Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 22, 2010 4:29 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so ends season 2 but after that ending how are they going to have more?

Short review
This season was a lot more heart warm than season 1 was. Not much fights but from what we got were well down and had interesting flight techniques. While we did get more Witches, only a few a few had any real impact and the others felt a bit thrown in. Visually, it looks great. The CGs models didn't look cheap, effected lighting, textures are fitting with the location, and nice colors. Overall this was still a good season but I kinda wish they added in more drama, especially near the end, and more back story are some of the characters, which it is asking a lot. 4/5
metalsnakezeroSep 22, 2010 4:42 PM
Sep 22, 2010 5:32 PM

Apr 2010
First season was better, this season started pretty good with some nice action but was mostly fan service.
Not that that's a bad thing but we didn't get enough yuri scenes!!
The ending wasn't as good as i hoped it would be but it wasn't bad either.
This episode was mainly focused on Miyafuji and Sakamoto, and even tho they said at the end they would not be ably to be witches anymore i won't be surprised if we see them flying in a OVA soon.

Other then that i would like to see more of Junko and Marseille, guess i need to take a look at the manga, the ones i didn't read that is.
Sep 22, 2010 5:38 PM
May 2010
I was cringing at the cheesiness of it all, but what else am I going to expect from Strike Witches anyway.

I also hate how they just abandonned the whole "Neuroi Witch" idea at the beginning and went with something more simple and pointless.

...and are they trying to tell us it's more or less over? What was the point of disbanding and leaving Miyafuji powerless?
If it is, then this may be one of the most pointless animes I've ever watched that actually tried to have some sort of plot.
Sep 22, 2010 6:30 PM

Jun 2008
So....It's....all over???

I highly doubt it, but Yoshika and the rest of the girls showed how strong the power of HAX is on Strike witches.

But to be fair, it's not a serious anime that needs to be held accountable for its ridiculous uses of deus ex machina.

Overall a very enjoyable anime, once again they decide to be serious in the last two episodes and this time it might finally be over....or maybe not.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/08/28/strike-witches-isnt-over/

Either way if it really is the end, I enjoyed both seasons very much, it was a character dominated show and the plot should not even be held responsible for anything, since it was very clear they didn't care about that.

7.5/10...
Sep 22, 2010 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
Iisan-kun said:
I was cringing at the cheesiness of it all, but what else am I going to expect from Strike Witches anyway.

I also hate how they just abandonned the whole "Neuroi Witch" idea at the beginning and went with something more simple and pointless.

...and are they trying to tell us it's more or less over? What was the point of disbanding and leaving Miyafuji powerless?
If it is, then this may be one of the most pointless animes I've ever watched that actually tried to have some sort of plot.

Its not that they abandoned the neuroi witch idea but more it wouldn't make sense, the neuroi can't combine with living beings, or else they would have already tried with yoshika in season 1.
As cool a Neuroi witch would have been or sakamoto's death in general, its not that kind of anime anyway.

Should there be a third season, there will have to be more plot though, I am thinking it may go back to 1941 or the fall of europe or something and follow sakamoto and minna to the eventual founding of the 501st.
Sep 22, 2010 7:10 PM

Oct 2007
not the greatest ending in the world, but i knew what i was getting into from s1. also its kinda interesting that myafugi was supposed to have this high output of magic, oh well i let the show be, 5/10, amusing but nothing special
Sep 22, 2010 8:43 PM

Aug 2010
Happy ending. I liked it a lot. Wouldn't mind if there was more strike witches because it really is an enjoyable show and it's cool to watch the fanservice mixed with the air battles.
Sep 22, 2010 8:50 PM

Sep 2010
This goes down as my most favorite anime, hands down. Liked the ending quite a bit. Hope they continue it in some form or another.
Sep 22, 2010 9:12 PM
Nov 2009
Nice ending to a fairly enjoyable season. I actually really enjoyed this show even though the girls didn't wear any pants xD. With the way it ended, clearly a 3rd season is much needed! Let's hope that gets in production asap.
Sep 22, 2010 9:17 PM

Feb 2008
you could hardly call this a sequel. they totally pulled a 360 and didn't even focus on the neroi at all. totally disappointed with this fact. it almost they were stuck making this anime so they gave it the most generic progression and ending they could think of. its not really a four...but its not a five either.
Sep 22, 2010 9:24 PM

Sep 2008
Nice Boat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2010 9:25 PM
Jun 2008
LoL ,Someone Is making a fortune telling in the middle of battlefield.

