Forum Settings
Forums

Producer of Marverous Entertainment Resents OreImo Episode 8

New
Nov 21, 2010 6:48 PM

Feb 2008
Slight spoiler of OreImo Ep8!!
Ito Makoto, the producer of "School Days", "11eyes", tweeted that the episode 8 of Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai made him feel quite unpleasant. The episode was about a dispute between an anime producer, who wants to alter the story of the original novel to make the anime more catchy and profitable, and the original author, who opposes to the alternation. Ito said the episode exaggerated the discordance between the two sides and they should not have made it into a joke.

Ito Makoto said:
The relationship between anime producers and original authors is a delicate issue in the first place. Why did they make it more complicated? It's our job to create a cooperative environment with the original authors. It's never occurred in my anime projects that the both sides take a hostile attitude to each other.

Anime director Masunari Koji was also depressed to watch the episode and said "I realized how anime producers are looked by the original authors."

Sources: Ito Makoto's twitter, Masunari's twitter
dtshykNov 21, 2010 8:38 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2010 6:54 PM

Aug 2009
make the anime more catchy? It is fine the way it is.
Nov 21, 2010 7:09 PM

May 2009
SoFarGone said:
make the anime more catchy? It is fine the way it is.

Not Ore Imo, but it's the storyline of the anime within the anime.

Well, finally. You have no idea how annoyed I get when the source material is very well-done and the anime turns it into an ecchi-fest.
Nov 21, 2010 7:13 PM

Apr 2010
lol isn't this like the fourth or fifth news story involving Oreimo? quite the controversial title...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Nov 21, 2010 7:35 PM

Oct 2007
Needs more incest.
Nov 21, 2010 7:35 PM
Mar 2010
Neverarine said:
lol isn't this like the fourth or fifth news story involving Oreimo? quite the controversial title...

you noticed this too? i think it is all for publicity sake but I don't really care since it is a good show.
Nov 21, 2010 7:39 PM
Sep 2009
Guy produced 11eyes and School Days...nuff said.
Nov 21, 2010 7:44 PM

Feb 2009
Goosey said:

First thing I thought when I read the article. Seriously, this guy is complaining about other series?
Nov 21, 2010 7:52 PM

Jan 2010
Everyone loves drama
Ok™
Nov 21, 2010 8:01 PM

Jul 2007
dtshyk said:
Ito Makoto, the producer of "School Days", "11eyes", tweeted that the episode 8 of Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai made him feel quite unpleasant. The episode was about a dispute between an anime producer, who wants to alter the story of the original novel to make the anime more catchy and profitable, and the original author, who opposes to the alternation. Ito said the episode exaggerated the discordance between the two sides and they should not have made it into a joke. Anime director Masunari Koji was also depressed to watch the episode and said "I realized how anime producers are looked by the original authors."

Sources: Ito Makoto's twitter, Masunari's twitter

This makes me incredibly sad. Kirino's a spoiled obnoxious cunt who wants everything her way. I was actively rooting for the anime staff to talk sense into her.

I might as well make my peace right now. Kirino is one of the worst characters ever put to anime.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Nov 21, 2010 8:07 PM

Oct 2008
Kipcha said:
First thing I thought when I read the article. Seriously, this guy is complaining about other series?

...Through Twitter. He complained about an episode of a TV show through twitter. That's ALL he did, nothing else! *laughes*

He didn't write a 10 page essay on how insulting it is to use the interactions of between different people in an entertainment industry as a satircal plotline. We're talking about a f**king tweet on an anime show, which is similar to ANY anime fan commenting about an anime show!

Splitter said:
This makes me incredibly sad. Kirino's a spoiled obnoxious cunt who wants everything her way.

Kirino is a 14 year-old girl who gets to buy whatever she wants out of the money she earns from modeling. Does that help explain things?
HypeathonNov 21, 2010 8:13 PM
Nov 21, 2010 8:22 PM

Nov 2007
im glad they realised how the origanal authers look at the adaptionists maybe they will actuly follow the storyline a bit more since they realised there fuck ups

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Nov 21, 2010 8:35 PM

Jun 2009
can some one tell me what was different about it, also why is it the manga and light novle shonen and the anime is senien? or why is it that they are classed as that in that data base?
imperlastNov 21, 2010 8:38 PM
Nov 21, 2010 8:38 PM

Jul 2007
Hypeathon said:

Kirino is a 14 year-old girl who gets to buy whatever she wants out of the money she earns from modeling. Does that help explain things?

