Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 4, 2023 11:27 AM

Jan 2009
But they already ruined the series with that stupid Fukkatsu no Lelouch movie, so it can't get worse I guess.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 4, 2023 11:37 AM

Apr 2015
It's a product. They'll keep milking as long as it makes money.

Now it's time for Celouch - Code Geass Next Generation.
Oct 4, 2023 11:58 AM
Feb 2017
idk i think a hamfisted boruto-esque spin off is exactly what this series needs
Oct 4, 2023 12:53 PM

Mar 2018
In my mind it can't be ruined as the og story is completed and was good, so all that comes next is an extra fanstory.
Oct 4, 2023 1:14 PM

Mar 2021
I don't think they ruined the series with the movie as it was in an alternate timeline and i personally liked it but as for this project i have no interest
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2023 2:23 PM
Mar 2021
let it die. once there's an ending. let it end.
Oct 4, 2023 5:08 PM

Nov 2015
Just move on in your life and let others enjoy what they enjoy
Oct 4, 2023 6:46 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to HikarieChan
Just move on in your life and let others enjoy what they enjoy
@HikarieChan
I'm not gonna stop expressing my opinion just because there are pathetic losers out there who think they can't enjoy things without everyone's approval.
DiabloMaskOct 4, 2023 6:54 PM
Oct 4, 2023 6:51 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to _Zanga
I don't think they ruined the series with the movie as it was in an alternate timeline and i personally liked it but as for this project i have no interest
@_Zanga
Didn't know it was an alternate timeline! Still didn't like the movie at all.
Oct 4, 2023 7:02 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to ShadowUnown
It's a product. They'll keep milking as long as it makes money.

Now it's time for Celouch - Code Geass Next Generation.
@ShadowUnown

Code Geass - Lelouch of Gen Z.

Would be about the main cast's sons and daughters having love triangles and facing the inconveniences of royalty.
Oct 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to DiabloMask
@_Zanga
@DiabloMask Lmao what?
Oct 4, 2023 7:47 PM

Jan 2021
Please have any semblance of an idea of what you're talking about next time yeah?
Oct 4, 2023 8:55 PM
Nov 2020
"I always come back"
Oct 4, 2023 9:00 PM

Mar 2021
DiabloMask said:
@_Zanga

Yea there are 3 recap movies which are slightly different from the original series( Like how in the movies Shirley didn't die). Lelouch of the Resurrection is a continuation of that timeline
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2023 9:07 PM

May 2019
well, the second version of the series + movie started it and even put a "to be continued"ish scene in the end...

so its not a surprise.

Still not horrible like what japanese milking producers did with FLCL.
Oct 5, 2023 1:19 AM

May 2020
DiabloMask said:
But they already ruined the series with that stupid Fukkatsu no Lelouch movie, so it can't get worse I guess.

I haven't watched the recap movies, so I am not sure if it is really that bad. However, I personally loved the Ressurection movie, which imo adds a lot more substance to CC in particular. And as long as this series is not interfering with the plots in the R1 and R2, like revealing something that 180 degrees changed something, then I think I would love to watch it. It might give us some new surprises.
Oct 5, 2023 3:10 AM

Feb 2015
Sunrise must be bleeding so much money, for them to destroy this property as badly as this.

Oct 5, 2023 5:03 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to _Zanga
DiabloMask said:
@_Zanga

Yea there are 3 recap movies which are slightly different from the original series( Like how in the movies Shirley didn't die). Lelouch of the Resurrection is a continuation of that timeline
@_Zanga
Oh that's what you meant... The trilogy still had the same ending as the original series, and not much changed aside from Shirley, so the movie still ruined the series.
Oct 5, 2023 5:12 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to ELtaaaaaa
Please have any semblance of an idea of what you're talking about next time yeah?
@ELtaaaaaa
Since you stuck your nose and quote something I said as a reply to someone else, read my next reply to him, I'm not gonna repeat myself to you.
DiabloMaskOct 5, 2023 5:16 AM
Oct 5, 2023 6:02 AM

Sep 2021
No, they did not. Perhaps you dislike the movie but it has no relation whatsoever with the original show. As long as they don't mess with the original series, I'm totally fine with it.
Oct 5, 2023 8:06 AM