8/10
Sep 22, 2010 9:27 PM

Sep 2010
Sad to see my favorite anime end ;_;.

Anyway it wasn't a super deep plot climax but it was just as great as you come to expect from Strike Witches. I would love to see another season with the 501st but they wrapped it up too well for all the girls for me to think there will be a straightforward continuation. If they do make more (which I hope they do, I am not ready to see SW end), it would almost definitely be an OVA, or would be super awesome to get a whole other season, but it looks like they hinted at the 504th being the focus.

Here is to the 501st, can't wait to see more, will be waiting.
Sep 22, 2010 9:40 PM

Apr 2010
At least it's historically accurate... ship wise I mean... they sunk ships in the anime that were actually sunk in WWII, I thought that was cool.

Sep 22, 2010 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
Still no answer to magical Striker Unit coming out of the floor, Yoshika's dad, and Yoshika's dad's voice.

THIS IS STRIKE WITCHES. I would have said "THIS IS GONZO", but I guess that's not the case now, is it?
IaMP with me.
Sep 22, 2010 10:55 PM

Sep 2009
Hm. Would be or wouldn't be. I'm about third season. Yes, probably it would be about 504th but I think some of old characters would appear. A bit pity about Yoshika
Sep 23, 2010 12:37 AM
Aug 2010
ending was predictable. but over all, it was ok tho id rather rewatch season 1 in exchange of this season lol. hope 3rd season will be a little bit different :)
Sep 23, 2010 2:50 AM

May 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Nice Boat.
Sure was.
Sep 23, 2010 3:09 AM

Feb 2010
average ending for a average show 6/10
Sep 23, 2010 3:19 AM

May 2010
Happy ending, love it.
An ecchi anime that never disgust me.
8/10
Sep 23, 2010 3:57 AM

Jan 2010
Good ending but not that great though, season 3? maybe.. I'd expect another group as the main characters or else Yoshika will regain her powers or something like that, but Sakamoto gaining powers again would be boring, If there will be a season 3, she sould just stay in base though..
Sep 23, 2010 4:05 AM
Jun 2010
Not my favourite ending but okay

Sep 23, 2010 5:22 AM
Jul 2010
Is it just me, or is that scene in the shore where the J7W and the Reppumaru is laying in front of the grounded Yamato saying "it's not over yet" in my gut? It's like they're saying to continue on, it's really getting me paranoid. I hope for Strike Witches 3, God Please let there be Strike Witches 3 *I'm really praying for more, honestly* Strike Witches 3 Strike Witches 3 Strike Witches 3, I hope there's a Strike Witches 3!!!
Sep 23, 2010 5:42 AM

Jan 2010
Its a nice ending, I really liked this show. I hope this will have a third season.
Sep 23, 2010 6:00 AM

Sep 2009
meh, ok ending for season 2; now...

c'mon; let's go season 3!

moar pantsu lolis!

this show never bores me.
Sep 23, 2010 6:36 AM
Jul 2018
Ok.. We all know Mio witch life was over...
BUT MIYAFUJI???
come on.. MIYAFUI????????????????

I'm sad bcs that =(, even if she make true the wish of protect everyone, is still sad ;_;...
501st Joint Fighter Wing is over, now go more season with the 504!!! or in Africa!!! , lets see, i don't think they let die this, but i'm still sad for miyafuji, she was by far my fav char (with Sanya)
Sep 23, 2010 7:40 AM
Aug 2009
Why oh why must Strike Witches end?!?!? LET THE PANTSU LOLIS REIGN ETERNAL!!!! I hope there is a season 3 and I don't care if it gets old, but I want the entirety of the Strike Witches cast to return T.T

On another note: How the hell did Miyafuji manage to exhaust her entire magical reserve? Anyone?

P.S. Strike Witches must live on!!!
Sep 23, 2010 7:57 AM

Mar 2008
*salutes at Strike Witches*

It's sad to see this show end... I really love it and was entertained from beginning to end. No seriously! This show was the only break I could take away from the cruelty of reality (problems and all that)... Until now, it's unbelievable that it's the final episode. *slaps myself to wake up*

Also all those great amount of Mio x Minna moments in this show were exciting and added the spice to the show (at least for me) and as a fan of the pairing, I'm truly satisfied!

I really want the 501st to come back in action again since I really, really love that group/all the characters and their fun moments... Although the other group of Witches doesn't sound bad as well... Haven't read the novels yet where they were focused, so I don't understand the hype of some fans seeing the novel characters get their animated show yet.

