Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 27, 2010 12:11 AM

Dec 2009
Looking forward to the next episode.

By the way, have we received any indications concerning the abilities of the okiagari? I know in this episode Natsuno, Kaori, and Akira had a minor discussion that kind of touched upon the topic (and then they decided to leave the body out in the open, marvelous job!).

Thus far we know they behave mostly like vampires in how they

• sleep during the day,
  • hunt their prey at night,
  • require blood to survive,
  • shun the sunlight to live,
  • are physically durable against things that would kill normal humans
  • require an invitation and all that other jazz.

But can they utilize other properties? Are they imbued with enhanced physical strength or any other types of advantages?
IIRC Natsuno seemed paralyzed when Megumi visited Tohru's house, so I had mused that they had some sort of ability that hinders movement. However, after watching Natsuno shovel that punk down, I believe that he was just tied down by fear in the former and demonstrated his badassery in the latter.

I have not read the novel or the manga, so I am just curious. If the okiagari are gifted with such powers, maybe it is possible that Natsuno will outdo the child and live (unlikely, but meh :<).

EDIT: oh, wait. He is screwed. At best, the teams will be Natsuno and two parents who lack common sense vs two okiagari.
RelictAug 27, 2010 12:17 AM

Aug 27, 2010 12:15 AM

Jul 2010
Oh, man! The little girl is freaky!
So looking forward to the next episode!
Aug 27, 2010 2:03 AM

Dec 2009
Natsuno you rock ! ... but your parents....s*ck .
Aug 27, 2010 2:16 AM

Apr 2010
Damn this is getting interesting... And Natsuno's parents must be retarded to let that thing into their house... I mean, she obviously wasn't just a cute little girl with a doll. I hope Natsuno will be OK.
Best ep so far, 5/5.
Aug 27, 2010 2:19 AM

Apr 2010
An awesome episode! Shiki is surely one of the best series this season.
I'm so excited to see the new one already. My favorite part of the manga will most likely start, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Shizuka sure is creepy, but like somebody else said before, she would have been scarier with the orginal fair hair she had in the manga. Not that she wasn't now. Who would invite such a girl in his home that easy? Natsuno's mother is an idiot. Or just too nice. Either way, it's bad for her and her family's life.
I liked the way they showed Natsuno's fear when he hit the shiki. Taking one's life is not a good expirience. He didn't actually kill him, (since he was already dead) but even so... If my ordinary life suddenly turned into a horror movie... I can't imagine in what shock I'll be. His reaction was very realistic, that's what I'm trying to say.
We didn't see neither Megumi nor Tatsumi, so I hope that we'll next week. Both of them are really interesting.
I'm wondering too if they will follow the novel or just create a new ending. I'm certainly for the first.
Aug 27, 2010 2:19 AM

Apr 2007
That little girl was so annoying, she needed a good sparta kick.
Aug 27, 2010 2:40 AM
Nov 2008
Getting better and better each episode.....i love it.
My heart almost stopped in the last few minutes with that creepy kid.....>.<
Aug 27, 2010 3:48 AM

Feb 2010
great episode one of the best so far.
Aug 27, 2010 6:26 AM
Aug 2007
The four first episodes weren´t that good, but now it just keeps getting better and better !

And... I fucking HATE this little girl that appeared at the end of episode 8 =__= She´s fucking annoying
Aug 27, 2010 6:59 AM

Aug 2010
People are starting to hate the little girl more than they hate Masao XD
Aug 27, 2010 7:16 AM

Sep 2009
Epic episode....awesome, and damn creepy as hell...especially the little girl with the doll...

Man, I can't wait till the next ep!
Aug 27, 2010 7:28 AM

Feb 2010
Sunako is such a interesting character to see, I wonder why she gives so many "hints" to Seishin. And that little girl in the end was sure creepy.

Shiki has a great problem: the wait for each episode >.<
Aug 27, 2010 7:47 AM

Aug 2008
I'm loving Shiki more and more. Can't wait for the next ep!
Aug 27, 2010 8:36 AM

Nov 2007
Finally the appearance of Shizuka. She keeps giving me goose bumps. Such a freaky child.
But I'm still so mad Yuuki's father let her in. What was that man thinking?

