Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 9, 2010 9:02 AM
Jun 2008
Ganryu-sama will be more cute if he is a girl(tomboy) ><
Nov 9, 2010 10:47 AM

Aug 2009
tsubasalover said:

And to garfield15: I'm a "she" not a "he".

F***, I need to actually look at profiles more...
Nov 9, 2010 12:10 PM

Nov 2008
Young Mamezo is cute..
Nov 9, 2010 12:11 PM

Nov 2007
garfield15 said:
tsubasalover said:

And to garfield15: I'm a "she" not a "he".

F***, I need to actually look at profiles more...

How many males out there will come out and say "I <3 Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!"
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 9, 2010 12:44 PM

Nov 2009
yea i totally think ganryu sama is a crossdressing girl. that would actually redeem him i think....and yea i think the woman was their mother because the man with the pitchfork said "matricide monsters" matricide implying that they murdered their mother. but yea their background was mad sad also. i love all the girls and actually i really like mamezo better after this episode. i thought he was kind of creep always groping agemaki but its all good.

shanimebib said:

How many males out there will come out and say "I <3 Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!"

and yea thats exactly what i thought....haha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2010 1:04 PM

Jun 2010
I was looking forward to this episode, I was slightly disappointed because there werent any action but it was nice to find out more about the twins. This episode really had such nice images on various scenes *_*
Nov 9, 2010 3:45 PM

May 2010
good ep
more story for the twins
their childhood, all of the girls were cute xD
liking them more lol

~Nyaaa~

Nov 9, 2010 8:56 PM

Apr 2009
relaxing episode with a good backstory~
Ganryu is a crybaby forsure too (:
Nov 10, 2010 1:21 PM

Mar 2010
Every girl has such an fucked up backstory in this anime.

Doesn't make me love it any less.

I guess (if next ep's preview is anything to go by) we're going to get into backstories of men in following eps, starting with Riken
Nov 12, 2010 9:12 PM

Mar 2009
that Ganryu dude is such a whiner.
Nov 15, 2010 10:40 AM

Nov 2008
Pretty good episode; not much happened, but it appears that they're setting up more of the plot, so I'm looking forward to it.
Nov 16, 2010 10:23 AM

Jun 2008
mizsphinx said:
Those pumpkin twins are so adorable. They just make me smile everytime I hear them talk.

Indeed. And they where so cute as kids. What a lovely but sad story they had.

mizsphinx said:
I did not like when Kushimatsu denied Zakuro the knowledge she requested...if indeed, in later episodes it's revealed that had she told Zakuro at the time, some evil could have been averted, I'll be really pissed off.

I was thinking exactly that. I hated when people know the truth and just don't speak sooner until something bad happens. There better be a very strong reason why nothing can be said now.

mizsphinx said:
Ganryu needs to grow up, such a wuss. Come on, a pair of twins simpering over you 24/7 and you shout at them because they saved your lucky ass? Please, do grow up.

Many are saying that but i think there are two points you miss. First for a man protecting the girl or girls he loves is a basic instinct and something that defies him. For a male this is very very important and am saying this to you because you are a female. If a guy isn't protective he probably doesn't love you that much. I know you girls now at modern times like to feel independent and all that in effect losing the understating of this but taking that from a man is devastating because that's our basic way of showing how we care by being able to even sacrifice our life to protect the girl we love. It absolutely defies us. That's an instinct women don't really have. Yes they can sacrifice themselves for love too but is not a defying characteristic and important to there existence.
So he ain't sad about being protected by girls but because he was unable to protect the girls he loves. There is a big difference there. And also he did apologize for being a little moody.
Second he was a little angry at them because they risked there lives. It's an absolute horror losing your loved ones because they had to protect you. So much so when you feel like you are the one who should be protecting them like guys feel. To make you understand it's similar to a mother losing her child because the child protected her than her protecting it. Isn't it natural for the mother to feel frustrated about it when she was the one supposed to be protecting it.
Males feel the same for there girl. Don't forget that women easily put the love for there child above there lover while men don't do it so easy. For them many times is still equal.

mizsphinx said:
Agemaki is such a nice guy...I'm glad he's not an Usui-type (Kaichou wa Maid Sama) and that he has his weak points and strong points. Would love to see more of his cowardly and hilarious antics around other demons he's afraid of.