She's an A student, the star of the track team, a model, a diehard otaku, an author, and yet she still finds time to lay about the house.

No, I'm sorry. Not buying it. This is like the antithesis of Bella Swan. Instead of a character adored for doing nothing, we now have a character adored for doing more than is physically possible.
Nov 21, 2010 8:40 PM

Feb 2010
dtshyk said:
anime more catchy and profitable.

oh yeah!!
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 21, 2010 8:49 PM

Apr 2009
I resent OreImo 8, not for the same reasons as this guy, but because I was thoroughly reminded of Bakuman, and how terrible that anime/manga is.
Nov 21, 2010 8:50 PM
Jul 2008
Making a big fuss about something like this. They really do make an effort to criticise oreimo ne?
Nov 21, 2010 8:53 PM

Oct 2009
Goosey said:
Nov 21, 2010 8:56 PM
Dec 2007
Oh, so now directors are crying because a show might get into some anime fans the idea that, OMG, fans might actually be better off with a more accurate adaptation of the original ! Every manga/LN reader will totally shed a tear for you fucktards...tears of laughter that is.

Nov 21, 2010 8:56 PM

Oct 2008
Splitter said:
She's an A student, the star of the track team, a model, a diehard otaku, an author, and yet she still finds time to lay about the house.

No, I'm sorry. Not buying it. This is like the antithesis of Bella Swan. Instead of a character adored for doing nothing, we now have a character adored for doing more than is physically possible.

Whatever, just spare me the exaggerated rage over an animated character, please? I've seen enough of anime fans getting bent out of shape over trivial things after listening to the rantings of a 2 hour audio track of an Evangelion missionary who's mission is to make a utopia on how to watch a TV show. Jesus.
HypeathonNov 21, 2010 9:03 PM
Nov 21, 2010 9:10 PM

Jul 2008
Producers AND Authors have it tough, eh?
Nov 21, 2010 9:13 PM

Jul 2007
Hypeathon said:
Splitter said:

Whatever, just spare me the exaggerated rage over an animated character, please? I've seen enough of anime fans getting bent out of shape over trivial things after listening to the rantings of a 2 hour audio track of an Evangelion missionary who's mission is to make a utopia on how to watch a TV show. Jesus.

I'm sorry, who responded to who now? If you want to leave it with "whatever", don't respond in the first place. I'm not going to stop speaking my mind because you don't like it.

I'm a critic. I analyze what I watch and pay attention to the details. I make note of the pros and cons of any given series. To me, like any TV show or movie or book, it's not just "simple entertainment" to me. I'm not telling you how to watch the show, or that you shouldn't even like the show, but don't try to start something you can't finish.
Nov 21, 2010 9:23 PM

Nov 2010
Oh, the drama XD

despite the fact that the guy did the school days anime, i think he may have a point, no one likes being portrayed as the bad guy. but sometimes you just gotta take the hit and laugh it off
Nov 21, 2010 9:24 PM

Jun 2008
Goosey said:

LOL I didn't even bother to read the rest when I first read he produced 11 eyes and School days xD

Nov 21, 2010 9:31 PM

Dec 2008
cr4sian_phil said:
Needs more incest.

thats a messed up fetish u have there. but who am i to say anything. have fun doin ur sister lol

--
The episode generalized Anime directors and i would be surprised if someone didnt get mad about that. But then again, a Director did produce this episode, im sure they had a really long talk about the process.

Maybe connection to what happened with Ore no imouto?
Nov 21, 2010 9:39 PM

Feb 2010
Total fail. I sense people regretting this in the next few weeks.
Nov 21, 2010 10:31 PM

May 2009
anime_rulez71 said:
Goosey said:

LOL I didn't even bother to read the rest when I first read he produced 11 eyes and School days xD
He'd probably do well to tweet less and focus on improving his craft a bit more.
Nov 21, 2010 10:45 PM

Apr 2009
just stupid argument

how many ppl actually thinks what happen in anime is actually happening in reality?
Nov 21, 2010 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
After checking out this episode I'd see if I agree with him or not.
Nov 22, 2010 12:45 AM

Dec 2006
I thought this was about something sexual/violent but "working relationship" ?

