Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2010 4:46 PM

Apr 2009
1 MORE EPISODE left and another hot anime is cataloged
Jun 27, 2010 4:53 PM

Jun 2008
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

I will anxiously await the finale next week, but FMA without a doubt has been an incredible journey.

I will miss it VERY much.

10/10 Manga
10/10 Anime

Simply Amazing.
Jun 27, 2010 5:06 PM

Apr 2009
Another great episode, ending was very cool
Jun 27, 2010 5:15 PM

Feb 2009
Amazing, they actually outdid the manga.

The Greed sacrifice was great, as was Father imploding in on himself and getting pulled into his own gate and of course Ed sacrificing his alchemy for Alphonse.

But what put this one over the top was the way they made much of the second half a loving farewell to Hohenheim. Having the ending credits sequence recut with all of the key Hohenheim/Elric family moments was a great idea, and the scene with Hohenheim's final words at Trisha's grave is absolutely heartfelt.

I don't like to rate an anime series before I complete it, but I'll make an exception for this one. The last episode could be animated using only stick figures and this series will still be a 10 to me.

Jun 27, 2010 5:21 PM
Mar 2010
only 1episode left omg omg ;O
Jun 27, 2010 5:23 PM

Sep 2009
Even in death that bastard Greed had to be greedy.
Couldn't stand being a badguy.
Had to go out being a Hero.
Amazing episode.
Jun 27, 2010 5:52 PM
Jun 2010
nice way to end a great show, they had to kill greed cuz it won't be "natural" to leave a homonculus alive (though Pride is somehow still alive but anyway). Cute way ed's father died, kinda reminds me of Wrath's death. I hoped that ed would do something awesome in FMA:B instead of gathering allies and giving the final blow, but I guess it's too late :/

I give 8/10 cuz the story was dragged for way too long and a lot things in anime are never explained/doesn't make sense + the art is not that great.

Jun 27, 2010 6:06 PM

Dec 2008
It was nice that this episode wasn't rushed.

Poor Roy, having the end of the world and then the revival of the world happen in front of you, yet not being able to see anything...

Yeah, that sucks for him.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jun 27, 2010 6:09 PM

Jun 2009
Loved it. I cried, I cheered and now I'm looking forward to having Ch. 108 extended. Then, it'll be back to feeling melancholy because the show AND the manga will be over. Note to self: buy DVD'sand manga ASAP to relive the magic.
---
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv
Jun 27, 2010 6:13 PM

Dec 2008
Was I the only one who disliked the scenes involving Greed's sacrifice and Father's death? I thought they were corny and I can honestly say I was laughing when Father was being pulled into the Gate =/ There's something about a cute eyeball-creature being pulled in by cartoon hands that I find funny.

In other words, I disliked the first half of the episode. The second half, with Ed facing Truth and Hohenheim's death were great and I genuinely liked them, particularly Hohenheim. So, the episode gets a 2.5/5 from me, but for the sake of whole numbers, I'll round up to a 3/5.

I'll be sad when this is all over, though. FMA and Durarara - the two series I've been closely and avidly following since they started - completed within a week of each other means I'll have to find another series to be excited for =_=;
Jun 27, 2010 6:27 PM
Sep 2009
supersayen said:
Pride is somehow still alive

No, Pride the homunculus is dead. Ed saved the original Selim's soul and gave him his original body back. Apparently doing this reverts the body back to a fetus, though, which I don't really understand.
Jun 27, 2010 6:28 PM

Oct 2009
Gazandoom said:
SenseiBanzai said:
Fatories said:
Final rating: Epic/10

nough said.

Thanks god they remade it cause its nowhere close to what the old one was...

Hopefully we will see again something as good as this anime

Agreed, this ending was much better than the ending they had in the first anime.

I disagree, the 3 last episodes of the old series were perfect, in one of them it even had music of Beethoven!
But in this series it was excelent too, only think Father was taken down to fast, even Fuher appeared much more.

Still, Best anime Ever without doubt.
Jun 27, 2010 6:42 PM

Aug 2008
Fantastic episode. Truly Sad Greed died! And Mustang has no sight.

It was good to see Greed finally find closure/meaning - be satisfied with his life in the end, he finally was able to fulfill his "Greed." Going out as a hero in the last crippling blow to father, and seeing how much everyone cared for him.

11/10 anime.

Genius of Ed to think of that way in getting his brother back. And discovering the "answer".

As someone mentioned earlier, I agree, having some sort of light novel/manga/book something with more info about "Truth" would be awesome.
Jun 27, 2010 6:52 PM

Jun 2010
Ah Hohenheim died with a smile, he must be a D.
Jun 27, 2010 7:02 PM

Mar 2009
OMG. i haven't read the manga, so i would've never guessed he was going to sacrifice his alchemy. D:
great episode though :) very satisfied
Ouran12Jun 27, 2010 7:08 PM
Jun 27, 2010 7:42 PM

Jul 2009
This episode can only be described as AWESOME...

