Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 20, 8:27 PM

Jul 2011
When was the last time I actually found anime comedic scenes funny? I was straight up cackling at some moments LOL

It's certain that he'll eventually find out, but I'm betting this will be like AoT in the sense that he becomes a weapon for the forces.

I know I already dislike Kikoru. What a brat.
Apr 20, 8:27 PM
Mar 2019
Raining Blood, so good.
Then, as always a pain in the Ass turns up.
Apr 20, 8:29 PM
Jun 2020
What a shitty episode
Apr 20, 8:32 PM
Jun 2012
I was not expecting this kind of comedy, but I kinda like it. I just hope they don't over do it.

I managed to watch the OP and ED (credit-less) on YouTube before seeing them in the anime, whoops.
The OP is a bit trippy, but interesting to look at. Can't watch it for too long though, gives mild motion sickness.

I think I prefer the ED, especially after listening to the full versions on Spotify.

The girl was done really well, properly fearful but understood that the small kaiju had good intentions.

Looks like the squad has arrived at the second test.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 20, 9:16 PM

Mar 2007
Good balance of gore + humor + feels in this episode.
* He had to "pee"
* He saved the girl and her mom
* One punch and it's raining blood
* He and the new kid are doing a buddy cop thing

The only thing I didn't like is the OTHER girl who messed up public property.
Apr 20, 9:21 PM

Oct 2016
This episode was very entertaining. I knew he wasn’t going to just run away from the Kaiju, because it seems like Kafka genuinely cares about protecting others. It looks like we are going into an exam arc, so I can’t wait to see how that plays out next episode. (8.5/10)
Apr 20, 9:31 PM

Mar 2019
PG-13 Myanimelist, really? 😑
Apr 20, 9:35 PM
Feb 2016
Ichikawa: ..it has been 3 months since then.
Me: wym 3 months??! You could fill a whole 10 episodes in it!

Well, despite how I'd like to see Kafka adapting to his new powers, maybe that's not what the author wanted to emphasize. I guess we'll see.

And the OP is dope af 🔥🔥
Apr 20, 9:37 PM
Apr 2016
I know he's a chill dude but shouldn't Kafka be much more troubled about what's going on with his body?!
Apr 20, 9:41 PM
Apr 2016
Reply to afiqahahahahahah
Ichikawa: ..it has been 3 months since then.
Me: wym 3 months??! You could fill a whole 10 episodes in it!

Well, despite how I'd like to see Kafka adapting to his new powers, maybe that's not what the author wanted to emphasize. I guess we'll see.

And the OP is dope af 🔥🔥
@afiqahahahahahah Yeah I thought we would get at least a couple episodes of him adapting to his new condition but they totally brushed it off. It didn't feel right.
Apr 20, 9:42 PM
Jul 2020
Best op and ed i cant wait for next episode
Apr 20, 9:50 PM

May 2019
Unless I missed something I don't believe an explanation was given as to how Kafka can transform back to his human form although that makes things much easier (I do wonder though if he can still pee through his nipples in his human form lol).

On a another note I don't like that the blonde bratty girl damaged Kafka's company car so she better pay for the repairs which shouldn't be an issue since she's apparently wealthy.
Apr 20, 9:56 PM
Jul 2012
I like action comedy anime, so there's up and down.
Can't wait to see the next episodes.
Apr 20, 10:04 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Loved the whacky hijinks at the beginning of the episode as Kafka tries to get acclimated to his new form. I couldn't wait for the "I'll never get married" line, and it was worth the wait.

Loved what they did with the lighting and animation for the fight, despite how quickly it was over. Terrific use of colors, especially that shot of the blood rain. They handled the scene with the mother and daughter very well, a lot of tension and emotion there.

As for the opening, I can appreciate them doing something different. I like some elements, and others kind of make me shrug my shoulders. I do love the shot of Kafka and Mina together. I feel as though with the English OP and ED, the different opening, and with Crunchyroll advertising this as much as they are; I think Production IG kept the international audience in mind while making this.

