Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 24, 2023 1:10 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Something doesn't add up to me, Gesicht was able to quickly finish off Pluto, but I don't think this Pluto is the malicious aggressor of other episodes.

Abra is in the spotlight, finally!

Tears, nice last point!!!

kekeke
Nov 26, 2023 12:56 PM
Jul 2020
El mejor de los capítulos hasta el momento sin duda.
Nov 27, 2023 8:27 AM
Jul 2019
This episode was the best episode of the series.
Nov 27, 2023 10:58 AM
Nov 2020
This is one of the greatest anime episodes ever. The atmosphere, the emotions, the animation, the soundtrack - everything is perfect in this episode.
Nov 27, 2023 4:58 PM

Jul 2017
A pretty heavy yet terrific episode as a whole, especially for me towards the end and seeing Gesicht's wife try to act human and 'enjoy' her trip to Japan that her husband always encouraged and imitating tears due to the amount of grief she has been experiencing and Tenma comforting her like that, stuff was heavy. Besides Gesicht dying in this episode (which is unorthodox considering the timing of the series not being at the penultimate or final episode), there was just so much content to unravel from Abullah's identity and Sahad, to Ali the robot that took Gesicht's life and much more, but a lot still managed to feel impactful. Even Abullah's potential relationship with Epsilon is interesting considering he was someone who was proactively against war and refused to take part in what caused pain for Persia back then. Just a lot to take in and boy was it so great. The music in particular was pure sublime.
Nov 28, 2023 11:48 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to SteamedPlague
I’ll put this post on this episode thread as not to spoil anyone on a general thread.

But the fact Gesicht dies, and not in the last like chapter or two, is something to mention. Because off the top of my head, only one other anime has the main character die before then (even though they changed it from the manga where it didn’t happen). And even if they die right at the end, it’s still rare to happen.
@SteamedPlague And what is the other anime that has that? I would like to know 👀
Dec 1, 2023 4:06 PM
Mar 2019
This episode is heartbreaking...BUT if you know the basic plot in Astroboy, this was bound to happen, although quite differently.
Dec 2, 2023 6:38 AM
Dec 2019
Starting to feel a bit let down by this show. I started reading the manga years and years ago but I don't think I got too far into it. But having recently rewatched Monster and also being somewhat let down by how ultimately scattershot that series is I feel like maybe its a signature of Naoki Urasawa. His stuff is always really entertaining in the moment but the way new threads are always introduced but only paid off like half the time kind of cheapens the whole experience once you start thinking about it. The central questions of "who is Pluto" and "Why is Pluto killing advanced robots" are interesting but it feels like each episode dances around the periphery of those in a weirdly kind of disjointed way. And of course, as in Monster, there's a whole mini-arc of weird Nazis being dangerous but doing nothing important and then disappearing.

I don't think this show is bad and I'm interested in finishing it but maybe I'm not a huge fan of the way Urasawa does mystery writing.
Dec 2, 2023 1:03 PM
Jun 2020
i can't believed, he's dead...
Dec 6, 2023 11:38 AM
Jan 2020
È muito muito bom
Dec 7, 2023 5:52 AM

Jul 2013
Now, only Epsilon's left. He's gonna die too I think. Then somehow someway, Atom or Gesicht or both of them will come back. Anyway, why is there no world-wide panic? Surely everyone's aware that the world's most advanced robots and scientist are slowly bust consistently dying one by one.
Dec 8, 2023 9:52 AM

Apr 2015
Nooko Gesicht's character was developing so well and I actually got attracted to him.
Thia was the best episode imo so far, Quite literally a masterpiece.
Dec 10, 2023 7:35 AM
Nov 2020
He got banana fish'd bruh WHAT THE FUCK.
Dec 14, 2023 4:11 AM
Oct 2019
Emotional Roller Coaster Episode.
There are two episode left, how this episode felt like the FINALE??
What The Hell...

RIP Gesicht.

