Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 2, 2023 1:05 AM
Dec 2022
Almost a breakthrough with Chizuru when she cries in front of Kazuya.
What is Mami-chan doing in the end sequence there?
Is there a (possibile) 4th season the way it ended?
Oct 2, 2023 2:59 AM

Aug 2017
3/10.

Bad episode, bad season, bad show.

But, MAMI finally appears! Would have loved it if she had made him suffer this season.
Oct 2, 2023 3:45 AM

Oct 2022
Finally the season ended.
The first half was decent but the rest was okish..

A 5/10 for me.
Oct 2, 2023 11:13 AM
Dec 2022
It looks like Chizuru is warming up to Kazuya more and more!!
Oct 3, 2023 1:51 AM
Jul 2021
better than the 2 other seasons
Oct 3, 2023 2:00 AM
Jul 2018
My favorite part is when he say "it's renting time"
Oct 3, 2023 2:00 AM
Jul 2018
Yaemori is the best thing created by this author. Great personality great design great voice acting i love her accent. perfect support character
Oct 3, 2023 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
from cringe to emotional to cringe again
Oct 3, 2023 8:19 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to daveedgzy06
IzanaSolos said:
Would've been a 10/10 season, but Mami just decided to show up didn't she..

On their date, under the night sky, Kazuya sees Chizuru tear up while holding sparklers. He ponders their rental dynamic and his own limitations. Memories flood in, prompting Kazuya to express his ideal girlfriend's traits: beauty, kindness, and honesty. He cherishes her vulnerability, even amid strength. Chizuru's tears flow, finding comfort in Kazuya's arms, her grandmother on her mind. Kazuya continues, entranced by her smile and charm, reiterating his admiration for her beauty, kindness, and sincerity.

Kazuya surprised everyone by speaking to her openly and sincerely. This is the right way to support someone in mourning: just be there for them, rather than attempting to uplift their spirits, as that's not how the grieving process works. His words deeply affected her, and as soon as he finished speaking, she felt a newfound trust in him and let her tears flow, mourning both her grandma and grandpa. It was a powerful moment. It felt oddly gratifying to hear Kazuya reaffirm his love for Chizuru, even though he expresses it almost every episode. Nevertheless, Chizuru continues to maintain her strong facade. As always, Kazuya tends to overanalyze things. Nonetheless, it's a relief that Chizuru has come to realize that it's healthier to express her emotions rather than bottle them up. I couldn't shake the feeling that the movie premiere was somewhat underwhelming. Yet, considering the intensity of the preceding episodes, it was probably a wise decision not to add more drama to the event.

Best season of Kanojo, Okarishimasu imo. It only gets worse from here though..

it doesn't the next season mami drops a 10/10 villain performance and they .....( no spoilers )but I promise next season is better
@daveedgzy06 You are so so so SO wrong. Please let there be no S4, PLEASE.
Oct 3, 2023 4:11 PM
Dec 2021
amazing anime, enjoyed it a lot. Hope for season 4.
Oct 4, 2023 2:36 AM

Feb 2021
So in the end, are they become a lover for real? I think it needs S4 to clarify :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 4, 2023 3:15 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
That QR code on Yaemori t-shirt was too detailed to be just a decoration. I tried multiple times, until I finally got a frame where the code was not distorted and... surprise surprise. This was a great easter egg, gg. A very good episode to end up the season with more genuine feelings and less cringeworthy moments.
Oct 4, 2023 4:56 PM
Nov 2021
They fucked s3 so bad
Oct 5, 2023 6:21 AM
Sep 2020
In this anime, the main character's actions and personality often come across as cringe-worthy. Their behavior tends to be awkward, overly dramatic, or out of touch with the situation, which can make it challenging to relate to or root for them. While some viewers might find this aspect of the character endearing or amusing, others may find it off-putting and distracting from the overall storyline. Ultimately, the protagonist's cringe-inducing moments contribute to a unique and divisive viewing experience for audiences.
Oct 5, 2023 8:45 AM
Jul 2016
omg choose a girl already!!!!
Oct 5, 2023 11:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Mizuhara crying like that was sad, but well that's some progress, and seems like the movie projection went well. Also Mami at the end ahah
Oct 5, 2023 3:00 PM