The next episodes will get so much more awesome. I can't already wait for it!
Aug 27, 2010 9:01 AM
Nov 2008
I can't help but wonder, where is this all going? We pretty much know everything we need to about the vampires, and now a number of the villagers have figured it out, so...now what? I'm sure there's a good answer, it just occurs to me that I have no idea what the actual plot is going to be.
Aug 27, 2010 9:16 AM

Aug 2010
Thalandor46 said:
I can't help but wonder, where is this all going? We pretty much know everything we need to about the vampires, and now a number of the villagers have figured it out, so...now what? I'm sure there's a good answer, it just occurs to me that I have no idea what the actual plot is going to be.

Now they all live happily ever after... Oh, wait... That's Twilight :/

Basically,

Aug 27, 2010 9:25 AM

Feb 2009
Another excellent episode. The music is so awesome. Add it to watching this at night with headphones and all alone and enjoyment of this show is multiplied tenfold ^^. Looks like we have an assassin to eliminate the ones who have a grasp of the situation(it seems that way to me). I was gritting my teeth the whole time Shizuka was talking to Natsuno's dad. Don't let her in! But damn, she got it and it looks like she has company. Wonder how this will turn out. Damn, I love this show. Keeps getting better and better.

I wonder if Toru will play a role here. He's in the OP song so he must be important but he's dead. Wonder if he'll become a Shiki too. And yay, no Masao in this episode!
belatkuroAug 27, 2010 9:29 AM
Aug 27, 2010 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
i cant believe they let her in. If ANY bitch like that came to my door step and acted like that, i would stuck a fucking broom up her ass and kick that bitch out. SERIOUSLY! I guess they had to put this in there for the story, but i HIGHLY dont think someone would be that stupid, then again, theres alot of stupid ppl in this world.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Aug 27, 2010 10:52 AM

Apr 2009
Shizuka is creepy with a mysterious aura with it...
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Aug 27, 2010 12:49 PM

Mar 2010
In the whole episode i was like WOW!!!!
That girl will definitely give me nightmares..I was screaming "don't let her in, don't", but then the clever mother came and offered her hospitality..The father looked like he understood that something was wrong.I wish he had insisted some more..I really don't want them to die..
And it is pretty much settled that they cannot get inside the house to feed themselves if they are not invited..Damn, now i have to wait a week..It is a lot of time...Argh..
Aug 27, 2010 2:27 PM

Aug 2008
i actually didn't know that vampires can't come into a house uninvited, now i understand why the creepy little girl insisted (it's an euphemism) so much...but it's kinda messed up, she's like "let me in you stupid old man!" (great way to make yourself feel welcomed) and then the wife shows up and decides she's cute and harmless O_o
I would've shut that door in her face...
Aug 27, 2010 2:30 PM

Jun 2010
@ fatesyka i know right i was thinking that the whole time. Shes so BAKA : D!
Aug 27, 2010 2:59 PM

Aug 2009
D'aww, Shizuka was voiced by an 11 year-old-girl! Wow, young talent!
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Aug 27, 2010 5:10 PM

Jun 2010
I was watching this episode with very low sound, I could practicly not hear it.
And when it came to the puppet girl and she freaked out with the puppets I got freaked out, I imagined her voice to be so cruel and evil, resonating..
I turned up the volume a bit, and she sounded completely normal :S
..even the hand doll had a demon voice in my mind

Nice episode, though I think I liked it more when I wasn't yet sure what was troubling the village..
I'd like to everything.
Aug 27, 2010 5:49 PM

Aug 2008
MAN. I LOVE this anime. It keeps getting better and better. It's about damn time we get some REAL horror anime; that's not Higurashi for crying out loud.

jrnoel92 said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

My door would be slammed in its face, I don't care if it was a kid.

HAHAHA NAIIISE ONE.

By the way people, did you all notice that Shizuka was so angsty and desperate when Natsuno's dad didn't want to let her in. Why?

Thanks for the brilliant explanation, this makes sense. When I first saw the episode without reading this; I kept waiting for her to kill Natsuno's parents in any given time. But she was very smart with herself. Maybe she has no interest in killing Natsuno's parents; but Natsuno himself. After all, Natsuno is the all-knowing about this situation. It could be Kaori and her brother next; maybe she wants to wipe out Natsuno to keep this all secret.

My guess is the Shiki are developing a plan, really. Building an army and the ending will include a big war. Yes, I know I have an overactive imagination.

I gotta read the manga sometime.