Naoki Urasawa are truly masterclass of storytelling!!
Dec 24, 2023 11:34 AM
Dec 2023
Very interesting
Dec 26, 2023 8:08 PM
Mar 2015
Gesicht is dead At least he knows what happened
Dec 27, 2023 1:14 PM
Sep 2009
wow that piece of sh*t abullah really did his homework. he got every detail about gesicht's weaknesses throughout the episode and then killed him using them all. wow. rip gesicht. towards the end of the ep it became kinda obvious that he was gonna die but it still hurt.
Jan 6, 8:39 PM
Jan 2019
Now I cry, this is my favorite volume in the manga and now my favorite episode, the reveal of who pluto is, the tragedy of Sahad of how children who are destined to turn the desert into a field of flowers get their future reaped by hate, the end of Geshitch story and that "You can start by imitating" that scene always gets me and I'm heart broken too.
Jan 8, 4:21 PM
Apr 2015
Story starts to evolve, i feel like characters became my best friends . Almost cried in end ,
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Jan 10, 1:09 AM

Feb 2019
Omg I wasn't ready.. i was expecting Gesicht to die on ep 7 or last ep. But the build up and him planning to take an extended leave was already a sign. I was still thinking positive that time but :(((

I cried when dr. Tenma and helena cried 🥲
owkey
Jan 13, 1:44 AM

Dec 2021
wtf man is he really dead???
Jan 15, 4:32 PM
Jul 2017
plot is getting convoluted for the sake of being convoluted instead of being good. the reveals are good, but they don't flow into the story and its a jerky ride instead of being smooth
Jan 19, 6:01 AM
Nov 2022
damn incredible i feel so bad for geischischt and the fight love it
Jan 19, 2:40 PM

Jul 2016
Robots: *can jump between bodies by moving their heads, meaning said heads are the "vital" part of their being*
Gesicht (arguably the most advanced robot out there): *"dies" from a hole in the chest*

Also gotta say that Gesicht dying was predictable the moment he considered the case as closed despite it still having a couple loose ends. And the fact of him solving most of the case because two random characters conveniently appeared to gave him the info he needed was... lazy, to say the least.

Eh... still a solid episode tho. Nicely directed and I really liked the OST this time.
Jan 29, 3:04 AM
Mar 2018
If Brando and Hercules work fine without a body as we saw when they were transferring from their daily life bodies to the fighting suits and the robots have their brains in th back of their necks, couldnt they have salvaged Gesicht's brain and put him in a new body?

10/10 nonetheless
Feb 11, 7:12 AM

Aug 2022
The last scene with Helena and Tenma crying is just so great.
Feb 17, 7:02 AM

Jul 2014
How are more people not talking about this show? I'd argue it's one of the greatest anime I've ever seen so far but it only drummed up a fairly miniscule level of hype. That final scene of Helena and Tenma crying over their deceased loved ones was incredibly powerful stuff, and the art direction in the Netherlands sequences was nothing short of incredible.
Take care of yourself

Mar 4, 11:59 PM
Dec 2022
Gesicht in Persia
Abdullah acting reallllly weird Abdullah lied? Is he a human or is a robot...
Flower named Pluto Gesicht is getting closer

Going to the Netherlands
Nah I dont like this
Nah dude its over
BRO SAID BORA WHAT IS THIS ROBOT
Gesicht wants to resign
Gesicht whats going on
Episode fr getting sad damn
BRO NOOOO
Atleast she got to visit Japan 😭

Dr. Tenma damn. DAMN

Crazy crazy episode
Apr 10, 11:17 AM

Sep 2020
Couldnt they just put his memory chip in a new body
Apr 11, 7:22 PM

May 2019
Reply to L01MK
Couldnt they just put his memory chip in a new body
@L01MK in this show memories are a thing, and the AI is the whole thing.

Using the same memories would't bring back the personality and ego slowly built in the AI.

-----

I lol'ed at the last time Gesito talked with Helena. That was not a death flag, that was a complete farewell. The author couldn't be clearer.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Lflix 🤡😔 ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

70 by FruitPunchBaka »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Pluto Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MegamiRem - Oct 26, 2023

122 by Izunay »»
Apr 29, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Pluto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Oct 26, 2023

193 by Liddo-kun »»
Apr 28, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Pluto Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

King_KK - Oct 26, 2023

61 by Ariel0499 »»
Apr 14, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Pluto Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

watsym - Oct 26, 2023

56 by L01MK »»
Mar 29, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.