Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2010 2:02 PM

Sep 2009
singAlong said:
I still think it's silly that people complain about the fanservice. Do you complain about romance series that have romance?
It's not so much that there were fanservice, but rather the fanservice were silly and often times oddly placed. At least that's my opinion; I'm not sure about others. Ah well, this series had limitless potential in the beginning and it just didn't know how to resolve itself. The T.S. Eliot quote was...damning, to say the least. 'Twas an alright watch. Nothing too special. 6/10
Sep 20, 2010 2:02 PM
Dec 2007
This anime was over-the-top as shit and simply contained anything any male viewer would want to watch. It was epic from the first episode to the last (in case you're not into deeply thought and highly detailled stuff of course), and I'm definitely waiting for a second season of the anime in some years when the mangaka has put his pen out of his a** and starts working on it seriously.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 20, 2010 2:03 PM

Aug 2010
I really hate how they ended it with them just walking off, it leaves so much to the imagination. The ending just makes me want a second season.
Sep 20, 2010 2:03 PM

Dec 2009
COme on, they could of went even longer, was hoping for atleast 24 episodes, man such an amazing series, wanted to see rei and takashi find there parents,
Sep 20, 2010 2:06 PM

Oct 2009
Nice action, bad ending.
Want a second season.
Sep 20, 2010 2:14 PM

Aug 2010
I liked the way it ended and all but still having doubts about a second season.

Kohta was really funny in this episode. Mama... Also that woman, what's her name..ah, whatever, hacked away like a possessed spirit. Eyes wide open, screaming DIE! DIE! lol

Overall it was a great series.
Sep 20, 2010 2:17 PM

Mar 2009
Great, fantastic.. ova ahead.. Maybe a season 2? Hmmm we will see.. 10/10 for me.
Sep 20, 2010 2:19 PM

Apr 2008
Show was good, mindless fun throughout. It succeeded just fine at being over the top and stimulating, and that made it enjoyable as long as you're not trying to get anything more out of it.

What's up with the ending quote, though? Okay, yes, it's famous, but how can you pretend any part of this apocalypse was a whimper? It's been nonstop bangs in several ways.
Sep 20, 2010 2:20 PM

Aug 2008
There's obviously gonna be a continuation. C'mon. There's such a solid fan base for this show lol it would be upsetting if this series did not continue
Sep 20, 2010 2:29 PM

Jun 2008
Such a great series, so much action, blood, guns, swords, and tits.

Easily my favorite anime of the year, easily the my most enjoyable anime of the year, and the "finale" did not disappoint.

Final Sayings:

Thank you MadHouse for not giving us an idiotic "filler-anime-only-ending"

The series was so enjoyable and fun from start to finish, very little for me to complain.

Overall, I liked the music, the characters, and of course the zombie action

Easy 10/10
Sep 20, 2010 2:32 PM

Jun 2008
KEL5EY said:
I'm so pissed about this ending....this is how they are ending it? They better not!!!!
I WANT SEASON 2 OR SOME OVAS!!!!!

Don't worry the manga is still going...

and if MADHOUSE has any brains they will notice the ridiculous amount of popularity this series has, and give us a season 2 in the future.
Sep 20, 2010 2:43 PM

Apr 2008
Bio said:
What's up with the ending quote, though? Okay, yes, it's famous, but how can you pretend any part of this apocalypse was a whimper? It's been nonstop bangs in several ways.

It`s probably just a troll :P

Sep 20, 2010 2:48 PM

Jun 2007
well, that was a fun ride. i enjoyed it, and madhouse really did not fuck up that much. if anything, i can see why they did not announce a s2 yet, as there is definitely not enough material to cover another 12 episode anime. i am sure once the mange has enough material, they will take advantage of all the rage being accumulated at the desperate people who are angry at the lack of s2 announcement. and if anything, i say the manga is still there....

for sure an awesome anime that i truly enjoyed. fanservice was done well (and if you want you can say a bit overdone, but the hell, it was good) and the story was kept well (i dont mind changes as long as they are not completely retarded). truly one of the few animes that will live on for quite a long time.
Sep 20, 2010 2:49 PM

