Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 28, 2010 9:45 AM

Feb 2010
Well, episode felt a bit rushed, but the overall pace seems about right, we're one third through vol 9, with each volume being 3 episodes, it looks promising enough.
But yay, Touma getting grapped by Mikoto. <3
And Index with her fail-biting, fucking finally! (I absolutly and truly hate her for her biting.)
To all novel readers:
Am I the only one, or did Fukiyose's breasts seem a BIT too big in contrast to the novel?
Nov 28, 2010 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
Lot of fanservice
Lot of touma
lot of Index
lot of Biribiri
Lot of breast

Fun factor>>>> 100%
Nov 28, 2010 10:30 AM
Dec 2007
Xeo said:
Well, episode felt a bit rushed, but the overall pace seems about right, we're one third through vol 9, with each volume being 3 episodes, it looks promising enough.
And Index with her fail-biting, fucking finally! (I absolutly and truly hate her for her biting.)
To all novel readers:
Am I the only one, or did Fukiyose's breasts seem a BIT too big in contrast to the novel?
Not by as much as the fanboys claim. They were just a bit more balloon-shaped.

As for the super-fast pace, if they really want to get to the meat of the Index plot by next season they have no choice but to rush in the more meaningless scenes (meaning almost everything related to Mikoto, yes I just said it, deal with it Railgun fanboys).

Nov 28, 2010 11:00 AM

Oct 2010
Haven't really said my take on this episode but people are missing a nice point around, Touma's father! More precisely like father like son

after he is quite attracted to Misaka's mom despite having Touma's mom getting super angry next to him and did you all see the rack Misaka's mother has? It sure looks promising for Misaka to have bigger breasts in the future. Another interesting things was the stab sword that kills Saints in one stab. Can Touma destroy it? It would sure solve lots of problems should he get rid of even a replica. Now we all know how Touma is a lucky bastard with Fukiyose
I also think Touma knows very well how much times he did that to Index Just he does not remember them all since he had a memory problem.
Leon-Gun said:
Xeo said:
To all novel readers:
Not by as much as the fanboys claim. They were just a bit more balloon-shaped.Really? Oh wow, so she has them Ds! Fukiyose does have her charms, it looks like her character is a don't mind if you look at my breasts. Because Touma looked at her when she was wet to only see her bra but you see here, her reaction was not common like most other girls would be typically in animes. Furthermore her bag throwing towards because her almost naked, looked to me kind of "I do that because I am a girl" thing.
Leon-Gun said:
As for the super-fast pace, if they really want to get to the meat of the Index plot by next season they have no choice but to rush in the more meaningless scenes (meaning almost everything related to Mikoto, yes I just said it, deal with it Railgun fanboys).
Nooooooo! Ok, so can we have those scenes in Railgun? Could they put them in the second season of Railgun? Also can you spoil in regards to what Magnus finds out at the preview for next episode?
Yumekichi11Nov 28, 2010 12:23 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 28, 2010 11:54 AM

Oct 2010
STM said:
Sigh, it's certain. Index has also been hit by the fanservice storm.
Oh well. I guess JC Staff had no choice. They had to make SOME money after all the flops they made. (Kaichou, UraBoku, Ookami-san, Bakuman)
I agree with you, there is too much fan service but it's the pleasant stuff before the ugly as someone mentions how dark it can get. I want to see people die for real in this series!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 28, 2010 2:01 PM

Oct 2009
Nov 28, 2010 7:54 PM

Nov 2010
The series just keeps getting better and better!
Nov 28, 2010 8:34 PM

Mar 2010
Absolutely loved every second of this episode. From the moment I watched the trailer for last week, I knew this episode would be awesome. (^.^) Komoe-sensei needed way more air-time! I wa so glad to see her, and never got a whole, complete scene. Seiri was quite the star stud of the episode. Her and her large chest and all seemed to be the centre of the episode for the most part. Index was hilarious in her scene at the park. Also, when she attempted to bite Touma, but failed. All in all, if you didn't like this episode, somethings wrong with you! :P Absolutely looking forward to the next! (Trailer reveals Touma leaning forward to someone or something!)

grklein said:
I give up, dropped, it's even worse than the first season, it seems that this series will never have any real plot.
:( That's too bad. When it starts to develop in a good sense, hopefully you'll change your mind.

Mod edit: Please don't double post. -Chavez.
ChavezNov 29, 2010 5:01 AM
Nov 29, 2010 2:57 AM

Aug 2009
DeathReaper said:

And anyone notice?

WINDOW 7!!

