Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
It's crazy what the power of Gods can really do in this show. I mean, being able to influence the entire world...

Touko seems to be the center of attention yet again and the stake are so high that everyone 's live are involved. Crazy.
Mar 10, 8:21 AM

Dec 2021
Geez, these beasts are tough.

Accompanied by Touko, the fallen beasts appeared before Akira and the rest of the gang. Unfazed and with hunting dogs by their side, Akira and his companions confront the fallen beasts. As they do, Akira, Koushi, and Hibari gaze in astonishment. Meanwhile, Touko guides Akira towards the Princess of Tremors. As they journey, Touko informs Akira that the Princess of Tremors harnesses the power of the divine beings, serving as a pillar of this world.

She also reveals that the Princess is curious about the outside world, having learned about it through Akira's interactions with her sister, Yuruhime.

P.S, season ends next week.
IzanaSolosMar 10, 8:26 AM

Mar 10, 9:00 AM

Feb 2021
A nice info dump episode. I knew that these "gods" aren't actually divine.
If this season is 10 episodes like the previous one, the next episode should be the last, and it will conclude the story (it was said that this is the final season in the trailers).
Mar 10, 9:44 AM

Jul 2011
All 3 hounds were very into the hunting. Mizore was almost dead already, but had energy to throw fangs still.

Again just dumping info on Touko, but still being vague. Sometimes I wish things were explained to her like she is a 11-old kid, which she is.
Mar 10, 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
The fallbeast revealed after the collapse of the Divine Palace, it's basically there as a marker to signal the coming of the end.

Touko hunting down Kira's body to expose the Flickering Flame and set it free from the Millenial Comet, Yuoshichi got taken for a ride with the fake Tayurihime. A summons of Touko to see the Lady Goddess with Hibari in tow of being chosen as the next Tayura-hime.

The scenery with the capsule tubes of failed experiments, successful ones becoming flame fiends and all by implanting fire within them, and worse still, human babies encapsulated within the same tubes that one day become divine gods, the Treefolk Goddess Ruri-Matsuri must've gotten irritated by the divine gods playing games with her.

With the centre core of the Divine Palace being where organical creatures come out to be fire fiends, the origin is where Touko, Koushi, Kanata and Temari stood clear. What has the Lady Goddess got to say about the atrocities of the past?
Mar 10, 12:08 PM
Sep 2015
Grade A worldbuilding meets Grade C animating
Mar 10, 2:39 PM

Dec 2018
This show continues to confuse me; I'll have to do a rewatch. Touko killed a fire beast, Akira disappeared, and now they're looking to have a fight against Gods, it's all too much to handle at once.
Mar 10, 6:01 PM

Jul 2022
Touko could end up as the lady of the Fire Hunters, unless Akira and Touko are the real Goddess, because as far as I understand, there are supposed to be three sisters: the main Goddess, Flickering Fire, and one whose whereabouts are unknown, possibly residing in Touko. Let's see what surprise they reveal in the final stretch.

So, the Spiders, the Trees, the Gods, even the beasts, it could be said that their genetic base is human, created by the divine clans for their own existence. Now I understand why normal humans seem to live in some kind of breeding ground, like cattle.
Mar 11, 12:03 PM
Mar 2015
The Fallbeast fight was ridiculous
Mar 13, 11:21 AM

May 2019
Lots of info dumped occurred in this episode. My understanding is that the "gods" need humans to survive although I don't fully understand what the flickering flame has to do with all of this except maybe to act as a deity to be worshiped.
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Jul 2020
Interesting. So the gods are really advanced humans and the fish are machines that purify the fiend flame in the factory district to extend the goddesses life. Hopefully we see how everything ends in the next episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikari no Ou 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 17

27 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 31, 12:33 PM

» The anime that doesn't want to be watched

MyllerPhiem - Feb 5

10 by IKKIsama »»
Mar 30, 7:12 AM

» AI Drawings

DracoStriker - Feb 1

15 by Argzero »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Hikari no Ou 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3

6 by KANLen09 »»
Mar 10, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Hikari no Ou 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25

13 by KANLen09 »»
Mar 3, 5:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.