This continues to impress, and as a fan who started reading the manga around 2 years ago, I'm very pleased.
takkun_Apr 20, 10:12 PM
Apr 20, 10:04 PM
Nov 2021
Good episode with some nice funny moments. The ed is amazing.
Apr 20, 10:12 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to Farabeuf
@Heart4HS Agree. Absolutely unnecessary character But they have to throw some specific types of otaku a bone and give them their little toxic girl so they can get...you know.... Ugh. I was really enjoying the show until she showed up. I hope she has a minor role
@Farabeuf Yea, haha, thats probably the case. Unfortunately such generic characters are common in anime for some reason. The brat, super strong, tsundere types. But hey, who knows, maybe she has a good character developement and becomes a fine member of the group or they give her a deeper personality. Or yea, minor role would also be nice, heh. But that scene was surely annoying and killed the fun.
Apr 20, 10:12 PM
Jun 2023
Solid 2nd episode. Hopefully the explanations for why the world works as it does makes sense. Between the random tiger running around and these power suits there is quite a bit I have questions on for the series right now.
Apr 20, 10:16 PM
Apr 2017
Was good. Nothing crazy. Pretty funny moments
Apr 20, 10:18 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Zawia07
What a shitty episode
@Zawia07

Nah. Was light hearted and fun.
Apr 20, 10:23 PM

Nov 2009
The beginning was hilarious, I was not expecting him to start peeing out of his nipples... LOL

TBH tho, Ichikawa is a real bro and best friend. (and rival)

And Kafka's going to try and chase after his dream, which is to fight along side his "childhood friend"

But... he's already getting "detected?" by a blond hair brat... who can somehow "smell" Kaijuu... huh...

I guess while MC can shapeshift back to his human form, he can't get rid of the "smell" huh...

I get the feeling that Kafka, Kaijuu no.8, aka Kaijuman is going to have a similar plot to Godzilla.

Where Godzilla is enemy of mankind, but also protector at same time. (basing on original Godzilla series and Toho series)

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 20, 10:33 PM

Jul 2009
The opening slaps, both music and visuals 🔥 holy shit, this anime is going to be one of the gems of the season
Apr 20, 10:42 PM
Oct 2020
so good the music and the animation fenomenal
Apr 20, 10:46 PM

Jul 2008
Ok I'm fully in on this show now. His kaiju form is so ridiculous.

And blondie needs to die.
Apr 20, 10:52 PM

Nov 2009
And blondie needs to die

naa, she just need correction

[*Opens the door... Closes the door*]
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 20, 11:23 PM

Jan 2017
Dang this episode is so awesome and hilarious. Ichikawa is my favorite character so far but Kafka is so funny that I got tears laughing at him. The appearance of that seemingly brat displeases me but we'll see if she really has something to offer in the show since it's still on its early stages. There's also a glimpse of the other supporting characters and the soundtrack especially the opening is lit. Can't wait to see what this test/exam is all about
Apr 21, 12:23 AM
Dec 2022
The episode 2 is so awesome. Action, funny moments and thrilling sequences. That little girl sure warms up to Kafka despite being Kaiju No. 8. Well look forward to his 2nd round exam in the next episode.
Apr 21, 12:29 AM

Feb 2016
The best anime of this season
Apr 21, 12:41 AM
Jan 2019
Sheesh.... I never expected a manga that I even thought the story was just ordinary from the cover to become an anime that was extraordinary, well conveyed, cool animation, music and graphics are really crazy
Apr 21, 12:42 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
It was so nice for both Kafka and Reno to approve their tests. It was a good moment, especially Reno becoming glad for both when knowing about it. That Shinomiya character looks so annoying... and fun.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Apr 21, 1:20 AM
Feb 2024
Got me laughing as hard as Kono Suba did, really funny and I look up for the next episodes.
I really like this anime and it reminds me a bit of Attack on Titan.
Apr 21, 1:32 AM

Feb 2019
Idc what no one says, one republic cooked up not only ED of the season, but a summer anthem too. A BOP.

Also, WAIT, Khara worked on the anime?? Didn’t see their name in the first episode, but definitely noticed it here. That’s so cool! Legendary collab from a lot of different angles on this show.