Anyway to be honest I'm only watching season 2 because I knew Oriana and Fukiyose was going to be animated. WWIII is when it really kicks ass.
Nov 29, 2010 12:16 PM
Dec 2007
SoFarGone said:

Anyway to be honest I'm only watching season 2 because I knew Oriana and Fukiyose was going to be animated. WWIII is when it really kicks ass.
Also, if no one watches season 2, we won't have the kickass season 3. Actually, this series is starting to remind me of Shakugan no Shana, which had a great start, lackluster middle ground, and incredible final stretch.

Nov 29, 2010 1:16 PM

Mar 2008
Ahhh...This time it was weak ep. Next will be better or at least I hope so.

Nov 30, 2010 12:02 AM

Nov 2010
When I first saw Oriana I had so many questions like How does she keep her pants up wearing them like that?,or why does Academy City allow her to walk around town dressed like that?. Actually those are the only two questions I asked.
Nov 30, 2010 4:30 AM

May 2009
Nibbles335 said:
The series just keeps getting better and better!

Hell yeah!, The Level of fan-service keep increasing
Way better than the first season.

5/5

Nov 30, 2010 1:20 PM

Mar 2010
Confucius said:
grklein said:
I give up, dropped, it's even worse than the first season, it seems that this series will never have any real plot.

Go to hell

Confucius says wise words
"It's super milk time!"-Oga Tatsumi

Nov 30, 2010 7:26 PM
Dec 2007
lollypatrolly said:

Why? It's a valid complaint since there hasn't been much of a continuous plot so far, and this episode contained mostly useless fan-service.
Considering this is an inherent flaw in both season 1 of Index and Railgun it's actually more worthy of a facepalm that he saw the series so far.

Dec 1, 2010 3:09 PM
Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Oriana Thomson is clearly the best character in the show. Period.

this.

and why were the committee leaders breast so large?
Dec 1, 2010 6:11 PM

May 2010
grklein said:

What do you consider a real plot?
"I don't need a reason to save someone"

Kamijou Touma
Dec 2, 2010 5:45 PM

Mar 2009
Finally! This is getting into something.
I enjoyed watching this episode very much. Much like I enjoyed Index and Railgun.
Toaru Majutsu no Index/Railgun FTW!
Dec 3, 2010 10:30 AM
Jun 2010
This is turning into the typical JC Staff sequel....no plot and blatant ecchi to try to keep people watching.
Dec 3, 2010 4:56 PM

May 2009
Hageshiikaze said:
This is turning into the typical JC Staff sequel....no plot and blatant ecchi to try to keep people watching.
And it's working. Personally, I don't mind an episode of fanservice and ecchi once in a while. I mean, we've gotten a ton of action already. The story should kick in next episode.
Dec 5, 2010 5:12 AM

Jan 2008
Jrittmayer said:
Hmmm, is it just me or is the whole drama thing between Touma, Misaka etc more exciting than the actual plot ? (Whatever the plot may be XD)

I find Misaka and her group in general more exciting than the actual plot. =/

I absolutely loved the Railgun series, it blew Index out of the water in my opinion. I'm watching this second season to see if it gets better than the first, but this overdone fanservice is just annoying. I have absolutely no emotional investment in Touma or Index as characters. Misaka and the others are the only thing keeping me watching this series at all, but I'd rather they continue with more Railgun.
Dec 5, 2010 10:27 AM
Dec 2007
MistressMorbid said:
Jrittmayer said:
Hmmm, is it just me or is the whole drama thing between Touma, Misaka etc more exciting than the actual plot ? (Whatever the plot may be XD)

I find Misaka and her group in general more exciting than the actual plot. =/

I absolutely loved the Railgun series, it blew Index out of the water in my opinion. I'm watching this second season to see if it gets better than the first, but this overdone fanservice is just annoying. I have absolutely no emotional investment in Touma or Index as characters. Misaka and the others are the only thing keeping me watching this series at all, but I'd rather they continue with more Railgun.
Besides some more details on the Sisters' experiment there's NO MORE RAILGUN. Everything that's Railgun per-se was already covered in Index and it ended with the Remnant arc. There's more with Last Order and new Misaka clones but all that has NOTHING TO DO WITH MIKOTO. When everyone says Accelerator is the hero of the Science side, they mean it.

