Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
May 1, 2014 3:43 AM
Aug 2013
KAICHOU WA MAID SAMA

Story: 8
Art: 7
Music: 7
Character: 9
Enjoyment: 10

Overall: 8.2
May 4, 2014 7:05 PM

Apr 2014
nice ending. i love it. 9/10.
May 8, 2014 12:30 AM

Jan 2014
NarTaco said:
I loved the ending, it was so cute. <3
I really really wish they make a second season. Aiii *blush*. But even this one was superb! Loved it! <333
Jul 2, 2014 7:42 AM

Jun 2013
so i just finished watching this anime and whenever i finish one i always have the tendency to look into the character profiles to take one last look at them before i move on to a new anime. if you can see on Usui's profile that there are a number of spoiler tags, and i recommend you not to click on them unless you read the manga. i don't read manga, yet i still had the absolute stupidity to bring myself to a whole world of regret, just from a click of a button. why am i making a big deal out of this? i am up at midnight wide awake after making a mistake that'll permanently effect me for life, and i can only help but share this experience that many others may have also dealt with.

now i can only hope for a season 2 to fulfil the uncompleted scenes that i am imagining in my mind. if not i will be stuck on an endless cliffhanger. yes there is always the option of reading the manga, though i do not find it as "fulfilling" as the anime. it does save me from the bother of the anime missing parts from the manga that many of you people went through though. i think i typed out most of the thoughts running through my head. just don't do something as stupid as what i did; you'll regret it.

spoiler tags are hypocritical deceivers. the editors have to put another spoiler tag inside to prevent idiots like me from making regretful mistakes
Aug 13, 2014 7:41 PM

Feb 2013
censcella said:
They should make a season 2 ;_;

and I have a feeling the special would be

:c
Aug 15, 2014 12:25 PM

Feb 2014
I loved this anime but i didnt really like the ending , i mean it was good but a thing is not clear , what's their relationship after the confession ? The episode suddenly ends after the confession , hmmm i was a bit disappointed .... i give 9/10 otherwise with a better ending 10/10.
Aug 27, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2008
This ending was pretty much perfect. And I do not mean this lightly. The moment she caught his hand, the momend she said he is the only one that makes her heart race, the moment they kissed and hold hands - all anime should aspire to be as close to the sweet ending that we got here.
A few last episodes I wasn't really happy about but this ending just made it all worth it for me. I couldn't even watch anything else today because this ending was constantly on my mind.
Trully beatifuly, sweet, cute and tearjearking moment. And I'm not even a bit ashamed to say that I cried when they finally confirmed their love for each other.

It's good that there aren't many endings as good as this one or else I would literally break.
Sep 11, 2014 1:38 PM

Apr 2014
To those saying the ending was perfect, didn't you feel like it was a little...abrupt. I dunno. The actual kissing/confession stuff was awesome. But then she's like "I hate you"...they walk outside, and it cuts to the credits. Bleh.

I just feel like they did so much build up and I never really got a sense of release for their feelings. I know in the moment they kiss and she starts pouring out her feelings, okay. But I guess I just wanted more. I dunno. Fack.
Oct 17, 2014 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn, That was sooooo cute :3
Misaki went full dere and a bit tsun at the very end. And Usui... Fuck man, I'm a straight male and he make me moist ( ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)

Anyway, really loved the ending, it had a lot of devellopement because even if it was in her own tsundere way, she became honest with her feelings.

Of course, they were getting all the attention, that flashy couple. Usui trying the jealousy tactic, it was a fair attempt.

Now I want a second season too... And an after-story T_T
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 25, 2014 12:52 PM

Jun 2014
Throughout the whole series, Misaki hasn't been very honest with her feelings. She is finally able to finally understand her situation and come out with her true feelings.

Nov 27, 2014 11:15 PM

Sep 2014
I guess the ending was okay, I was already thinking there would be no development whatsoever, till the end. Glad I was wrong. At least at the very end she's honest.

