Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 26, 2009 12:56 PM

Jul 2008
this movie was good the best one yet the way lee defeated the earth guy was beastly^^
Apr 26, 2009 1:53 PM

Oct 2008
This was really good. Fuck off Naruto haters if there's any lurking around here.
>_>
Nov 12, 2009 11:04 PM

Mar 2008
I just finished watching Viz Media's Uncut English Dub, I loved this movie alot.

So much Lee action ^.^!!!

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Dec 2, 2009 8:50 PM

Mar 2007
Lol @ Naruto not getting what Shion actually meant at the end...

Also, Rock Lee's Drunken Fist... gotta love it haha
eLiT3_Dec 2, 2009 8:53 PM
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Dec 5, 2009 8:27 AM

Nov 2008
Wow.Great Ending xDxD
May 11, 2010 6:20 AM
Mar 2008
hope shion makes an apprence in the anime going and telling naruto it is time to keep his promise that wold be funny
Sep 5, 2010 9:44 PM
Jun 2007
xxjanism said:
Mire said:
Neji: "Naruto will go take care of Shion!"
Sakura: "But Naruto will die omg!"
Neji: "This is exactly why Naruto should go!"
All (incl Naruto): "Yay~"

the first one made me go lol, the last two were more like wtf and huh?

This quote is just Neji expressing the fact that he thinks Naruto should just die, lols.
Feb 5, 2011 6:49 PM

Oct 2008
Lol'd at the end. XD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 25, 2011 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
They could have gone a bit more creative than "Mine and Shion's ultra-chakra Rasengan", i mean come on that thing looked like something out of maagical girl anime. ^_^

Anyway, it was like one of the better filler arcs with nice animation and sound.

I'll be giving this a 7 or 8 out of 10 i think, also this was my first Naruto film so i'll defo check the rest out soon. xD
Mar 21, 2011 2:10 PM

Aug 2010
Once again, the fights were the only good part. Man, I hope that the fifth film is better!
Bum Bum Dum Dum

May 23, 2011 4:03 PM

Jan 2011
Well, the movie was ok...

The part with "destiny" reminded me of nejis hebaviour in the past...
And WTF... It reminds me of "Final Destination"
~You will see you death, but you can't fight your destiny! The death gets who ever he wants Ò.o~
(Oh and a little bit "Inu Yasha", too... Miroku -> priest... and the demon + priest-fusionthing)

And! OMG! I REALLY LOVE THE END! X'D

(note: free translation from german to english)
Shion: "And my power need to be given to the next priest. What do you say, naruto? Will you help me?"
*lee and kakashi lookng really shocked at her*
Naruto: "Sure! I do everything that is necessary!"
xD
If naruto realized later what he said???

Dec 2, 2011 1:33 PM

Mar 2010
YaminiZouren said:

And! OMG! I REALLY LOVE THE END! X'D
Shion: "And my power need to be given to the next priest. What do you say, naruto? Will you help me?"
*lee and kakashi lookng really shocked at her*
Naruto: "Sure! I do everything that is necessary!"
xD
If naruto realized later what he said???

that was by far the best part for me i couldnt stop laughing naruto is such an idiot i would of liked to see everones reaction after he said that though... lol

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Feb 2, 2012 6:47 PM

Dec 2009
What I liked in this movie was only the tiny romance of Shion and Naruto.
I also like how Naruto always reveals the "truth" to the main character on a movie.

[Cute scenes:] sexy hair flip, Naruto saving Shion and...
when Shion says "So, Naruto? Aren't you going to help me?" - "Whatever you need help on, just say the words!"
basically meaning that to do that, he'll have to stay with her, and she's kinda confessing to him which Naruto doesn't realize.
Feb 2, 2012 7:02 PM

Dec 2009

Shion: "And, this power. Has to be passed down to the next generation of priestess"
"So, Naruto? Aren't you going to help me?"

Naruto: "Whatever you need help on, just say the words!"

Wait... what exactly does Shion mean by that? So she's asking if Naruto will help her on making babies by having sex!?
If so, then I'm also glad that Sakura didn't ruin the moment! x3
Mar 8, 2012 11:42 PM

Jun 2009
Fuck, I'd totally take Shion up on her offer if I was Naruto....

Anyway, a fairly solid movie. Yeah, it's the same old same old, but I think it was better executed here than in the other movies.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 22, 2012 6:46 PM

Apr 2011
insan3soldiern said:
Fuck, I'd totally take Shion up on her offer if I was Naruto....

