Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 15, 3:10 AM

Jan 2014
Damn, Sylphiettes's great wife, head over heels on you and sweet with a tad bit of libido on her. Grandparents tend to adore their grandchild so I kind of expected Elinalise to be on tears. I respect Cliff a lot more after that, not every girl is a pure maiden, it's good that he didn't put Elinalise on a pedestal and push his fantasies on her. It's a bit pompous of princess Ariel to regard Rudeus as if he can't protect Sylphiettes, she could've investigated about him, and she'll knows that his way better than Luke.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ต๐“ต๐”‚๐“ฐ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ฐ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ

Apr 15, 4:38 AM
Mar 2024
ใ‚นใƒˆใƒผใƒชใƒผใฏ่‰ฏใ„็•ฐไธ–็•Œใ‚ขใƒ‹ใƒกใงใ™
Apr 15, 4:53 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to DheCupidore
Where is the action? Where is the drama?
@DheCupidore Based on the OP, not too far. Just have a bit more patience lol.
Apr 15, 5:04 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to hatyii
@18927 Same man. It feels like the anime has a totally different genre in season 2 compared to s1 - that got me hooked to it. Feels weird that nobody else is talking about this.
hatyii said:
It feels like the anime has a totally different genre in season 2 compared to s1 - that got me hooked to it. Feels weird that nobody else is talking about this.

Everyone was talking about it when S2 started that this season was going to be a slice of life.
Apr 15, 5:09 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Yaggamy
hatyii said:
It feels like the anime has a totally different genre in season 2 compared to s1 - that got me hooked to it. Feels weird that nobody else is talking about this.

Everyone was talking about it when S2 started that this season was going to be a slice of life.
@Yaggamy
I'm usually not lurking on the mal forums, just happened to open up this discussion.
I was kind of hoping for more action in the second part, but it's still too early to judge it after 2 episodes.
Since y'all seem to be more knowledgable on the topic, when can I expect to have more action in the anime? Just to tame my expectations. ๐Ÿ™‚
Apr 15, 5:35 AM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
Such a wholesome and sweet episode about Rudy and Sylphie, I've been smiling the entire episode ^.^

Oh wow, Cliff was so manly that even my heart felt it when he said that...

No wonder Elinalise falls for him, now I understand ^.^

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Apr 15, 5:51 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to hatyii
@Yaggamy
I'm usually not lurking on the mal forums, just happened to open up this discussion.
I was kind of hoping for more action in the second part, but it's still too early to judge it after 2 episodes.
Since y'all seem to be more knowledgable on the topic, when can I expect to have more action in the anime? Just to tame my expectations. ๐Ÿ™‚
@hatyii

Apr 15, 6:02 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to TsutanaiFuun
marriage arc over. what now? child arc? also rudy's sense of fear about adventuring now that he is married seems fully understandable but i don't think world's going to be that forgiving. rudy will finally understand just how risky adventuring can be with a wife and possibly kids in future. it will all make sense why his dad retired after marrying too but rudy is too young and is just getting started. i don't see an easy path in front of him. just means he has to become stronger. i was surprised when rudy won the duel as i was fully expecting him to lose considering just how bad he used to be maybe he is better than normal people as eris is definitely someone far better than normal people.

it was cute to see sylphie and rudy sharing a bath comfortably also i see it as a good sign for the lil rudy to get excited when rudy's thought of as an ideal husband by sylphie.

also i thought nanahoshi would have something to say seeing rudy marrying and settling in this life but guess not. she was too detached and unfriendly. didnt like that. maybe that's how she is still.

julie's really fitting in with them i hope they show a bit more of her.

i still don't understand how exactly elinalise is the grandmother of sylphie but that was surprising. i wonder just how old elinalise is. plus this just occured to me, elves live like forever compared to humans so there will come a time when rudy's dead and sylphie is all alone? damn.

and respect to cliff for still wanting to be with elinalise.

not like i'm not enjoying the sol we are getting from the past 13 episodes but i really want to see some real shit now. hopefully everything sol is over. sylphie arc over, marriage over, i'm hoping they dont go having children this early, diseases cured, now all's left is searching for his mother. i don't get how he doesn't feel any sense of duty to go search for his actual mother who birthed him. about time bruh.
@TsutanaiFuun Elinalise is 200+ years old. She is nowhere near as old as Ruijerd, who is a 570+ year old Superd demon but the difference in ages between Elinalise and Sylphie is quite significant to say the least.