Dec 5, 2010 4:21 PM

Jun 2010
is it just me or Styl's voice is different from the first series?
Dec 5, 2010 5:14 PM
Dec 2007
lollypatrolly said:

Ugh, if this is true I'm dropping the series completely.
Well, Mikoto won't just drop out of the face of the earth though. But a lot of the main interactions have to do with her romantic tension...well, they can always create more Railgun OVA's for the Biribiri fans, not like OVA's affect the overall plot, filler or not.
Strum said:
is it just me or Styl's voice is different from the first series?
Just you, it's the same seiyuu. I also find it the same, just a little less evilness to it I guess. Last Order also has the same seiyuu too but since she's young her voice changed a little as well. Most of the voice changes have to do with the fact the first season aired almost 2 years ago so it's not that easy to go back to a role after such a period of time.
Leon-GunDec 5, 2010 5:19 PM

Dec 6, 2010 7:55 PM

Jul 2009
Jrittmayer said:

I live for this.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 5, 2011 2:43 PM

Feb 2010
Breast Implants!
Feb 13, 2011 5:11 PM
Nov 2010
Man I'm ashamed of myself cuz I actually enjoyed this episode. Great boobs, I think that was the problem of Season 1, not enough boobs.
Feb 13, 2011 5:37 PM
Jan 2011
Leon-Gun said:
SoFarGone said:

Also, if no one watches season 2, we won't have the kickass season 3. Actually, this series is starting to remind me of Shakugan no Shana, which had a great start, lackluster middle ground, and incredible final stretch.

Well this is show is just faithful to the novels except the angel fall arc. Anyway 3rd season is possible. Shakugan no shana is gonna have one and index novels sell better than Shana. Last 3 books sold about 2 million each and the books are still going. The PSP game sold alot its first week and DVD/BLU RAY sales are better than index 1 so far but a bit behind railgun.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Mar 8, 2011 2:10 PM

Jul 2010
Daiseihai has finally begun, I like! Funny how Touma and Mikoto's parents even met in the beginning. Even though they don't know it yet. =P

Touma was really fired up in the beginning but later on had something else on his mind. That blonde magician who Touma's hand reacted to must have something to do with the trade of the weapon...

I'm liking this arc. It's a mix of shenanigans like the sports festival, but also serious matters like the weapon trade-off.

And how many times has Touma walked into someone changing now? xD

Apr 18, 2011 7:59 AM

Feb 2011
pretty long hair we got their archbishop-san o.o?

mmhhhh i'd like to see a showdown between Oriana and Kaori, it seems the two of them are the most badass looking among magicians.
Nov 14, 2011 3:23 PM

Dec 2009
This season has so much fan service, damn. Can't wait to see Accelerator, Last Order and more Kuroko again, they are the only good things in this.
Feb 12, 2012 12:33 PM

Jul 2010
MorningGlory said:
More Kuroko plszz =(

i was thinking in the last episode that she would be a bit grateful to touma for saving her, but she's the same as ever, which isnt really that bad.

Confucius said:
As long as there is Misaka and Touma moments, the Anime will not fail

This is the best episode so far in my opinion.

I love the part where Misaka steals Touma from Index

Index reminds me of Gluttony from FMA lol

Also, we fans welcome another girl to Touma's harem; if only Mikoto see them nearly kissing...

agree with everyting here, though though if mikoto sees that too many times it will actually get a bit boring.

loved the part though when touma was like "YES would very much like a-" *punch*
DuroDeMatar said:
Pretty good episode, like the Misaka and Touma moments. Next week seems to get serious and interesting.

finally she misses, lol her face after missing is adorable, lol

Apr 24, 2012 1:55 PM

Mar 2012
Introducing the next female antagonist to get punched in the face by Touma... Oriana Thompson!
Apr 25, 2012 1:47 PM

Sep 2011
I love the fanservice in this... this season has been my favorite season thus far (out of the first, Railgun, and this). Railgun was fine and all, but the lack of Index herself made me sad.

Did anyone else notice that when Index misses the (second) bite and accidentally sort-of-kisses Touma, that's the PokéBall return sound? It totally is. And I can now see why that student committee girl made a list of hot anime girls.
May 25, 2012 11:32 PM

Jul 2011
If you're a girl you either love Touma or get punched in the face by him. All the sudden he gets another girl added to the harem and I guess I can't complain because damn that is one hot character design.
Jun 8, 2012 3:44 PM

Nov 2010
Inarius said:
my body wasn't ready

Edit: An image like this can be considered NSFW for some, so please tag it like that next time.

Don't worry. No one was really ready for that. Even when similar incidents had happened in past episodes.
Jun 8, 2012 3:46 PM

Nov 2010
Good thing there have been a lot of westerners appearing in academy city lately. I'm pretty sure that Oriana would not be able to blend in if so well if she was the only blonde British woman in that city.
Jul 6, 2012 8:28 PM

Jun 2012
Okay, why is Mikoto so immature? She likes Toma and she knows she likes Toma, why does she have to deceive herself into thinking otherwise? Toma’s a good guy, there’s no reason to be embarrassed about liking him. She’s so rough, the poor guy is coughing and she’s acting stupid at the thought of simply sharing some of her drink with him. Then, she get’s embarrassed and for lack of knowing how to act appropriately, she shoves the drink in his face. If that’s not immature, then I don’t know what is, which brings me to the conclusion that she is like 10 or something. She acts like she’s in elementary school. God damn it! Why do animes always have to make the girls such shy annoying little b****es? Can’t there ever be a girl that acts normally and is honest with herself and her feelings?

