Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Princess Jellyfish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2010 4:34 PM

Jun 2008
alright first episode, it looks like Mayaya is going to be quite an annoying character in the series, at least for me.
Oct 15, 2010 6:02 PM

Jan 2010
This is certainly "best show of the season" material. Or it has the potential to be at least; hopefully the rest of the the series is as good as the first episode. Anyway, I can't stop watching the opening and I've watched the raw 3 times now. By the way, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Mr. Cross-dresser is hot and that he and Tsukimi have good chemistry!
Do you know Oyashiro-sama?
Oct 15, 2010 6:04 PM

Feb 2008
I'd been looking forward to this anime, and the first ep was pretty good. Looking forward to next ep!
Oct 15, 2010 6:05 PM

Nov 2009
-KamioRika- said:
By the way, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Mr. Cross-dresser is hot and that he and Tsukimi have good chemistry!

Oh so I'm not the only one! Same thing here~
At first I was like ヽ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ. But then I was like ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌.
Oct 15, 2010 6:13 PM
Dec 2008
An anime for ugly bitches. lololololol
It's so bad. Aside from it moving at a snails pace and all the attempts at humor being a miss. The premise is outplayed.
Everything about it was terrible.
Oct 15, 2010 6:21 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I'm planning to give this 10/10 is this keeps up.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 15, 2010 6:24 PM

Oct 2007
cyanidehappiness said:
It's so bad. Aside from it moving at a snails pace and all the attempts at humor being a miss. The premise is outplayed.
Were just sitting on a Disney's throne while watching this show or what?

It is a show about what it is about and I don't have to go around and shouting "Yes! no MOE shit!" or "OMG, Original!" or any shit like that.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 15, 2010 6:55 PM

Dec 2009
Fantastic first episode. Tsukimi is fast my favourite character, such a hilarious personality. I also enjoyed the ED as well. Most anime's ED and OP don't move me to listen to them completely but this one has. Can't wait for ep 2! :)
Signatures were meant to be:

A. Flashy (40% of MAL users)
B. Creative (56% of MAL users)
C. Cool (4% of MAL users)
D. None of the above (your signature)

Oct 15, 2010 6:59 PM

Nov 2009
-KamioRika- said:
This is certainly "best show of the season" material. Or it has the potential to be at least; hopefully the rest of the the series is as good as the first episode. Anyway, I can't stop watching the opening and I've watched the raw 3 times now. By the way, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Mr. Cross-dresser is hot and that he and Tsukimi have good chemistry!

You are definitely not the only one! Anyway, great first episode. Can't wait for more.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Oct 15, 2010 7:14 PM
Dec 2008
Siva said:
cyanidehappiness said:
Were just sitting on a Disney's throne while watching this show or what?

It is a show about what it is about and I don't have to go around and shouting "Yes! no MOE shit!" or "OMG, Original!" or any shit like that.

Disney? are you kidding me? This menial piece of shit show is like a PG 13 movie and you're acting liek it hard core. You're acting like it's a gangsta. This anime is soft as fuck nigga.
Oct 15, 2010 7:25 PM

Jul 2009
Disney? are you kidding me? This menial piece of shit show is like a PG 13 movie and you're acting liek it hard core. You're acting like it's a gangsta. This anime is soft as fuck nigga.

Well sorry it's not moe moe with bouncing boobs.
Don't have to complain about it like it's the end of the world because it wasn't what you expected/wanted.
Oct 15, 2010 7:42 PM
Dec 2008
Fierfoksz said:

Don't have to complain about it like it's the end of the world because it wasn't what you expected/wanted.

Mmm? I hate that moe moe shit. Derp
I wasn't expecting anything. Of course this would be fodder for ugly girls. I just wanted to see how trashy this shit was. And it registered pretty high on the shit meter. Not complaining merely giving you my opinion.
Oct 15, 2010 7:44 PM

Jun 2010
lol wtf kinda funny
Oct 15, 2010 7:46 PM

Jan 2010
cyanidehappiness said:
Fierfoksz said:

I wasn't expecting anything. Of course this would be fodder for ugly girls. I just wanted to see how trashy this shit was. And it registered pretty high on the shit meter. Not complaining merely giving you my opinion.

You hate that moe shit? Judging from your list, it would seem that you like moe and bouncing boobs.
Oct 15, 2010 7:54 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, just saw this one. i say great stuff. i always love anime that comes with change of pace. and this one is exactly that.

5/5 for episode 1. this season just got even better :)

also, hanazawa's voice, OMG, every time I listen to her voice, i can't but fall for her <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 15, 2010 7:59 PM
Apr 2009
Loved it! I'm quite relieved that it was worth the excitement I had about it. I was worried since this is the only anime that stood out at first glance to me for this season.

Plus... star wars in the op? hell yes! :D
Oct 15, 2010 8:01 PM

Mar 2010
Star Wars and a Heidi reference? I already like this.
Gotta love traps.
Oct 15, 2010 8:01 PM

Apr 2009
I can see that most of the characters are going to annoy me and that I'll be unable to sympathize with them. I'm interested to see where this is going though, and the production values are good. Enjoyed both OP and ED songs.