Jun 2007
well, that was a fun ride. i enjoyed it, and madhouse really did not fuck up that much. if anything, i can see why they did not announce a s2 yet, as there is definitely not enough material to cover another 12 episode anime. i am sure once the mange has enough material, they will take advantage of all the rage being accumulated at the desperate people who are angry at the lack of s2 announcement. and if anything, i say the manga is still there....

for sure an awesome anime that i truly enjoyed. fanservice was done well (and if you want you can say a bit overdone, but the hell, it was good) and the story was kept well (i dont mind changes as long as they are not completely retarded). truly one of the few animes that will live on for quite a long time.
Sep 20, 2010 2:53 PM

Sep 2010
Awesome action scenes:D
hirano made this ep soo funny i LOLed everytime he said mama haha
i wish they could have showed if shido got eatin up if he did, so we all kno his fate. :\
this ending ep was great, but it didn't really go anywhere. wish there was like a really unexpected twist at the end or something really dramatic, but still good ep anyways.

SECOND SEASON PLEASE !~

8/10
Sep 20, 2010 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
I thought it was a great episode. This show has been one of my favorites this season. Even though it doesn't necessarily have the deepest plot, it was always really fun to watch and I enjoyed every minute of it (sans the episode four recap).

I might be rating this too high, but 9/10 from me with hopes for a season two someday.
Sep 20, 2010 3:21 PM

Nov 2009
Aw man. Is this how it ends? I hope another season is made. Can't wait for the OVA to be released. I really enjoyed this series all the way.

I have never read a manga before but I think I should start on this series. : )
Sep 20, 2010 3:25 PM

Aug 2010
is it me or the singer of the OP song's voice is kinda different? o.O

anyway, 4/5
and 7.5 for the show.

gotta thank COD MW2, cuz of that i was really happy that i understood what EMP does and what it means. just SHARING =D
Sep 20, 2010 3:31 PM

Sep 2010
Fun ride. Hopefully we'll get another one.

8/10.
Are you a fan of the Takashi x Rei pairing from the manga/anime "Highschool of the DEAD"? Come and join the newly opened >>>FAN CLUB!<<
Sep 20, 2010 3:32 PM
Nov 2009
The series is ok I guess, nothing too spectacular, I guess I was expecting too much. But wow Saeko is cool friggin cool, she's gotta be the coolest female ever out of all the anime I've watched, I'm so in love with her <33333
Sep 20, 2010 3:55 PM

Oct 2008
MorningGlory said:
OMG such a long passage,I advice you to watch the first 5 minute of episode 8 .just watch and you will realize the stupidity of US president's decision.
Hansinkdu 's explanation was 70% wrong ,so I don't really care, but Orion1 explanation actually made me said "OMG" .

Agreed, on these message boards an intelligent conversation is OMG! Maybe I should just leave two liners like everyone as to not inconvenience people and make them read. Ah never mind, but I see your point if your just trying to say this series isn't supposed to be taken so seriously. It was what it was, a terrible attempt at creating a zombie animation, that used almost everything that is wrong with the anime industry today. Bad endings, plot holes and overuse of ecchi and or moe themes to satisfy the so called otaku. Thank you for telling me go back an re-watch the beginning of episode 8, because now I'm secure that this series is retarded. The U.S. is completely infected as is the rest of the world if you look at the map behind the president. They even state that Air Force One has no where to land, pretty much meaning the U.S. is completely infected. Actually the more I think about it, the more I realize the writer of this series failed epically on creating a realistic strategic scenario of how nation states might react if a global pandemic occurred.
Stop being retarded with the size function and forcing me to copy and paste backhanded messages to read what your saying.
Sep 20, 2010 3:57 PM

Dec 2009
How can people call this episode good? This was probably the crappiest ending i've seen to an anime. I hope they do a second season or something.
Sep 20, 2010 4:02 PM

Apr 2010
wooooop woooooop great episode!!!!! love the series. but i know they cant stop it here. i think the OVA will be out shortly but other than that 9/10.
Sep 20, 2010 4:09 PM
Jun 2008
Orion1 said:

Stop being retarded with the size function and forcing me to copy and paste backhanded messages to read what your saying.
LOL ,Maybe I said too much.Well,anyway, glad that you know what I am pointing at.
There is no way that US want to dominate the world while they can't even save their own ass.The whole missile operation is just an excuse to their idiocy.
Sep 20, 2010 4:17 PM

Jun 2008
Project_MkUltra said:
How can people call this episode good? This was probably the crappiest ending i've seen to an anime. I hope they do a second season or something.

