Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 19, 2023 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
So we got Helck vs Alicia for the season finale. It's not one of those huge fights but definitely carries more emotional element than some of the others.

It's great they didn't forget about Vamirio in the final episode either. She got her spotlight full of confidence and didn't hold back. I love how they captured the chemistry between the cast in the finale.
Dec 19, 2023 9:46 AM

Dec 2021
Honestly, the thing I'm going to miss the most is seeing Piwi.

Facing his former friend, Alicia, Helck smiles gently at her drastically changed appearance. Meanwhile, Vermilio, battling against Rafaed, is filled with anxiety about Helck. As she fights, questioning herself, she finally realizes the true nature of her tumultuous emotions. In the midst of a storm of negative aura, Vermilio runs to deliver the answer she has derived to Helck's location.

i really liked this episode. It shows that Vermilio is on top of things, and Helck doesn't seem as weak as the doctor made him out to be. Honestly, if this episode wasn't so good, the anime wouldn't have hit me with such mood swings. It feels like a real turning point, a chance for Vermilio and Helck to follow their hearts, and a great way to wrap up the anime.

With Helck and Vermilio now focused on a new mission—to save the humans—our journey takes a break for now. It's such a good anime; I'll miss it.

If you're eager to continue the story right where the anime ended, start from Chapter 71!
IzanaSolosDec 19, 2023 9:49 AM

Dec 19, 2023 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
Helck's final (manipulated) enemy to face: his old comrade of Alicia, while Vermilio takes care of the rest of the winged knights, along with Raphaed. Most certainly, Helck knows he's up against a formidable friend who's gone astray — the friends he cares about, only to be used as weapons of mass destruction, something which Vermilio finally makes sense of regarding the human hero and his antics of kindness. What she said before to him to destroy the Human Realm, her actual intent is the total opposite since Helck was able to converse with both Edil, and now Alicia.

With that confidence, Vermilio is more pumped now that she figured out Helck's plan all along, but still, Raphaed stands his ground that she still doesn't
understand Helck, sticking to the plan Mikaros had all along. And despite his claims that Azudra was defeated, the Azudra that Vermilio knows is a rather tough rock (which said guy is now in recovery) like a cockroach, no matter how tenacious he is. The look on Helck's face to stand his ground, Raphaed calls for a ceasefire, who still relents that both Helck and Vermilio wanting to save the humans, is a needless effort.

This is a rather good stopping point for the anime, since this is just the start of the manga's final major arc (Save the Humans).
But for now, Chapter 71 is the beginning point of reading the source material till the end.

But as much as the anime in its current state is a rather disappointing and subpar affair, I am VERY down if there is a continuation to one day finish the entire adaptation. Who knows when it'll come out, I'll be crossing my fingers until it drops.
KANLen09Dec 19, 2023 11:15 AM
Dec 19, 2023 9:52 AM

Apr 2020
I'm surprised the score is this low tbh.
I do think it's the score it deserves but usually my 7/10 shows have at least 7.5 score on MAL.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 19, 2023 10:44 AM
Aug 2020
it was a good way to finish this season i guess

it's a great friendship

so that was the Plan of Helck...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 19, 2023 10:45 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to ZER0PT
I'm surprised the score is this low tbh.
I do think it's the score it deserves but usually my 7/10 shows have at least 7.5 score on MAL.
@ZER0PT it is a big 7 and for 15k votes, it is far from bad
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 19, 2023 11:00 AM

Jun 2017
Wonder if they make an S2, sure the animation wasn't the best but the story itself was well executed, a lot of the foundations got laid nicely.
Dec 19, 2023 11:05 AM
Sep 2015
The anime is falling apart, but it's actually Anne that save the day. She's a strong, inspirational female character that's also helpful to the strongest character, Helck.
Dec 19, 2023 11:12 AM

Aug 2014
Didn't feel like a finale but I'm hoping that's them hinting as a season 2 soon :D We still dont know what happened to the spy girl.

