Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 8, 2010 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
My, how their blood glows! Animation could have been better really. I hope they show the quality the first PV promised later on, otherwise it'd be a shame. Decent start I suppose. Itou Kanako delivered, which is the best part of the episode.

Next week comes the only character I care about in this show =D.
Oct 8, 2010 2:29 AM

Sep 2010
W00t it has been subbed
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=163640
No seeds online atm though, curses

EDIT: Seeds came online, hooray
glitch_collectOct 8, 2010 2:33 AM
Oct 8, 2010 2:42 AM

Aug 2010
glitch_collect said:
W00t it has been subbed
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=163640
No seeds online atm though, curses

EDIT: Seeds came online, hooray

WOw and I just checked a minute ago LOL Thank you!
Oct 8, 2010 2:44 AM

Oct 2008
If you go on gg's website it's up for DDL btw
Just in case torrent download is slow
Oct 8, 2010 3:01 AM

Aug 2008
After watching it subbed, I was quite disappointed... I just wasn't feeling anything from it, but can't pinpoint why. Apart from a couple of diagonal angles I didn't mind the animation, and as I said above, the first ED was brilliant and the op was good.

Hopefully it gets better, but for now I'm starting it at 4/10...
Oct 8, 2010 3:34 AM

Dec 2009
While the animation was lame. I fangirled at almost every scene <3...
UNCENSORED version where ! *rage*
Oct 8, 2010 3:35 AM

May 2010
I think it proceeded to the story quite fast... I had to read a little around to understand what's going on.
I like the atmosphere and the characters, but the animation was a little poor. The blood should have been darker, for example.
Other than that, so the whole anime is just a fighting-tournament where you gotta kill your opponent? I hope it has some good plot twists.
Oct 8, 2010 4:26 AM

Sep 2007
It wasn't even the blood that bothered me with the animation, instead it was the way the characters looked. It seemed unstable, like the animation didn't flow as well as it could have. Shiki looked great, when he entered I felt they drew him well, but the others... not so much.
I haven't read the manga or anything so I don't know what to expect. I like shounen-ai so I will give it a chance, but I hope this will be better than Uraboku which I wasn't able to finish :P
Oct 8, 2010 4:28 AM

Aug 2010
Yuki_Giou said:

Other than that, so the whole anime is just a fighting-tournament where you gotta kill your opponent?

No. We will see more character development and Akira will slowly find the secret of the group commanding Igura/Toshima. The ending depends on which route they will choose from the game, which is probably Shiki's true ending, since it reveals the full story (except for some secrets about Nano I think) and apart from the rape scene it isn't gay (and since they want to remove the yaoi from it...)
Oct 8, 2010 4:32 AM

Feb 2010
Gonna give it 3 episodes try, if it keeps beeing boring like this i drop it
Oct 8, 2010 4:37 AM

Apr 2009
Disjointed pacing. I felt like I was watching a Powerpoint presentation of whatever backstory we need before the main plot kicks in.

The blood didn't bother me that much. The entire color palette is rather limited, and the pure red makes a nice contrast with black / dark gray scenery.

I agree about animation quality... I expected more judging from the trailer.

Either way, it's not bad, I'm waiting for next episode >.>
Oct 8, 2010 4:52 AM

Jun 2008
PockyMonster said:
Like many other TnC fans, I have been waiting FOREVER....
And besides the animation (I hope it improves later on), I fucking LOVED it! <3333
Honestly, I can die happy now. OP and ED were amazing,

*goes back to watch it again*
Chalis said:
Shiki. SHIKI. <3

Fffffuuu-- I can't help fangirling over this. I've waited so long, my days of being a fujoshi are all coming back to me.

agreeeeeeee!

Ok, the animation isnt so good as the game or doesnt reach the level of the manga, but after reading sooooooo many yaoi mangas of Togainu, all i wanted was to see SHIKI. He´s hot no matter what, and im still jumping of joy just to see him. And the OP where he is close to Akira, omg, perfect! cant wait to see the storyu development and also, more of SHIKI, ofc~;D *nosebleed*

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 8, 2010 4:54 AM

Jun 2008
It feels like this show was created to show bishies to fangirls and not to be an interesting show. And since am nether female or gay, i will probably drop this.
Oct 8, 2010 5:32 AM

Aug 2008
I have just finished the first episode and i can't wait for the next . I like the bishies, Shiki is probably going to be one of my fav. charachters. I don't care if people call me fangirl, but I still like this series.
Oct 8, 2010 6:07 AM