As for the series as a whole, was fine, but that's about it. Honestly, it just gets repetitive at times. The whole 'Misaki tries hard to help someone, screws it up at the end, usui comes and saves her, she blushes while mumbling thank you' got boring after a while. She was clueless about him way too long. It's hard to even call it slow-paced because it basically has little to no development for 25 episodes and only changes in the last one.
It was fun at times, but as I said it does get repetitive. Main characters aren't anything special either, especially the oh-so-perfect Usui always there to save the day.
5/10.
ImaishiNov 27, 2014 11:21 PM
Dec 8, 2014 3:30 AM

Jul 2014
Why is this ranked so high in popularity?

I enjoyed it overall. I think it had a lot of funny moments and some touching moments, but the plot BARELY progressed. They could have actually highlighted that Misaki is helping take care of the family, the dad left, they could have put some emotion into that. What the heck is Usui's story? We got absolutely no background on him except that he lives alone. Then they threw in the random childhood friend for added drama when we know he isn't going to win, but he is constantly doing the same thing in every episode he is in. Anyway, those things really frustrated me. Especially how Usui would say some cutesy cheesy line, Misaki would blush, rinse and repeat episode after episode.

I loved the comedy parts, the story had some really fun moments, I loved the three idiots whenever they were on I would almost always smile. The trap kid, I forget his name, was actually a really fun character too. I loved all the employees at the cafe, they were beautiful and really fun too.

Ah well, I'm sure the manga goes much more into stuff, but I don't think the anime got me interested enough to go through the entire manga.

Overall, its not a bad anime - and I guess I can't complain because it is a shoujo. Literally the epitome of shoujo.
Mar 25, 2015 8:38 AM
Jan 2012
Edit: I am told that Misa and Usui date and get married in the manga. I guess I'll have to read that then.

I have to agree with those of you who said the ending is to abrupt. The end was solid but left much to be desired. It's been 4 years since the anime finished so I doubt there will be any other episodes/OVAs/specials etc. but it would have been great if there was at least an episode or 2 showing what happened to Misa and Usui and how their relationship progressed in college or marriage or at least see them on a couple of dates. While Misa says she love Usui in the end, I really can't see how that relationship will work out. All we see is Usui protecting or teasing Misa, but we really don't see them interact in any really normal way.

Also on another note, after finishing the series, I realized how much I dislike pretty much all of the characters except Misa and even Misa started to get annoying when they kept emphasizing how bad she was at reading people. Usui was originally cool but then became too perfect. He had literally had 0 flaws in the series. I could not find a single one. I mean he acts like a pervert or clueless but its clear he does it on purpose just to flirt with Misa.

Finally, did anyone catch that Misa and Usui are the two most popular people in school and are now in a relationship. It is as cliched as you can get. Even Hinata, the underdog, was the most popular person in his middle school and is still really popular in high school. It is so difficult for most people, including myself, to relate to this story, it really bothers me.

TL;DR: Can't see how this relationship would work out, Usui is annoyingly perfect, plot is cliched. Overall 6/10.
ravis51Mar 25, 2015 8:43 AM
Apr 12, 2015 11:18 AM

Dec 2014
I LOVED THIS SERIES SO MUCH!!! SHIPPED SO HARD. 10/10
Apr 30, 2015 5:36 AM

Jan 2012
My rating is that it is an ok anime. I liked watching it once, but I am very unlikely to watch it a second time.

Good Parts: A Female MC that could hold her own. Instead of Misaki needing to be rescued constantly, she saves herself in most cases. It was funny, not Gintama funny, but as funny as rom/coms get. The comedy added impacted the series significantly and made watching it enjoyable/ prevented boredom. I liked the characters and character designs.. though not super original, they were at least likable.