One episode to go, and it's finally goodbye to an epic manga ~.~

SkyFade said:
Ah Hohenheim died with a smile, he must be a D.

:D
This is a signature.
Jun 27, 2010 7:45 PM

Nov 2008
renkinotaku said:
(i'm scared how ed would react to that if he somehow wasn't aware that his dad would go away if he rids the world of alchemy....)

he didnt rid the entire world of alchemy.....he only got rid of his alchemy

-Hei- said:
Why do people think this was the last episode? Sad...

Emotional episode was emotional ;_;

they dont lol they just consider this the end of the story and next is the epilogue :) which it is
Jun 27, 2010 7:48 PM
Jul 2009
if Ed and Alphonse can get their bodies back, shouldn't Mustang be able to get his vision back?
Jun 27, 2010 7:48 PM

Aug 2008
A very sad/happy/whatever other feelings there are episode since we all know it's so close to the end now. This is a near perfect anime.

Isn't it odd to see Al actually shorter than Ed even with the stealing growth-spurt stuff that was supposed to happen?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2010 8:01 PM

Apr 2010
ArcticMech said:

Can't wait to see the finale and hopefully a decent amount of Ed x Winry.

Agreed. I also think some Mustang x Riza action would be some great fan service ^ ^
Jun 27, 2010 9:01 PM
Mar 2009
ashkon77 said:
if Ed and Alphonse can get their bodies back, shouldn't Mustang be able to get his vision back?

If you are asking if Edward's sacrifice would get Roy's vision back, then no, he is not in the same truth plain. Edward and Alphonse is on the same truth plain because they performed the same transmutation circle together. Roy's truth wasn't there to be fetched.

If you are asking if Roy would use the same method as Edward, once again no. Roy, unlike Edward, won't have a gate to get out. Since Al's gate was in the same truth plain as Edward, he was able to use Al's gate to return. Roy doesn't have a back door.
Jun 27, 2010 9:04 PM

Aug 2007
What a great episode. Hard to believe that its been over a year, since this all started and its all coming to an end next week. With the epilogue coming next, it seems I won't be disappointed, its been a great run. :D
Jun 27, 2010 9:23 PM

Aug 2008
silent_killer said:
I don't understand why bones had an average animation director working for this episode . I don't get it . . For such a key episode , damn it .
The animation wasn't even close to the last three episodes and the artwork was too simplistic . .
For once, I agree with you.
Jun 27, 2010 9:35 PM

May 2010
This was an epic episode. I'm glad to see Hohenhiem die with a smile on his face.
Jun 27, 2010 9:37 PM
Apr 2009
I wished they dragged out the fight with the "father" a little longer. or maybe thats just me.

also, maybe its just the fangirl in me but I was expecting more "shirtlessness" from ed with different angles and stuff. the manga seem to emphasize how much ed grew up.

I LOVED how this episode had an extended tribute for HOho papa, with extra thank yous, and a ending tribute to him. although it made me cry ;A:

the last quarter of the series is turning out amazingly ;D

can't wait for the last episode.
Jun 27, 2010 10:03 PM

Feb 2010
Amazing episode. Well paced, and Ed and Al got their bodies back ^^
Jun 27, 2010 10:04 PM

Jan 2009
great episode one more episode left
Jun 27, 2010 10:18 PM

Jun 2010
Hohenheim passing away was very emotional... and also Greed

damn only one episode left. I'll will really miss this anime.

GREAT ANIME!! 10/10
-= Space for Rent =-
Jun 27, 2010 10:22 PM

Jun 2009
This was great, finished off Fullmetal Alchemist in all its glory.

Now, hopefully the last episode will show alittle more of what happened to everyone afterwards than the manga did lol

5/5

What Fai? No 9000/5 option this time? :(
Jun 27, 2010 10:38 PM

Feb 2010
I am so biased when it comes to this anime, episode was epic im gona miss this anime T_T
Jun 27, 2010 11:09 PM

Nov 2007
Can't believe its actually over. I guess final episode will be to round of on the life after this. All time loved anime!

T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 27, 2010 11:11 PM

Jun 2009
Too many manly tears were shed in this episode. Actually, this can be considered an ending to me but they added 1 more episode for an epic closure.

Best anime to come out in recent years so far. 10/10 for FMA that lived up to it's name. Brotherhood indeed.
Jun 27, 2010 11:44 PM

Apr 2008
Hohenheim... My favorite character...
May you rest in peace.

I... I... have no words. Everything happened just as I expected it, with the exception of Edward's sacrifice, and Hohenheim's triumphant death...
Or maybe I'm just in shock. I... I just can't believe it is over. I know there is one episode left... but... I don't want it to be over. Greed has found his way into my heart, and he wants Fullmetal Alchemist, the greatest story ever told, to live on forever.

Alas, I must let go. It was an amazing, exciting, wild, crazy, intense ride, and I enjoyed every millisecond of it.