Anyway, a fairly solid movie. Yeah, it's the same old same old, but I think it was better executed here than in the other movies.

For sure. I would too. That's the high priestess! :D

Liked how much action there was in this movie. Started off with an epic death scene.
Dec 15, 2012 8:31 PM

May 2012
Good movie. Way better than the part 1 movies.
Jan 28, 2013 6:50 PM

Mar 2012
Decent movie
Nothing special though to be honest
Typical of a Naruto movie though.. seemingly overpowered enemy is overcome in the end. Although that Rasengan at the end was pretty cool (;
Mar 30, 2013 11:42 AM

Apr 2010
Such a beautiful movie, I almost cried at the end of it. T^T
Jun 28, 2013 8:03 PM

Aug 2012
Lol the ending, reaction from Kakashi, Lee and Sakura. Priceless
Dec 1, 2013 3:50 PM

Mar 2009
I for one thought it was great, it reminded me of the early, goofy Naruto. With and extra helping of the Geart!!!
That's what I miss about the first series, is how much heart and inspiration Naruto bleeds!

Shion was a pretty good character for the movie, and the proposition at the end was lol! Way to go Naruto! And she was stacked ta boot!

Neji and Lee fights were win, and finally getting to see Sakura land one of the megapunches was awesome!

It was a nice break from the series, can't wait for the next one!

9/10 Urahara Out!!
Feb 1, 2014 12:54 AM

Oct 2013
Great movie!

Jun 24, 2014 1:57 AM

Jan 2008
The last 10 seconds were the best xD
Aug 2, 2014 5:04 PM

Jan 2014
Werchiel said:
The last 10 seconds were the best xD

Hahaha that's right :D
Aug 19, 2014 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
This movie was epic, so epic.
We get to see everything that's epic: huge rasengan, Lee opening the 5 gates... That's awesome.
IMO the best part was when Naruto rescued Shion with all those Kage-bunshin.
Also, that last part was priceless and that's a win since Shion is almost as kawaii as Hinata XD
Nov 8, 2014 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
This was fun to watch! That's all you can really hope for in these series where you have a bunch of side story movies. A nice, simple plot with action, good music, better animation than the series, and some fanservice. I'm disappointed to hear the following movies (at least 2 and 3) are not as good as this but I'll post my thoughts when I get to them.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Dec 24, 2014 6:43 AM
May 2012
I have watched this movie already back then, but I don't remember much from it~
Well, this is a pretty good movie. Shion is hot, and I like her voice. She really kinda looks like Hinata.
I facepalm at the end since it's clear that Naruto didn't even understand what Shion meant ahahaha.
Time to watch the next movie :3
Jul 11, 2015 3:59 PM

Oct 2014
The art and animation was good, much better than the series which is understandable but either way :p
I also liked the story very much though I felt it was very rushed towards the end. This movie probably would have been better if it was like 2h instead of 1h35min.

This gets a rock solid 7/10 :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2015 1:24 PM

Nov 2014
Very good I loved this, animation was great!
Aug 17, 2015 7:54 PM
Oct 2013
Top notch art and animation for me. Lee + drunken Lee + Shion @ the end made this great for me. Of course, a bit of Neji always makes this series awesome.

Sadly, Sakura still proved to fail...
Aug 29, 2015 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
I really liked this movie! It was badass! I just finished the first 3 movies, and this was the best one so far. Especially the Lee fight scenes, I say it a lot but every Rock Lee fight scene is fucking awesome.
The ending was funny too, Naruto having no idea what he just agreed too. Lmao
"I'm up for anything!"

On to movie number 5, I've heard good things about it, seems to be a popular favorite.
Oct 28, 2015 12:50 PM

Aug 2014
It must be because of the many fillers in the series that I didn't enkoy the movie. It felt like another filler, which it shouldn't. It was fine, I guess.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Sep 11, 2018 5:38 PM
Mar 2017
And here we see how a peaceful Mother made the techniques of her predecessors (I do not know how many, but apparently there were many before her) were lost, just because she wanted to "BELIEVE" in her daughter making her a WEAK woman who can only see death of someone close, and obvious as it is of a prestigious lineage being the target of many people (maybe that's why those around them always died, although I do not know what the priests do in that anime)

If the mother really believed in her, she would have taught him those techniques, and that they should not be used for evil ... perhaps the priestess could have changed the fate of the deaths she saw in her dreams.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 11, 2018 4:02 PM

Nov 2016
Felt like some random filler episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 18, 2019 8:35 PM

Mar 2012
The first half was unbearable....the most annoying that Naruto has ever been and his way over done goofyness came across as absolutely forced considering how much toned down he is in the canon part 2 series... definitely felt nothing like Shippuden Naruto at all.