Nov 2014
always a good idea to judge a product years before its released. we are all very smart and discerning consumers.
Oct 5, 2023 8:53 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Alriven
No, they did not. Perhaps you dislike the movie but it has no relation whatsoever with the original show. As long as they don't mess with the original series, I'm totally fine with it.
@Alriven
The trilogy had the same ending as the original series, so this "alternate timeline" you guys keep pointing to is not so alternate.
Oct 5, 2023 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to dumbeidiote
always a good idea to judge a product years before its released. we are all very smart and discerning consumers.
@dumbeidiote

You don't seem so smart yourself, because no one here is judging a product before its release, we're only criticizing a corporate for milking a great series that had a perfect ending.
Oct 5, 2023 9:07 AM

Sep 2021
DiabloMask said:
@Alriven
The trilogy had the same ending as the original series, so this "alternate timeline" you guys keep pointing to is not so alternate.
The trilogy doesn't really end at the third movie does it? The actual ending is in the resurrection movie. Also, their storyline might be similar but the fate of Shirley is significant enough to treat both of them as separate shows.
Oct 5, 2023 10:14 AM

Nov 2015
Reply to DiabloMask
@HikarieChan
I'm not gonna stop expressing my opinion just because there are pathetic losers out there who think they can't enjoy things without everyone's approval.
@DiabloMask
Damn that was aggressive , whatever makes you sleep at night bro
Oct 5, 2023 10:38 AM

Nov 2014
Reply to DiabloMask
@dumbeidiote

You don't seem so smart yourself, because no one here is judging a product before its release, we're only criticizing a corporate for milking a great series that had a perfect ending.
@DiabloMask almost like ur "criticizing" them on the grounds that uve judged the spinoff as worthless before its even out bro???? surely not?????
Oct 5, 2023 4:53 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to DiabloMask
@ELtaaaaaa
Since you stuck your nose and quote something I said as a reply to someone else, read my next reply to him, I'm not gonna repeat myself to you.
@DiabloMask You're still dumb...
Oct 5, 2023 6:15 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to Alriven
DiabloMask said:
@Alriven
The trilogy doesn't really end at the third movie does it? The actual ending is in the resurrection movie. Also, their storyline might be similar but the fate of Shirley is significant enough to treat both of them as separate shows.
@Alriven
What I meant is that since the trilogy has the same ending then the Resurrection movie can still take place after the original series.
Oct 5, 2023 6:16 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to HikarieChan
@DiabloMask
Damn that was aggressive , whatever makes you sleep at night bro
@HikarieChan
Calling me aggressive is such a perfect example on why I hate this "let people enjoy it" argument, it makes you come off as over sensitive.
DiabloMaskOct 5, 2023 6:30 PM
Oct 5, 2023 6:18 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to dumbeidiote
@DiabloMask almost like ur "criticizing" them on the grounds that uve judged the spinoff as worthless before its even out bro???? surely not?????
@dumbeidiote
When did I judge this new series as worthless? That was never even brought up in this whole thread.
Oct 5, 2023 6:19 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to ELtaaaaaa
@DiabloMask You're still dumb...
@ELtaaaaaa
That's such a 7yo comeback lol.
Oct 5, 2023 6:53 PM

Sep 2021
DiabloMask said:
@Alriven
What I meant is that since the trilogy has the same ending then the Resurrection movie can still take place after the original series.
Like I said before, Shirley's death doesn't allow the resurrection movie to be treated as a sequel to the original series. Shirley dies in the original whereas she is shown to be living in the resurrection movie. That would be a huge contradiction if we treat the resurrection movie to be a direct sequel to the original series.
Oct 5, 2023 7:03 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to DiabloMask
@ELtaaaaaa
That's such a 7yo comeback lol.
@DiabloMask Well you are though? Saying it ruins something it's different from. They're not the same canon or timeline or continuity. You're just hating with zero knowledge.
Oct 6, 2023 1:46 AM