Tsukimi looks like the kind of girl who can easily become pretty/princessy if she dressed well and let loose her hair.
Oct 15, 2010 8:09 PM

Nov 2007
I love it. Amazing anime is amazing.
Oct 15, 2010 8:49 PM

Jan 2010
Quite different from how I imagined it, but I really liked it.

I hope it goes in a good direction, at this point it seems like it will. A little too otaku for my taste, but I suppose that's a main focus of the story.

Wow, that ED theme. That's for sure one of my new favorites.
shellybellOct 15, 2010 8:53 PM
Oct 15, 2010 9:49 PM

Jan 2010
Incredibly enjoyable...there really needs to be more Josei anime.

That and [gg]'s subs were hilarious...adding in hipster made my day.
Ok™
Oct 15, 2010 10:48 PM

Feb 2010
5camp said:
NOITAMINA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fuck man, anime would be a depressing place without that timeslot

Indeed. Noitamina gave me the best animes this year, so far, and it continues doing that. Love it.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 15, 2010 11:30 PM

Jun 2009
another anime about OTAKU life this season,,,,I love FALL
Oct 15, 2010 11:44 PM

May 2009
Nice surprise as I completely forgot about this one. Looks like it'll be a fun, heartwarming show.

Tsukimi is certainly interesting. Cross-dressers are a dime a dozen, but jellyfish otaku are hard to come by lol. And it's probably safe to assume that Tsukimi's mother is dead and she probably died when Tsukimi was a child. It'll be interesting to see how the guy's presence will influence/change her.

And I loved this line by Tsukimi:
"Mom...there are princesses in Tokyo. Strong, beautiful, manly princesses."

Also, that was one epic OP indeed. Hands down the best this season.
Oct 16, 2010 12:14 AM

Jun 2009
lol @ Alps no Shoujo Heidi reference. Anyway, I thought this was gonna be boring but actually it was quite amusing especially when tsukuimi turns into nerd mode.

So is this that kind of show where the the main girl becomes beautiful at the end?
Oct 16, 2010 1:01 AM
Oct 2009
OP was good. Premise looks interesting. I'm going to watch this show.
Oct 16, 2010 1:02 AM
Jun 2008
Thank goodness for this show. At least I know I can survive this season now.
Oct 16, 2010 2:45 AM

Dec 2009
Wow, I really love this. It's comedy with some touching moments. Will this be the best show this season? I think it will.

(Bakuman is overrated)
Oct 16, 2010 2:48 AM

Jun 2009
aallie said:
-KamioRika- said:
By the way, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Mr. Cross-dresser is hot and that he and Tsukimi have good chemistry!

Oh so I'm not the only one! Same thing here~

Same here! :) He's kinda hot.
This show looks interesting. Looking forward to next ep!
Oct 16, 2010 3:00 AM

Nov 2007
My life would be seriously incomplete without the noitaminA timeslot. They never fail to deliver.
The Opening and Ending were both simply amazing and the Heidi reference was hilarious.

So far I enjoyed this Anime the most in this season. Yes, for Josei!
Oct 16, 2010 3:11 AM
Dec 2009
tbh i never knew this was a Josei Anime as i tought it was Shoujo instead and i'm not so sure about giving this sort of genre ago as this is my first time watching anime that contains Josei as a genre, also i have never read much of it from manga either so do you think imight be able to like this anime?

Oct 16, 2010 3:25 AM

Feb 2010
interesting start trap otakus definitiv promising :P
Oct 16, 2010 4:00 AM

Mar 2008
I'm really loving this so much!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2010 4:02 AM

Jan 2009
The op sequence took a lot of reference i see, but overall i like it so much xD
Oct 16, 2010 4:13 AM

Jul 2008
Finally a good parody series to mention, Kuragehime.

FFF that jellyfish, too adorable. <3
ZeinoOct 16, 2010 4:17 AM
Oct 16, 2010 4:50 AM

Oct 2007
cyanidehappiness said:
Fierfoksz said:

So in your opinion, if the characters in the show look ugly and moe that mean the show is a crappy shit? If that is the case then it makes sense to me now.

Oct 16, 2010 4:52 AM

Jan 2010
kandiiyuutaamu said:
tbh i never knew this was a Josei Anime as i tought it was Shoujo instead and i'm not so sure about giving this sort of genre ago as this is my first time watching anime that contains Josei as a genre, also i have never read much of it from manga either so do you think imight be able to like this anime?

Watch it! Don't pay attention to the genre. If you like the way the summary sounds, then watch it. It's good. It may be the best anime this fall season.
Oct 16, 2010 4:55 AM

Jan 2010
Siva said:
cyanidehappiness said:
Fierfoksz said:

So in your opinion, if the characters in the show look ugly and moe that mean the show is a crappy shit? If that is the case then it makes sense to me now.