Jun 2009
huhu Rin is not in this episode D: But I see Rin in the preview :3 It was okay, the animation and art was pretty awful. I mean, can't they draw properly? I just hope they fix the animation in next episode. Oh yeah the censorship. Why did they censor the bloody stuff??! Just hope next episode will be good.
jjihhyeOct 8, 2010 6:22 AM

Oct 8, 2010 6:29 AM

May 2008
kinda creepy guess ill watch on =D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 8, 2010 7:20 AM

Mar 2010
awww !!! such an awesome anime!!!! i fell in love with it
Signature deleted for exceeding the maximum size restrictions.

Oct 8, 2010 7:50 AM
Sep 2007
its seems kinda interesting, but isnt really for me, I think ill watch next epiosde also.. blood was like tomato juice lol.. and I think one part was censored, where few were killed by katana xD
Oct 8, 2010 7:54 AM

Mar 2010
That was just made of epic epicness. ♥♥♥

I couldn't help but cry fangirl-tears of joy during the whole show. :')
I waited ages for this. <3

Well.. I don't really care for animations THAT much, so it's ok with me.. But I'm kinda surprised that people compare the anime with an powerpoint. ?!
It really didn't seemed that bad to me.. ó.O
Also the redish blood.. It seemed like an nice contrast to the grey background to me. I don't think it was a mistake or something.. It was wheather on purpose, to stand out between other gory animes.

Otherwise.. I loved the background music. ♥
It was always so fitting. Really great !

I'm sooo waiting for next week.. This seems like my new all-time-favorite besides Death note. ♥

Oct 8, 2010 7:57 AM

Dec 2009
alwaysbored said:
While the animation was lame. I fangirled at almost every scene <3...
UNCENSORED version where ! *rage*

Why draw such beautiful boys, only to make them move like robots.... *sigh*

Anyway... since I've only read the ZERO version, this episode seemed to be half backstory, which was kind of nice. I wonder if the show made sense to people who haven't read any of the manga? It might seem kind of random....
Oct 8, 2010 7:59 AM

Sep 2009
possibly one of the best series this season has to offer.

now...some screens

Oct 8, 2010 8:03 AM
Jul 2008
wat trash
Oct 8, 2010 8:09 AM

Jan 2010
HNNNNNNNGH THE SOUNDTRACK. ♥

Surprisingly enough, I'm really enjoying this. :'D The only thing I dislike is the color of the blood, it's way too bright. But oh well, it's not like that's gonna end up affecting my enjoyment or anything~
Oct 8, 2010 8:16 AM

Oct 2008
Well... Like other people I have been waiting for this for a long, long time. I was really excited because I thought this could be really good. Maybe my hopes were too high?

As other people have said, the animation was total crap. I am exceptionally disappointed because I expect better from A-1 and especially aniplex (does anyone know if it's a joint project or if it's just A-1 that did the animating?), and I just don't have any hopes for it getting better since the first episode is supposed to be where you put out your best stuff, right? All I saw was sloppy cell-colouring, inconsistancy in shape and angle all over the place, and a frame-rate so low I could literally see where they'd left out parts of the movement -_-;;; Did A-1 put too much money into Kuroshitsuji? What is this? I expect this stuff from Studio Deen but A-1/Aniplex???

This is a game/anime about fighting, so you'd THINK the fighting would be intense but not so. The blood colouring I can see as an effect and appreciate, but when it rained at the end and the blood just... sat there in a lump completely not reacting with the rain... why even show it raining on the blood if you're not going to animate it, seriously.

Otherwise I'm pleased that they seem to be keeping in all the BL so far..? It's pretty much exactly the game script (minus the ridiculous and impossible to read descriptions) which is good. If only the animation was better.

