Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
Hello...hello to Earth to Zagan for a proper greeting!?

Zagan's living the other plain life, and Nephy...is also living the same as him. And it just so happens that he has no money left, and he needs to earn some...by saving traveling merchants from the perils of armed robbers. Once again, Zagan thinks that he's overdone it, though he's on his usual road to overthinking that money comes easily to him this way.

Zagan getting things for Nephy, and other than his discrimination as a sorcerer, picking out a more appropriate outfit and trying to remove the collar is a job easier said than done. But still, the townsfolk seeing a change of heart through Zagan having Nephy, it's noticeable. And her trying out some good food like cherry tomatoes, both of them share an inkling lols, and already, Zagan a taste of the close-indirect kiss.

The same girl who was saved from the Facestealers and lost the Angelic Knights under her control, she is a Knight within the Church responsible...and more than the false accusation, the Maiden of the Holy Sword, Captain Chastille Lillqvuist, is on the task to clear the misunderstanding.

Will Zagan meet a fate closer to romance, or death?
KANLen09Apr 5, 9:52 PM
Apr 4, 10:21 AM
Dec 2021
did the second episode release already?
Apr 4, 10:34 AM

Oct 2015
Reply to sunnyverma69
@sunnyverma69 I know right, im also confused about this
Apr 4, 12:30 PM
Feb 2024
That guys face sliding right off completely caught me off guard 😂
What an interesting premise though, this looks like it’s going to be a really fun watch! Went to an auction for a sword, returned with an elf bride… seems like a pretty good deal if you ask me. Actually kind of reminds me of The Ancient Magus’ Bride.
They have one of my favorite VAs in this anime too! I’m really excited about this one.
Apr 4, 12:39 PM
May 2021
Huh? today just ep 1 came bruhh 💀
Apr 4, 12:39 PM

Oct 2011
ZAGix said:
@sunnyverma69 I know right, im also confused about this

same here

another leak?????
Apr 4, 1:12 PM
Jan 2024
I thought ep1 comes out Tommorow?
Apr 4, 1:25 PM

Jan 2017
Your bot is malfunctioning.

Edit: nvm I found it
KenrinApr 4, 1:29 PM
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 4, 1:30 PM
Nov 2018
Episode 1 is already out on Crunchyroll. Someone already came out with a thread for episode one before the first episode ever came out. So the bot got confused and thought it was episode 2?
Apr 4, 1:37 PM

Jan 2010
Abema (Japanese streaming service) aired first two episodes back-to-back; so second ep is out - but only raw at the moment
Apr 4, 1:58 PM
Nov 2018
@Mahdhi_ I can't wait. I been waiting for this anime! I really enjoy the manga for it! =)
Apr 4, 2:28 PM

Jan 2017
I almost dropped this after the rather dull first episode, but this one was way more entertaining as they showcased some snippets of Zakan's abilities and there were many cute moments between him and Nephelia. Especially the part at the end when they were eating together, I couldn't help but smile throughout the whole scene.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 4, 3:46 PM
Jun 2021
Haven’t been able to find the 2nd episode but the first episode seems promising
Apr 4, 3:47 PM

Oct 2011
WildWhiteLynx said:
Abema (Japanese streaming service) aired first two episodes back-to-back; so second ep is out - but only raw at the moment

ah I see thank you so much
Apr 4, 5:50 PM
Jul 2023
anyone knows where i can watch the 2nd episode?,
Apr 4, 6:05 PM
Jan 2017
More of the same shenanigans as the first ep. And I always like a clothes shopping scene. Especially if a silver haired fem is the model.
Unfortunately, Zagan continues to be increasingly unbelievable. Went from a street rat to a high-level sorcerer and still acts like he has NO knowledge about the world.
Well, the next episode should have some misguided action. It seems captain Chastille is being duped into attacking Zagan. I hope all the comments about the story getting darker are true. Then I can overlook the weak plot and badly written MC.
Apr 4, 7:18 PM

Dec 2022
Feeding and indirect kiss, check! Church is full of assholes, check! We crossed the streams.

Accepting kindness used to be a completely foreign concept to both Zagan and Nephy, but they're getting there. Would hire the bird lady to dress up my waifus. Appreciate the new gags of Zagan being mistaken for a pervert and saying bizarre edgelord lines when he's trying to show off to Nephy. Diversification!