Nov 2014
Reply to DiabloMask
@dumbeidiote
When did I judge this new series as worthless? That was never even brought up in this whole thread.
@DiabloMask ur being very obtuse to bait replies i see
Oct 6, 2023 5:14 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to Alriven
DiabloMask said:
@Alriven
Like I said before, Shirley's death doesn't allow the resurrection movie to be treated as a sequel to the original series. Shirley dies in the original whereas she is shown to be living in the resurrection movie. That would be a huge contradiction if we treat the resurrection movie to be a direct sequel to the original series.
@Alriven
Shirley being alive didn't change anything significant in the story, her added scenes could be deleted and no one would notice, it feels more like they made this change on a whim just to please some fans, they weren't intending for it to be an alternate ending all together.
You still say it's a significant enough change to treat this as an alternate universe, I respect your point of view, but I disagree, I still think the show was better off without this movie.
Oct 6, 2023 5:21 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to ELtaaaaaa
@DiabloMask Well you are though? Saying it ruins something it's different from. They're not the same canon or timeline or continuity. You're just hating with zero knowledge.
@ELtaaaaaa
It's funny that among the people having proper discussions about my critical points of view, every single thread needs a crybaby like you who only calls others names and spams the word "hating", thank you for fulfilling that role.
Oct 6, 2023 5:35 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to dumbeidiote
@DiabloMask ur being very obtuse to bait replies i see
@dumbeidiote
I don't think you're stupid enough to not realize that I never made a single comment about this upcoming spin-off being good or bad, but yeah tell yourself that I was baiting you so you don't have to blame yourself for jumping into conclusions.
Oct 6, 2023 8:53 PM

Sep 2021
Reply to DiabloMask
@Alriven
Shirley being alive didn't change anything significant in the story, her added scenes could be deleted and no one would notice, it feels more like they made this change on a whim just to please some fans, they weren't intending for it to be an alternate ending all together.
You still say it's a significant enough change to treat this as an alternate universe, I respect your point of view, but I disagree, I still think the show was better off without this movie.
@DiabloMask
Shirley being alive changes everything. In the trilogy, just before Zero Requiem happens C.C. meets Shirley where she asks her to move Lelouch's body to Jeremiah's place after Zero has been killed.

So without Shirley --> Lelouch's body is not transferred to Jeremiah's place --> C.C. is not able to resurrect Lelouch --> No Lelouch of the Resurrection movie.

I'm sure I would raise an eyebrow if someone was shown to be dead and in the next episode they are shown alive without any explanation whatsoever. You've seen LOGH right so,

Regardless of what the creators intended to with the resurrection movie, it cannot be considered as a sequel to original series due to this huge contradiction. Either you can treat it as a sequel to the orginal show and pass it off as bad writing or treat it as an alternate universe as the dots connect with what's being shown in the movie trilogy and makes more sense to treat as such.
Oct 6, 2023 9:08 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to DiabloMask
@ELtaaaaaa
It's funny that among the people having proper discussions about my critical points of view, every single thread needs a crybaby like you who only calls others names and spams the word "hating", thank you for fulfilling that role.
@DiabloMask I explained my point and you can't properly respond lmao you're so fucking full of it. Fucking contrarian lmao...
Oct 6, 2023 9:31 PM

Aug 2017
thank you for your opinion but it contributes 0 to anything.

"Sometimes it's better to just stay quiet, especially on a public forum. So, if you can have a productive conversation, it probably is worth sharing your opinion with others.
Oct 7, 2023 4:08 AM

Nov 2014
Reply to DiabloMask
@dumbeidiote
I don't think you're stupid enough to not realize that I never made a single comment about this upcoming spin-off being good or bad, but yeah tell yourself that I was baiting you so you don't have to blame yourself for jumping into conclusions.
@DiabloMask if the literacy level you’re working at involves your original post not having any implications about the upcoming spin off (of which this is the forum page we are posting on) then i think your views have finally been explained
Oct 7, 2023 4:19 AM

Nov 2015
Reply to DiabloMask
@HikarieChan
Calling me aggressive is such a perfect example on why I hate this "let people enjoy it" argument, it makes you come off as over sensitive.
@DiabloMask You sure talk too much lol , I'm not in the slightest bothered as much as you are , do what you want , again , whatever makes you sleep at night.
Oct 7, 2023 4:47 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to ELtaaaaaa
@DiabloMask I explained my point and you can't properly respond lmao you're so fucking full of it. Fucking contrarian lmao...
@ELtaaaaaa
No you said nothing of value and only called me names.
Oct 7, 2023 5:20 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to HikarieChan
@DiabloMask You sure talk too much lol , I'm not in the slightest bothered as much as you are , do what you want , again , whatever makes you sleep at night.
@HikarieChan
Sure, act like you don't care after getting called out for your over sensitive comments, that always works for kids.
Oct 7, 2023 5:30 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Alriven
@DiabloMask
Shirley being alive changes everything. In the trilogy, just before Zero Requiem happens C.C. meets Shirley where she asks her to move Lelouch's body to Jeremiah's place after Zero has been killed.