The animation in the OPENING was good, IMO. However what's WITH the music in this show? The game had a great soundtrack, why not reuse it? Is there some issue with the rights? I want to hear some BGM from the game, and some of that hard guitar stuff. Sorry I'm not a fan of that visual-kei-style music >_>;; Is it only me or are the theme songs way too bland for this series?
Oct 8, 2010 8:17 AM

Jun 2010
The main character and his friend blushing looked totally gayy. XD But didn't seemed like they had sex or anything. Compared to 99% echi fan service Highschool of the dead, this yaoi fanservice was too weak and c'mon only one scene ? That sasugay guy was awesome with his blade and sharigan eyes. lol and his coat. I think there is something special about the main char's red eyes on the buttom. Also that girl who took him out looked like she had that red line on her eyes. Granrodeo OP was awesome. and it made me think of the last epic OP from blassreiter which was also Granrodeo's. =D Then I thought that Sasugay looks like the main char from Blassreiter. I think it's the same artists.I can't wait to see that blonde shota char in the op. hope that sasugay makes out with him.
pieceofshotaOct 8, 2010 8:21 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2010 8:44 AM
Mar 2008
I had really low expectations for this based on the preview, so I was pleasantly surprised.
Auuugh, I /love/ Toriumi as Akira! Wish he was less of a silent type, haha.
Oct 8, 2010 8:45 AM

Dec 2008
PockyMonster said:
Like many other TnC fans, I have been waiting FOREVER....
And besides the animation (I hope it improves later on), I fucking LOVED it! <3333
Honestly, I can die happy now. OP and ED were amazing,

*goes back to watch it again*

^ +1
Gwen's sideburns were pretty impressive! LOL!!
Oh, Akira! Oh, Shiki!
Oct 8, 2010 8:55 AM

Apr 2010
Shiki = <33
He is more than amazing. And his eyes are really beautiful.
I paused the video a couple of time just to stare at him.
It's only the first episode and I already love him, which is bad. Everytime when I start to like someone that much, he gets killed.
I hope that he doesn't end up like that...
Anyway, I need the next episode now.
Oct 8, 2010 9:26 AM

Jul 2009
Is this some kind of yaoi? The whole episode had that shounen ai feeling... (NO, it's NOT only because of when he says that they need to do sth they cant do there. i actually lol'd then)
Oct 8, 2010 9:32 AM

Sep 2009
Raph95 said:
Is this some kind of yaoi? The whole episode had that shounen ai feeling... (NO, it's NOT only because of when he says that they need to do sth they cant do there. i actually lol'd then)

well the series is shounen ai (bl), and is based on a Yaoi game; so yes, you're not the only one getting that vibe...but I watch it for the action....same as with uraboku
Oct 8, 2010 9:36 AM

Feb 2010
Raph95 said:

therefore you better check the tags before watching a show :P
Oct 8, 2010 9:41 AM

Aug 2008
Just a little observation:

The ratings for Togainu no Chi on MAL already show a load of 10's followed by a steep drop off of barely any 9's or 8's only for there to be loads of 7's and 6's.

This is something that happens with every BL anime, Junjou Romantica and Kuroshitusji being the two most recent examples. If it has BL, the fans of the genre will instantly spazz out and rate 10 across the board. While this does happen in other genres as well, it's nowhere near as pronounced anywhere else as it is in BL.

Anywho, the episode itself. Animation was the worst I've seen in years but the story is kinda interesting
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Oct 8, 2010 9:43 AM

Jun 2008
it was alright. not really that great in terms of animation and the blood was meh.

hopefully it'll get better
Oct 8, 2010 9:49 AM

Mar 2008
lunix3 said:
That was just made of epic epicness. ♥♥♥

I couldn't help but cry fangirl-tears of joy during the whole show. :')
I waited ages for this. <3

Much like this. I mean, come ON. This was great. Animation sucked a little, I agree, but other than that, hell yes, I'm gonna watch this and drool?
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Oct 8, 2010 10:02 AM

Jun 2008
5camp said:

The ratings for Togainu no Chi on MAL already show a load of 10's followed by a steep drop off of barely any 9's or 8's only for there to be loads of 7's and 6's.

This is something that happens with every BL anime, Junjou Romantica and Kuroshitusji being the two most recent examples. If it has BL, the fans of the genre will instantly spazz out and rate 10 across the board. While this does happen in other genres as well, it's nowhere near as pronounced anywhere else as it is in BL.