Hiromu Arakawa... Arakawa-Sensei - You are extremely deserving of The Nobel Prize in Literature.
I commend you with the highest honor possible. Thank you... thank you for this beautiful piece of work that you have bestowed upon the world. Not only have you have poured your heart and soul into the pages of Fullmetal Alchemist, but also, into the hearts and minds of millions around the world.

Fullmetal Alchemist... Fullmetal Alchemist... Fullmetal... Alchemist.

Here is an award that I created specially for this occasion:

Jun 28, 2010 12:01 AM

Jan 2008
_Vincent_ said:

Hiromu Arakawa... Arakawa-Sensei - You are extremely deserving of The Nobel Prize in Literature.
I commend you with the highest honor possible. Thank you... thank you for this beautiful piece of work that you have bestowed upon the world. Not only have you have poured your heart and soul into the pages of Fullmetal Alchemist, but also, into the hearts and minds of millions around the world.

Yes, I would second that nomination. I was just thinking that Arakawa should be recognized for her amazing work. Brotherhood is THE MOST complete story adapted from a manga EVER to be animated. I don't know if I have the confidence to say that FMA is my favorite anime but it has a special place in my mind as THE BEST shounen anime/manga. I am going to savor the last episode, finally an anime with an epilogue to close the greatest experience in all my years of anime watching.
Jun 28, 2010 12:08 AM

Aug 2009
anime/manga of the decade. So sad to see Greed and Hohenheim go.
Jun 28, 2010 12:20 AM
May 2010
Arakawa deserves every praise this world has to offer.

If I ever met her. It wouldn't be an annoying high pitched squeel. I'd probably sink to my knees and cry as I tried to get the words "thank you" out of my mouth between sobs.
Jun 28, 2010 12:25 AM

May 2009
A good ending, especially since they both ended with their bodies back! If they ended it with Ed in his automail and Al in the suit, I would've been wtfpissed.

Still one of the things I liked about the first anime was how the movie tied it into a parallel world of ours in Nazi Germany. The scene where Ed steps out and theres giant epic zeppelins flying around was one of my favorite parts of the original.
Jun 28, 2010 12:40 AM

Oct 2008
People's response to this episode , is so emotional . . I'm on the verge of tears :(
Jun 28, 2010 12:54 AM

Jun 2010
You can say many things but the Episode was in one word EPIC AS HELL! An yes that are three words :P

Jun 28, 2010 1:16 AM

Mar 2008
I cried so much T_______T Especially when Hohenheim and Ed cried. Also so glad that Al got his body safely back.

RIP Hohenheim ;__;
Jun 28, 2010 1:36 AM

Feb 2010
No words describe the epicness of this episode.
Jun 28, 2010 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
Love every Minute of this episode RI.P Hohenheim R.I.P. Greed

5/5
Jun 28, 2010 1:53 AM

Jun 2010
10/10

Funny, I haven't cried in years and this anime has brought me to the brink of tears twice: the death of Hughes and the ending theme with Hohenheim's back story. Ridiculous episode that evokes so many emotions. Best ending theme ever.
Jun 28, 2010 1:54 AM
Mar 2010
If Hohenhaim was going to die he should have used his powers to get Al back.... at least Edward would be able to use Alchemy.... he probably didn't know he was going to die though.
Jun 28, 2010 2:56 AM

Jul 2008
Loved the episode. It was simply amazing and like with manga, I cried. But the last episode .... well I know what's gonna happen and I' so not liking it but .... it's FMA ending .... and for good... damn it ;___;

Jun 28, 2010 3:00 AM

Jun 2010
KaaN10 said:
If Hohenhaim was going to die he should have used his powers to get Al back.... at least Edward would be able to use Alchemy.... he probably didn't know he was going to die though.

On the contrary. In my opinion, Hohenheim knew he was going to die. However, it's the principle which Ed and Al stood by which restrained them from considering sacrificing Hohenheim. Ed and Al agreed to not involve the lives of others in retrieving their bodies. That's only my opinion though.
Jun 28, 2010 3:10 AM

Jun 2009
Hmmmm... Was expecting a bit more from this episode. Loved the progression but they could have handled Greed's departure a bit better. Many moments they could have inserted a nice tune such as the Ed and Hoho conversation.

AWESOME despair for the dwarf in the flask :D win win win

Thought that this ED looks slightly more BADASS without smiling http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/108/042-043/

i hope that they do cover some of the things missed here in the next and final episode. *sniff* I will miss FMA. GREATEST series for 2009-2010 and maybe for many years to come.

4/5 for me then
Jun 28, 2010 3:12 AM

Feb 2009
What? Just like this?

Jun 28, 2010 3:22 AM

Oct 2008
kool_kidak said:

i hope that they do cover some of the things missed here in the next and final episode. *sniff* I will miss FMA. GREATEST series for 2009-2010 and maybe for many years to come.

well , i think theyve skipped all that mainly to give hoho a decent farewell....hopefully , everything's gonna be covered in the next episode.....
Jun 28, 2010 3:35 AM

Aug 2008
10/10 loved the episode, one of the best animes ever made and just epic
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.