Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2010 2:05 AM

Jul 2010
Vcruzer said:
ikaofmon said:
since there's still no sub i found a realllly great translation!

[url=http://lieselope.blogspot.com/]http://lieselope.blogspot.com/

Awesome! Thanks! <333

Wow!! ty :3
Vcruzer said:
FiasCeyZ:

Your signature gif is amazing. Js. *-*

ty just from some random wallpaper - -" (and I just saw your comment, I see it's long ago whatever xD)
Jul 10, 2010 3:32 AM

Jul 2010
ikaofmon said:

thanks! :)

i just watched the episode with the translation.. and i found it weird. o.o

wtf lau is alive? maybe its a dream? o,o and in the prev you see aberlain, who was DEFINITELY dead... o,o and whats with madame red? D=
aws ep 2 didnt explain anything..

but i really liked the ciel x lizzy scenes! xD am i the only one who thinks that this pairing is cute? :<
Jul 10, 2010 3:37 AM

Apr 2010
Chiroyu said:

but i really liked the ciel x lizzy scenes! xD am i the only one who thinks that this pairing is cute? :<

I don't know about that but Lizzy certainly annoys the heck out of me.
Jul 10, 2010 4:26 AM
May 2008
DKCesia said:
I have the feeling...that this season...chronologically happens after the "Jack the Ripper Arc" and before the end of Season 1....this willbe a nice way to explain things....

Actually, that would make sense to me. I think you're right. It would explain why Lau and Ran Mao are there, and why noone holds a grudge against them.

Also, in the preview for next episode, that detective who was killed by Lau in season 1 appears, alive and well. I highly doubt they'd decide to revive him too, it seems more likely that episode 2 and 3 takes place before the ending of the first season.

Chiroyu said:

that wont work, cuz of the ring.

ciel gave it away ep 22 or 23, and i guess the man sold it to the Trancy's. and sebastian went there to get it back x3

I get the feeling that episode 1 of season 2 happens after the ending of season 1, and episode 2 of season 2 happens before the ending of season 1. In other words, they're not showing season 2 in chronological order. Well, it's just a hypothesis though, could be wrong.

This might be a bit off-topic, but why the hell are people posting reviews of season 2? If they want to post opinions about the first two episodes or of the new characters, should'nt those opinions belong in these threads?

It's way too early to judge the new characters anyway so give it a rest.
Jul 10, 2010 7:59 AM

Feb 2009
Hm.. this is rather fascinating!

neverine said:

In other words, they're not showing season 2 in chronological order. Well, it's just a hypothesis though, could be wrong.

I think this could be true, though I don't think it's very logical.. Ah well, I think we'll see next episode?
I hope they will continue on what we've seen in episode 1 (they have to), because right now I'm very confused.
Jul 10, 2010 8:50 AM

Apr 2010
ikaofmon said:

Thanks! Was finally able to understand this episode! ^_^

Tho, I'm confused... Does this episode happen after season 1's ending or is like a flashback episode to some part in season 1?

I can get how Lau and Ran Mao are suddenly alive, since well, they fell into the water. Normally, people who fall into the water aren't really dead. :|

But after seeing the preview for the next episode, I got confused. 'Coz that was definitely Aberlaine (sp?)--Madame Red could just be some hallucination... But that was definitely Aberlaine, even though, he looked like a MUCH older Aberlaine. Unless... it's an entirely different character that's cosplaying as Aberlaine. =))
Jul 10, 2010 8:51 AM

Jun 2009
I'm not going to lie, this episode let me down a little bit.
As much as i like this series, I hated the whole " one problem every episode" thing, but loved adored the general plot. And it's gone back to that now that Ciel and Sebastian are back :C

And i was sooo looking forward to a whole new cast of characters, with a few cameos :V

Oh well...
Jul 10, 2010 10:22 AM

Jan 2010
I couldn't resist:

Jul 10, 2010 10:30 AM

Jul 2010
holypoop said:
I couldn't resist:

TEAM PHANTOMHIVE!!!!
Jul 10, 2010 10:35 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009

hehe
Jul 10, 2010 11:32 AM
Feb 2010
So I forgot to watch the end again, and I noticed Madam Red this time. Crap, the only one they are gonna let stay dead is the frickin' dog!

