Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
Family values at stake and trying to take on a God? Damn, this show isn't shy from going all out.

This show also has some rather mythical-like monsters...definitely feels like we're reaching the climax soon. Touko's destiny also appears to be approaching after so much build up.
Mar 3, 7:51 AM

Dec 2021
Yuoshichi annoys me.

Entering the Okibi household as a private tutor, the butler Yuoshichi, who aims to capture the celestial being Kira and save her from the godly clan member, who abducted her. Yuoshichi, murmuring, If he eliminates one more, the rule of the celestial beings will come to an end, attempts to attack Kira, who has become somewhat dearer to him than the princess, in order to seize her fleeting flame-like life. Amidst fervent attempts by Roroku and Koushi to restrain him, Hibana appears and confronts her husband to protect her daughter.

Finally reaching the shrine, Touko exchanges words with Kira, Yururuho within her. Then, Touko reunites with Koushi and the pitiful sight of Roroku.

Mar 3, 9:02 AM

Feb 2021
Both of their arms getting ripped out was unexpected
RIP Roroku
I wonder what the Comet approaching Earth means exactly.
Have we seen "fallbeasts" before?
We're nearing the ending. I guess this season will be 10 episodes too.
Mar 3, 10:51 AM

Jul 2011
Touko having the her private talk with Tayurahime, probably because no one else there would listen.

Kun looting the bodies, but then leaving the rings, because maybe the thunder is a signal of karma.

If Touko will need to fight the fallbeast, at least have a circular arena already formed.
Mar 3, 3:14 PM

Jul 2022
Yuoshichi was blinded by vengeance, attempting to kill his own daughter, but was stopped by Hibana, and the fate of both parents was very violent.

Kun represents 'innocence' in this anime, and I'm glad that Akira and the others have welcomed him as if he were family, even the father who abandoned him knows he's better off with them.

It's a shame about Roroku's death; I hope Koushi keeps her promise. Is a battle looming between Touko and that beast that appeared out of nowhere?
Mar 3, 9:27 PM

May 2019
I was not expecting Kira's parents to go out like that, ouch! And then Kun playing with their rings until the lightning scared him. With the satellite getting closer I wonder if the goddess within Kira will leave her body and what this means for the surviving humans.

Also, it looks like Touko will have a showdown a fallbeast that looks intimidating, hope she'll be ok.
Mar 10, 10:36 AM

Jul 2017
The feud of Yuoshichi Okibi and the divine gods to kill the Flickering Flame before Kira gets enveloped in the same entity, he's just had enough of the gods playing with his daughter's life. Even his wife Hibana is also manipulated by the gods, Yuoshichi doesn't play it safe and rips his wife apart. Kun being able to find his father within the midst of the tangle, he sure looked like any other ordinary human, but make no mistake that he's a Spider through and through.

Both Touko and Akira were able to see Kira...if she hadn't been inflicted with the Flickering Flame soon enough as a vessel. Roroku might've died a valiant death at the Divine Palace, and Touko talking to the Flickering Flame that Kira failed to become Tayura-hime since her will perseveres within the vessel, the Millenial Comet comes thundering down towards Earth after the divine failure, revealing a fallbeast.

Reaching the climax...near.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikari no Ou 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 17

27 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 31, 12:33 PM

» The anime that doesn't want to be watched

MyllerPhiem - Feb 5

10 by IKKIsama »»
Mar 30, 7:12 AM

» AI Drawings

DracoStriker - Feb 1

15 by Argzero »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Hikari no Ou 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10

10 by InfinityDude88 »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Hikari no Ou 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25

13 by KANLen09 »»
Mar 3, 5:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.