Bad Parts: It was lacking emotional depth. It was really hoping for at some point the anime to get a little deeper and maybe even cry or something.. but it never really broke out of that cliche rom/com format. I've literally seen every scenario for each episode and plot development 10 times. Its old and tired already. Even the maid twist wasn't used very effectively. It could have been used for bigger complications in the story or better for the comedy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2015 6:13 AM

Jul 2012
The anime overall was fine, the ending was okay. Misaki has finally shown what she really feels but there was not much emotion throughout the episodes. It was more comedy than romance.

6/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jul 4, 2015 12:12 PM

May 2014
She still didn't say she loves him! Oh, screw it! Misaki was always annoying but I never could hate her. I guess that's the charm of a tsundere >_<

Overall, I really enjoyed this anime even though I don't like episodic storytelling.
Aug 13, 2015 10:18 AM

Jun 2012
Some episodes were plain boring. I couldn't connect with some of the characters, so a 6/10.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Sep 5, 2015 8:28 PM
Sep 2013
Great ending, for the first 32 chapters of the manga. Probably wont be a season 2 because of the way they ended the series. For those that was expecting a "I like you too" at the end, you can forget about it.

SPOILER:

It takes Misaki a very long time in the manga to confess her feelings toward Takumi. But who will she end up with? Did I spark your interest? Then... READ THE MANGA STARTING CHAPTER 32. =D
Oct 8, 2015 5:56 AM

Oct 2013
very, very predictable, yet cute nonetheless... which essentially describes the entire show.

I liked the first third or so a lot, but it seems after that it really lost its charm. There were episodes and moments I enjoyed quite a bit, but an even larger number of episodes that bored me. Beyond the first few episodes, it's cliche, predictable, inconsistent, most of the characters don't matter or aren't especially likeable, the comedy isn't even that funny (I don't understand how people found the "idiot trio" worth more than a couple chuckles), and the production values are quite low. However, I rather liked it despite all that purely because it was cute and the leads are quite likeable. I hated Misaki at first, but she really grew on me.

I like shoujo now and then, but this one is DEFINITELY targeted towards girls. This show really would've benefited from more moments of intense drama.
ZadionOct 8, 2015 6:00 AM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 17, 2016 8:50 PM

May 2015
This was a good anime. I sort of expected more from the ending, but it didn't detract much from my enjoyment.

If I had one gripe to say, I would have liked to have seen a backstory for Usui's character. Even though the relationship between the two felt genuine, he came off as an enigma throughout the entire series. Maybe I should read the manga. :3
Feb 29, 2016 5:00 PM

Jan 2015
This was driving me nuts but it finally happened :D
Apr 6, 2016 11:44 PM

Mar 2014
Superhuman Tag-team ~ !? That's the compatibility now ~ .
Usui is just more dominant that Misaki is . Clueless is not what you want for girls.
There goes the PERFECT EPISODE for them ~ . <3 . Such a confession ~ .

Man .. It was entertaining overall ~ . Although , Shoujos like this were common nowadays , I felt the difference from understanding their interactions ~ . Yeah, It was humorous too !! Emotions you can really perceive when you watch this :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2016 10:00 PM

Jan 2014
FINALLYYYY A PROPER ENDING TO A ROMANCE ANIME

brb melting into a puddle *u* sighhhhh usui~~

9/10 just because of this ep c:
May 8, 2016 6:46 PM

Jul 2015
Cute ending, but I sort of expected a little.. more. Has anybody noticed the ending and how its about Usui? Yeah, I thought we'd learn a little more about him, but to this date, he is still anonymous.
May 16, 2016 4:33 PM

May 2010
To be honest, this episode didn't really feel like the final one, scene with kiss was rushed, and they really wanted to show all characters within these 20 minutes. I also love how they adapted some manga scenes into ending songs and they never made it to actual series, lolz.