And the main reasons he didn't head to Begaritt immediately because he trusts the people that have gone out to search for Zenith for the time being due to how strong they are (Roxy, Paul, etc.) and that Hitogami basically warned him away from heading to Begaritt to go to the Magic University instead to cure his ED. Rudeus might not have the best relationship with Hitogami but his advice has helped Rudeus repeatedly.
Apr 15, 6:08 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to animejas
@TsutanaiFuun Elinalise is 200+ years old. She is nowhere near as old as Ruijerd, who is a 570+ year old Superd demon but the difference in ages between Elinalise and Sylphie is quite significant to say the least.

And the main reasons he didn't head to Begaritt immediately because he trusts the people that have gone out to search for Zenith for the time being due to how strong they are (Roxy, Paul, etc.) and that Hitogami basically warned him away from heading to Begaritt to go to the Magic University instead to cure his ED. Rudeus might not have the best relationship with Hitogami but his advice has helped Rudeus repeatedly.
@animejas yeah that makes sense, i forgot that roxy is searching for his mother too. i'm just assuming now that his ed is cured he might start thinking about other things outside the university. also hitogami hasn't made an appearance for some years now i think? i hope he does soon. i'm sure he will be proud of the man rudy has become after the whole eris incident.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 15, 6:12 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
great ep, super wholesome. the grandma thing was a bit random but still sweet

love the opening
duel scene was sick
Apr 15, 6:12 AM

Feb 2014
As revelations go, Elinalise being Sylphie's grandmother was one that caught me completely by surprise. Either way, how it was all handled was impressive to say at least. It also made Cliff's resolve to break Elinalise's curse even stronger than ever, so I do hope he achieves this goal in the future.

Although it was over in a few seconds, Rudeus and Luke's duel had some lovely animation put into it. It does make me look forward to more battle scenes where Studio Bind can go all out on the action segments. =)

Overall, this was another nice and satisfying episode. Seeing Rudeus and Sylphie getting along so well makes me happy. The New OP sounds very different compared to the previous cour's OP, but it was pretty good. The ED song itself has that calm and serene feel to it and the visuals matched that perfectly.
Apr 15, 6:23 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to MangagnaM
@hatyii

@MangagnaM
Thanks, appreciated.๐Ÿ˜Š
Apr 15, 7:40 AM
Jun 2007
Ah the grandmother news caught me by surprise.
Would never thought that Rudy swordskill is such op!
Apr 15, 9:18 AM
Jun 2019
Was very funny and holesome :')
Apr 15, 10:36 AM

Apr 2021
Feels weird they just threw that slyphie is related to lise but it was a fine episode!
Apr 15, 11:03 AM
May 2020
I DONT LIKE IT :SOB: :SOB:
Apr 15, 12:15 PM
Mar 2024
I loved this episode. The adaptation of the light novel is going very smoothly. I can't hold back my excitement for whats to come, especially the Labrynth arc.(iykyk)
Apr 15, 12:18 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Softhenic03
No, I don’t think an outfit resembling that of an army's uniform.. even by a bit, should be something suitable to be even considered when we’re talking in the context of a wedding reception lol. Good they didn’t go with that idea, and went with simple stock clothing. It’s their time, so it should be them who need to enjoy it to the utmost. Be it fucking each other whenever they feel so, or throwing a congratulatory party to their peers.

Though all of them are good at their place, but the revelation of Sylphy being related to Elinalise, and that too, latter being Sylphy’s grandma, sure was a shocker lol. We know, they are both elves, but just because for that reason..? Lol, this series is as unserious at places, something, for every reason, shouldn’t be.