Anywho, the episode itself. Animation was the worst I've seen in years but the story is kinda interesting

The 7's and 6's are the users that watched the first episode and criticized it as an anime like they do with other shows. The 10's are all the female fangirls that start getting wet and having multiple orgasms watching a bishie yaoi looking show and give immediately a 10 no matter what.
Oct 8, 2010 10:23 AM

Jan 2009
Umm does someone know where I can find this UNCENSORED?! Damn! But great episode, Shiki is smoking! *__*
Oct 8, 2010 10:39 AM

Jun 2009
Good anime looking forward to it. And the censor took really much of the spotlight there :P

Oct 8, 2010 10:45 AM

Apr 2010
5camp said:

>rating anime on the first episode.
wat

Also, dem censors.
I was expecting a different kind of censor.
Oct 8, 2010 10:48 AM

Aug 2010
nitaroxxs said:
Umm does someone know where I can find this UNCENSORED?! Damn! But great episode, Shiki is smoking! *__*

Yes, when the DVDs come out.
Oct 8, 2010 10:56 AM

Aug 2008
Ridiculous, but the ED by Itou Kanako is epic!
Oct 8, 2010 11:21 AM

Mar 2008
I suspect there to not be much BL scenes in this anime at all. Even before this, all the H stuff was cut from the PS2 version of the game. Judging from how the animation hides the killing and the blood, there's not even hope that they'll leave the H stuff alone.

There were at least two instances in this first episode where I thought should have had H related content. The first was when Akira and Keisuke were in the room telling what happened and saying goodbye, and the second part was when Akira encounters the mysterious strong guy and while Akira had the blade up to his chin. Seriously, the mysterious guy held Akira's chin upward using his sword, so that he can see how tempting Akira's neck was. It reflected through his eyes. I even felt the lust at that moment, and I seriously hoped that he was gonna suck on Akira's neck like a vampire cause he's got the red eyes too. But disappointment never fails.
Oct 8, 2010 11:29 AM
Feb 2010
Blood is a bit too fake, but o well, finally see some blood from A-1 Pictures :p. Fake blood better than nothing :D.

But besides that, well op and ed was very nice and plot looks interesting, although a bit cliched.
Oct 8, 2010 12:32 PM

Jun 2008
Monad said:

The 7's and 6's are the users that watched the first episode and criticized it as an anime like they do with other shows. The 10's are all the female fangirls that start getting wet and having multiple orgasms watching a bishie yaoi looking show and give immediately a 10 no matter what.

Wow, what a...curious way to say things. It is actually not exactly like that. lets see... the 6 and 7 must be from people that dont enjoy blood and violence, or guys that actually think this is a yaoi, which isnt, this is shounen~ai and doesnt have yaoi scenes. And there are a lot of shounen ai that boys watch too, like Kuroshitsuji.

As a yaoi fangirl(yes iam one;D), i wouldnt give it a 10 just because i love the characters and shounen~ai. It takes more than that to give a 10. Probably those girls enjoyed the whole story.

About the "getting wet and having multiple orgasms", im sorry to disappoint you but girls are not like boys, it takes much more to stay like that. Also, if we girls have to see all the damn ecchi scenes with huge boobs and other stuff, in almost all animes, (not to mention Highschool of the dead) which is like WTF for us and we dont say a word, so
we actually deserve to have our fangirl moments watching animes with hot guys, since they are very rare.
i actually think this is an anime that can be enjoyed by boys as well, since it has good action.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 8, 2010 12:37 PM

Oct 2008
The scene transitioning felt a bit off for me. D:

7/10 just for the pretty boys and potential homolust heehee.
Oct 8, 2010 1:02 PM

Feb 2009
Pheefa said:
!!!!!! GAAAAAHHHH !!!!!!!

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━!!!!!
My excitement is justified. Been waiting YEARS for this...

GRANRODEO is also my favourite band... seriously fangamsed to hell at the opening

I was really hoping to watch this live, but I was in uni at the time. Stoopid time difference...

Anyhoo..... *fangasms*

+1 =w=
I never thought that they will anime it, but they did yay!
Originaly I don`t have any ''big'' expectations of it, but i don`t care rly, its Togainu no Chi so I love it no matter how it is! <3
Not to mention the voice actors *fainths*
ShinshokuOct 8, 2010 1:05 PM
Oct 8, 2010 1:05 PM

Mar 2008
Orulyon said:

About the "getting wet and having multiple orgasms", im sorry to disappoint you but girls are not like boys, it takes much more to stay like that. Also, if we girls have to see all the damn ecchi scenes with huge boobs and other stuff, in almost all animes, (not to mention Highschool of the dead) which is like WTF for us and we dont say a word, so
we actually deserve to have our fangirl moments watching animes with hot guys, since they are very rare.
i actually think this is an anime that can be enjoyed by boys as well, since it has good action.

above is THE MOST INTELLIGENT post I have ever read on MAL!! I 100% agree, and it included everything I want to say.
nau-yOct 8, 2010 1:09 PM
Oct 8, 2010 1:05 PM

Nov 2009
personally i don't rate things on my watch list. There is nothing wrong doing so, but i just feel that there is no way you can give it a rating without the whole picture, especially one episode.