Overall it's a cliche, mediocre shoujo anime, seeing its quite high score on MAL I expected something a bit better. Or at least funnier.
Still, I can't say I didn't enjoy it, because it had some moments, supporting cast was really great, I loved especially last few episodes with Hinata <3 Music and animation were okay-ish, nothing special, I guess.

I can tell just from watching anime, that it's not a perfect adaptation, too much filler content, they should have adapted more episodes with some actual plot instead. And in a good order.
Oh well, I've spent some good time with this series, maybe I'll try manga in the future. Since I was never fan of tsundere characters, I was worried if Misaki will be an annoying lead heroine, but she was rather likeable, won't deny. Usui was... too perfect for my liking, but I didn't dislike him either. 7/10
Jul 17, 2016 5:33 PM

Oct 2010
Zadion said:
I like shoujo now and then, but this one is DEFINITELY targeted towards girls. This show really would've benefited from more moments of intense drama.

Wait so

Girls don't like intense drama but women do?

or

Girls don't like intense drama but males do?

I don't like intense drama but I'm a seinen

I'm confused

9/10 until Hinata appeared, 8/10 final vote

"[Misa is] arguably the hottest anime character ever" -Guy, Some. "A post on some website." The Internet, 2012.
Oct 5, 2016 5:32 AM

Mar 2013
It was a good re-watch.

Started strong but turned into typical shoujo along the way. Can't say I don't like cute Misaki moments but they became so common along the way. I would've loved to see more of her sexy and bold scenes :D

Takumi is all nice and good but I just can't seem find myself rooting for such a perfectionist. And just when I thought I'm beginning to like them as a couple, they wavered my decision with the introduction of the underdog, Hinata. I can't see the point if you're just making him out to be a pity figure. Felt really sad for him :(

7.5/10 is my final rating
Nov 5, 2016 5:13 AM
Jun 2015
I can't believe it's finished..I love the ending.
Nov 14, 2016 7:23 PM

Sep 2015
That was Kawaii seeing Misa so embarassed and holding hands then the kissssuuuu ;-;
Nov 29, 2016 3:05 PM

Oct 2016
Finally Misaki made a move, i really loved this episode it was the best one of all of them... the last kiss with fireworks in the background!!!...
Dec 25, 2016 7:27 PM
Dec 2016
I really loved this anime. It wasn't some cheesy romance (which I HATE) but it had twists and turns just like any REAL relationships. Some people hate Hinata (why?! he's an AMAZING volleyball player LEAVE HIME ALONE JUST CUZ HES SHORT) all jokes aside, he really added that sense of urgency to Usui that he could lose the one girl he ever loved. But this is by far one if my top anime
Dec 28, 2016 9:06 AM

Mar 2015

I will miss the 3 idiots ;_;! And Hinata .-.
*dies

me too <3
Hinata ;;-;;
Dec 29, 2016 3:46 AM

Dec 2008
Gah! After 26 episodes Misaka finally pulls the trigger... and even then it was a strained. Even for tsundere standards and can't help but feel for Usui.

Wasn't the ending I was hoping for because it wasn't that satisfying, but I'll take it. Time to move onto the manga now.
Apr 24, 2017 4:14 PM
Apr 2017
I loved this ending! I just wish it was longer.
May 1, 2017 1:49 PM

Mar 2016
THAT ENDING WAS SO GOOD

THE CONFESSIONSSSSS AHHHHHHH
LOVE U USUI
Jun 14, 2017 9:45 AM

Jul 2014
This was an apex shoujo if I ever saw one.

3 or 4 out of 10.
Jul 13, 2017 5:47 AM

Jul 2013
Usui getting all that free food because all the girls were attracted to him LOL! I wanna get free food like that all the time lol.

It was cute how he fed her some food :3

Misaki and Usui playnig the love trial was food, especially on the food eating contest bit and the balloon lol!

Awww, the singer of the band wanted to hang out with Sakura after he changed because he liked her for liking him for who he was as a person and not just because he was in a band and visiting him in hospital. That's sweet, I would've quite liked to have seen it though.

