Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 9:59 PM

Nov 2017
eisen's sentence ender was hilarious lol
Mar 12, 1:29 AM
Nov 2023
Could someone explain the meaning of the enders? I feel like the joke was lost in translation, desuwa.
Mar 12, 4:56 AM

Jun 2016
This is one of those jokes that doesn't translate well I guess.
Mar 12, 5:07 PM

Nov 2017
Reply to gorkthe134th
Could someone explain the meaning of the enders? I feel like the joke was lost in translation, desuwa.
@gorkthe134th if I was to give an example on your sentence, "-desu wa" is a -girls only- ender and it specifies a rich and famous daughter of someone, -nya is for cats, -zoi is more like for old, senile or middle-aged men and -po is more for airheads, -tcha is more for cutesy baby-type characters, it's all about how it makes you feel when speaking Japanese.
Mar 13, 3:55 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to p1ec3ful
@gorkthe134th if I was to give an example on your sentence, "-desu wa" is a -girls only- ender and it specifies a rich and famous daughter of someone, -nya is for cats, -zoi is more like for old, senile or middle-aged men and -po is more for airheads, -tcha is more for cutesy baby-type characters, it's all about how it makes you feel when speaking Japanese.
@p1ec3ful thank you for the reply!
I used "desuwa" because I heard Emul from Shangri La Frontier always use it as an ender (that was a mistake).
Now that I know what they mean, they seem like pretty good choices for their respective characters.
Mar 13, 12:59 PM

Nov 2017
Reply to gorkthe134th
@p1ec3ful thank you for the reply!
I used "desuwa" because I heard Emul from Shangri La Frontier always use it as an ender (that was a mistake).
Now that I know what they mean, they seem like pretty good choices for their respective characters.
@gorkthe134th no worries I figured that.
And it's not an "allways right" thing but it's stereotypical so for example when a girl uses "boku" instead of "watashi" people say that "she's a 'boku-kko' " which roughly translates to "boku type girl". Using "desu wa" is just mostly affiliated with "ojou-sama" characters and using it as an ender is not a mistake at all either as a boy or as a girl, just try to express yourself whatever way you like, that's the fun part of learning a language.
Mar 15, 7:41 AM

Feb 2021
Eisen became Lum! lol

@p1ec3ful I'm pretty sure that -po and -ccha are just made up.
Mar 15, 5:25 PM

Nov 2017
Reply to Embient
Eisen became Lum! lol

@p1ec3ful I'm pretty sure that -po and -ccha are just made up.
@Embient they're not made up. I just did a google search in Japanese to verify, and the whole joke is "very old, very warrior-like man using baby-tongue" so it makes sense for -ccha but I can't say I actually know the exact meaning of -po. As far as I'm concerned I'm probably right tho.
(I wasn't right, another google search made me remember it was for doves like -nya is for cats)

And forgive me for asking but what exactly is a Lum?
p1ec3fulMar 15, 5:32 PM
Mar 15, 7:47 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to p1ec3ful
@Embient they're not made up. I just did a google search in Japanese to verify, and the whole joke is "very old, very warrior-like man using baby-tongue" so it makes sense for -ccha but I can't say I actually know the exact meaning of -po. As far as I'm concerned I'm probably right tho.
(I wasn't right, another google search made me remember it was for doves like -nya is for cats)

And forgive me for asking but what exactly is a Lum?
@p1ec3ful Okay, -ccha appears to be from dialects from a couple places in Japan
Lum is a character from Urusei Yatsura, and she very often ends her sentences with -ccha
Mar 23, 2:12 AM

Feb 2019
Eisen's was hilarious
Mar 27, 12:31 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Poor Stark getting the shorter end of the stick.
I love how they tied this short with the spell Fern got at the last episode.
Apr 5, 12:04 AM

Jul 2023
This one went over my head. I only now -nya as cats sound them, but I don't know the others.
Apr 10, 12:28 PM
Mar 2019
Must be a Japanese thing.
May 15, 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
I thought that Eisen would have the funniest one and I was not disappointed. That head nod sealed it xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren: ●● no Mahou Episode 12 Discussion

Shikkakku - Mar 24

11 by Gator »»
May 17, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren: ●● no Mahou Episode 10 Discussion

MrYujufudan - Feb 19

16 by Gator »»
May 14, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren: ●● no Mahou Episode 9 Discussion

Atsunome - Feb 8

16 by Gator »»
May 13, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren: ●● no Mahou Episode 8 Discussion

Meixiu - Jan 25

9 by Gator »»
May 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren: ●● no Mahou Episode 7 Discussion

MysticFyr3 - Jan 10

9 by Gator »»
May 11, 11:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.