On another note: GRELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL~~~~~~~~!
Jul 10, 2010 11:59 AM

Jul 2010
holypoop said:

yeah ! xD
Jul 10, 2010 12:49 PM

Oct 2008
Boring episode . . . . Maybe i expected too much after the first episode . . . .
Jul 10, 2010 1:09 PM

Aug 2009
holypoop said:
I couldn't resist:

xDDDD, great idea (OhMyGrell, best avatar ever)

btw, I'm on

=DD

silent_killer said:
Boring episode . . . . Maybe i expected too much after the first episode . . . .

Yar, it was pretty dull compared to the first one.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 10, 2010 1:23 PM

Oct 2008
^exactly . This is where the first series went down for me . Inconsistency wit the plot . . Episode x would be awesome , y would suck , z would be average . .
Jul 10, 2010 1:38 PM

Dec 2009
Jul 10, 2010 2:12 PM
May 2010
I think that this is an episode of sebastian or someone remembering the past i don't think that this is in the present because lau died and even if he was back ciel wouldn't accept him that easily after everything he did, besides in the next episode you can see a shot of detective Aberline, so i don't think that they brought everyone back from the dead so the most logical explanation is that this are things that happen in the past when they were alive.
Jul 10, 2010 2:43 PM

Nov 2009
I'm making gifs of the second op. I can't resist!
Jul 10, 2010 3:00 PM

Jun 2009
yes YES YES I AM EXCITED ABOUT THIS Ep 3 hurry up
Jul 10, 2010 3:06 PM

Mar 2008

Team Grell? plox <3

Edit: People still subbing Ep1, where's mah ep2 already?!
sethiroth66Jul 10, 2010 3:33 PM
Jul 10, 2010 3:23 PM
May 2009
Wahh?? How can u guys be disappointed that the new pair is not coming back?! I mean Aloud creeped me out with his ever changing personality and sticking his finger into poor Hana's eye >.< SCARY!!!

For me, Ciel's a much better master. And somehow, I figure Sebby has more charisma with his smile and poses, Claude is kinda interesting... But still Sebby all the way~~

I'm just sooooo glad Ciel didn't die and the happy people of Phantomhive are back together :DD
still, I don't rlly get the purpose of season 2, cuz Ciel already got his wish didn't he??
Jul 10, 2010 3:48 PM

Jan 2008
Highlights:

1. GRELL IN THE OPENING.
  2. The Deer Mask cameo. Hilarious.
  3. Tanaka. Interrupting. Sebastian. xD
  4. NEXT EPISODE NAO PLZ. UNDERTAKERRRRRRRRRRRRRR HELL YEAAAAAAAAHHH!!

But I really don't understand what's going on here. Great WTF at seeing Lau, though I don't remember what exactly happened to him in the first season. But it was quite a WTF moment anyway.

And I dunno, everything seemed way too normal and happy and nyan considering the previous events, so I think we'll just have to wait and see...

And see GRELL AND THE UNDERTAKER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!! (I need that episode now. I absolutely love those two. I can't wait to see them again!)

And also...

FTW.
Jul 10, 2010 4:02 PM

Dec 2009

Good episode and I like the new opening.Hopefully it will be subbed soon.
Jul 10, 2010 4:14 PM

Oct 2008

<3

I want moar Alois :< and SUBS F*****G WHERE!
SeiraVBielefeltJul 10, 2010 4:19 PM
Pixiv @Rakkou
Deviantart @Ryucchan
Drawing Processes @Youtube
Jul 10, 2010 5:11 PM

Nov 2008

The new opening was nice, but the episode was disappointing, it felt like a filler.

Episode 1 ended with Sebastian telling Ciel to open his eyes, so this episode was probably just a dream (which would explain why Lau is alive)

I read somewhere that Alois will only come back in episode 4. Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Jul 10, 2010 5:45 PM
May 2010
Vcruzer said:
Wtf? They sub SPANISH before English?

