Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 7:29 AM

Oct 2017
Come on man 3 months waiting for 37 pages of talking. Is the away mission gonna start in this decade?
Feb 1, 7:47 AM
Jan 2023
MegamiRem said:
Come on man 3 months waiting for 37 pages of talking. Is the away mission gonna start in this decade?

We're already at day 5 of the away mission test. It is planned to go on for 7 days so I think we have about 1,5-3 years to wait with the current release schedule
Feb 1, 3:42 PM

Oct 2014
I love World Trigger. I really, really do. But this is not even a manga anymore. It's just a light novel with more images than usual. I don't know what editor is allowing the story to move in this pace in a MONTHLY magazine but this is just not it. This is just tell - don't show. It's literally the type of shit the editors criticized in Bakuman when Ashirogi Muto submitted their first manuscript to the SJ editorial. 90% of the panels is a character/s sitting around a table talking with each other. What even is this anymore man... How many more years is this gonna go for?
why
Feb 1, 7:02 PM

Oct 2015
Reply to Magical_Bananana
I love World Trigger. I really, really do. But this is not even a manga anymore. It's just a light novel with more images than usual. I don't know what editor is allowing the story to move in this pace in a MONTHLY magazine but this is just not it. This is just tell - don't show. It's literally the type of shit the editors criticized in Bakuman when Ashirogi Muto submitted their first manuscript to the SJ editorial. 90% of the panels is a character/s sitting around a table talking with each other. What even is this anymore man... How many more years is this gonna go for?
@Magical_Bananana bro u should see modern HXH
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Feb 2, 1:28 AM

Oct 2014
Reply to Mei-o_Scarlett
@Magical_Bananana bro u should see modern HXH
@Mei-o_Scarlett Oh I am caught up brother. And this is still 1000 times worse.
why
Feb 3, 4:16 AM

Jan 2011
Can't say I was expecting a chapter length that actually suited the monthly release this time. Not getting my hopes up that it'll continue like that though.
Feb 3, 11:35 PM

Jul 2014
I'm like... it's fine, because we learn more about the huge list of important characters this story has, there is a lot of character development, with Ninomiya in particular but also other characters who have not appeared in a while, but besides that I think the "XCOM rank battles" are just a terrible idea (with some decent points like the ideas about which kind of trion soldiers to make). If they adapt them to anime it'll likely be more appealing, but is some action too much to ask?
LeviathanTheEspFeb 5, 10:18 PM
Feb 4, 7:00 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Seeing how Mikumo plans to use Trion soldiers is going to be interesting. He isn't very strong, but he has a great mind for tactical games. Though Hyuse isn't a slouch in that department either.
Feb 4, 11:16 AM

Oct 2007
im conflicted, like, i DO really enjoy how much this manga gets into like actual dialogue and how the characters think and act and showing all of that, but yeah this arc is taking an eternity to get through. perhaps they could have reduced the number of teams participating a bit to have kept a little better pace, cause its just too many characters to check in on every day. I do appreciate the length of this chapter though since it was long enough to get most all of this dialogue out of the way, just wish the chapter had covered everything up to "the battle is about to begin".
Feb 5, 10:19 PM

Jul 2014
Reply to Shiken
im conflicted, like, i DO really enjoy how much this manga gets into like actual dialogue and how the characters think and act and showing all of that, but yeah this arc is taking an eternity to get through. perhaps they could have reduced the number of teams participating a bit to have kept a little better pace, cause its just too many characters to check in on every day. I do appreciate the length of this chapter though since it was long enough to get most all of this dialogue out of the way, just wish the chapter had covered everything up to "the battle is about to begin".
@Shiken I don't know. I'm conflicted because the large roster is one of the things I like about this manga.
Feb 6, 4:22 PM

Oct 2007
Reply to LeviathanTheEsp
@Shiken I don't know. I'm conflicted because the large roster is one of the things I like about this manga.
@LeviathanTheEsp nah i do love the large roster in general, just for this specific arc, if there was like 1 or 2 less teams we had to check on every single chapter things would be moving just a bit quicker lol
Feb 6, 5:27 PM

Jul 2014
Reply to Shiken
@LeviathanTheEsp nah i do love the large roster in general, just for this specific arc, if there was like 1 or 2 less teams we had to check on every single chapter things would be moving just a bit quicker lol
@Shiken I think it can be quicker in a lot of different ways, only, it's not really happening. If this is working out the teams that will end up in the incursion then I'd think it may hurt not to cover them thoroughly, but I do agree it's taking too long.

If only it was a weekly release or two chapters per month it would do better but at this point, being mostly a monthly release (It doesn't release a chapter some months and it releases two chapters some other months) it's not a good pacing.

In particular, it's not an arc that requires comparatively high effort in terms of drawing, because there's barely any action in it (again, comparatively, by which I mean other arcs are way harder to draw).
Feb 16, 12:27 PM

Sep 2011
Just caught up for the first time since the rank wars ended. I understand the complaints about this arc as the monthly release and sensei's health issues have made it go on for a very long time irl but that aside it's still got everything I liked about WT in the first place. A wide, varied cast of characters who all act believably and strategically. I do hope we get to the away mission sometimes this decade so the stakes can go back up
Feb 16, 12:33 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Red_Ranger_Wien
Just caught up for the first time since the rank wars ended. I understand the complaints about this arc as the monthly release and sensei's health issues have made it go on for a very long time irl but that aside it's still got everything I liked about WT in the first place. A wide, varied cast of characters who all act believably and strategically. I do hope we get to the away mission sometimes this decade so the stakes can go back up
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
I understand the complaints about this arc as the monthly release and sensei's health issues have made it go on for a very long time irl
It's been 3 years since this test arc started and I doubt it'll end in another 3.
Mar 26, 8:54 AM
Nov 2020
I'm totally loving these chapters full of tactics and strategy; each of the characters brings out their own ideas and personalities and it's interesting to see how the battles between them develop. I am sure that these experiences will be very useful when the time comes for the real neighborhood expedition.

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 238 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 3, 2023

5 by StregAnna77 »»
Nov 23, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 237 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 3, 2023

3 by ricksed »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:18 AM

» What do you think of the current state of the World Trigger manga?

Magical_Bananana - Dec 6, 2021

11 by LemonOrigins »»
Sep 19, 2023 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.