Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 11, 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
Zagan may have his nightmare being cursed with sorcery, but what matters is Nephy making him a meal, which he wants to eat together with her...asking her to sit on his lap is quite near the border of lewdness lols. Him teaching Nephy all about magic and sorcery theory, she could have a potential knack for it that Zagan praises her for her knowledge, despite him learning the hard way when he was a child slave himself, almost being forced with sorcery.

With Chastille knocking down on Zagan's doors and breaking his protective barrier, he has no trouble dealing with them, but when it comes to deal with Chastille and her Scared Sword, it becomes a different matter altogether. Of course, she is only there to pass the message to him, and since she owed him one for saving her once, she didn't forget her promise. But in doing so, Nephy subconsciously wielding strong power against the Angelic Knights for Zagan being hurt, she feels scared that he will not accept, but he's rather accepting of her rather dark magic, even when she vehemently denies of her strong powers, just like how Zagan lived his life before, mentally and physically growing stronger. That's why Nephy is here, and they share a common bond.

Zagan and Nephy's relationship, is like birds of a feather.
Apr 11, 9:37 AM
May 2021
man this is already my favourite anime of the season! the chemistry between the 2 is so dam good, I am loving it. Plus we got to see real side of nephy so quick really liked it lol. Two broken souls United together!
Apr 11, 10:27 AM

Mar 2013
Best elf bride, Nephy. I prefer her than Frieren.
She honestly have the ideal curvatures... 😏

I just remembered The Angel Next Door Spoils me Rotten after watching this episode. 🥰

Let's switch it from Archdemon to Courtmage. 😆

We also got to see another episode with Chastille.
Even if she was ordered to do so, she still has the heart of gratitude to create a way for Zagan's life to be spared. She's a nice girl indeed. Let's hope to see more of her story this season.

Chastille's story.
Caution: you might get spoiled.
CrazyButNot4UApr 11, 10:47 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 11, 10:44 AM
Aug 2022
This is the first time in a very long time a anime ended an episode and I actually was caught off guard, I was way to invested in this episode
Apr 11, 10:48 AM

Dec 2022
Let's bully this girl who possesses powers beyond our comprehension! What could possibly go wrong?

This was an incredibly strong episode. From Zagan's magic lessons that also explain the power system to us, to a cute breakfast, a good fight, ... this show has a lot packed into it. I enjoyed hearing the backgrounds of both leads, and Zagan's philosophy of "get stronger and do whatever it takes to survive" struck a chord with me. As you know, ignorance is a crime, and those who don't know shame win.

The paladin Chastille made a pretty good impression. She probably volunteered for this mission because she was the only one willing to hear Zagan out. What might go down between her and the church is something I'm interested in. There's also the matters of Nephy's powers and how she and Zagan will support each other. Romance appears to be progressing at a decent clip, which usually doesn't happen.

Here's to more cute ear twitching moments in the future. Continuing!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Apr 11, 11:20 AM
Jan 2024
This shit warms my heart
Apr 11, 11:42 AM
Sep 2016
Hollup! Where did ya'll watch this? Did EP03 out already?

Edit: NVM, jap (stream) version is 1 EP earlier than ANY broadcast version. So unless you know japs, good luck with watching latest EPs, I guess....
uncleqrowApr 11, 11:46 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 11, 11:58 AM
Feb 2023
Those moving ears... why is that so attractive?
Apr 11, 12:03 PM
Feb 2021
That breakfast scene made me laugh. This show might be one of the best of the season.
Apr 11, 12:36 PM

Sep 2013
They're really cute together
Apr 11, 12:37 PM

Jun 2013
This anime is so nice, I felt so refreshed from start to end.

Zagan is interesting and relatable character as well as Nephy.
Chemistry behind them is great.
World building is nothing special but I really like how it is easy to understand and follow the established lore. Zagan explaining how magic works was also great.
So far, seems like most interesting show, I am more interested in what happens next.

Will check manga as well.
Apr 11, 1:18 PM

Jun 2023
Man this episode is great
Apr 11, 3:07 PM
Feb 2023
Man this anime feels lovely
Apr 11, 3:21 PM

Mar 2022
Okay so this is surprisingly good, definitely not what I thought it would be.
Apr 11, 3:57 PM

May 2019
Ngl, this was a very good episode IMO and I liked how Nephy not only came out in Zagan's defense but also revealed a personal side of herself, which he accepted.

Apr 11, 4:28 PM

Feb 2019
Very strong Archdemon Dilemma episode. You know, I wasn’t expecting the magical system in this world to be so well thought out and explained. Zagan explaining how sorcery works to Nephy was surpassingly insightful and intricate. It doesn’t seem like an afterthought like in a lot of fantasy series which is cool.