I'm not racist I swear but that just seems so weird to me.

I think It's because there are a lot of people that follows anime in Spain
Jul 10, 2010 5:46 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Jul 10, 2010 6:26 PM

Nov 2009
Guys! It's English subbed!

Click!

*Just realized someone posted it*

Oh well xD
VcruzerJul 10, 2010 6:29 PM
Jul 10, 2010 6:45 PM

Nov 2007
:O! It's OUT already! Holy crap I must watch it now!! xD Are the subs out yet? :3
Jul 10, 2010 6:48 PM

Jun 2010
siren, vcruzer thank you both so much!!! just wish it was better quality ::runs off to go watch it... again::
Jul 10, 2010 6:59 PM

Jun 2009

Yay Subs~ Be back soon~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 10, 2010 7:53 PM

Jul 2010
lolliriot said:
I think that this is an episode of sebastian or someone remembering the past i don't think that this is in the present because lau died and even if he was back ciel wouldn't accept him that easily after everything he did, besides in the next episode you can see a shot of detective Aberline, so i don't think that they brought everyone back from the dead so the most logical explanation is that this are things that happen in the past when they were alive.

some of my mind thinking like that way too, but if that were true then AW! what would happen to my ciel T_T~?

Jul 10, 2010 8:03 PM

Mar 2008
The subs are kinda annoying on the stream, i can baerly read them before the next line, so i'm like, wtf is this @#%&
Jul 10, 2010 8:46 PM

Jun 2009
Excellent episode, although I wish Elizabeth would grow out of her obnoxious behavior. Can't we have Team Grell banners. Any way I am so happy to see that Grell is back next episode. Would it have killed the subbers to put the long sentences together instead of having them fad off. Oh well, next looks good I am so excited.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 10, 2010 8:51 PM

Apr 2009
This episode was cute. Grell and Undertaker next episode, huh? Pretty exciting. When are Alois and Claude coming back! I miss them alreadyyy.

I laughed very loudly about three times, hope my family didnt hear. ahaha:)
Jul 10, 2010 10:15 PM

Oct 2009
Jul 10, 2010 10:51 PM

Apr 2010
Ehh. I think not showing Alois and Claude for a couple of episodes is a ploy. I mean, people are posting that they want Alois back opposing to the reaction the first episode got.

To me, its looks like they're are manipulating the fandom so that Alois and Ciel fans are equal.
Jul 10, 2010 11:53 PM
Feb 2010
I would join team Grell!

I can't honestly say I know what I thought about the episode except annoyed by Elizabeth and overjoyed by Grell and the Undertaker. :3
Jul 10, 2010 11:56 PM

Jul 2009
never had an anime give me goosebumps at how awful it was... I'm glad Alios wasn't in such a shitty ep. =I
Jul 11, 2010 12:00 AM

Nov 2009
What to say about this episode...

I'd give it a 7/10.

Of course, the first one was 10/10.

This episode wasn't as interesting as the first. I am overjoyed to see my lovely Sebastian though, which is why the rating I gave this episode is higher than most. <3

But seriously.. Lizzy... Ugh. I don't think I can stand another peep out of her mouth.

Ciel is adorable as ever, and of course, Sebastian is by far the sexiest anime character out there, even if it's just my opinion.
Jul 11, 2010 12:22 AM

Nov 2008
i'm under the impression that this episode is set before Ciel died in order to draw a parallel between his happy life before and whatever his life is like in the present (as ressurected). i'm guessing we'll probably get a few episodes set in the past to build a good base for the 'after ressurection' Phantomhive vs Trancy story.

it seems most likely; sebastian lost his arm in the first series, lou was dead or missing, and the other servants were presumed dead, dying or missing. not to mention the ressurection, the fast that london and the mansion burned down, and that ciel was considered dead as well (he was shot by police, right? *can't remmeber too well*... all of london would know that he's dead).