Nov 22, 2010 12:47 AM

Nov 2007
Big lol @ his name.
Nov 22, 2010 1:03 AM

Oct 2009
I kinda like OreImo the way it is... sure Kirino's obnoxious but the show sends good vibes for some reason...

Off topic but it's kinda funny imagining anime directors and creators watching animes and dissing them isn't it? xD
BADGES
Nov 22, 2010 1:28 AM
Mar 2008
To be fair School Days without the Nice Boat ending wouldn't be memorable at all. And it had some basis in the original VN. (Even though none of the endings play out exactly like that.)

11eyes however... yeah that was a pretty bad adaption.
Nov 22, 2010 2:03 AM

Aug 2009
"marverous"?
Ha-cha!
Nov 22, 2010 2:21 AM

Apr 2008
Nov 22, 2010 4:49 AM

Mar 2008
cr4sian_phil said:
Needs more incest.

That's all I care about :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2010 4:53 AM

May 2010
Kipcha said:
Goosey said:

Hmm ...
Nov 22, 2010 5:05 AM

Nov 2008
after i've watch it i'll give u guys my opinion
Nov 22, 2010 6:37 AM
Nov 2010
Well, the joke here is that this doesn't happen in the novels, so much for all that "sticking to the original work" this episode was about, but it was obviously approved. The novels wrote about kirino's work being stolen and is completely different. Such irony....and that director is taking this too seriously, since this anime DID change during adaptation.

(I personally hoped for the original, though. One point I would agree with the director is that this wasn't very well done. But nice try.)
Nov 22, 2010 7:58 AM

Apr 2009
it's not something bad to complain about
Nov 22, 2010 8:11 AM

Nov 2008
kaminakun said:
cr4sian_phil said:
Needs more incest.

That's all I care about :)

Yes, it does need more incest and more hybrid tsundere/yandere Ayase however the anime is entertaining as it is and the producers need to get a sense of humor, no reason to get butthurt. Also, both 11eyes and School Days sucked pretty badly.

Nov 22, 2010 12:08 PM
Oct 2008
dtshyk said:
Ito Makoto, the producer of "School Days", "11eyes"

Wait... the producer of School Days is named the same as the main character... never saw it coming...
Nov 22, 2010 12:24 PM
Aug 2008
Three_Leaf_Ivy said:

you sir/madam, wins the thread.
Nov 22, 2010 12:40 PM

Feb 2008
did people forget they are watching a fictional story? they could make light of people who are dying of cancer...wouldn't make any difference to me.
Nov 22, 2010 12:58 PM
Jan 2008
Meh, needs more Kuroneko than anything. She's the lifeblood saving factor of this show for me at least...

I really don't understand why they'd get their panties in a wad for getting nitty gritty with part of the animation production process - I mean, if Ito Makoto thinks that this is going to cause further tensions between authors and anime producers, isn't it being truthful then? If that's not at all the case, why care at all what they do - it's an ANIME; Anime BREATHES caricaturization in pretty much everything!
Nov 22, 2010 6:10 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Splitter said:
Hypeathon said:

Nothing is physically impossible. I'm an A student with 3 part-time jobs and I'm a die-hard otaku. Have a problem with that? Oh and I'm a avid fantasy/SF book reader, computer gamer and TCG player too. Nothing is impossible if you have the right conditions.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 22, 2010 9:22 PM

May 2010
Excuse me while I laugh at his name and the fact that he's the producer of School Days. x)

love is such a strange thing
but with you, it doesn't matter

Nov 22, 2010 10:13 PM

Jun 2008
I watched the episode and I truly agree with it..

I don't know your opinion coz its YOUR opinion in the first place..
The reason I agree with him is because they don't need to take the topic too much deeper and make it complicated.

Visit our website at http://www.animeotakucorner.com
Nov 23, 2010 8:52 AM

Jun 2009
Three_Leaf_Ivy said:
No wonder.

Nov 24, 2010 2:13 AM

Aug 2009
I laughed at this thread, since no-one seems to catch how controversial this issue is.

It's like, 'Original episode, about original anime ruining the original novel, ruined the original novel.'
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
10 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
12 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.