The first min or two was a great hook, but at least the last half got on track.
Otherwise, the plot was decent.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jun 16, 2020 11:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Aside from the flashy Animation and glorious Soundtracks, nothing else really managed to hit home I'm afraid.

Shion and Naruto's relationship took a wild turn out of the blue and some of the explanations behind the previous holder (Shion's beloved Mother) and, as a consequence, some of the developments pretty "meh". Couldn't really get my hand on it fully, to be frankly honest.

Shion taking a liking to Naruto definitely added a "spice" though, I must say. And that bit after the credit-scene is a perfect testament to that, xD. Kakashi-sensei, Lee and Sakura's reaction was spot-on.

Would've preferred to see more than just short cameos from some of the character but, oh well, there's no helping that in movie format. Lee's drunk mode was definitely a treat though.

Going to settle with 6/10 for this movie. Story-line was pretty much average at best but the other Departments made this pretty entertaining despite that.

Off to checking out the 3rd Shippuuden Movie next!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 2, 2020 9:07 PM
Jul 2020
My favorite Naruto movie so far!! I loved the action and everything. It was cool.

(That ending scene tho......)
Apr 12, 2021 12:27 PM

Dec 2018
The moral of the story fails when Naruto pulls a one-hit KO special Rasengan.

The Special Resengans in the previous movies works because if those Rasengans were normal, it still would have taken out the villain, so getting the extra boost wouldn't matter that much. It was more of a flashy thing more than a power thing.

In this movie though, the normal Rasengan couldn't have taken out the villain because of it being this super powerful thing, so when the Rasengan becomes powerful out of nowhere it becomes a 100% asspull.

The action was great, Lee's fight is the absolute highlight. 6/10.
Apr 15, 2021 4:09 AM
May 2019
why does this movie bring about a lot of past shenanigans from part 1? like baby sitting and protecting a priestess? also naruto's death must have been baited us a lot, naruto is pretty popular with the ladies he rescues cause he surely receives their proposal at the completion of mission but luckily he is one idiot at all haha, he didnt realize that shion is asking for his hand for marriage lol
Aug 2, 2021 12:11 AM

Jun 2019
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

THAT SCENE WITH NARUTO'S HAIR, damn I didn't expect it to look so luscious . . 😳 🤩 🤤

Nov 12, 2021 8:48 AM

Feb 2021
Eh it was pretty rushed during the second half of the movie.

Didn't really understand anything about that weird ornamental bell/brooch.

Also Shion's mom looked so similar to

Rock Lee got some good fight scenes.

Seriously the ending was the only thing that cracked me up lol. Seriously if Naruto hadn't been such a dimwit, he could have gotten laid.

This movie was mediocre tbh. I'll be generous and give it a 6/10

May 27, 2022 8:22 PM

Nov 2010
For a cutie like Lady Shion, I would gladly sacrifice my life for her! She kinda reminds me of Lily from Tekken.

Too bad Shion isn't a canon character. In an alternate universe, I think she and Naruto would've been a nice couple, and their descendants will protect the world forever. hehe

This is more like it! Finally, a nice fanservice Naruto movie. Seeing Rock Lee's gates alone earned my approval! 8/10
Sep 12, 2023 7:55 PM

Dec 2009
Original Notes of 2012:

Feb 13, 2:57 AM
Aug 2022
This is great.
It's Naruto ninja way for your information, priestess.😁
Signing Off at 13th February 2024 at 16:30 Hrs IST.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Naruto Shippuuden Movie 1 raw is release online

XcoolzX - Apr 26, 2008

5 by lakshika »»
Nov 29, 2014 12:04 AM

» What is this about??

farazs_1 - Apr 12, 2008

1 by Yokurama »»
Apr 29, 2008 3:51 AM

» Trailer

Crystal - May 12, 2007

36 by Yokurama »»
Apr 29, 2008 3:49 AM

» NARUTO Shippuuden

manu_DL - Feb 14, 2008

1 by kei-clone »»
Feb 14, 2008 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.