Anyways, sad to see this one go. My anime of the year and its sad we won't see Piwi for god knows how long :(

"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 19, 2023 11:25 AM

Jul 2011
I hope there will be a season 2. They gone over 50% of the manga, already.
Dec 19, 2023 11:31 AM

Jul 2020
The show was a pleasant surprise. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me pretty quickly.
The biggest mystery now is who/what Piwi is if not a bird? s2 needed
Dec 19, 2023 11:32 AM

Aug 2018
Hope we get Season 2
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Dec 19, 2023 11:39 AM

Feb 2019
“You’re not alone anymore because you’ve got me now” 😢 banger finale and beautiful scene. Can’t believe it’s been 24 weeks since this started airing. Been a wonderful journey with Helck and Vermilio. One of the most underrated shows of the year.

This really didn’t even feel like a finale, more like the actual start of the real battle, saving the humans. I knew at some point Helck would have a change of heart. No way he could really strike down comrades he’s shared so many happy memories with.

I like how they showed Vermilio imagining having to kill Azudra and the others and how much that would destroy her emotionally. Helped her visualise all the internal strife Helck must be going through.

We’ve seen several of the awakened heroes retain aspects of their personality, so deep down in there, that spell can be broken. For all his bluster, Mikaros has vastly miscalculated the indomitable nature of the human spirit.

I feel like there’s some good left in Raphaed as well. I don’t really see why he’d call a ceasefire when they had the numbers advantage on Helck and Vermilio. Just doesn’t strike me as pure evil unlike Mikaros.

Back in the demon kingdom it’s nice seeing Azudra and the others safe and sound, albeit banged up. The brief flashback we saw when Azudra was sleep made it seem like he had a human friend a long time ago, so the idea of saving them is an easy one for him to get behind.

Hopefully we get another season to finish adapting the manga since it’s adapted like 70 percent of the chapters already

P.S Piwi isn’t a bird???? Top 10 anime twists
Marinate1016Dec 19, 2023 11:55 AM
Dec 19, 2023 11:44 AM

Dec 2017
I've put the manga on hold, waiting for the anime, hoping it would be better than the source. Well, this felt underwhelming. Quite mediocre adaptation.
Dec 19, 2023 11:45 AM
Apr 2016
Yep.... need more Piwi ...

Hope after this there will be some piwi merch out there, maybe at least a nendoroid lol.
Dec 19, 2023 11:46 AM
Nov 2021
i hope the remains chapters will be cover in OVA.
Dec 19, 2023 11:47 AM
Dec 2012
there was a episode preview at the end of the episode. Is it for season 2? Or is it some extra episode? Also is season 2 even announced?
Dec 19, 2023 12:17 PM

Jan 2023
I thought it was a very good episode to conclude this series.
Lots of hope and good moments: Vermilio speech 'let's save the humans' and her determination, Helck's emotions and trust in her, and last but not least Alicia letting Helck give her a hug (so she's still there somewhere).
Also, glad to Azudra is still alive and kicking (kind of): it seems we do not know everything about him yet for sure.

Basically, we got a pretty positive ending for what ended up being a pretty decent show overall.
It was not perfect, I didn't like every single episode, but I loved most of them, especially the comedy oriented ones.
But I didn't love just the comedy: the story is very interesting and touching for sure, so I'm looking forward to (hopefully) a season 2 one day :)

7 for the whole show from me!
Dec 19, 2023 12:18 PM
May 2022
Well, they clearly ended it hinting at a S2. Let's see if we'll get it and if so, when.
Dec 19, 2023 12:33 PM

Dec 2022
well not an ending but a beginning
Dec 19, 2023 12:48 PM

Jul 2016
Vermillio's comradery with Helck is sweet considering how they started off but seeing it get even stronger after she realized the pain he's been in all this time was genuinely beautiful.

Azudora's back in bandage blood-coughing mode. Good times.
Dec 19, 2023 12:53 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I had a feeling we were going to get an anticlimactic ending which is a shame now that the story was finally getting some where. The first half started really good, but things don't really pick up until the second half with Helck's backstory. Hopefully it will get another season just to wrap up the final arc of the manga.

6/10

Felt like I wasted my time with this one.
Dec 19, 2023 1:12 PM

Jan 2012
And so we end with Helck's brief reunion with Alicia, Azudora's survival, and a renewed resolve to save humanity.