Yup, God forbid having normal, relatable looking people. Because this is anime, so that means that characters HAVE to look extremely cutesy and good. /sarcasm
Oct 16, 2010 5:34 AM

Mar 2010
Guys, stop falling for obvious trolling.
Oct 16, 2010 5:49 AM

Jun 2009
love it XD~..

I'll do things just like you Yakuza!
Oct 16, 2010 5:57 AM

Nov 2008
Oresund said:
Xardie said:
Guys, stop falling for obvious trolling.

fucking this

what a bunch of idiots you are by arguing with that guy lol
Indeed. cyanidehappiness is a regular on Spam, the lair where MAL's worst (and best) trolls live.

Anyway, copyied from what I said in one of my clubs:

Very good first episode, probably the best first episode, actually.

I had high expectations and this show isn't disappointing so far.

Tsukimi may also make it onto my favourite character list because she is adorable in a nerdy way and jellyfish are awesome.

I will still need to see more before I can say this is the best anime of the season, though.

Also, after watching Bakuman 02, it's now above Bakuman in my rankings and therefore it is my favourite anime so far.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Oct 16, 2010 6:21 AM

Oct 2007
Like I give a damn about him being troll or not. As long as I am not stupid enough to keep replying 10 pages long, I am fine with what I am doing.

Oct 16, 2010 6:23 AM

Dec 2009
...loved it too...
Oct 16, 2010 8:31 AM
May 2010
The first episode was brilliant. I was right when I said this was the anime to watch this season.
Here's some of my thoughts on the episode. Hope you enjoy the read!
Oct 16, 2010 9:00 AM

Sep 2009
It's been a while since the first episode of something has had me instantly hooked.
Oct 16, 2010 9:07 AM

Jul 2009
first time watching something new like this... the OP and ED are awesome.

loved it. Also Hanazawa Kana. :D
Oct 16, 2010 9:15 AM

Aug 2008
1) Cool opening.
2) This girl's eyebrows are fantastic.
3) You're not a transvestite, but you just like wearing women's clothes? I'm going to assume that was a subbing error. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

I also forgot about this show. The characters are already pretty exhausting besides Tsukimi and the tranny (far better title than Kuragehime), so I hope they do something to make them less one-dimensional soon. But since it's 11 episodes, I doubt it. It just seems like another average otaku show for the season. Slightly better than the one about the guy who has to rescue girls' hearts.

All that said, it's nice to see the adolescent, vaguely misogynistic, troll rage I've been missing since Angel Beats.
Oct 16, 2010 9:18 AM

Dec 2009
Really good start. Really, really good. Might be this season's best show.
Ara ara.
Oct 16, 2010 9:18 AM
Dec 2008
Siva said:
cyanidehappiness said:
Fierfoksz said:

No. Don't try to draw intelligible conclusions when you are retarded.
The show is shit because there is simply nothing good about it. Just fodder for ugly girls who want to fuck a gay dude.

Yup, God forbid having normal, relatable looking people. Because this is anime, so that means that characters HAVE to look extremely cutesy and good. /sarcasm

They aren't relatable, unless you're a fat ugly girl looking to fuck a tranny. The characters in this show are meant to be losers and I hate them for that. It's a matter of personal opinion, and you're trying to draw conclusions that aren't even slightly correct. Even based on my list. No cutesy moe moe bullshit, and I really don't give a piss how a character looks. It doesn't matter it's a drawing.
OxicotonOct 16, 2010 9:21 AM
Oct 16, 2010 10:07 AM
Sep 2009
cyanidehappiness said:
Siva said:
cyanidehappiness said:
Fierfoksz said:

No. Don't try to draw intelligible conclusions when you are retarded.
The show is shit because there is simply nothing good about it. Just fodder for ugly girls who want to fuck a gay dude.

They aren't relatable, unless you're a fat ugly girl looking to fuck a tranny. The characters in this show are meant to be losers and I hate them for that. It's a matter of personal opinion, and you're trying to draw conclusions that aren't even slightly correct. Even based on my list. No cutesy moe moe bullshit, and I really don't give a piss how a character looks. It doesn't matter it's a drawing.

*Sigh*
Okay, this show isn't for you, we get it. Now, would you stop slinging shit at it and trying to instigate people who actually like this show. Just because you can't relate to the characters doesn't mean other people can't. It's fine if you don't like the show and to share your opinion, but there is a difference between sharing your opinion and being an arrogant prick who steps on other peoples opinions, you're guilty of the latter.

Now, to the episode. Now the most riveting first episode of the season, but it sets the foundation of what could be the season's best. There is just massive potential here, it'll be interesting to see how Kuranosuke will effect Tsukimi and the other tenants, and how he manages to even stay. Being directed by Omori Takahiro, I have high hopes for this one.
NeverKnowsBest26Oct 16, 2010 10:10 AM
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

232 by Dripz2012 »»
Mar 17, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 18, 2010

133 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 4, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

magelet - Nov 11, 2010

168 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 4, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2010

163 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 4, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jinjos - Oct 28, 2010

132 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 3, 3:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.