Awww, Usui and Misaka in the room before the fireworks, him saying she was holding back which she was more than he was. He was trying to be affectionate to her quite a bit but she didn't let him.

But yeah, you could tell when she said he was the only one her made her heart beat faster and she wanted to hold his hand that it was true.

It was cute how she kept blushing around him the last two episodes.

Then when he said he loved her it was so freaking cute :3

But the girl just said she hated him even though she clearly doesn't, she basically admitted her feelings for him two seconds before so she may as well have said she loved him back instead of being a dolt lol.

But they kissed anyway during the fireworks which was so cute and held hands after the fireworks, awwww.

Then in the end bit, poor Hinata and Usui randomly telling Misaki he loved her outside school lol. Awww. Poor Hinata declaring war on Usui, a war I guess we'll never see. Unless it's in the manga, I haven't read it so wouldn't know, I may read it sometime if I ever have time.

I did quite enjoy the show and Misaki and Usui, also Hinata et al ... although I kinda feel like after all the hype maybe I expected a bit more in it tbh. I dunno.

Not sure what I'd rate it now after finishing it, maybe a 7/8 or something.
Jan 29, 2018 3:17 AM

Aug 2017
what a great series.i enjoyed every episode(except some 2 or 3)

thought it would end by 1st season and now i really want a 2nd season but looks like its not gonna happen

they should have made the ending a bit more interesting, sort of disappointed at that

8.5/10 (since there's no 8.5 i'll give it a 8). enjoyed the series a lot<3
Feb 8, 2018 12:52 PM
Feb 2018
I adore this series, the end is especially interesting!
Mar 1, 2018 4:05 PM
Jan 2017
I loved this anime it was awesome. I admit it started out a bit rough but my god this got sooo good I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Apr 20, 2018 9:32 PM
Jan 2018
I loved this animes so freaking much. The jokes were funny, the video between the mcs was amazing. Love the super cool guy but that only has eyes for one girl. Only complaint was the random love triangle shoved in at the end. I get the logic behind it, creating a threat that makes him have to try harder, but there are just better ways. They set up this love war which I didn't want to see. There was no comparison between the two guys. One is a dunderhead childhood friend and the other is perfect in every single way and fully understands how she thinks, saved her numerous times.
May 18, 2018 1:33 PM

May 2016
They sure dragged this on, I think they tried to go for the long run but they failed to get a second season, overall it's a 7 for me mostly because of Usui if it wasn't for him I would have dropped this long ago, Hinata's story was pretty good to be honest I want more of this show.
Oct 9, 2018 11:35 AM
Sep 2018
I absolutely loved this episode. It really concluded the whole series. Yay! Solid 10/10
Oct 18, 2018 12:23 PM

Aug 2017
10/10. This is the best anime i have ever seen.
Jun 19, 2019 6:21 AM
Jun 2019
this was fun and I wish there was another season cause I want to see the cute Misake face she makes and how Usui gets jealous of Hinata
Sep 15, 2019 5:07 PM

Sep 2019
Same old shit love story, off why even I bother to watch this shit even though I pre guessed It would turned out such a pain in my head. Anyways I won't recommend this to anyone at this time there is other good romance animes out there which will provide you more interesting story and art style. So just don't :(
Sep 15, 2019 5:09 PM

Sep 2019
shaf3 said:
this was fun and I wish there was another season cause I want to see the cute Misake face she makes and how Usui gets jealous of Hinata

Really! That is the Only reason you want a second season!
Sep 15, 2019 9:45 PM
May 2019
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Now I cannot wait for the special.
im from the future 9 years in 2019. Sadly there is still no season 2.. But a new oneshot chapter for the manga has been released featuring Honoka and Aoi! Im still sad there is no season 2 tho.. This is prolly my fav anime of all time and what got me into romance
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2010

128 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 21, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2010

116 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 14, 7:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.