It's been awhile since I've read Helck, but from what I remember this adaptation did a fairly decent job of adapting it to this point. I read a lot of the weekly discussion threads for this one, which is something I rarely do for a series I'm keeping up with nowadays, and I noticed quite a bit of criticism regarding the story. I think it's fair and understandable if this is your first and only way of experiencing Helck, but like I said that wasn't the case for me. As a result I didn't share the same complaints. I will say that I think Helck is one of those series best appreciated, or enjoyed, marathoned rather than weekly. I read the entire manga over the course of a day or two shortly after it was finished and really liked it, but I'm not sure I'd feel the same just watching or reading it piecemeal over an extended amount of time. Regardless, I'll give this a solid 7/10 so far. I really do hope we get the rest adapted as the best is yet to come. I really love how the story ends in particular.
Dec 19, 2023 1:19 PM

Jul 2012
Great adaptation from start to finish. Now we wait for them to adapt the remaining of the manga soon enough (I doubt they will stop here).

The directing in general (including art directing) was pretty solid, though I would have loved a darker, more menacing color palette to match the ominous feeling the manga delivers so right. Too bad it was quite low budget overall, but even then, it never felt like it was lacking in love with the attention to detail and consistency, the mistakes to be fixed in the BD are minimal, this was clearly a modest but cared for production.

I'm going with a 7.5+/10 (8 on MAL) since it lacks a bit of the same impact the storytelling delivers with its amazing art in the manga, mostly because of budget constrains. But that's compared to the 8/10 I gave to this first portion in the manga (the superior source material in this case), it's not too different, and people are not missing much by watching this over the manga, they covered every single bit except for some little mini stories that don't add much at all (still, they included a few of the better ones in the anime anyway!).

This was definitely something that went for doing the manga justice with all it could work with, and I immensily respect the care put into it. Sheer contrast to a certain other low budget adaptation that didn't have nowhere near as much soul put in the production some time ago (Biscuit Hammer). Which was what I feared this would be like, but thank God it was the opposite.
Dec 19, 2023 1:32 PM

Jul 2022
The war ended with a stalemate, just like the Korean War god damn it.... 7/10

Dec 19, 2023 1:40 PM
Sep 2022
I have to say I enjoyed this but I can't quite get the emotional weight of it all. his comrades are immortal meaning the moment they get heavily damaged because they canonically do not die they are able to talk and act until the last moments where they are then respawned, does it hold any weight on him killing them it's tantamount to just going for an all-out spar against them, or did I miss some massive point?
Dec 19, 2023 1:53 PM

Dec 2016
Ding dong, the b*tch is dead.

Good lord, I've always thought of myself of a generous rater handing out 7 and 8s scores like candy and 5 and 6 to pretty bad shows, heck I think that the lowest I've rated in recent years was a 4, but Helck truly takes the cake at being terrible underwhelming in storytelling, direction, animation and character writing that gets my lowest score of a 2.

This finale almost felt like Namek arc in ol' DBZ where 5 minute time was stretched out to 4 or 5 episodes. Horribly stretch out of ol cheap "Talk no Jutsu", dumb cannon fodder soldiers that despite surpasing 2 character heroes in numbers, just fly around like targets in a carnie shooting range. Alicia's encounter that was so overhyped by the previous events was completely worthless. And Rafaed... good lord, haven't seen such a contrarian antagonist to his own principles in like ever.

Rafaed in the early series: glad I saved Helck from going to war and let his brother do the dirty job.
Rafaed after Salamy turned everyone into brainless zombies: save yourself Helck, and run away to a secluded place.
Also Rafaed in this episode: I'm just waiting for Helck to become a cliched anime protag and go into berserk mode because reasons. Also pack it up boys, we're leaving despite having the upper hand in this battle. WTF?

Legit the only episode I didn't feel annoyed by such contrived storytelling with convenient writing and events happening with zero odds (Helck and his brother being saved by the rich people from a life of misery, Alicia appearing in the nick of time to save a village from monsters while she carried out of nowhere a legendary sword, and such) was the episode with Asta's spy surveilance, at least the jokes in that episodes were mildy funny and not cringe gags based solely on cheap reaction faces.

