Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2023 11:18 AM

Apr 2022
What the hell just happened? Did this story do a full 180 and will now be about the "real" world that now has magic, cybernetics and is in ruin for whatever reason?
Dec 20, 2023 11:20 AM

Dec 2018
uh, was that a black hole? and now he's back on earth? wtf? i'm going to miss the garden girls :[
Dec 20, 2023 11:26 AM
Jan 2022
what should I say or what can I say just one word and nothing else masterpiece the best anime of this season and the best episode of this season I absolutely suggest it to you
Dec 20, 2023 11:35 AM

Feb 2007
Did not see that twist coming... :D Looks like there was an actual reason why we spent so much time in this world before his reincarnation.
Dec 20, 2023 11:38 AM
Nov 2022
It`s a great finale with good lore
Dec 20, 2023 12:08 PM

May 2021
goddamn, Highest playing for the end creds was so cool. really great action, thank you kazuya nakanishi and the team, you have moved me! what an episode, absolutely peak.

Dec 20, 2023 12:15 PM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
Defect! The word of this episode!!!
kekeke

AMazing season that ended with a great action!!!

3/10

cool!
Dec 20, 2023 12:15 PM

Feb 2019
RAAAAAAH insane finale. Absolute masterclass of a job adapting this volume. Shadow vs Ragnarok and Mordred ended up being even more epic than in the book. They dragged the fight out in the best possible way.

This finale had everything that makes this series special. Whenever the first OP of a show plays during a big battle you know it’s peak. The over the top parody dialogue, the fights, the sound design, shadow just destroying people verbally and physically and some really cool lore. We now know about the multiverse and how these worlds sometimes collide with one another causing things to shift between. But that’s a two way street. If things are changing in this world, that also means the other worlds are getting affected too

It’s very rare that an isekai actually shows the world that the MC left behind. Back on our original earth, we see that it’s become a hellish wasteland with magic and cybernetic enhancements. I am so excited to see this volume animated, it’s my favourite in the series and I know with the production values of a movie that Nexus are going to cook. Nishino is such a fun character, and beta learning Japanese through social media be great as well πŸ˜‚ Looking forward to those social media troll posts lol

Only issue I have is they didn’t show beta chasing him thru the portal at the end. They saved it for the the shorts on YouTube I guess so make sure you check those out

Thank you Nexus for this amazing job on not just this finale but the series as a whole πŸ™πŸΎ
Marinate1016Dec 20, 2023 12:59 PM
Dec 20, 2023 12:17 PM

Jun 2020
Seeing Cid in space is great though i was looking forward to this happening only at like, around the very end of the story. Mordred didn't even stand a chance against the girls in the anime huh.

And so it's back to Japan. Akane must look ridiculous to anime onlies since she is shown to have power now only to be kidnapped again like 5 seconds later. It's awkward, but getting caught IS her biggest quirk so whatever.

It would be funny if they doubled down on this later and made her get caught even more often to the point Cid really snaps, but nah i know they only did it this way so the season finale would have a bigger "impact". It's a alright decision i guess though just showing Cid and Beta's reaction to being isekai'd would've been enough.
Dec 20, 2023 12:23 PM
Apr 2020
ryoko6 said:
goddamn, Highest playing for the end creds was so cool. really great action, thank you kazuya nakanishi and the team, you have moved me! what an episode, absolutely peak.

I guess kagenou's original world collided with another realm and the influence is what we saw ? thr is also indication that cid didn't actually die and got transported ?

I have not read the original source just speculation from what mondred said
Dec 20, 2023 12:32 PM
Mar 2022
Mindblowig. The Eminence at his best.
Dec 20, 2023 12:34 PM

Nov 2016
a reverse isekai WTF!!!!
Dec 20, 2023 12:37 PM
Apr 2020
My expectations for the sequel were low due to getting disappointed by so many anime sequels previously.
But my god this was a great season filled with so much entertaining moments . The new roleplay of john smith was pretty cool and the lore drop by mordred was insane a lot of things make sense now also shows how much potential the story actually has going forward .

Personal enjoyment 10/10 hopefully my country gets the movie so i can watch it on theatre! Until next time cid
Dec 20, 2023 12:42 PM
Nov 2020
My new favorite anime
Dec 20, 2023 12:42 PM

Jun 2021
Finally the main Female lead I can fully admire is back.
Ain't this the moment we waiting for... so glad I did not read the manga, it was totally worth the wait.
Now in need of season 3 asap
Yandere_@lover
Dec 20, 2023 12:44 PM
Jul 2023
OMLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Dec 20, 2023 12:45 PM
Nov 2023
Absolutely loved it!
πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€