Well, I won't say that it was good or bad, because that's my own opinion, but:

It's a lot better to end it this way, than a conclusive end in which they can never return to the story and make a second season.

For example, Madhouse finished CLAYMORE, with an anime only ending, many people were furious that they decided to diverge from the manga, and because of that, they haven't done a second season of Claymore despite the fact that there is plenty of material to have a full 26 episode season.

At least this way, there's a strong possibility of season 2.
Sep 20, 2010 4:31 PM

Oct 2008
*Thinks while watching ep*
Oh, this would have seemed like a good point to end on rather than having one extra ep.

*Comes onto MAL*
Oh its the end....

Could have been better, I think the last episode made up (not altogether) for the last few eps. Would I like to see a second season, yeah. Who knows, maybe the next series - they could have tried to find out why the missiles (s.f.?) were released or whatever.
Sep 20, 2010 4:37 PM

Jan 2008
They will probably make another season, the thing here is when will that be...
Sep 20, 2010 4:37 PM

Dec 2008
This final ep was weak!!
Hope for some OVAs or a season 2.
Sep 20, 2010 4:54 PM

Jun 2010
Awesome episode, nice way to conclude this series. For the next season. Can't end it like this without another season... way to awkward of an ending. There are too many loose ends that need tying up, such as finding their relatives and the other background elements that are going on such as the nurse's special forces friend.
Sep 20, 2010 4:58 PM

Sep 2010
lmaonade said:
As for emp , it might be because they wanted to end off the living population so that "they" don't spread anymore. or in the above post.

If it's a nuke , it's to kill "them" and humans in Japan? ; so that the people in other countries might be able to go there soon and live in there? Not really sure about it, japan might be completed wiped out of the Earth surface if the nuke actually hits it?

OMG everybody is geting the wrong idea about the EMP. The EMP was a chain reaction or an after effect of the Nuke.

N i forgot to mention, in the beginning of the episode other countries navy was shooting down the nuclear missiles that was targeting them. That's what cause the EMP at Japan and explains the bright light (Which Saya briefly explain after the EMP). But of course as you saw one nuclear missile wasn't shot down because one navy ship was infected. So only one country was hit by the nuke, the rest was all politics.
oOTONEOoSep 20, 2010 6:39 PM
Bitches Love Smiley Faces... : )
Sep 20, 2010 5:05 PM

Sep 2010
singAlong said:
I still think it's silly that people complain about the fanservice. Do you complain about romance series that have romance?

Lmao
Bitches Love Smiley Faces... : )
Sep 20, 2010 5:05 PM

Apr 2008
I have to admit that the ending felt a little open-ended to me. Even if it seemed like the kids had found salvation at last, the ending still doesn't explain what happens once they get to the shopping mall. It can be assumed that that's where Rei and Takeshi's parents could be, but we can't be entirely sure about that. I do agree with others when I say that this series should get a second season, and I don't say that about a lot of anime.

Overall, I gave the series a 7/10. For its genre, the series is well-crafted, the story is simple enough without insulting my intelligence, I actually ended up caring about the characters (except for Miss Shizuka. She was a waste of ink and paint) and it has plenty of eye candy for the ecchi lovers and the people who appreciate Madhouse's animating expertise.

I actually recommended this series to my anime club a few weeks ago. Now, based on a series of polls, the series has been added to the club's viewing schedule each week and a lot of people seem to enjoy it. It's becoming one of the hits of the club.
Sep 20, 2010 5:08 PM
Jul 2010
PockyBebop said:
I have to admit that the ending felt a little open-ended to me. Even if it seemed like the kids had found salvation at last, the ending still doesn't explain what happens once they get to the shopping mall. It can be assumed that that's where Rei and Takeshi's parents could be, but we can be entirely sure about that. I do agree with others when I say that this series should get a second season, and I don't say that about a lot of anime.

