Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2010 4:02 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was quite intense, it really is taking a more dramatic tone now compared to the two first episodes.
The fights were pretty awesome as well.
Jun 30, 2010 12:46 PM
Aug 2009
Nice turn in events that the hacker is getting illegal. I mean with the plane.
Jul 11, 2010 9:53 PM

Sep 2009
Kinda bored me....two minutes of planes.
-yawns-
Sep 5, 2010 6:08 PM

Jul 2009
I gasped when Isamu accidentally punched Myung.

How is Sharon connected to the Ghost X-9, besides sharing the AI-perfecting chip?

Interesting that Sharon loves Isamu more... Could that be reflective of Myung's true feelings? I was getting the vibe that Myung preferred Guld.
Jun 9, 2011 7:19 AM

May 2008
But we still don't know what accident happenen 7 years ago. I wonder if they'll give us some explanation or it remains unclear? But it couldn't be some childs play if the guys are still fighting over it 7 years after.
Sep 5, 2011 3:20 PM

Feb 2009
Myung and Guld have to die!!!
sayami said:
But we still don't know what accident happenen 7 years ago. I wonder if they'll give us some explanation or it remains unclear? But it couldn't be some childs play if the guys are still fighting over it 7 years after.

Yeah,right? That flashback with Myung with her clothes ripped and Isamu standing beside her both staring at someone(Guld?).Have to know what happened!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 1, 2011 2:20 PM

Feb 2010
ChaosLegion said:
Myung and Guld have to die!!!
sayami said:

Yeah,right? That flashback with Myung with her clothes ripped and Isamu standing beside her both staring at someone(Guld?).Have to know what happened!

Yea lol its a must know they have to explain it the next episode.

Dam Isamu punched Myung by mistake :( Guld is quite annoying at times.
Sheepshaman.png
Aug 27, 2014 1:03 PM
Oct 2013
It looks like main characters were modelled from real people, from a real love triangle.
So i can't make myself to hate any of them they all feel like crystal sculptures which were broken by falling to ground by themselves alone.
Aug 23, 2015 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
Character Depth 101
All right here, nigga

So far, this shit feels more like a Ghost In The Shell than Macross, what with AI and shit.

I so fucking want to see Ichijo, Hayase, Minmay, Max, or even just Global. COME ON GIBE DE PUSI b0ss
Aug 23, 2017 3:59 AM

Dec 2015
I guess we are now into AI gone out-of-control territory? Nice to have Love becoming the source of the threat here (opposed to Macross ' resolution tool).
Isamu hotbloodedness is fine, but there are limits. This series is showing nothing but seriousness and yet you have behaviours as senseless as in Macross.

As much as I find the love triangle funny (for their age) and AI intrigues potentially interesting, there is nothing here to keep it interesting over four OAVs

3/5 So, heu... Sharon gonna hijack the AI controlled prototype and be the final boss? :D I wonder how Guldo will die, I hope the two rivals will combine their skills against Apple.

zetsu_shoren said:
Character Depth 101

Ah? The characters seems just enough to fit their role (not sure though if they fit their adult appearance).
I don't find them deep. I would like to know what is giving them "depth"?
Rei_IIIAug 23, 2017 4:08 AM
Feb 20, 2019 6:09 PM

Apr 2009
BOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIINNNNNGGGGG
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2019 8:00 PM

Aug 2008
That virtual idol looks hot af. Add some twintails and she might have a long singing career ahead of her.
May 26, 2019 2:16 PM

Jul 2008
the love triangle isn't that deep. girl likes the impulsive and reckless bad boy over the prone to violence fake "nice guy".

the scope of the story increased a bit with the AI situation, now its not just two guys being jerks to each other.
Jul 18, 2020 4:54 AM

Aug 2017
Fine episode with a crucifixion at the end. Looks like Watanabe just wanted to explore some new themes like AI and utilize new techniques (all this 3D animation during folds and Sharon's performances). Of course we have a "mad scientist" and a guy with the glasses of Bask Om. Kate's husband wears socks with sandals, STYLE!
St0rmbladeJul 18, 2020 4:57 AM
Sep 29, 2020 11:49 AM

Jan 2010
A running theme in Macross Plus is the usage of AI to replace humanity, either for efficiency in war or to provide the perfect mold for entertainment. They're unable to escape the need for people to supply emotions and thought, for better or worse. If humanity ever decides to go full AI control, then it would only end in disaster. Also, from the idol concert scene, I originally thought the coloring and cinematography reminded me of Perfect Blue, but now I definitely see it. What happens when an AI persona gains sentience? In this evolutionary step, what place does humanity have in the wake of AI attaining independence?
Aug 10, 2021 11:44 AM

Aug 2012
That was an intense and very dramatic episode for the love triangle. I really loved so many scenes again and some of the dialogue exchanges were superb.

Very excited to see this final showdown between Isamu, Guld, Myung and Sharon.
Mar 7, 2023 9:05 AM
Mar 2023
Strong technology.

More topics from this board

» Forgiving Guld *major spoiler alert*

arimakenshin - Jan 8, 2009

6 by Gatalis »»
Feb 15, 12:29 AM

» Macross Plus General Discussion

arimakenshin - Jan 8, 2009

7 by Gatalis »»
Feb 15, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Macross Plus Episode 1 Discussion

HooHiraiBunny - Nov 19, 2009

25 by usern0tsc00ter »»
Nov 7, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Macross Plus Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

otoko_tenshi - Jan 18, 2009

52 by Lucifrost »»
Mar 26, 2023 9:49 PM

Poll: » Macross Plus Episode 2 Discussion

Veethorn - May 14, 2010

22 by BlaizeV »»
Aug 10, 2021 10:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.