Good that Sylphy didn’t inherit the genes, at least by now. And hey, we know this princess and her crew loves their Sylphy, but no point in going and embarrassing yourself that way, right? RIGHT? By the way, we really are moving slow, don’t we?
@Softhenic03 from my experience reading the light novel, mushoku tensei always slows down and makes you appreciate the world. Just wait until the turning points, they all hit perfectly. So you should probably get used to this slow pace.
Apr 15, 12:23 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to 18927
Almost skipped the whole episode. This is really not for me anymore I guess. I signed up for something different than melodrama
@18927 I get where you're coming from. But especially from this point on there is going to be a lot of slower paced arcs. Don't get me wrong tho, these arcs just get you ready for the hard-hitting points later on. Just try to appreciate the world that mushoku tensei has created. The series won't let you down at its highest peaks. I really hope you don't drop the show as I think you'll love what's coming next. No spoilers but the Labrynth arc is my favorite arc in the whole series. The action is gonna be on point too.
Apr 15, 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
These last two episodes have been very cute and uncharacteristically wholesome. I can't help but shake the feeling something terrible's going to happen to either Rudy or Sylphie.
Take care of yourself

Apr 15, 12:36 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to SadePide
@18927 I get where you're coming from. But especially from this point on there is going to be a lot of slower paced arcs. Don't get me wrong tho, these arcs just get you ready for the hard-hitting points later on. Just try to appreciate the world that mushoku tensei has created. The series won't let you down at its highest peaks. I really hope you don't drop the show as I think you'll love what's coming next. No spoilers but the Labrynth arc is my favorite arc in the whole series. The action is gonna be on point too.
@SadePide Thanks for clarification, I really hope that this buildup will be somehow rewarding
Apr 15, 12:40 PM
Dec 2023
Continues to be awesome, more character development
Apr 15, 5:28 PM
Jul 2022
Nice episode, fun to see all of the guests and their interactions. Big guy being late and making an entrance was hilarious. The Elise twist was unexpected though.
Apr 15, 5:49 PM
Jan 2021
I love seeing Rudeus and Sylphy
Apr 15, 9:14 PM
Jul 2020
i wasn't expecting Rudy to win the duel against Luke, especially for it to have been over so quickly XD
Apr 15, 9:50 PM
Apr 2023
Amazing anime as always.
Apr 15, 10:33 PM
May 2022
-Great Animation
-Not Bad Story
Apr 16, 12:19 AM
Oct 2019
Wedding Party!!

Oh my god what a PLOT TWIST!!
Elinalise is Sylphie Grandma. WTF LMAO

Duel between Luke vs Rudeus was straight up FIRE!!

I see people talking about Spoiler in the OP, thank god i didn't watch the visual just listen to the song only.
Apr 16, 3:11 AM
Dec 2022
So Rudeus is marrying Slyphiette. King Badigadi sure makes an entrance to the reception. Wonder how will Eris accept this when they meet up later. Be an interesting story there. A surprise in the end where two relatives met up.
Apr 16, 3:12 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Ranxomare
wedding banquet with a big surprise!
kekeke
@Ranxomare there's a few surprised there. he he
Apr 16, 3:51 AM
Nov 2016
The episode was great and all but how the hell did Rudeus win that sword fight that easily? he's a magician, not a sword fighter so that part didn't make that much sense to me.

Sylphiette is adorable though, she better not die or I will be mad, and that other whore elf chick is getting a bit of character development, she finally showed a side to her that has nothing to do with being a whore.
Apr 16, 6:18 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to xZabuzax
The episode was great and all but how the hell did Rudeus win that sword fight that easily? he's a magician, not a sword fighter so that part didn't make that much sense to me.

Sylphiette is adorable though, she better not die or I will be mad, and that other whore elf chick is getting a bit of character development, she finally showed a side to her that has nothing to do with being a whore.
@xZabuzax He trained with Paul, Ruijerd, Ghislaine and even Eris constantly. Ghislaine is a Sword King, Paul is advanced in all styles of swordsmanship, Ruijerd is very, very strong and Eris had natural talent and is a Sword Saint by this point. Luke is just intermediate so he is a lot more 'normal' of an opponent compared to the people Rudeus has had to fight, and Rudeus has the advantage with the eye as well. Rudeus got his ass kicked by insanely strong opponents but he did train with them for a long time so when fighting someone who is trained but is absolutely nowhere near the others' levels, it looks a lot easier for him.