<33333 this anime! Can't wait for next week's!
Aug 27, 2010 6:12 PM
Jan 2009
Damn, Natsuno's father should have just stuck to his guns. He already knew it wasn't safe to let the girl in but no, his mother had to come in and doom them all! mwahahahahaha
Aug 27, 2010 9:35 PM

Nov 2007
fucking creepy especially that girl. guess Natsuno and his family are bout to die. who the hell would let that creepy girl in your house? no doctor this time? him and the monk will have to solve this I guess as Natsuno is bout to die.

I feel bad for Natsuno's father ... he knew it was trouble but didn't know what he was getting into and just got his son killed.
Aug 28, 2010 12:42 AM
Jul 2008
They are still burying them, dammit, burn them.
Aug 28, 2010 3:03 AM

Jan 2010
Natsuno actually really looks like his parents... And his dad looks pretty cool. He was totally not going to let that child in. If only Natsuno's mom didn't come to interfere. I waited two days to watch it so that I didn't have to watch it at night and I'm really glad I did. xD
Aug 28, 2010 3:53 AM

Jan 2009
PURE damn cliffhanger. That was really scary.

Nice episode here. Very nice episode.
Liking Shiki -almost- to bits now.
Aug 28, 2010 5:17 AM

May 2010
That little girl at the end was creepy? Just, who she is!?

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Aug 28, 2010 5:28 AM

Jun 2009
Excellent episode. Music made a very good job this time, or i just haven't noticed it until now, well anyway, it was great. Though Natsuno's father seemed more composed that in the manga...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 28, 2010 7:19 AM

Jan 2009
The fuck is up with Shizuka? O.o Creppy kid >.>
And somehow, I get the feeling things are gonna get bad now that this Shizuka was allowed to enter <.<
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 28, 2010 8:21 AM

Jun 2009
I'm still perplexed by general score of this anime. "7.60" really? wow!

Anyway, that kid ticked me off seriously. At least, that horse faced Masao isn't in this episode or that would be 2x annoyance. I hope both of Natsuno's parents don't get bitten, the look pretty nice.
Aug 28, 2010 9:40 AM

May 2010
zimno said:

Just saw the episode. This is why I hate ventriloquism(sp?). I'm gonna have nightmares about this. And it's past midnight here... help?

Aug 28, 2010 10:02 AM

Mar 2009
Did not anybody get annoyed that they managed to knock a vampire unconscious for a long time too, just by hitting him in the head with a shovel?

It's a freakin' vampire, an undead! How is it even possible to knock such a thing unconscious as if it's a living a human...

With eps 7 and 8, I take all the praise back that I made for Shiki's vampires... They're just the Hollywood sub-standard type of vampires, after all.

But the story and characters are great. Suspense, atmosphere, agony and good pacing... So all is forgiven.

Btw, love the little vampire girl's attitude... Hmm, she was not one of the villagers so there seems to be more vampires that came along with Tatsumi and the Kirishiki family. Gotta wonder just how many are there....
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 28, 2010 10:13 AM

Aug 2010
kodial said:
Did not anybody get annoyed that they managed to knock a vampire unconscious for a long time too, just by hitting him in the head with a shovel?

It's a freakin' vampire, an undead! How is it even possible to knock such a thing unconscious as if it's a living a human...

With eps 7 and 8, I take all the praise back that I made for Shiki's vampires... They're just the Hollywood sub-standard type of vampires, after all.

But the story and characters are great. Suspense, atmosphere, agony and good pacing... So all is forgiven.

Btw, love the little vampire girl's attitude... Hmm, she was not one of the villagers so there seems to be more vampires that came along with Tatsumi and the Kirishiki family. Gotta wonder just how many are there....

it was kinda stupid but at least they don't sparkle 8D

Natsuno could have put a stake in his heart or something o_O not that it's really going to be necessary, anyway :/
Aug 28, 2010 10:33 AM

Aug 2009
Constantly throughout the episode, I kept saying "Cut off the damn head."
Aug 28, 2010 10:56 AM

Aug 2009
Even though they said that it's not like the vampires in movies, I noticed that it looks like they DO need permission before entering a house. That little freaky girl didn't just barge in Yuuki's room, did she? And before that Masao had to open the window to let the other vampire in.
But I don't really know..