Why was Index changing her clothes in the middle of a public park with the loli teacher? Why not go to the freaking bathroom?!?! Of course Toma is just going to get blamed again for something that isn’t his fault. Stupid animes, why must you be so stupid? Is it so much to ask that an anime make sense for once?

Lol, more Toma harem, why? I don’t know, I guess that’s just what it is. Not that I mind it, tehee… I also liked that blonde, Toma bumps into her and she apologizes instead of physically abusing Toma like they always do. Then she offers a kiss, I lol’d at that part. Awesome character, why couldn’t there be more like her? *sigh* lol, a spell being cancelled turns her on? Haha, I think I’m in love. If only she were real... *sad face*
Never go full retard
Aug 27, 2012 12:21 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
that bite from Index turned into a kiss <333 and first time i see INDEX go all red and BLUSH! I LOVE IT! Great blend of plot and fanservice :D! Index II really good like the first season XD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 27, 2012 1:27 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
@SHADOWFREAK Misaka's a tsundere?? Besides, it's not a matter of immature, but a state of emotion. While Misaka does like Touma, she gets embarassed and "don't feel" she can admit to him. How she's acting is part of her emotion of being embarassed and is not cause she's immature. It's wrong to attack and judge someone cause of how they feel and that it's different than how you think it should be.

Ur second point is more valid, but who caressss.....you're thinking wayyyyy too much lol. It's not ridiculous or beyond reality. While I "would" go to the bathroom to change, I can sorta understand that if there's no bathroom around, and you think no one will see you, you tend to do things...cause you think no one will know.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 29, 2012 7:50 PM

Jun 2009
It was an okay episode, I particularly liked the stuff between Touma and Mikoto. But, recently finishing the first season and then this it's crazy how much the fanservice has been ramped up. Particularly in this episode. I'm not really a fan of that tbh.

Also, where did this dark haired girl come from? It seems like she just randomly appeared. At first I thought she may have something to do with the magicians, but it seems Touma knows her and she seemed just as confused at the end as he did.
Ston3_FreeN7Dec 29, 2012 7:56 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 19, 2013 6:46 PM

Apr 2012
insan3soldiern said:
Also, where did this dark haired girl come from? It seems like she just randomly appeared. At first I thought she may have something to do with the magicians, but it seems Touma knows her and she seemed just as confused at the end as he did.

I had the same question, actually. Now it's been a while since I saw the first season; however, I really don't remember that girl ever making an appearance before. And, if she really is a new character, they certainly did not give her much in the way of an introduction.

Anyway, I like how whoever that magician woman was talking to at the end was concerned about how her saying her name out loud might draw too much attention. I think that her appearance is a lot more of an issue in that department - she certainly stands out in a crowd.
Feb 2, 2013 5:18 AM

May 2012
Great episode, the festival started and there's some deal going on behind it, seems all the characters are laid out already, seems quite interesting lets see what's next!

Also the level of fanservice sure has been raised.
Mar 23, 2013 4:46 AM

Sep 2012
I feel like I will dislike that Oriana girl...
Aug 10, 2013 1:02 AM

May 2013
Hahaha touma always do perverted stuff accidentally hahaha he always bump on boobs and always enter a room where girls are changing clothes
Sep 22, 2013 6:13 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, so much woman flesh for Touma this episode. :D Though the committee girl doesn't even bother to cover up or get angry, that's a nice reaction for a change.
Mikoto <3 Soo fucking cute, especially when it comes to those indirect kisses. :P
Nov 14, 2013 1:29 AM

Dec 2010
I didn't expect such an interesting episode from the Daiseihai, more like I expected it to be a filler, but it's actually great. It was hilarious as well :D
Jun 26, 2014 2:52 PM

Jan 2013
This was hilarious. I really liked Kuroko being jealous xD. And that Index kiss xD.
Aug 1, 2014 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
Target spotted. But she don't seem to be a newbie and she look like she seek fighting.

I can't figure out if Touma is lucky to get into so much lew situations or if he's unlucky to get that much bad aftermaths...

Misaka getting excited for the smallest thing :3
And Kuroko having murderous intent... Touma better watch his back.

That arc is interesting but also seem a bit off. I mean, after that climax from the last arc, it almost seem like an filler arc coming out of nowhere.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 23, 2014 10:52 AM

Dec 2013
That violence towards Touma is not only unfunny now, it's getting annoying. So are these cliche 'accidental' naked girls encounters. Such a forced fan-service. If it's not Highschool DxD, who needs this?
The hot girl is suspicious. Pretty cool arc so far.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.