It reminds me of the NBA where if Rudeus was a guy who was not playing much, he would get destroyed by people actually playing in the league. But if he faced someone who was just playing basketball constantly on the streets or in local matches and not in the NBA, he would destroy them. Fairly big differences in each level.
Apr 16, 8:20 AM
Feb 2021
sylfhiy the best wife
Apr 16, 8:48 AM

Jan 2024
Well, that was lovely for sure. Rudeus living the dream.
Apr 16, 9:10 AM
Sep 2020
very lovely episode, the opening and ending are both incredible
Apr 16, 10:16 AM
Nov 2022
What a good episode, somewhat calm but very wholesome.

I was really taken by surprise by the fact that Elinalise is Sylphie's grandmother, I thought they just wanted to talk because they are both elves but wow, it's a small world...
Apr 16, 11:33 AM

Nov 2013
i'll admit that my 1st choice for his girlfriend was Eris, but after she left him, i lost my hope lol

now since we found Sylphie again, i can't stop thinking she is the sweetest girl ever, so i'm happy that they actually are together and even married and bought a house
was fun to see all those charas visiting the house for a party, everyone had fun with the food, and also resolved some pending issues, like granma Elinalise or the duel with the senpai
also lol, the big maou can't stop being funny, being late to the party on porpose to distract them from pointless speeches :D

very fun episode again, i'm forever glad i gave mushoku tensei season 1 a chance, this is one of the few anime that makes me interested in reading the novel, and i admit i hate reading stuff (i rarely even read manga or manwha, and most of the ones i read is for ecchi or because i liked the anime)
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 16, 12:34 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to animejas
@xZabuzax He trained with Paul, Ruijerd, Ghislaine and even Eris constantly. Ghislaine is a Sword King, Paul is advanced in all styles of swordsmanship, Ruijerd is very, very strong and Eris had natural talent and is a Sword Saint by this point. Luke is just intermediate so he is a lot more 'normal' of an opponent compared to the people Rudeus has had to fight, and Rudeus has the advantage with the eye as well. Rudeus got his ass kicked by insanely strong opponents but he did train with them for a long time so when fighting someone who is trained but is absolutely nowhere near the others' levels, it looks a lot easier for him.

It reminds me of the NBA where if Rudeus was a guy who was not playing much, he would get destroyed by people actually playing in the league. But if he faced someone who was just playing basketball constantly on the streets or in local matches and not in the NBA, he would destroy them. Fairly big differences in each level.
@animejas You know what? you are actually right and what you said makes sense, I just thought Luke was advanced and pretty strong and all that because you know, he's a knight and he's close to the princess so he needs to be pretty strong himself to be able to protect her, otherwise what's the point in having him around if he's this weak? he's a really nice guy though so I'll give him that.

And on top of it, Rudeus does have that eye power that allows him to see the future which made that fight even easier for Rudeus, I forgot about it.

Thanks for the answer mate.
Apr 16, 1:15 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to xZabuzax
@animejas You know what? you are actually right and what you said makes sense, I just thought Luke was advanced and pretty strong and all that because you know, he's a knight and he's close to the princess so he needs to be pretty strong himself to be able to protect her, otherwise what's the point in having him around if he's this weak? he's a really nice guy though so I'll give him that.

And on top of it, Rudeus does have that eye power that allows him to see the future which made that fight even easier for Rudeus, I forgot about it.

Thanks for the answer mate.
@xZabuzax He's a decent knight who knows enough to defend against regular people but of course, not good enough to defend against beings who are way too strong or experienced though. And while Ariel is important, she was not first in line to the throne when Luke was politically assigned to her due to him being in the Notos family and has been assigned to her since he was young. I think more than anything, Ariel trusts Luke, and Luke is loyal to her, which is what matters to her more than pure skill alone. Sylphie is strong and capable but Ariel keeps her very close because she trusts her a lot too alongside Luke, which is why they care deeply for her and if Rudeus did not treat her well, they would take her back no matter what.