So without Shirley --> Lelouch's body is not transferred to Jeremiah's place --> C.C. is not able to resurrect Lelouch --> No Lelouch of the Resurrection movie.

I'm sure I would raise an eyebrow if someone was shown to be dead and in the next episode they are shown alive without any explanation whatsoever. You've seen LOGH right so,

Regardless of what the creators intended to with the resurrection movie, it cannot be considered as a sequel to original series due to this huge contradiction. Either you can treat it as a sequel to the orginal show and pass it off as bad writing or treat it as an alternate universe as the dots connect with what's being shown in the movie trilogy and makes more sense to treat as such.
@Alriven

Talk about taking my words literally, obviously you can't call Resurrection a sequel to the original with Shirley in it, but from a writing standpoint you can easily replace her with any other character, she had no build up to earn that role.
Oct 7, 2023 5:34 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to ItzYaBoiSatan
thank you for your opinion but it contributes 0 to anything.

"Sometimes it's better to just stay quiet, especially on a public forum. So, if you can have a productive conversation, it probably is worth sharing your opinion with others.
@ItzYaBoiSatan
Thank you for your advice, but people can start a conversation from a simple thread like this, it doesn't have to contribute much on its own.
Oct 7, 2023 5:45 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to dumbeidiote
@DiabloMask if the literacy level you’re working at involves your original post not having any implications about the upcoming spin off (of which this is the forum page we are posting on) then i think your views have finally been explained
@dumbeidiote
You're not wrong to assume I'm not happy about this spin-off, but you jumped many steps further and claimed I judged it as bad even though I made no claims to suggest so, this "you said this so I'm gonna interpret it in an extreme way" mentality is toxic and dishonest.
Oct 7, 2023 6:28 AM

Sep 2021
Reply to DiabloMask
@Alriven

Talk about taking my words literally, obviously you can't call Resurrection a sequel to the original with Shirley in it, but from a writing standpoint you can easily replace her with any other character, she had no build up to earn that role.
@DiabloMask
Ah, so now that you have nothing to say against facts, you finally you get down from your high horse and admit that it can't be called a sequel.

Now, to answer your statement of why C.C. chose Shirley of all the characters in the show, Shirley and Nunnally are the one's who know Lelouch's life closely and genuinely cares about his happiness. Hell, she even forgave him for the death of her father. Everyone else is bound to betray at some point. It might be a way to justify her survival in the show but it is an acceptable explanation atleast for me.

You talk as if character development is the only part of "writing", it's not. The plot is also included and it is from the same writing standpoint that the resurrection movie can be considered an alternate universe. The fault lies within you, even in the presence of blatantly obvious clues, for not being able to accept that it is intended to be a sequel to the trilogy movies and not the original show.
AlrivenOct 7, 2023 6:46 AM
Oct 7, 2023 8:05 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to DiabloMask
@ELtaaaaaa
No you said nothing of value and only called me names.
@DiabloMask "Well you are though? Saying it ruins something it's different from. They're not the same canon or timeline or continuity. You're just hating with zero knowledge."

What name lil bro?

Like you're just a contrarian lmfao.
Oct 7, 2023 10:44 AM

Nov 2014
2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. An example includes:
d. personal storytelling, narration, ranting, and/or blog-style posts
e.g. Rate my list/favorites, Post your ___ and I'll rate it, review and/or rant texts about an anime, etc.
These topics only encourage a one-way discussion where members are commenting on the poster's idea (or vice versa).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 12 Episodes Confirmed

_MushiRock11_ - Mar 22

9 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:18 PM

» streamed exclusively by Disney worldwide beginning late June

deg - May 10

2 by KiliianSleipnir »»
May 21, 2:53 PM

» No Lelouch

Infinite23 - Mar 24

7 by Coolkinq »»
May 17, 6:44 AM

» The OP theme is a banger!

Apratim - May 16

1 by 0_year »»
May 16, 2:48 PM

» spoiler free thoughts for those who've seen it

JVskunkape - May 12

2 by CresusJohnson »»
May 16, 4:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.