Can't wait for epi 7! :)

Indeed. I usually dislike this bishounen kind of characters. But Agemaki isn't acting like a pompous snob at all and nether plays the all perfect god like Usui did. Hell Usui was even being kind of evil with his teasing and all.
Agemaki really is a character i can like, his very human funny and warm as a person unlike all the usual other bishounen type of guys.
Also is nice that he doesn't have other stupid characteristic pretty boys in anime sally have, like putting his hands over his face in certain style or touching his hair and other annoying staff.

Well in general this episode was a little slow and maybe not as exiting but it had it's interesting points, it expanded on the image of the girls and built the atmosphere for following episodes. Also as always it was cute and smoothing to the heart.
MonadNov 16, 2010 10:29 AM
Nov 19, 2010 8:10 AM

Jul 2010
This episode was great because of the amount of plot and character development. It was a bit slow, but when the BluRay comes out and you are marathoning it, this episode will be a nice breather!
Nov 19, 2010 11:57 AM

May 2010
oh my... i loved the story of Hozuki and Bonbori... it's just too sad, tugged at my heartstrings.. O.O

the scene with the pendant was nice.. agemaki, you gentleman, you.. why am i reminded of tamaki? without the 'i am king' attitude, of course..
Nov 19, 2010 4:39 PM

Nov 2007
Blah @ everyone. Kushimatsu is being a bitch for no reason. Just tell Zakuro already!

Psh, how did Agemaki manage to fix that necklace? Can he solder with his hands?

Anyone know how many eps this show'll have? I'm hoping 12.
Nov 30, 2010 6:21 PM

Mar 2010
I really enjoyed this episode despite its slow pace and calm atmosphere. I'm usually one to complain about boring episodes but im starting to enjoy them more and more. Especially this anime. Looking forward to the next!
Dec 6, 2010 1:28 PM

Aug 2008
Hozuki and Bonbori looked so cute and pitiable as kids. I wonder if that woman was actually their mother or some other relation to them. That's probably the saddest part of the story. They'll probably never know who that woman was or why she helped them.

Dec 19, 2010 4:06 PM

May 2008
Such a cute episode, I love it a lot~
Jan 14, 2011 7:11 AM

Nov 2008
Dear God, Ganryuu was so damn annoying in this episode, what a shitty emo.
Nice flashback, the directing was quite good for this sequence, but the rest was either meh or annoying. Plus their faces were badly drawn, it was almost laughable.
May 18, 2012 9:50 PM

Nov 2011
Such a cute ending, I smell love in the air (:
Mar 8, 2013 6:38 AM

Feb 2010
bah... Ganryu is no strange to me. He means well, but is confused. Just think. In androcentric society a man, an officer, is not supposed to be protected by a woman (and his charge at that) and helplessly witness her take a beating for him, but more so, every boy wants to be strong. Feeling bad because you aren't, is not necessary vanity or pride, but also a feeling of responsibility that just became too big for your shoulders - can make one depressed and worse. Monad made good points above.

Agemaki on the other hand is older and easier on himself for his failures. But shame aside, Ganryu also feels for the twins and their hard life. If he cries, then there is much emotion going on inside him. But since the twins made it more clear, maybe they will get better understanding. I believe Ganryu is a fast thinker and will come up with something next time.
I'm sure the woman was their mother, trying to raise them secretly. Now, keeping secrets from girls at this point is hardly doing any good.

The twins are just adorable. I also like RickertSuskihotaru pairing very much, but Agemaki is closer to me personaly. Rooting for them getting more dere with Zakuro. I don't realy like tsunderes.. but then, I do, when it's not being mean on purpose and is paired with true dere. *sigh* Anime wins, I fall for tsundere card again.
burbelsMar 8, 2013 7:01 AM
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Mar 13, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2013
Ugh Ganryu, please return to your easily-flustered self. The twins don't deserve your emo'ness. I understand he wanted to protect them, being a man and an officer but he was up against a giant youkai spider. A youkai spider. Hozuki was right to restrain him, he would have just gotten in the way of Bonbori.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jinjos - Oct 11, 2010

74 by DarkSageRK »»
Yesterday, 4:17 PM

» It was only the perfect anime for the first two episodes until....

Kiryotsu - Jan 31

2 by lifeandstories »»
Feb 1, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 18, 2010

70 by CalmTeaTime »»
Dec 11, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jinjos - Oct 4, 2010

162 by CalmTeaTime »»
Dec 11, 2023 3:17 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 27, 2010

123 by Dawizz »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.