Glad to hear S1 opening again also.
Haven’t enjoyed an anime this much in a while so I’m look forward to the sequel(s) after this!!
Dec 20, 2023 12:45 PM
Aug 2023
a nice and funny series to pass the time fast
Dec 20, 2023 12:55 PM
Feb 2014
Huh? How did Nishio know him as Shadow when he was only Stylish Ruffian Slayer in that world?
Dec 20, 2023 1:05 PM
Feb 2019
Thief2K said:
Does anyone know why the s2 of anime is different from the manga?

yes, that's why I am here wondering the same. maybe going with the LN ????
Dec 20, 2023 1:08 PM
Apr 2018
Great anime, awesome fights, and nice comedy. Enjoyed It so far.
Will Cid keep his powers in Japan? I'm very excited about what comes next.
Dec 20, 2023 1:13 PM
Jan 2023
sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Dec 20, 2023 1:19 PM

Sep 2007
WHAT?! He got transported back to his original world? (which is all weird now)

Nuuuoooooo Gonna miss the Shadow Garden girls.....also surprised Cid just jumps in and kicks butt no question asks.

Also surprised it looks like he still can use those "slime powers" (and I wonder if it affects the "slime powers" he gave everyone else now that he's "another dimension")

Kinda hoping he'll find his way back but Mordred made it sound like the phenomenon was super rare/random plus the ring (that caused the "artificial gate" in the first place) broke...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 20, 2023 1:20 PM
Aug 2019
Reply to MegamiRem
Holy shit Cid's back on earth, what happened to earth though? It merged with another realm? We got see Akane again and a re-enact of the scene from episode one again. What a way to end the season. I need the movie right now. Can't wait.

As expected Shadow obliterated the mech dragon thingy. Though wasn't expecting Beta and Epsilon to handle that knight guy, goes to show how strong they actually are. We even got more world building, that was really interesting. So like how planets orbits the sun the realms orbit something. Wonder what that is. Also we got one last I am atomic to end the season and the scale of it was bigger than ever, like he went to outer space to do it, holy.

Great season again, really enjoyed it and I'm hyped to see more. Specially after how it ended with Cid going back to earth. Wonder if Akane will learn the truth about Cid. Really looking forward to the movie.
@MegamiRem the ending was freaking awesome imagine to go back to your world before isekai. and with magic freakin awesome
Dec 20, 2023 1:33 PM

Mar 2021
Yeah the 2nd season was still entertaining but not as entertaining as the 1st season. I still think one day the story will eventually conclude with The entire story all being a figment of Cid's imagination. Cid maybe sitting in a mental institution watching some generic isekai Anime on TV while mumbling "I am atomic" over and over again. lol
Dec 20, 2023 1:51 PM

Sep 2014
Ok this show has just transcended simply beeing "good". I was spoiled that he gets back to earth in this ep, I was not expecting earth to have its own apocalypse to deal with!

"You are a rank even below delta" Highly unnecessary Delta burn!

And a movie has been announced? Lets go!

I just hope it comes ASAP because the usual delay between japan movie releases and us getting them is long enough already and might screw up a sequel season otherwise.

Really this show is just impressive, its just so consistently good, I dont think I have ever experienced this. There is no single boring or bad episode. Every single one of them is great!

and that leaves us with an overall great show!

The studio certainly did its job well elevating this utterly ridiculous story to greatness by having great animation, artwork and sound design on top!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 20, 2023 1:57 PM
Apr 2021
to final episode so far so good, but nothing special or my expectation to highest. hmmm ?
Dec 20, 2023 2:20 PM
Mar 2019
this season was gas
Dec 20, 2023 2:42 PM
Dec 2020
Softhenic03 said:
We know things are bound to get super serious when they skip opening, and I mean how couldn’t that be, we literally had the epitome of “evil” Ragnarok, going full bonkers against Shadow from the very first second of this episode.

Liked how it didn’t even take the rest of the shadow garden making it to the scene, with Beta joining the fray too. Rose came into her senses too and was doing great… until she saw how just Epsilon and Beta alone managed to beat the life out of Mordred lol, to the point where he literally STARTED EXPLAINING THE ORIGINS OF BLACK ROSE AND EVERYTHING RELATED OUT OF HIS OWN FREE WILL lmaooooooooo.

Appreciate the much needed exposition from Mordred though, like how Black rose connects this world to the other world or how the demonic realms they call are responsible for the appearance of these monsters or how Rose was just a simple offering from the start. She’s a sad cause, but so is Mordred, I mean his Ragnarok was simply taken out, and when he tried to attack Shadow in a transformed form…

… man had no chance then too smh. “I’M ATOMIC” happened like ever, I mean Cid didn’t explicitly use “AM” this time but okay this was still epic. Though to be honest, whatever transpired thereafter was even MOREEEEE EPIC.

We got a callback to that very first episode with Nishino Akane again going through those same things(?) she did back then, but of course there’s a twist, it isn’t exactly what we saw back then, as that last minute disaster back in their own world, has transported Cid to the earth.

