Mar 29, 11:42 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Haiti and North Korea are the ones I really don't want to set foot onto

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 30, 2:42 AM

Aug 2016
Reply to Skimt
USA, and the other "multicultural" countries. Beacuse they've erased their culture. They're generic, boring, creatively dead, and have nothing of depth to say. I would rather visit a Slavic country (The Cradle of Bravado and Empty Threats).
@Skimt There's plenty of culture in the USA. Big cities are obviously more diverse, but there's plenty of local cultures for each state. Ever heard of the Amish?
Mar 30, 2:45 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
India. One of my clients recently went on a trip there. Not as a tourist, but for work. Let me summarize what she said:
- there were dozens of bugs living in her hotel bed and sheets, and the hotel staff refused to do anything about it
- they were burning corpses just outside the hotel
- people stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to take a shit (it's not a meme, it's what they do there)
- no hygiene ethics in restaurants - they take dirty plates and "wash" them in dirty water for 2 seconds (no soap)

It's a terrifying country to visit. Those people are living like animals.
Mar 30, 2:15 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to ShimmyShimmur
@Skimt There's plenty of culture in the USA. Big cities are obviously more diverse, but there's plenty of local cultures for each state. Ever heard of the Amish?
@ShimmyShimmur
too true. I am from a place with an extremely large Amish population. The things I grew up eating, celebrating, and being around were definitely older German influence type of culture
死人に口なし
Mar 30, 5:46 PM

Jul 2013
I don't wanna visit any other country because it costs too much money and resources to travel to other countries.
Mar 31, 2:20 AM

Nov 2017
I dont want to see shithole countries and their miserable living conditions. It makes me sad for unlucky people born in these countries.
Mar 31, 2:59 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Rinenka
I dont want to see shithole countries and their miserable living conditions. It makes me sad for unlucky people born in these countries.
@Rinenka give me an example of such shit hole countries?
Mar 31, 3:59 AM

Aug 2016
Reply to Trimethylglycine
@ShimmyShimmur
too true. I am from a place with an extremely large Amish population. The things I grew up eating, celebrating, and being around were definitely older German influence type of culture
@Trimethylglycine Guessing you're from Pennsylvania right? I'm over in Phiiladelphia.
Mar 31, 4:01 AM

Nov 2017
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Rinenka give me an example of such shit hole countries?
@DesuMaiden
most of the african countries

nigeria
chad
congo
burundi
senegal
zimbawe etc...

also

afghanistan
pakistan
syria etc...
Mar 31, 2:03 PM

Nov 2013
can't believe i haven't seen it mentioned yet - egypt. one of the biggest shitholes on the planet to visit as a tourist, most of your day is spent matrix-dodging scams and god forbid if you're a white woman. morocco is also basically like egypt-lite but the culture is more manageable

if you ever visit egypt and someone asks if you want to travel by limousine for cheap, expect them to bring a camel around the corner called limousine. there are just so many classics you can encounter there, sitcom-worthy
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 25, 5:05 PM

Nov 2020
Outside of unsafe/uncomfortable places, I’d have to go with Kazakhstan/other turkic central asian countries. Most of them seem like relatively fine places to live, but there’s nothing driving me to go there.
Apr 26, 5:06 AM

Aug 2012
North Korea. And also any country that is currently at war. Or on the brink of one.
Apr 26, 5:46 AM

Feb 2024
I don't feel comfortable when visiting Middle East, because I don't share Islamic values. I also sort of dislike India due to some hygiene reasons.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Apr 26, 6:25 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to neol3
@Lost_Viking how'd you conclude that about "most of" India & China?
Asking for a friend
@neol3 probably through watching vids of people travelling to the absolute poorest areas of India & China. Kind of like basing your entire perception of USA from the fentanyl streets of Kensington

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^▽^)ψ__
Apr 26, 6:35 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
India. One of my clients recently went on a trip there. Not as a tourist, but for work. Let me summarize what she said:
- there were dozens of bugs living in her hotel bed and sheets, and the hotel staff refused to do anything about it
- they were burning corpses just outside the hotel
- people stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to take a shit (it's not a meme, it's what they do there)
- no hygiene ethics in restaurants - they take dirty plates and "wash" them in dirty water for 2 seconds (no soap)

It's a terrifying country to visit. Those people are living like animals.
@BigBoyAdvance Did your friend visit Bihar or something? India is vastly different from state to state. Kinda like europe. Backward states need a lot of work to be done but high capita states aren't like that.
Is all of USA like this? Pretty sure it's not. It's just the bad areas.

https://sfstandard.com/2023/05/08/san-francisco-keeps-answering-poop-calls-on-this-street/

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^▽^)ψ__
Apr 26, 6:50 AM

Aug 2018
Any country that's hot and humid all year round, I wouldn't want to visit.
Apr 26, 8:16 AM

Aug 2012
Basically any middle eastern/north african country. I've visited Egypt when I was still a kid. And the people are so clingy there to the point that I'd never want to return. They basically see you as a walking bag of money and keep trying to get something from you. My sis went to Marrakech quite some time ago and said it was even worse over there.