More than likely, there will be a seson 2 later on just as cheap as it was season 1. Yeah, I think I'm done here with this dollar store fanfic.

Dec 19, 2023 1:57 PM

Apr 2016
Seeing Alicia crying, and Helck when confronting each other at the beginning got me teary eyed. Such an emotional episode.

This show is such a hidden gem. I can't wait for the next season to be adapted.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Dec 19, 2023 2:12 PM

Oct 2017
Helck and Alicia stuff this episode was emotional. Felt bad for Helck. Glad about what Vamirio did, she's been a good character throughout the series and in this finale too. Good to see Azudora alive too.

This started off with some fun episodes and I really liked it but then the quality decreased gradually and became something of your usual human bad demon good type of fantasy with just a few new spin off things here and there. The mediocre adaptation didn't help it either. With a bit better pacing and adaptation it could have been a much better anime. Anyway s2 when?
MegamiRemDec 20, 2023 3:01 AM
Dec 19, 2023 2:18 PM

Dec 2013
Helck's expression when he got reunited with Alicia almost made me cry, same with Vamirio once she realized everything, this show was such a surprise for me, I loved every second of it, I really hope there is a second season because all I want to see Helck happy and smile genuinely, and the world needs more Piwi ofc, he even got a new friend Rococo.
Dec 19, 2023 2:53 PM

Nov 2009
Welp, Helck has to fight his former lover companion, Alicia.

I don't think there's any more of Helck's old firends that's still alive or isn't turned into monsters.

And Helck knew, so he was willing to kill his friends to end it all.

But Vami finally realizes, and stopped Helck.

With the reverse message at the beginning "Kill all Humans" now Vami declares "Save all Humans".

Vami gone so crazy, that even Helck got confused for a while there, LOL.

Also, the flashback to long hair Vami, I miss her long hair...

But Raphaed apparently decide to stop fighting and left... I wonder what Mikaros will think or do now. I have a strange feeling that Mikaros might also "mind break" Raphaed.
amlgDec 19, 2023 3:08 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 19, 2023 4:14 PM

Mar 2016
One of the most disappointing anime adaptations I’ve seen this year, though thankfully it wasn’t anywhere near unwatchable like the damned excuse of the Biscuit Hammer adaptation last year. Regardless, the poor visuals and directing pretty much downplayed all the positive aspects of the story material, so it’s telling me that they really don’t care at all about this series compared to other more relevant titles.

The manga was far better in terms of capturing the tone shifts as well as the serious and emotional moments, so I’d suggest to read that as soon as possible whether or not s2 becomes a thing (probably will soon, but no high hopes whatsoever).
Dec 19, 2023 4:54 PM

Dec 2018
Anne is best girl. It was sad for those people's camp to get destroyed. They weren't even much of an army, many of them were innocent servants excited for their return. this show really dragged in the middle but had a strong beginng and end
Dec 19, 2023 5:04 PM
Nov 2020
MomoSinX said:
Wonder if they make an S2, sure the animation wasn't the best but the story itself was well executed, a lot of the foundations got laid nicely.

Hmm the post credits scene makes me think another season is in the future.
Dec 19, 2023 5:13 PM

Sep 2020
To all the people that want to check the original comic: don't start from volume eight, go and read Helck from the very beginning; you'll discover many, many things that weren't included in the anime.
Dec 19, 2023 5:18 PM
Apr 2022
can't say the animation was the best but the story was interesting enough for me to continue watching, it had some emotional moments which weren't overly sentimental, also really liked the 'turning humans into angel slaves' concept which makes sense since angel is by defitnition a loyal servant to God. still not sure what's kiwi bird for, maybe its for emergency food, who knows? anyway, gonna wait for s2. good show 7/10
Dec 19, 2023 5:53 PM

Mar 2008
Nice speech, kinda touching but didnt feel like a finale point more a point where you just gotta wait next season from what is technically a cliffhanger but hey at least character development i guess
traedDec 19, 2023 5:56 PM
Dec 19, 2023 6:06 PM
Jul 2011
I had good expectations with this anime in the beginning, but after many episodes, some of them looked as fillers, Ii became really ok, nothing more than a 5 grade anime. I don't know if it is going to receive a second season and also if there is much things left to be adapted
Dec 19, 2023 6:20 PM

Nov 2020
It was 'ok'
The pacing was all over the place and the animation was uhh... but I liked the characters. I think that the voice actors really carried the show, especially Vamirio. I'll probably read the manga in the future.
Dec 19, 2023 7:05 PM
Feb 2019
This is 24 eps or 26?
Dec 19, 2023 7:18 PM

Feb 2011
Vermilio carried this show. She was fantastic.