So yeah, Luke isn't necessarily weak compared to normal knights in most general situations. But against people who are special or trained with some of the strongest out there like Rudeus and Eris, there are clear shortcomings there.
Apr 16, 1:35 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to animejas
@xZabuzax He's a decent knight who knows enough to defend against regular people but of course, not good enough to defend against beings who are way too strong or experienced though. And while Ariel is important, she was not first in line to the throne when Luke was politically assigned to her due to him being in the Notos family and has been assigned to her since he was young. I think more than anything, Ariel trusts Luke, and Luke is loyal to her, which is what matters to her more than pure skill alone. Sylphie is strong and capable but Ariel keeps her very close because she trusts her a lot too alongside Luke, which is why they care deeply for her and if Rudeus did not treat her well, they would take her back no matter what.

So yeah, Luke isn't necessarily weak compared to normal knights in most general situations. But against people who are special or trained with some of the strongest out there like Rudeus and Eris, there are clear shortcomings there.
@animejas Yeah what you said there does make a lot of sense too and I 100% agree with you there, the princess trusts them and that's the reason they are around her, not because of their skills, it's about trust.

I guess I have no more questions for now, thank you for the answers mate! =)
Apr 16, 6:29 PM
Dec 2023
Ain't no way did they get down to business the moment she kissed his cheek. It was literally "kisses Rudeus", 3 seconds later worth of business , BAM, Morning time.
Apr 16, 7:48 PM

Sep 2016

Best handling of a bed scene ever.
A cliched anime would've had either 1) the girl violently refusing in tsundere style and the scene cutting to guy sad with a bump on the head and the girl frowning loudly or 2) girl whimpering submissively.
But not Mushoku Tensei. Standing ovation.
Also the metaphor with the dripping icicles was funny and neat lol.
bruh
Apr 17, 5:39 AM

Jun 2019
That was so freaking adorable. They're finally married and it was so nice to see all of their friends gathered there to congratulate them. I was happy to see that. Elinalise is Sylphie's grandma. That was a surprise. Poor Elinalise. I feel for her. Rudy and Sylphie look so cute together. Bless them.
Apr 17, 8:49 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to Nitsua2001
Makin Oke lahhhh ceritanya mulai ada perkembangan dari sebelumnya, harapannya ngak bakal di gantung lagi sihhhh
@Nitsua2001 anjay lu nyasar bang ๐Ÿ—ฟ, kalau gantung atau kagaknya pasti gantung bang
Apr 17, 11:28 AM
May 2020
The new opening is absolutely fantastic
Apr 17, 11:38 AM
Aug 2011
Muito bom ver Rudeus rodeado por pessoas que gosta dele e da Sylphie
Apr 17, 12:54 PM

Oct 2016
Another great episode. A bit of a slower start to this cour, but I’m not complaining. I’m loving the vibes and the Elinalise reveal was crazy! This feels like the calm before the storm, and I cannot wait to see where things evolve from here. (9/10)
Apr 17, 5:26 PM

Feb 2019
I couldn't stop thinking "What about taxations? For marriage and a house?"
Apr 18, 1:31 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to kurooganeko
I couldn't stop thinking "What about taxations? For marriage and a house?"
@kurooganeko you're thinking about the logic of this anime to much, he's already rich because the materials from demon continent, if he want to get money, he will just sell the materials and also rudy is not using so much money during the ED ( i might be wrong, so please dont take it too seriously)
Apr 18, 1:52 AM
Sep 2021
A lot of important things were revealed this episode & loved the overall vibe of the episode.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Rudeus a good person? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

59 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28

135 by jwhere_ »»
3 hours ago

» Episode 17 (Cour 2 Episode 5) Preview video

animejas - Today

6 by MangagnaM »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

170 by Penguinu »»
Today, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Anyone else thinks Rudeus is one of the best anime characters, ever?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 30

49 by Liam19 »»
Yesterday, 11:18 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.