I wonder what the paladin has in store for our hero.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Apr 4, 7:20 PM
May 2015
Much better than Episode 1. Really glad they did a double episode start so hopefully enough people see episode 2 and don't drop based off how weak episode 1 was.
Apr 4, 9:27 PM
May 2019
I'm pleasantly surprised this got an anime, Ep 1/2 didn't disappoint so far
Apr 4, 9:31 PM
Mar 2023
I feel like this show is about to be stupid and not good. But I’m a sucker for love lol. So I’ll end up watching it and dropping a tear or two.
Apr 4, 11:31 PM
Oct 2021
Episode number aside. Best man Barbatos giving great advice.
Apr 4, 11:51 PM
Mar 2024
Adorable!
I'm loving the 180 of Zagan's outlook when faced with the villagers alongside his new companion, hoping there's even more town folk warming up to him!

If there's anything to be suspicious of, the church lord seems to be planning something.
Apr 5, 12:01 AM

Jun 2023
Two episodes released at the same time! What a treat

I'm a fan of the OP and the ED.
Apr 5, 12:20 AM

Jun 2012
I really like how cute and awkward the duo are. It just feels like each episodes is so short lol. I can't wait to see the rest of this anime!!!
My 2023 Candies:

Bonus 2023 Candies:

Apr 5, 1:09 AM

Dec 2022
She blushed and her ears too turned red.

*dies from too much cuteness*
Apr 5, 1:26 AM
Sep 2023
Well, this episode was definitely better, than the previous one. Less BS, but still a questionable setup from Zagan's character.

They should have really aired these 2 episodes together to give the audience a better start, because the 1st episode alone still pretty awful.

I still found Zagan's character unrealistic, because he's technically this Isekai protagonist, who has this shut in personality, while constantly being shown as an infamous character. I can't immagine a world, where someone like him would have problems with money, just like in every typical Isekai ever. He supposed to be serving someone or rule over others. This type of personality works for isekai protagonist, because they're new in the world, where they get transported to, but Zagan is a local to this world.
And no, I'm not going to complain about his poor habits. That's actually realistic. People, who spend most of their life being poor, usually maintain habist from those times, even if they become rich and powerful, but not like this.
Although, this might be just another "just read the manga" moment, where they'll explain that he just suddenly become rich and powerful.

Either way. I think this "buying her as a slave" was a bad idea. It creates too many plot holes. At least at the moment. Just saving and sheltering Nephilia or receiveing her as an inheritance would have made more sence.
If you don't believe me, than go and watch the 1st episode of The Ancient Magus's Bride. It's technically the same scenario from start to finish, but it made sense, because Elias was filthy rich and just dropping that kind of money was nothing for him. He also had an appearance and notoriety to make him a realistic character in that scenario.
Apr 5, 2:13 AM

Nov 2023
Not a bad episode, but I wonder why he wouldn't use a teleportation spell since he's a sorcerer but instead wants to get on a coach.
Apr 5, 2:15 AM

Oct 2022
His constant internal battle with himself is funny....she has bro second guessing every single move he makes.

Apr 5, 2:18 AM

Apr 2022
Nephilia is slowly warming up to him, I suppose. And so is pretty much everyone else around him. I hope they get that collar off of her asap so their relationship feels less like Stockholm syndrome
Apr 5, 2:39 AM

Nov 2022
Well that Bishop definitely has something to do with the face snatchers lol.

Watching their relationship progress is nice. I'm glad she understands he's socially awkward and a tsundere. 😂
Apr 5, 2:53 AM
Sep 2015
Now I know why this anime open with 2 episodes.
Apr 5, 2:53 AM
Feb 2018
He's so awkward it's becoming really really annoying. And that's only the start of Ep2!!
Apr 5, 2:57 AM

Oct 2022
I love when Nephie blushes heavily and the tip of her elf ears also turn red. She's adorable.
UndefeatedBahamut
Apr 5, 3:05 AM

Oct 2017
Nephy's so cute, really sweet interactions this episode. I was wondering why he didn't take off the colar but it looks like he just can't. Btw thanks harpy shopkeeper, thanks for the Nephy fanservice.

