Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2010 10:46 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kind of anti-climactic ending, although it makes sense since its a prequel. Pretty good show. Probably going to pick up the regular manga to see Kenshiro's story and how Raoh has progressed since this show.
Feb 18, 2011 7:53 AM

Dec 2009
pretty awesome ending for those who have seen the main series first.
Mar 11, 2012 1:08 AM
Mar 2012
I saw this one and I really liked it. Can someone please tell me, is there anything after this? Before this? Where is this series fit in? I wanna see what happens next. Please!
Jul 26, 2012 8:27 PM

Jul 2012
remusvisan said:
I saw this one and I really liked it. Can someone please tell me, is there anything after this? Before this? Where is this series fit in? I wanna see what happens next. Please!

After this the Fist of the North Star anime series begins. This is a prequel.
Aug 18, 2012 6:29 PM

Aug 2008
this show was meh ok, this isnt Hokuto no Ken post apocalypse setting or medieval? this one felt to me like medieval fantasy only thing they have from modern time is skyscrapers in background all ride horses clothes armor from medieval very rare punks with motorbikes which was iconic trash mobs in original.
Mar 1, 2013 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
Overall, an alright series although lacks a bit in some of the bits in the story. Oh and I thought Raoh's development with some of the other characters were a bit weak. Other than that, not bad and I'll give it a 7.5/10

This episode was okay with the fights although the ending was...uh weak with Sakuya in the mix. RIP SAKUYA.
Jan 24, 2015 9:56 PM
Oct 2009
Hated it. Then again I hated the entire show. Bad story. Bad animation. Bad characters.
Nov 27, 2015 7:50 PM

Jul 2010
This didn't even feel like Hokuto no Ken, and that's a bad thing. Didn't even care for the new characters either. Solid meh 5/10.
Jan 7, 2017 5:08 PM

Aug 2012
I liked the series but it was certainly a low budget production. Fleshing out the earlier days of Raoh was fun to watch and drummed in his beliefs and ideals.

What I didn't like was the look of the whole thing, the show is washed out and grey which is a stark contrast to the yellow, oranges and olive greens of the original series. Also like everyone else the huge swing from Mad Max Biker Gangs in the original to the Medieval armies was jarring to say the least. I think a closer blend between the two would have definitely of struck a better balance.

Perhaps my biggest annoyance is what was done to the character of Juda, who basically became a whipping boy which is a pretty big fall from where he is in the Original series.

In the end I feel that Legend of the Dark King is a solid series that does abit more to flesh out a key character in the HnK story but it falls short at making itself fit into that universe in a seamless manner.
Aug 15, 2019 7:02 AM

May 2012
I loved the series. Nice to know some of Raoh backstory

Dec 27, 2019 5:57 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see a battle between Souther and Raoh

Rip Sakuya

Overall nice to know how Raoh became a ruler, visuals a bit poor and story sometimes a bit bland but still reasonably enjoyable

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken - Raoh Gaiden Ten no Haoh Episode 2 Discussion

Yokurama - Nov 9, 2008

8 by ReaperCreeper »»
Sep 27, 2020 7:21 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken: Raoh Gaiden Ten no Haoh Episode 12 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 13, 2012

1 by Unkrowned »»
Dec 27, 2019 5:49 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken: Raoh Gaiden Ten no Haoh Episode 11 Discussion

1 by Unkrowned »»
Dec 27, 2019 5:42 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken: Raoh Gaiden Ten no Haoh Episode 10 Discussion

1 by Unkrowned »»
Dec 27, 2019 5:35 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken: Raoh Gaiden Ten no Haoh Episode 9 Discussion

1 by Unkrowned »»
Dec 27, 2019 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.