As for the show, i have not heard anything about it, and as a man i wasn't excited over the yaoi. That said, it looks like potentially a good show, but they just have not explained enough in the first episode to get any idea of the plot. Not bad if you don't compare it to the numerous better starts of this season.
Oct 8, 2010 1:31 PM

Jun 2008
Orulyon said:
Monad said:

Wow, what a...curious way to say things. It is actually not exactly like that. lets see... the 6 and 7 must be from people that dont enjoy blood and violence, or guys that actually think this is a yaoi, which isnt, this is shounen~ai and doesnt have yaoi scenes. And there are a lot of shounen ai that boys watch too, like Kuroshitsuji.

As a yaoi fangirl(yes iam one;D), i wouldnt give it a 10 just because i love the characters and shounen~ai. It takes more than that to give a 10. Probably those girls enjoyed the whole story.

You say you ain't crazy enough to just throw a 10 simply because you see bishies on the screen. Well if that is true then what is your problem? You shouldn't feel offended like you seem to be since obviously my comment doesn't involve you. Right?

Then according to you, 6 and 7 is from guys who think it's yaoi or people who didn't enjoy it. I believe you need to go and check the MAL rating. If someone disliked it completely it gives 2 and 3 not 6 and 7. So the users that give 6 and 7 are users that saw flaws but definitely aren't in any hate spree just because of the bishies. So yes they are the most logical viewers.

Orulyon said:

Goes check own rating of "Highschool of the Dead".....oh look it's a 7. Yeah am a straight male that loves seeing female flesh but it seems i still wasn't blind enough to give it a 10 just for fanservice when it was a 6 or 7.
So you see the problem here isn't if you deserve your fangirl moments, it's about considering them as a masterpiece of 10 and if am not mistaken that's what we were talking about. The rating.
Since as you say this is an anime and not a yaoi show then it's score should reflect it's quality as an anime. I can understand a yaoi show getting a 10 for being full of awesome bishies and all that, since such a show it's judged by the levels of fun male fanservice it provides and the score it gets reflects a completely different way of scoring that a normal anime. But an anime that's supposed to not fall in the hentai category has to be compared with a normal scoring system that reflects other anime and getting a 10 simply for the bishies is ridiculous.

BTW before i close the post, you do realize that boys are physically incapable of being wet and getting multiple orgasms since it's strictly a girl thing, right? Was your brain shut off when you where writing that "girls are not like boys" comment?
MonadOct 8, 2010 1:37 PM
Oct 8, 2010 1:38 PM

Apr 2009
I'm disappointed, not a bit but wholly.
I have yet to complete the game, but I played it for some time and truth be told - it was okay. At least the story wasn't rushing somewhere and thus the pace of action was quite well-done. And here? The story (or its scraps) is rushed, you can't even grasp what exactly is going on and animation is... well it looks like its tenth anniversary is right round the corner. And it applies to not the animation alone, but to the the art style altogether.
I'll give it a second chance - hopefully the second episode won't suck as much as this one did...

Oct 8, 2010 1:45 PM

Jul 2009
Well the way I see it is that each individual decides the criteria for their ratings. My own ratings are purely based on enjoyment. For example, I gave Sengoku Basara a 10. Do I think it's plot is a work of genius? Definitely not, but at the end of each episode I was laughing like an idiot and anxiously waiting for the next episode like a druggie who needed a fix XD.

There are many anime series that I appreciate in terms of the sophistication of the writing, or the depth of the character, but I'm not going to rate it highly if I didn't enjoy the experience of watching it. Isn't the first purpose of anime to entertain, and not to make critics out of all of us?

So if a fangirl decides she enjoys this series enough to give it a 10, then more power to her.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 23, 2010

130 by yveltalkyogre »»
Feb 25, 2022 8:50 AM

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

59 by Arzoden »»
May 22, 2020 6:40 PM

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nightrays - Nov 18, 2010

61 by Arzoden »»
May 19, 2020 2:34 PM

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Nov 11, 2010

83 by Arzoden »»
May 19, 2020 2:11 PM

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2010

56 by Arzoden »»
May 18, 2020 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.