The fight between Chastille, Zagan and Torres was cool and we got a chance to see just what Nephy’s capable of, as well as getting some insight into her as a character. She’s not just a generic wish fulfillment elf waifu. She’s got a lot of pain and a dark past that she’s holding onto and I think it’s so cool that Zagan accepts her for who she is.

In particular, really loved when she admitted to laughing about the villagers who tortured her dying.. not only does it make her just like me, but it showed that she’s a complex character who’s not just all sweet and perfect. She acts like a normal person.

The two leads’ dynamic is really good and I’m looking forward to more of it.
Marinate1016Apr 11, 7:39 PM
Apr 11, 7:18 PM

Aug 2022
Wow, I didn't expect this anime to be so good!
And the ending song is great!
Apr 11, 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
nephie reminds me of that punchable healer girl
Apr 11, 7:32 PM

Oct 2022
This is progressing so good and Nephy is strong I feel like she can make him even stronger.
Apr 11, 7:48 PM

Dec 2022
Elves twitching their ear....ahhhhh I can't get enough of that sight.
Nephy is adorable as heck!
Apr 11, 8:45 PM
Nov 2021
I love this show!!
Apr 11, 8:59 PM
May 2023
I love this show! This is one of my favorites this season. Definitely the best couple of the season!
Apr 11, 9:09 PM

Oct 2022
This episode perfectly showed the backstory of Nephy and showed how she genuinely cares for her master... And out of that reaction her power awakened.

Apr 11, 9:15 PM

Jan 2008
Elf on elf discrimination. For how they treated Nephy, they got what they deserved! And I hope those knight dudes left with more than a few broken bones.
Apr 11, 9:27 PM

Nov 2022
Well this just jumped from funny to awesome. A little bit of darkness makes all the difference.
Apr 11, 9:47 PM

Oct 2022
That was unexpected...
Nephy's got a twisted personality, huh?..
Anyway great ep love it.

Apr 11, 10:52 PM
Apr 2022
Epi 3 of An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride turns out once again a wholesome episode!
Apr 12, 12:11 AM

Feb 2021
A little bit of lore about magic circles, I like it.
Here 魔術 (majutsu lit. demon arts) is translated as sorcery and 魔法 (mahou lit. demon methods/laws) as mysticism. Both can mean "magic", but 魔法 (mahou) gives a more supernatural and magical feel.
Good episode, I really liked how they talked heart to heart at the end.
Also check out the little drawings at the very end of every episode, I think they are drawn by the artist of the manga adaptation.
Apr 12, 1:07 AM

Dec 2022
If I was him I would destroy the church and everything the believe in. Sorcerers may be bad, but they do it to survive like he said. Screw the church, kill them off.
Apr 12, 1:41 AM

Oct 2022
I believe in an eye for an eye punishment. The villagers didn't deserve death, but instead should have experienced being ostracized like Nephy.
UndefeatedBahamut
Apr 12, 3:00 AM
Sep 2021
This was really an emotional episode, never thought these sad feelings will hit this hard in this series.
Apr 12, 6:42 AM

Dec 2022
Great episode. It almost has everything, first the cute and wholesome interactions between Zagan and Nephy then some knowledge about the magic in this universe for story progression then some decent fighting with different perspective of morals on the line then a twist of Nephy's power then a very good emotional moment between the two about their dark backstory and their acceptance. Been a while I get to see such an awesome episode in the anime.
Apr 12, 7:09 AM

Oct 2022
Nephy shouldn't feel bad for feeling that way towards the villagers, pretty much anyone would feel the same way if put in her position.
Apr 12, 8:21 AM
Apr 2024
Very strange. It's fine
yo
Apr 12, 9:26 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to Phantom_373
This is the first time in a very long time a anime ended an episode and I actually was caught off guard, I was way to invested in this episode
@Phantom_373

Yup, same here. Those episodes have been feeling way too short. 😅

And boy oh boy, everything in this anime just feels so right and is exactly to my liking. It's like tailor made for me, definitely one of the best I've ever watched.
Apr 12, 10:50 AM
Feb 2015
Cute couple , is it okay to live is what this episode entails, even nephy have her dark side
Apr 12, 12:05 PM
Oct 2022
Oooooooooo it’s about turn loose. Now that we’ve seen the tiniest sliver of what Nephy is capable of there’s no going back now. I didn’t look if this was just 12 episodes or not but if so we won’t get to the really really good stuff this season. Those of you who don’t wanna wait a week go read the manga right now. Its easily found and definitely one of my favorites I’ve read in the last year or so. I love these 2 almost as much as they love each other and I can’t wait for what happens next! Happy watching!
Apr 12, 12:08 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Mr_Fudgee
Great episode. It almost has everything, first the cute and wholesome interactions between Zagan and Nephy then some knowledge about the magic in this universe for story progression then some decent fighting with different perspective of morals on the line then a twist of Nephy's power then a very good emotional moment between the two about their dark backstory and their acceptance. Been a while I get to see such an awesome episode in the anime.
@Mr_Fudgee well said! When I first saw this was being made into an anime I was so happy. This story really gets going adding in new characters to their family as well as big baddies they have to work together to stop. It should be a really fun ride!
Apr 12, 12:57 PM
Nov 2021
We got a bit of her Backstory right now and also understand more how the magic and power in this anime works, it was interesting and the action was good. Animation didnt fall off and it kept is still enjoyable, not every anime is able to stay interesting and enjoyable from the beginning, so I hope it will keep that.
Apr 12, 3:11 PM