It's not Cid but SHADOW this time who'll save Akane. THEY PLAYED THE FIRST OPENING AS THE ENDING CREDITS, and that was a hype sendoff.

A season 3 is a matter of when and not if, if we’re being honest here. Just hope it comes within a couple of years lol.

a couple of years i want it noww 😭
Dec 20, 2023 2:47 PM
Aug 2019
Last episode containing my fav soundtrack AND an atomic? Sign me in. Also, does anyone know what is the ost called (description of a scene containing it below)

Dec 20, 2023 3:46 PM
Mar 2022
The ending was a great cliffhanger...
Dec 20, 2023 3:48 PM

May 2016
god damn. he has the most cringe persona ever.
Dec 20, 2023 4:06 PM
Nov 2022
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I love a curveball
Dec 20, 2023 4:15 PM
Dec 2020
Holy shit I can't wait to see more of this, maybe I'll read the light novels or something cause I have so much fun watching this in a way that I haven't in a long time. Fight scenes are cool as hell, MC is such an extreme of all personality traits, and the comedy is just so good. Love it.
Dec 20, 2023 4:27 PM
Nov 2019
This is a masterpiece... didn't expect the last scene from the last EP
Dec 20, 2023 4:28 PM
Jul 2020
best last episode of an anime imo. Its a cliffhanger but a satisficing one for me.
Dec 20, 2023 4:28 PM

Feb 2020
I thought his ass was gonna pull a Kars on that Mordred dude by sending him to space for eternity lmao. Also, I wonder where they're gonna go with this. He's back to Japan now apparently??? Why does shit look so different now and what the hell happened in the real world?? Why are there lightsabers and shit now 😭 I'm excited to see what they have cooking for the movie!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2023 4:33 PM
Dec 2020
It was fire!!!!!!!
Dec 20, 2023 4:47 PM
Oct 2013
10/10 TOP VERY VERY GOOD
Dec 20, 2023 4:48 PM

Nov 2021
Bro the ending was so crazy and perfect with the opening song from season 1 😭😭😭 I always wondered if he would go back to his old world and they actually did it. I'm so hype for the movie now πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Dec 20, 2023 5:00 PM

Nov 2012
Oh goodness! Shadow's now traversing dimensions. Looks like he's in a dystopian version of his original dimension.
Dec 20, 2023 5:10 PM
Apr 2022
liked how Cid tries to explain how nuclear works but fails then concludes nobody cares about it, finally doing his signature move. then does the reverse isekai probably leaving another misunderstanding for his shawdow girls to smarten it out. liked the moon is red, the frenzy has started arc and the john smith arc but the blond princess arc kinda felt weak compared to the two. a decent show overall
Dec 20, 2023 5:26 PM
Jan 2023
I love this anime it will always be one of my favorites tbh I feel like they are using the movie as an middle ground to take their time with a season 3 but I will miss all of the seven shadows plus rose. but my favorite is probably alexia. sad we didn't see much of her in season 2
Dec 20, 2023 5:35 PM

May 2019
Wow, I did not see Shadow going back to Earth and again rescuing the girl from the 1st episode of season 1 coming. I'm assuming the movie will continue where this ended and that makes me want to watch it even more.

Anyway, I thought that this season was really good but I wish it had been a little longer as season 1 spoiled me with 20 episodes and this felt a bit rushed. Between the 2 seasons I liked season 1 more but this was still very good and I look forward to the movie and whatever else is made beyond that.

8/10
Dec 20, 2023 5:38 PM

Apr 2022
definitely did not enjoy it as much as s1. the first few episodes were good though. can't believe this is getting a movie lol wtf.
Dec 20, 2023 5:39 PM
Mar 2021
well, will be there a 3rd season....πŸ‘Ύ
Dec 20, 2023 5:57 PM
Dec 2021
OMG, what a great series!!! I can close December as very satisfying year, a delightful year, what a great series. No more words, stunning ending.
kitohaDec 20, 2023 6:04 PM
Dec 20, 2023 6:12 PM
Aug 2021
Not happy. They didn't have Bata hugging Shadow.
Dec 20, 2023 6:24 PM
Apr 2023
Another great season - it also tied up with season 1 nicely.
Will go for the manga adaptation now while I wait for the movie!
Dec 20, 2023 6:26 PM

May 2022
Simply amazing!

I enjoyed every second of this season. I couldn't help but be anxious for next week to arrive and now I discover that there is a film confirmed.

That cliffhanger at the end... EPIC. This is easily one of my favorite animes.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2023

161 by nanajp »»
Yesterday, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2023

93 by nanajp »»
Yesterday, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2023

125 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2023

217 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2023

151 by nanajp »»
Yesterday, 5:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.