Wish we saw more Helck brutality, but unfortunately we don't, and now the show is all SAVE THE HUMANSSSS

It was fine. A low 7 is perfect, as it is scored already.

Piwi was annoying though.

Would like an s2.

Dec 19, 2023 7:28 PM
Apr 2023
I almost thought this will end like an 'Omedetou' moment like in original run of the Evangelion anime but yeah it ended with Talk no Jutsu.

I might just end up picking up the manga now. The entire adaptation was extremely stretched so much and it left a lot of interesting developments that I want to see what will happen after.
Dec 19, 2023 8:11 PM

Mar 2007
Saved all the good stuff for the last half of the anime, then just as we are finished with all the flashback bits it ends on a cliffhanger! Argh!

Hope they do S2, I'd like to see what happens with the next fights, and we need more Azudra and Piwi (he's going to be powerful, I can feel it in my guts, he's just too cute to be anything but the mysteriously powerful deus ex machina mascot).
Dec 19, 2023 8:26 PM

May 2019
I was kind of disappointed how this series ended with the feeling that nothing big materialized except for Vermilio telling Helck for them to save the humans. I still enjoyed the journey but the ending wasn't as impactful as I would've hoped. Beyond that the animation was average but the storyline was good. Hopefully another season is announced soon to do this series justice.

7/10

Dec 19, 2023 8:30 PM

Dec 2015
I put this anime on old after episode 8. Does this get any better or is it about the same throughout? Just wondering if I should force myself through it or just give it up. At least until they (possibly) finish it off with another season.
Dec 19, 2023 8:57 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to Hahnime
i hope the remains chapters will be cover in OVA.
@Hahnime What are you saying?! We need a whole second season!!!
My candies:
Dec 19, 2023 9:40 PM

Jun 2019
My 249th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Dec 19, 2023 10:29 PM

Sep 2021
It feels really weird that this is the "finale" of a 2-cour anime. What even happend to Asta? But perhaps there was just no good point to end it. And while I image some anime original content might've been a nice touch, this can backfire if done badly, like in Shadows House.

The episode itself was good though. I like Vermillio's resolve!

As for the anime as a whole, it had it's ups and downs. It had a really strong start as a comedy and offered a decent first fight facing Edil.
Then it went downhill with what almost felt like a series of fillers where neither comedy nor serious plot hit.
The 3rd part, world's longest flashback, was a step in the right direction again. Even though it took up a lot of time, I enjoyed it to the end and it moved the story forward properly. Though it also completly changed the atmosphere, taking out all the comedy and turning the show into a drama instead.
The final part had some very strong fights, especially Azudra Vs. Mikaros and handled it's drama action well. But I'm left a bit unsatisfied because it didn't move the plot forward much (yet).

7/10 for now. It just did too many mistakes to be an 8, even though it had some really, really good moments. I hope they continue the adaptation, but I'd be suprised if they didn't. Why else commit to a two-cour if there's no good point to end it anyway?
Dec 19, 2023 10:50 PM

Mar 2019
It was cool to watch...
Vamirio waifu.💖
Pi-chan is a dinosaur lol.

7/10
Dec 19, 2023 11:05 PM

Jun 2019
JayVeeDee said:
there was a episode preview at the end of the episode. Is it for season 2? Or is it some extra episode? Also is season 2 even announced?

It wasn't a preview. It was just a quick montage of clips from previous episodes we already saw throughout the series, placed in the slot where the preview for the next episode usually went and taking the same or a similar length to the previews.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» English Dub Announced for April 2024

jorel262 - Mar 21

1 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 30, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Helck Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2023

117 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 30, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Helck Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2023

94 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 30, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Helck Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2023

127 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 30, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Helck Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2023

162 by KingGarland »»
Apr 2, 9:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.