Blonde girl is going to be great I can tell
Apr 21, 1:59 AM
Mar 2019
Awesome,great animation
Apr 21, 2:05 AM
Jun 2020
Reply to Vindicater
@Zawia07

Nah. Was light hearted and fun.
@Vindicater nope
Apr 21, 3:26 AM
Aug 2023
the studio is too lazy to make a transform/un-transform sequence and it makes uncomfortable to watch
Apr 21, 3:46 AM
Apr 2013
Why did they have to make him so goofy in his monster form. Complete tonal whiplash between the stupid "comedy" and the serious scenes.
Apr 21, 3:54 AM
Nov 2013
Meh. It wasn't bad but not good enough to make me invested. It seems like both a lot and close to nothing at all happened in the first two eps. The overused goofiness totally ruins the flow. I'm gonna stick for another ep and then see.

OP song is ok, it gives Linkin Park vibes, but cgi is ugly. ED song is your generic radio pop song but seems kinda fitting for the show.

Overall graphics are hit or miss - some things look good, some look like crap which is interesting because I glimpsed at manga art and designs and it's much better than anime, that's quite rare.

Apr 21, 4:15 AM
Jun 2019
nice, finally a main character that isn't highschooler
Apr 21, 4:18 AM
Jun 2023
SaintCelestian said:
I liked this episode, but I think I've aged out of the humor that most anime employs. It was a little easier to deal with when reading the manga, but here in the anime it's definitely more annoying. I still really enjoy the story and my favorite character, Kikoru, has finally made her appearance. Excited for the next episode!

You haven't aged out, it was just bad comedy. Poorly written, poorly executed. I didn't laugh once the entire episode. I smiled slightly in one scene.

Maybe little kids would find the urine joke funny, but that's about it. Meanwhile, there are much better shows people that age could watch.

Consider: there was a time Evangelion was airing on TV. This make Evangelion look like a masterpiece.
Apr 21, 4:25 AM
Jun 2023
gorkthe134th said:
Hmm...

Apr 21, 4:29 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
fuck this was funny hahah

no complaints so far!
Apr 21, 4:32 AM
Oct 2022
ed of this anime so epic !!!
Apr 21, 4:52 AM
Mar 2018
This was mostly a comedic episode. On that front, it did very well; I thought the humor was mostly effective, with good timing and some interesting punchlines (the whole absence of genitalia/peeing out of the nipples joke came out of left field, though).

Not much action, this week, but that's OK. Not every episode needs that. Plus, I'm guessing the exam will soon make up for it.

I really enjoyed the continued development of Kafka and Ichikawa's relationship. The latter really took some risks for his senpai! I do hope our hero gets to meet up with his childhood friend soon, though. Also, I could've done without the blond girl; I'm not a fan of this character archetype.
Apr 21, 4:54 AM
Feb 2015
Funny episode, it has been a while an anime makes me laugh a lot. Also how does kafka know how to turn back, he didn't explain that much in the end.
Apr 21, 4:58 AM

May 2021
Honestly don't know why this doesn't have a comedy tag. It's working well as one.

Also, don't care if it's a woman or how strong she is, if that's ever done to my car, I'm pressing charges fr.

Apr 21, 4:59 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to Something_More
gorkthe134th said:
Hmm...

@Something_More 😂😂😂😂😂
Apr 21, 5:05 AM
Oct 2021
is the best adaption
Apr 21, 5:20 AM

Jun 2016
what a fantastic episode !!

really intersting
Apr 21, 5:47 AM
Feb 2022
This is starting to get cool
Apr 21, 6:40 AM

Jul 2017
A friend pointed this frame out to me online and this is... something with that angle.

Apr 21, 6:40 AM

May 2009
I forgot Kikoru was complete cunt at the beginning.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 13

289 by MrZeroNotfound »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ricky16 - Apr 27

182 by Penguinu »»
8 hours ago

» Hoshina Soshiro’s character design

FuunsaikiStar - Apr 27

9 by Anime_Skaddiel »»
Apr 30, 8:43 PM

» Wondering if the next epsiodes change up things (spicier and amazing)?

section96 - Apr 28

4 by M2X_ »»
Apr 30, 3:34 PM

» The character designs are dope.

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 27

22 by deg »»
Apr 30, 3:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.