Overall, I gave the series a 7/10. For its genre, the series is well-crafted, the story is simple enough without insulting my intelligence, I actually ended up caring about the characters (except for Miss Shizuka. She was a waste of ink and paint) and it has plenty of eye candy for the ecchi lovers and the people who appreciate Madhouse's animating expertise.

I actually recommended this series to my anime club a few weeks ago. Now, based on a series of polls, the series has been added to the club's viewing schedule each week and a lot of people seem to enjoy it. It's becoming one of the hits of the club.

Read the manga =3 The two are heavily correlated.
Sep 20, 2010 5:17 PM

Jul 2009
Zeream said:
Awesome episode, nice way to conclude this series. For the next season. Can't end it like this without another season... way to awkward of an ending. There are too many loose ends that need tying up, such as finding their relatives and the other background elements that are going on such as the nurse's special forces friend.

That's exactly why they ended it at the mall. The manga is still ongoing, and the anime ended right at a transition into another arc. It pretty much guarantees a second season.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 20, 2010 5:21 PM

Sep 2009
Highly tense episode even with the inserted humor (which didn't work).
Hands up to less drama.
Mama is hotter than Takagi XD
Enjoyed the show overall.
If the show would have been like 2 hr 30 min movie it would be epic.
Surely, have to read the manga.
After making an open ending, they better make a season 2 in the future.
Sep 20, 2010 5:32 PM

Aug 2009
That gleam in Saeko's eyes pretty much summed up the whole series for me *nosebleeds horrendously everywhere*

Nice, fitting ending. Hoping for another season IN A FEW YEARS x3 Also got the OVA to look forward to
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Sep 20, 2010 5:32 PM

Oct 2008
All I can say is im looking forward to season 2.....
9/10 from me XD
Sep 20, 2010 6:00 PM
Oct 2009
I liked the very very end after the ending song. I thought that that was a very nice wrap up for the series. I hope there's gonna be more because this series definitely needs to continue! ^^

9/10 for me
Sep 20, 2010 6:31 PM
Sep 20, 2010 6:38 PM

Oct 2008
Like, oh my gawd, that was such a terribad ending. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE DIS.

TENGEN TOPPA
Sep 20, 2010 6:52 PM

Sep 2010
MUST... KNOW... WHAT... HAPPENS NEXT!!!!! Too good of anime to end like that. There must be more. But i'm guessing reading the manga is suppose to help huh.
Sep 20, 2010 6:52 PM

Aug 2010
there must be season 2 for hotd...
Untitled-4.png
TsundereUserbarBlue.png
kuyarawa.png
Sep 20, 2010 7:53 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Excellent episode. The music made this episode more thrilling. If you can't get enough of H.o.t.D., read the manga!

Sep 20, 2010 7:56 PM

Sep 2010
Overall this series was ok, about 7/10, for me it was pretty much ruined by the Saeko-Takashi implied sex scene and WAAAY too much fanservice. I prefer the manga and unless the OVA is REALLY good I'll probably drop the anime and just continue with the manga. But props to Madhouse because the always do a lovely job of animating there shows well and this was not an exception. But this is just my opinion!! =3
Sep 20, 2010 8:02 PM
Jun 2008
well done series & really got have s2 for it.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 20, 2010 8:08 PM

Mar 2009
7/10
Sep 20, 2010 8:12 PM

Aug 2010
Enjoyable series. Loved the action at the end, and I loved the boobs.
Sep 20, 2010 8:23 PM

Mar 2010
Fantastic ending! Leaves everything open,a great powerful feeling of friendship and and loyalty is seen without!
I needless to say, enjoyed it~ I am content♥

Sep 20, 2010 8:34 PM

Dec 2008
Despite the fact that the series was cut so terribly short, I am still satisfied. Regardless of my dislike for ecchi scenes, the adrenaline this anime heavily produced left me on the edge of my scene. Well done. I anticipate a second season.
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Sep 20, 2010 9:00 PM

Nov 2008
I totally loved the way episodes in this series progressed, sort of makes you feel as if you got "key'd" (surely someone will know what I mean by this)

Solid final episode for this series/season. During the EMP all i could think of was, "EMP STORRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMM!" and "We've been EMP'D!!! Electronics are offline!"

The ending after the credits seems to foreshadow to a new season, honestly I can not wait.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.