Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 20, 2018 3:05 PM

Feb 2018
His laughter combined with his face sticking out between the curtains was hillarious.
Aug 11, 2019 5:57 PM
Apr 2016
So, that's nice, he managed to get his parents' permission. His uncle's workplace, huh, that sounds interesting.
Dec 6, 2019 8:12 AM

Mar 2015
Nice episode, looks like they have a base set up!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 27, 2020 6:17 AM

May 2018
Nice! With Mashiro's uncle's studio now acquired, things have set sail ;)

lol that laugh in the nurse's room
Jan 6, 2021 1:10 PM

Jul 2017
Great episode yet again. Nice to see Moritaka's dad and grandfather be understanding of why he's so committed to wanting to become a mangaka, even to the degree where Moritaka's grandfather handed him the keys to his son (Moritaka's uncle)'s studio for him to be able to draw manga professionally there. Men have dreams that sometimes they need to give their all for and seeing how Moritaka was always a kid lacking in ambition and motivation, this could be something that kickstarts his life into second gear.
Jan 17, 2021 10:33 PM
Oct 2019
Shuujin, with his head poking under the curtain, pausing to take in what Saiko just said, and then busting out laughing... great stuff.

A mangaka studio eh? Interesting. Very cool of the grandfather.
Jun 2, 2021 9:27 PM
Sep 2019
I started watching this show to see how manga is created, but sexism in this episode was almost unbearable.

Mom's character is the worst, always nagging, and same was nurse.

And the way they described classmate girls on the roof scene was just terrible.

Hopefully these guys will have some character development about how they see girls but honestly I doubt.

And lastly "men have dreams that women won't understand" wtf honestly who wrote this lol

I think I am gonna drop it once I learn how manga is created unfortunately
Jun 23, 2021 9:58 AM

Jan 2020
Ah yes......young'uns aiming for their dream......

Mashiro's dad is still a mystery....

Takagi is one of the rare type of friends in reality
Oct 11, 2021 2:03 PM

Dec 2007
from one point, this episode contained a lot, on the other side the pace is really terrible.

the chat in the nurse room xDD
takagi is sure great character, build up the whole comedy in this series.

the roof talk showing that ohba is writing the lines closely like DN lol.

kinda sad saiko doesn't never really talks to his father.
in some weird way it's really like hikaru's father in hikaru no go, obata's influence?

kinda know saiko's starting reading manga like this, happen to me all the time with DN.

the end is surely hype, damn this anime is addictive ><
Jul 11, 2022 9:46 AM

Nov 2018
It's far more likable than I expected so far, although everything is really too easy for main character so far.
I hate everyone equally
Aug 31, 2022 6:06 PM
Aug 2022
in my opinion this is something that fits really well, between a character who is naive (wants to be the best mangaka in the world) and also a realistic character, this also relates to the real life of a mangaka who may be worse than what is depicted in the anime, in my opinion it is worth it to watch, even though this is classified as an old anime.

for the characterization of each character is good, especially Shujin and also Saiko, the chemistry is suitable, (although in real life I don't know people who are smart in academics in the real world are actually relaxed or serious, maybe this Shujin is enjoying life more,

For Saiko who said he wants to get married, it must be a natural thing when we are still in school and like a woman.

the point is for those of you who want to make a career in the world of manga or anything else, this will be suitable.

Oct 11, 2022 2:44 AM
Jun 2022
"Let him be", "Men have dreams that women don't understand".
I guess many or some can relate to this episode because our mother sometimes disagrees with us, but our father agrees and supports us. We just need to take the courage and tell our parents what we want to become in the future.
Oct 15, 2022 5:41 PM

Jan 2020
I'm glad Moritaka took advantage of his uncle's studio. Might as well make use of all the advantages you can get. Especially in such an competitive field.

It was a bit jarring that Moritaka's parents had such significantly different opinions. Especially the way he was selling them as a hurdle. His mom basically said no outright, and yet still caved a bit upon his request. Then his dad immediately encouraged him. So, I'm not sure if that's convenient or what. Either way, it seems like he has a complicated relationship with his family. Hopefully things get better with time.

Other than that, it was rather funny how Takagi didn't even know what a storyboard was.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 9, 2022 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
I like that Moritaka's desire to become a manga artist was discussed with the family. This episode told the hard truth about the difficulties of a stable and healthy career as a Mangaka. How lucky is it that Moritaka was handed down the studio and apartment of his late uncle.

Akito is so adorable, I love him! : )
Mar 24, 2023 4:44 AM

Jan 2014
oh jeez please tell me this gratingly inane sociological pontificating is going to occur at a lesser rate from here on out 
May 1, 2023 2:46 AM

Aug 2019
how does Moritaka actually not have a conversation with his father ever? I hope there’s a legit reason told in the future

but overall I’m already enjoying this show quite a bit
Jun 4, 2023 2:42 PM

Dec 2022
Another great episode
Sep 2, 2023 6:35 PM
Jul 2017
let's see where the story goes
Dec 2, 2023 7:37 PM
Dec 2023
❤️miho azuki
Mar 2, 12:12 PM
Oct 2021
let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.