they wouldn't just leave all that unexplained or skip so far into the future that none of it was relevent and then skip back later and explain it. i hope not, anyway ;u;
XephiaJul 11, 2010 12:26 AM
Jul 11, 2010 1:02 AM

Mar 2010
Wow, an amazing new op!!And Grell is in it!!But no Undertaker...:((
I really hope they bring the new master-servant pair back in the plot, because i already like them!I would like to see some kind of conflict between Alois & Ciel..Other than that, Sebastian's face when he opened the basket and saw the pig was priceless !!Elizabeth is really getting on my nerves.She is such a helpless crybaby..
Anyway, next episode with Grell and Undertaker must be awesome..Can't wait!
P.S.Lau didn't die in the end of the 1st season??Why is he alive??Not that i mind!He is great!!
Jul 11, 2010 1:38 AM

Dec 2009
Aww... Ciel X Lizzy is cute... but I don't want cute! A little bit here and there is fine, but I hope this season isn't all picnics and hand-holding.

...maybe I'm just grumpy from not having an explanation of what is going on with the timeline and everybody being alive... Patience. Patience.
ilikeyouevenmoreJul 11, 2010 1:42 AM
Jul 11, 2010 1:43 AM

Sep 2008
Why is Elizabeth still in this anime!!
She's annoying as ever and ruining the anime
Jul 11, 2010 1:58 AM

Jul 2010
the subs are out on youtube.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYBR0gVwCcw
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYkOLaz2VGQ
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjzv3ffZqEg

but i wonder what that means:

"If it's the dream-like dream, it's right at that hill" - sebastian

so it IS a dream? o,o I WANNA SEE NEXT EP Q_Q
Jul 11, 2010 2:00 AM
Jul 2018
Kugutsue said:
Chiroyu said:

I don't know about that but Lizzy certainly annoys the heck out of me.

I agree. I don't like Lizzy...
she's really annoying.

Anyway,
Tanaka-san appeared~ LOL!

Can't wait for the next episode.
Grell~~~!
Jul 11, 2010 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
To me the ep entirely really just left me confused. I could've sworn that this episode takes place after Ciel has "come back to life" but Lau is there (alive) and talking to Ciel like everything's good between them and in the previews for the 3rd ep I swear I saw Alberline (I think that's how it's spelled) alive when everyone knows he's dead. Plus they answer none of the questions that the first episode brought up and it doesn't look like the next one will either....
On the other hand, I also thought the episode was cute and I loved how the opening theme was changed (meaning the first op was just to trick us into believing that Ciel wasn't coming back) so kudos on that :)
But again...... clear up the confusion please! -___-''
Hopefully it's just me needing patience.... A LOT of it lol :P
Jul 11, 2010 2:33 AM
May 2008
IndigoSkyline said:
Ehh. I think not showing Alois and Claude for a couple of episodes is a ploy. I mean, people are posting that they want Alois back opposing to the reaction the first episode got.

To me, its looks like they're are manipulating the fandom so that Alois and Ciel fans are equal.

Not everyone hated Alois when watching the first episode;P but it doesnt really matter whether you like or dislike him, conflicts are what makes stories interesting, my guess is that ppl wants him back so that the "real battle" can begin, so we wont have to watch these kind of crappy, stereotypical episodes.

to me, It seems likely that they've "reset" the timeline in order to explain the relationship between Phantomhive and Trancy and to explain the details about why Ciel is alive - not to manipulate the characters popularity.
neverineJul 11, 2010 2:38 AM
Jul 11, 2010 2:34 AM

Aug 2008
Subs freaking WHERE.
Jul 11, 2010 2:37 AM

Jun 2010
Vcruzer said:

Ciel is adorable as ever, and of course, Sebastian is by far the sexiest anime character out there, even if it's just my opinion.

trust me, it's not!
::drools::
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veain - Sep 16, 2010

850 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Sep 2, 2010

364 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Today, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Aug 19, 2010

1505 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Yesterday, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Aug 5, 2010

208 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Yesterday, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Jul 22, 2010

200 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 23, 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.