Kinda sad about it though, cause they have a long and interesting history and beautiful landscapes, but it's not worth it in my opinion.

Also any country that's under a dictatorship/religious regime.
Apr 26, 5:32 PM

May 2021
Reply to tsukareru
@neol3 probably through watching vids of people travelling to the absolute poorest areas of India & China. Kind of like basing your entire perception of USA from the fentanyl streets of Kensington
@tsukareru Potentially, lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apr 28, 1:50 AM
Jun 2021
So...
Australia, because of the creepy-crawlies and insanely venomous jellyfish in the seas around it. When the giant spider (huntsman) is something you want in your house.... yeah. Also their censorship laws are terrible, it's really bad to be an anime fan there.
Canada, mostly because the censorship is, once again, terrible, like people get arrested for reading hentai, and not even any of the turbo-degenerate subgenres, just plain old hentai. Still recall of a case of an anime fan reading Nanoha x Fate yuri doujin getting literally jailed for years, because he read a doujin. Just... why?
The whole Indian subcontinent, mostly because the people are ridiculously bad when it comes to some basic decency. Africans at least use the bathroom when there's one around, Indians, Pakistanis etc. don't, even when the state builds one for them. Pakistanis are also the most virulent Islamists on the planet, to the point they'd lynch you if you even dare to say you're Christian. Also the scams, especially in India.
TheMechaManiacApr 28, 1:54 AM
Hot Blood saves lives.
Apr 28, 2:22 AM

Sep 2016
TheMechaManiac said:
Canada, mostly because the censorship is, once again, terrible, like people get arrested for reading hentai, and not even any of the turbo-degenerate subgenres, just plain old hentai. Still recall of a case of an anime fan reading Nanoha x Fate yuri doujin getting literally jailed for years, because he read a doujin. Just... why?

@DreamWindow Is that seriously a thing in Canada? I'm curious.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 28, 2:49 AM

Jun 2019
Zarutaku said:
TheMechaManiac said:

Charged were dropped for the guy guilty of importing the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha doujinshi (but it cost him up to $44,000 in legal costs), and a man got sentenced to 60 days of prison for watching hentai.

This quote was quite funny:

So I stood there and watched my previously new books get examined page by page, thumbed through and pressed open because it was assumed if I read manga, that I was a sex offender.
MeusnierApr 28, 2:53 AM
Apr 28, 3:40 AM
Dec 2022
Meusnier said:
Charged were dropped for the guy guilty of importing the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha doujinshi (but it cost him up to $44,000 in legal costs), and a man got sentenced to 60 days of prison for watching hentai.

There is a good reason my mother's side of the family supports the Quebec independence movement. It's a fact that the federal government in Ottawa is destroying Quebec from its core.
Apr 28, 4:53 PM

Apr 2023
It's a bit of a cheating answer because I already went, and was actually really hyped to visit for a lot of years, but I would NEVER return to France. I visited both Bordeaux and Paris, and both stinked so bad. It was literally unbearable because not only the streets, but also some locals had really, really bad smell.
My family didn't had much trouble, but I'm specially sensitive to strong smells, so it was truly horrible. Both cities were really beautiful, but I couldn't enjoy them as much as I wanted because of it.
Apr 28, 5:01 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to Zarutaku
TheMechaManiac said:

@Zarutaku

Technically, yes. There are laws on the books that prohibit "obscene" drawings, and even roleplay which the state might find abhorrent -which is a literal thought crime and an utter contradiction to freedom of speech. But as far as arrests go, I've only heard of people who try to import to the country getting arrested. Still stupid, but the state controls the borders, so what do you expect? This should give a general idea of the kind of things that get affected.

Meusnier mentioned the more well known cases for manga in particular, so I don't need to reiterate there.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Apr 29, 12:50 PM

Jul 2013
Moving around the world is stupid because there is no safe spot to hide when collapse of industrial civilization and human extinction arrives.
Apr 30, 8:37 AM

Nov 2019
Countries with the highest gang violence are off my travel list. However, Venezuela is looking like a good country to travel to these days.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Has anyone ever told you in real life that "You are enough"?

LenRea - Apr 30

46 by Rhae »»
15 minutes ago

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - May 1

59 by Noboru »»
26 minutes ago

» Have you ever put someone on the 'Ignored Users' list?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

14 by kusairo »»
28 minutes ago

» Are you a pushover

ST63LTH - 8 hours ago

10 by kusairo »»
39 minutes ago

» Do you love anyone in your life?

LenRea - Mar 31

38 by Eleben »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.