could set sail, and i like the way Ferris showing new emotion when Ryner hugged her in the prison.

6/10
Nov 1, 2017 3:35 AM

Sep 2013
dody-san said:
I just finished watching this awsome anime but I don't understand the finale !!
What was happening to Seon ? Why was he want to kill Ryner ?
When he woke up from his dream I was happy I thought everything will go normal but then he return to the same stupidity
any one could explain this final episode to me plz ?!!

From what I make of it, in the past there was a Fallen Black Hero and a Lonely Demon (was in the episode).
Sion is related to the Black Hero, Reiner is related to the Lonely Demon.
Guess is that they are reincarnations or something of that sort.

As for anything else, need the next seasion or to read the LNs...
Feb 15, 2018 3:12 PM

Jul 2017
So many god damn unanswered questions.
Aug 30, 2018 4:33 AM

Dec 2012
Holy hell, what an incredibly jaw dropping finale. It was so awesome...and yet...so terrible. Knowing that there's almost no chance for a continuation at this point, it feels so hollowing to think that this is the end of the line. This is going to haunt me to no avail for days to come.

I'll also have to admit that the humor was a bit redundant as jokes about perversion and afternoon naps could only inspire the occasional chuckle for so many episodes. There were also moments throughout the series that felt considerably dry about midway through (Eps 13-16). It also doesn't help that things really started to explode at record paces in the final few episodes.

Regardless, I still hold Legendary Heroes in high regards for everything it does manage to nail. Ryner's insights into war were always profound, particularly his quote on how no one wants to die and yet so many people still kill. Legendary Heroes also does a great job at showing how so many characters want to build a world filled with peace & joy, yet find themselves only wading deeper into conflict, bloodshed & strife.

Overall I think I'm going to lower my score from a 9/10 to an 8/10. I still find Legendary Heroes to be an exceptional tale, but it doesn't resonate quite as much as it must have back when I'd first seen it. There's also the matter of that cliffhanger (more like the gallows) that really does rob this story of the potential that it deserves.
Oct 8, 2018 11:18 PM
Jan 2017
the last two episode ruined the anime...wtf..
Feb 9, 2020 2:50 AM

Oct 2019
Good show, really fun to see Ryner and Ferris weird relationship. Also, it's been almost a decade and there's still no OVA or movie just to fill that giant cliffhanger ending?

7/10
Mar 13, 2020 9:50 AM

Nov 2016
The more I watched this series, the greater the frustration that there will most likely never be a continuation.

Would even take a remake hehe.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 14, 2020 11:23 AM

Mar 2018
This was a good show but the ending was really bad. And I'm not really interested in a continuation if it's about saving Sion because he doesn't deserve it. I'm gonna miss Ryner and Ferris though. 7/10
May 13, 2020 3:25 AM
Jan 2020
I wish that they had explained more of the major plot points... I thought to myself "how are they going to clear anything up and come to a good conclusion in just 3 episodes?" and I was right to be skeptical, it felt like I had taken several drugs and decided to write a story. Overall I enjoyed the anime and the lore of the hero relics and the cursed eyes. I just wish that there could be a remake or a season 2 or an ova or a movie or ANYTHING that would pick this back up and pace it better, and go into more depth on the major plot points rather than use the same gag 50 times.
Aug 4, 2020 8:46 AM

Jan 2016
I really liked this! My complaint is the pacing and the fact that they decided to not adapt so many of the novels

I'm a bit torn about what to give this but I'll give it a high 7 as of now because they rushed through the first LN series
Aug 16, 2020 12:15 AM
Mar 2020
Ryner was like lelouch in the beginning but when he started fearing himself and whatnot he became mediocre typical shounen MC letting that weaker sion going over him that frustrated me
With his power ( if he can manage to control it) and his smartness and his ideals about reigning he could make one of the best character
Sep 9, 2022 2:27 PM

Mar 2020
Well here is 2022 ! this anime still doesn't have a sequel so it's going to join the long list of sh*t that are not bad but that never had a sequel.
Yeah, well it's a bit boring but here it is ! I thought the end would be the end of everything but no, there's supposed to be a sequel but it doesn't exist! xD
Sep 15, 2022 7:46 PM

Feb 2009
I can't believe I wasted my time watching this shit, which doesn't even have an ending.
Nov 7, 2022 8:00 AM

Dec 2007
Can't say much about the anime, but the cast was legendary! Ono Daisuke, Fukuyama Jun, Sawashiro Miyuki, Nakai Kazuya, Suwabe Junichi, Koyasu Takehito, Sugita Tomokazu and many more...and just when I thought they couldn't possibly introduce any new charackter with an epic VA......enter Sakurai Takahiro's charackter!
I have never watched anything else with so many legends in one place, mindblowing
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Second season of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes/Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu ( 1 2 )

EsPwnage - Mar 31, 2012

64 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 15, 9:02 PM

» What is the point of making Ferris so annoying?

CrackerSnatcher - Apr 19, 2020

11 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Nov 4, 2010

104 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2010

100 by DKDiabloLicht »»
Aug 18, 2021 8:56 PM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Oosran - Nov 18, 2010

96 by Bananarama_ »»
Apr 16, 2021 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.