Nov 2014
this is getting better by the episode glad i gave it an shot
Apr 12, 4:16 PM

Dec 2022
Nephy's ears wiggling with her being happy. AH it's so adorable!
I found it odd that this series only seemed to have 1 version of magic. Now we got 2.
Two people given the shittiest cards in life living together to make each other happy/better.

Apr 12, 5:32 PM

Sep 2023
We get a lot of Nephy and Zagan backstory this week, it is getting pretty interesting. They really share a common past and therefore bonded very quickly. I liked the magic system explanation, there's more to this show than meets the eye.
Apr 12, 6:25 PM
Apr 2022
well that was an unexpectedly great ep, thought the show's just gonna be all about corny master/servant romance relationship
Apr 12, 7:37 PM
Mar 2012
yay Zagan greeted he's learning. Breakfast flirt level over 9000.
Sorcery thoughtful mechanics, designing chip circuits, app permission security. oh now mc talking about Tatsuya & Touma.
'Just the two of us' Bill Withers
Zagan cool lightning fx, such a chad in combat & trash talking. Chastille perceptive tho.
Neph cool surprise druid powers & darker side of her persona.
Apr 12, 9:03 PM

Feb 2010
this anime is a great surprise, i didn't expect this

from a technical standpoint, brain's base really didn't evolve since 2008 tho (not a bad thing, it's refreshing not to have so much special effects in compositing, but it really looks like Baccano and Spice and wolf at the time)

speaking of spice and wolf, this has a really (really) faint feeling of it, with the cute intimate relationship between the two protagonists and the story being centered on them

also, the directing gives off a shoujoesque feeling, which i do not hate

watching it, i feel like i'm back in the 2000's or something, not a bad feeling
lighthalzen-kunApr 12, 9:06 PM

“Read as little as possible of critical or aesthetic works. They are either products of a close-minded spirit, petrified and devoid of meaning in their lifeless hardening, or clever verbal games [...]. Works of art are of an infinite solitude; nothing is worse than criticism for approaching them. Only love can grasp them, keep them, be just toward them. Always give precedence to your own feeling against these analyses, these reviews, these introductions. [...] You must let every impression, every seed of feeling, ripen within you, in the dark, in the inexpressible, in the unconscious, those regions closed to understanding. Wait with humility and patience for the hour of the birth of a new clarity. Art demands of its faithful followers as much as of its creators.”
— RAINER-MARIA Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet (letter dated April 23, 1903).
Apr 12, 10:05 PM

Nov 2022
Expected MC to use some flashy attack and forcefully teleport the knights while refusing the offer of playing dead since part of the deal was quitting sorcery, but so ultimately Nephy stole the spotlight, it may be morally questionable but quite liked the fact Nephy felt happy when her village got attacked, forget those main characters who insist on saving even the villains, it's satisfying when hateable characters die, good to see Zagan helped her get over it so quickly.
Apr 13, 12:33 AM

Oct 2022
I just enjoyed two people finding each other in a crazy dark world.
Apr 13, 1:49 AM

Jul 2015
Nephy using Real magic is way too cool. I love Elves
Apr 13, 4:15 AM
Oct 2022
It’s perfectly normal for wanting to be strong. That’s why Zagan is using the sorcery, in order to get rid of bad guys. I love Nephelia, she is a cursed, but strong girl who is protecting her master. We can see that between Nephy and Zagan is forming a strong bond, they support each other.

It would be awesome if Zagan taught Nephy how to use sorcery as well:)
Apr 13, 5:33 AM
Jan 2024
Honestly better than I was expecting. Just hoping this doesn't turn into a harem.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 2

62 by lighthalzen-kun »»
3 minutes ago

» Why the hell can Zagan absorb magic?

Isekai-Enjoyer - May 4

6 by clovis-ai »»
Yesterday, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 18

90 by Magicmist »»
May 2, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 25

53 by Mystyc_Cheez »»
Apr 30, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 4

77 by kyvvdere »»
Apr 26, 7:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.