Is anyone else a little confused right now?
Aug 28, 2010 11:04 AM

Aug 2010
Kazandravk said:
Even though they said that it's not like the vampires in movies, I noticed that it looks like they DO need permission before entering a house. That little freaky girl didn't just barge in Yuuki's room, did she? And before that Masao had to open the window to let the other vampire in.
But I don't really know..

Is anyone else a little confused right now?

Yes, they need permission to enter one's house.
Aug 28, 2010 2:48 PM

Jan 2008
Sunako does seem to drop hints to Seishin.

That guy stayed knocked out for awhile.

Shizuka is creepy, her doll is even worse.

Natsuno's dad should have slammed the door on her face. Natsuno's mom is a dumb ass. A weird child has a fit and throws something in your house yet you want to let her in? -___________________-
Aug 28, 2010 3:28 PM

Jun 2008
MeltyxBlood said:
i cant believe they let her in. If ANY bitch like that came to my door step and acted like that, i would stuck a fucking broom up her ass and kick that bitch out. SERIOUSLY! I guess they had to put this in there for the story, but i HIGHLY dont think someone would be that stupid, then again, theres alot of stupid ppl in this world.

Actually most people will have let her in before she started acting like a bitch.

But anyway the guy felt there was something wrong but his stupid wife with her "She just a little kid" bullshit wanted to let her in. He should have send his stupid wife back to the kitchen.
Never have this video been more appropriate.

SoraKuro said:
People are starting to hate the little girl more than they hate Masao XD

No fucking way. The little girl might be creepy but she's the right kind of creepy. She's supposed to be like that, scary and creepy. Actually in her own way she's awesome.
Masao on the other hand is creepy because his an alien mistake of nature that looks stupidly creepy, ugly and just makes you wanna puke.

BTW did you guys noticed that that vampire guy reacted with fear against the good luck charm?

Let's see now if Natsuno is gonna be able to save himself and his family.

Was that little window with scenes during the ending song the next episode preview?

zimno said:

...Actually, such a doll exists in Japan.

Hahahaha! Japan you are so awesome.
MonadAug 28, 2010 3:35 PM
Aug 28, 2010 4:43 PM

Oct 2008
zimno said:

Creepy, freaky yet awesome...
I'm glad I kept with this series, that scene was the best part of the whole episode. At least it seemed the Dad sensed something was wrong with the girl unlike the mother. Didn't she appear the slightest bit odd to her?

Rating, 5/5
Aug 28, 2010 5:06 PM

May 2008
Who the hell was the midget? Damn it, I hope Natsuno's parents won't get butchered. This show is really getting interesting by the episode.
Aug 28, 2010 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
Ugh, way to let a creepy little girl walk all over you, mom & dad. Seriously, even if they let her in, they should have kicked her out as soon as she had that temper tantrum.

According to the preview, next week we get more people with wacky hair!
Aug 28, 2010 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
Ugh, stupid parents. I guess the Japanese are more open in Japan but if I saw a little girl at 9pm, I wouldn't even open the door. She can starve for all I care.
Aug 28, 2010 8:52 PM

Nov 2008
So...we can pretty much conclude that the majority of the adults in Shiki are pretty slow. Although, despite the fact that Natsuno's Dad could have EASILY just closed the door in the evil little child's face, I feel a little sympathy for him. I mean, at least he actually acknowledged the fact that something was off about her.

His Mom...ugh...she's just plain dumb. A demonic looking little girl holding a geisha doll really shouldn't be put in the innocent category. If they wanted to be polite, they could've gently shut the door rather than slam it. Course...I would've reflexively kicked her AND slammed the door. >_>

Nevertheless, I'm eager to find out how she plays in all of this~
Aug 28, 2010 11:46 PM

Feb 2009
So. Fuckin'. Creepy.

Psh, I wouldn't let that crazy little girl in my house! I'd be like 'get the hell outta' here before I call the cops!' xD
Aug 29, 2010 12:54 AM

Feb 2010
Holy crap that girl was Freaky.
Aug 29, 2010 2:01 AM

Jul 2010
ScarletMuse said:
Holy crap that girl was Freaky.

I don't think so.
That girl was so cute<3<3<3
zimnoAug 29, 2010 7:33 AM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

959 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

313 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Nov 4, 2010

407 by Karva1 »»
Apr 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KingOmerta - Sep 16, 2010

191 by Karva1 »»
Apr 30, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Aug 12, 2010

189 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 9:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.