Looking forward for whatever Strike Witches media will come out soon!
Sep 23, 2010 8:43 AM

Nov 2009
Why does it end so soooon? Can't be true!
Oh well, at least mio kissed minna this season, so I'm happy.

I'm so totally hoping for a third season! (Maybe with those nice Ladys from the 504th? That would mean: More Takei!)

I'm waiting!
Sep 23, 2010 10:38 AM

Feb 2010
Strike Witches 2 honestly surpassed all my expectations. It was even more entertaining and heart-warming than season one.
I hope we'll see them flying up to the sky one day again.
Sep 23, 2010 11:08 AM

Jun 2009
I didn't really like that second season. There was no progress AT ALL, it basically ended where it started with no plot development.
And why did they just drop the whole "Neuroi might not be thast bad after all and want to coexist"? I really liked that at the end of season one, had great potential but they wasted it. meh...
To me, this felt just like a retelling of the first season, which is pretty lame.
grandy_UiDSep 23, 2010 11:13 AM
Sep 23, 2010 12:32 PM

Feb 2010
The 504th Joint ist possibly containing new characters for season 3 (if there will be one). Overall, nice but a bit stupid on some places: 7/10
Sep 23, 2010 12:57 PM

Oct 2009
Dreadbreaker said:
Is it just me, or is that scene in the shore where the J7W and the Reppumaru is laying in front of the grounded Yamato saying "it's not over yet" in my gut?

I though so too. Also, does the Reppumaru look neuroified again in that scene or am I seeing things ?
Sep 23, 2010 1:14 PM

Jul 2010
super great 235/10 :)
BEST
Sep 23, 2010 1:28 PM

Sep 2008
Spectre_721 said:
This goes down as my most favorite anime, hands down. Liked the ending quite a bit. Hope they continue it in some form or another.

Yeah I'm expecting a third season with the different strike witches (Hartman's sister's group). If there is going to be a third season though, I at least want them to explain where the neuroi came from or why that one neuroi got along with Yoshika. I'll still give this an 8/10.
Sep 23, 2010 1:41 PM

Dec 2008
It was funa nd i enjoyed it.

would be great to have a 3rd season or a new OVA but really i very happy with the ending.
Sep 23, 2010 2:15 PM

Jun 2008
Blutspender said:
The 504th Joint ist possibly containing new characters for season 3 (if there will be one). Overall, nice but a bit stupid on some places: 7/10

HERE YOU GO:

I'm not exactly for a third season, unless they have some of the girls from the first two seasons.

I'm not a big fan of SPINOFFS
Sep 23, 2010 4:35 PM
Aug 2009
I have always enjoyed Strike Witches, and this ending was no exception. Since the first episode, I just knew Miyafuji would end up using the sword and performing some ultimate attack to destroy the Neuroi. And she did. Nonetheless, I'm always up for some flying pantsless loli action!

Season 3? I wouldn't think so, but I do think some spinoff OVAs revolving around the other Witches are plausible.
Sep 23, 2010 5:36 PM

Jul 2006
There needs to be at least 21 more seasons of the girls doing crazy stuff and never aging.

And I don't like the 504th >_<. I want the 501st back dammit! Tho I guess I could make the meganekko my new waifu if the next season will focus on them.

and 200 out of 10. greatest animu ever :3

Sep 23, 2010 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
I was thinking but maybe the 501st after the loss of 2 members were reformed into a different group with new members .
Notice the paper at the end has neither mio or yoshika in it.

In the previous episode, that the army chair man said, should you fail the mission, you will be disbannded. Surely if the war was going to be over for them, they would have said something like if you succeed in this mission, you will no longer have to fight unless, the army wanted a reason to disbanded them, anyway.

Also the strike unit at the see could just symbolize that its no longer a part of yoshika's life or maybe its hinting that, the unit will be waiting till yoshika needs it again, once she regains her magic powers.
Sep 23, 2010 6:44 PM

Jul 2008
I'm for a season 3 with a new unit but it better have some storyline and less fanservice (well, I can hope can't I?). I'm not about bragging and all but I think that Miyafuji deserved a medal for OHKO the strongest neuroi the earth has seen.

What about the ''we used all our magic power on the field T_T" then they fly and use their strongest magic without breaking a sweat. I may have beleived it if they only could fly and shot with their gun but that wasn't the case.
Another plothole is that it was said that the 501th would disband IF the mission failed, but it succeded, why the hell did they disband then? Not for the member loss because they were even with two less member they still are the same amount of peoplet they were before miyafuji and lynne entered it.