So that red hair girl was a paladin. Zagan getting discriminated just cause he's a sorcerer. I wonder when he'll become an archdemon and everyone will be too scared to even confront him.
Apr 5, 4:35 AM
Mar 2022
If you concentrate on the relationship being unfolded between the main characters, you're probably going to like it as much as I did. So far these 2 episodes made me feel very good. I'm expecting the rest to be as cool as these.
Apr 5, 6:09 AM

Oct 2022
That shopkeeper got a nice sense of dress. I prefer the first dress that the shopkeeper choose for Nephy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They are already acting like a newlywed married couple.

Apr 5, 6:54 AM

Dec 2022
well was this a leak or two episodes released at once dont know but can confirm its quite wholesome also i haven't seen blushing stoic elf that much so is was something to behold usually blushing elfs are tsundere for some reason
Apr 5, 6:59 AM

Aug 2019
I think I'll be watching this one to the end! It's probably the only show from this season so far that's gotten me this interested. Everything up until now has been alright (with the exception of Yuru Camp but I need to finish rewatching the second season). It's funny though, I was thinking about skipping this show entirely but I'm glad I didn't! I have to ask though, why isn't this tagged as comedy?

Also love Nephy's first outfit 👀

@Mr_Fudgee I didn't even notice before but I love it! It's so cute!
Apr 5, 7:30 AM
Mar 2024
So the story goes with this two buying some daily needs, like clothes for Nephilia, and some classic romance scene in a tavern where feed each other. seeing that soft side of Zagan really bring a new light to his charater which make some people think of him diffrently. A woman sure can change a man either better or worse, and in this case, Zagan has look more vulnerable to talk with.
loved it, especially their interaction in the tavern are just cute, they look just like a shy newly wed. Like how flustered Nephilia was when he cant catch the cherry with her fork. and how the other sees them make them even more, it's just exciting how the interaction of the two. classic romance, but it's not your generic usual romance with lots of comedy scream which not even funny. it's good to have some good normal romance again
umm is it normal? I mean Zagan sure only talk with high pride, even tho he want to say a nice thing
Scary_BreadApr 5, 7:34 AM
Apr 5, 8:00 AM

Mar 2013
What a lovely series this is!
Listening to Fern's voice through Nephy is such a wonder. I love it!! 🥰

P.S. Here comes my favourite girl in this series!
CrazyButNot4UApr 5, 8:03 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 5, 8:11 AM

Dec 2022
Gotta love an elf that can do a full ear to ear blush.

Those cherry tomato shenanigans in the middle of a crowded restaurant, amazing.

I need the full version of the ED as soon as possible.
Apr 5, 8:47 AM

Oct 2022
This is like an "awkward converstions simulator" for him. It's funny cause I can relate at times.

I will continue watching this anime. I'm kinda liking the plot right now ☺️
Apr 5, 8:51 AM

Mar 2012
I'm loving this, both episodes were very enjoyable
Apr 5, 9:14 AM

Dec 2022
Bruh should have bought the first outfit too. Might come in handy during the honeymoon.
Apr 5, 9:36 AM

May 2019
Good episode with Nephy starting to warm up to Zagan. I have a feeling that she may come in handy if/when Chastille confronts Zagan since he's being falsely accused.
Apr 5, 9:50 AM
Feb 2024
Good Episode. Very better than the 1 ep
Apr 5, 10:02 AM

Oct 2022
That Clothing shop owner is also woman of culture. 😁
Apr 5, 10:38 AM
Jul 2014
i think people are just happy to finally see Subaru have his happy ever after with Emilia. no doubt this is just another inspired fanfic with role reversals.
Apr 5, 11:01 AM

Jul 2015
The grocery shopping, the outfit buying, people being nice to him, ahhhhhhh and the interactions with Nephy at the diner. Absolutely killed me, soooo cuuute
Apr 5, 11:17 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to sunnyverma69
@sunnyverma69 didn't the first episode came out yesterday only. I don't know myself...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - 4 hours ago

19 by lingojk »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 25

53 by Mystyc_Cheez »»
Apr 30, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 11

70 by NirvashX1 »»
Apr 28, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 4

77 by kyvvdere »»
Apr 26, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 18

89 by Hanako_Yuzu »»
Apr 25, 8:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.