Anyway, Inb4 a neuroi attack romagna again, the 501th is formed again, Miyafuji hear a voice comming in the forest, regain her magical power/get neurofied for stuff material for a s3.
Sep 23, 2010 8:02 PM
Oct 2008
more story and less fanservice? not going to happen. strike witches was all about fanservice from showing panties/upskirts to boob jiggling and fondling. making a season 3 would just be a spin off with different characters. the show feels like its over and wont have a season 3 unless they feel like whoring out the series.
Sep 24, 2010 4:14 AM

Mar 2008
Dandere-chan said:
Another plothole is that it was said that the 501th would disband IF the mission failed, but it succeded, why the hell did they disband then?

I noticed that as well! I was even surprised to hear Yoshika saying that the 501st unit is officially disbanded even when they successfully completed the mission! I just don't understand why...
Sep 24, 2010 11:23 AM

Oct 2009
The ending coul have been better imo.
Sep 24, 2010 3:45 PM

Jul 2008
RaikaSTi said:
more story and less fanservice? not going to happen. strike witches was all about fanservice from showing panties/upskirts to boob jiggling and fondling. making a season 3 would just be a spin off with different characters. the show feels like its over and wont have a season 3 unless they feel like whoring out the series.

They still can do more story with the same amount of fanservice.
Sep 24, 2010 11:45 PM

Apr 2009
This anime requires a season 3 to finally solve the Neuroi problem. I'll be a waiting!
Sep 25, 2010 3:05 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I really would've liked it if the Neuroi had assimilated Mio to a degree and she had become some sort of master Neuroi. Would've made for a good story for a potential third season season. I'm a little disappointed.

Decent season though.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 25, 2010 12:09 PM

Oct 2007
Good ending, though over it could have been slightly better.

For starters, some things I found strange about episode 12 were after most of the witches returned to the ship, the crew let the strikers below deck, would it not be better just to leave em up for a bit just in case? And the witches were completely drained from there magic power, where did they get the power(specially Miyafuji, with what she did) to go back up and fight, let alone that great as they did? As for Miyafuji, she is stronger then the others, but still be able to use Reppumaru?
In addition, I found a few happenings to be very predictable, Miyafuji using Reppumaru, which could be noticed about half way down the anime when Sakamoto was practicing, being the main one.

Since how Sakamoto been able to keep flying, even though she is passed that age. I find it to be slightly speculative if they truly lost there magic power, just like that. Sakamoto? Maybe, might make season 3 a bit more interesting, if it is actually in the making. Miyafuji? Unlikely, unless they really will focus it entirely on 504th instead of 501st.
To back this up, Miyafuji at the end releases a bird, assuming this takes place after she has returned home. It could mean she healed the bird with her magic, again. Unless she just gave it some aid which is not to be excluded either.

As for the fate of 501st, if 504th will take over in the case of a 3rd season, I doubt they would be completely gone. I'm positive at least some of em will have a minor role to play at the very least. As is the case with various other anime where a part of the main characters got replaced over time.

The striker unit on the beach, can turn in to several things, as the Reppumaru was also with it. Possibly it will be found by a witch currently stationed in the 504th, or Miyafuji will be put back into action, resulting in a search for her equipment? Who knows, future will tell.

Personally, I find an OVA to be bit more likely at this point then a complete season 3. Considering it has been said before season 2 was even over. And first season also had an OVA.

Sorry for the long talk, just my couple of cents.
ZenasSep 25, 2010 12:12 PM
Sep 25, 2010 1:22 PM

Nov 2008
almost Everyone got promoted....just Yoshika the one who killed the boss is still a mere Sergeant
Sep 25, 2010 1:38 PM

Mar 2008
Excellent ending, really sad to see a great show ending :(
But technically, it's possible to make a 3rd season with new witches. Or even the same, without Mio. Yoshika said "she may not be able to fly", so it's not impossible to make her fly again.
they all said they were exhausted in ep 11, and they fought briliantly in ep 12... hmm... ^^
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Jul 7, 2010

87 by Wrongthinker »»
Oct 18, 2023 12:35 AM

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Jul 14, 2010

59 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 24, 2023 10:00 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Aug 18, 2010

93 by MiaAyende »»
Sep 20, 2022 9:45 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Jul 21, 2010

66 by Asgard6 »»
May 22, 2022 6:33 AM

» Hartmann's Hair Color

ColdBisquiT - Aug 2, 2021

5 by JokoSukino »»
May 16, 2022 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.