May 2018
Overall this season wasn't as enjoyable as the previous two seasons. It kind of just feels like it's going nowhere and it's pretty tiring at this point, the plot just has kind of drifted off into nothing. There isn't even really much drama now and the arcs in this season weren't that good either, I struggled to care for most of the plotlines. I think if there is a season four I won't be watching it because I've kind of grown bored of this series now, which is a shame as it was a guilty pleasure of mine. The ending of the episode was very interesting but I'm not sure if I want to force myself through anymore of this sadly.
SeijatachiiiiOct 5, 2023 3:38 PM
Oct 6, 2023 5:04 PM
Sep 2023
Disapointing as usual. Stretching the story to the great f*
Oct 7, 2023 7:53 AM
Jul 2023
2 best anime i ever watched
Oct 7, 2023 4:53 PM
Feb 2020
The QR code on Mini's shirt goes to her VA's Twitter!
Oct 7, 2023 10:52 PM
May 2023
Very good ending to a decent romcom
Oct 8, 2023 3:14 AM
Aug 2021
I want to give this episode a rating between 4-5 since the crying scene hit hard. I got pissed that he didn't hug her but I like how he acknowledge that not hugging her was stupid😂😂. As a romance fan-boy, I am loving this love triangle but as a normal human, he actually needs to let Mizu go and stay with Ruka. Ruka is so good for him. She cooks cleans treats and treats him well. Is loyal forgiving caring. She is everything a man wants. Even he acknowledges that so he needs to let Mizu go. NAAAA MAMI WAS MAKING PLANS IN THE BACKGROUND. I was wondering where she went. No way she was cosying up to the grandma😂. Mami also needs to move on. Let's see what season 4 will bring.
Oct 8, 2023 11:12 AM

Nov 2010
The scene of Chizuru letting her emotions go and crying was so good. I almost teared up myself. She has no family left. It was a missed opportunity not to hug Chizuru! Hopefully, Kazuya will learn from Mini and make more progress next season. The issue is how to get rid of Ruka nicely and prevent Mami from meddling in their relationship.

I'm looking forward to S4!
Oct 15, 2023 10:55 AM
Aug 2022
Chizuru-san she finally showed her true emotions for a moment.
really enjoyed this season.
hoping for sequel announcement.
Oct 18, 2023 2:37 AM
Dec 2018
Great épisode !!
Oct 23, 2023 10:08 AM
Oct 2023
Great to see Kazuya being with Chizuru during her ups and downs. He's come far from his lowest point to the man he stepped up for Chizuru both during in her brightest moment yet and her darkest days.
Oct 24, 2023 4:33 AM
Mar 2012
Kaz so smooth with his implied confession, the scene & animation really went beyond.
lol Mini is chaos & QR to Yuu Serizawa.
Nice midway progress of both Kaz & Chi. Tabuse chill bro he should get more screentime & knock more maturity into Kaz.
Sumi & Mini improved the season, just missing Mami. lol just saw mal character ranking, classy.
Sayuri & Katsuhito parts were quite wholesome.
Oct 26, 2023 12:15 PM
Apr 2021
Nothing happened bruh
Nov 1, 2023 8:33 AM
Dec 2022
Never watch this shit again!
Nov 1, 2023 11:24 AM
Jul 2021
waiting for season 4
Nov 2, 2023 7:34 AM
Feb 2022
Mami appeared as a big villain at the end
Nov 2, 2023 9:59 AM

Nov 2014
The whole idea to invite her on a date at a time like that seems pretty damn stupid in the first place, but ignoring that...

I always liked how this anime showed character's faces. But the scene with Mizuhara trying to hold back her tears just before she lost it? It was simply beautiful. I'd even go as far as saying it felt out of place in such romcom.
It's disappointing that things didn't end here. Sure, I expected as much. And yet with such a big story for main girl, that pretty much summed everything about her from previous seasons, it did feel like finale at one point. I'm not going to blame Kazuya here though. His overthinking and indecisiveness, as painful it is to admit that, is kinda realistic.
Not sure what to think about Mami reappearing at this point. I don't feel like she has much power anymore. I guess she could be used to drag out some drama (mostly by Kazuya not having balls again), but at the same time I just hope her role will be only to show that this time MC finally stands up to her, as a symbol of his growth.

I already feel sad for Ruka's unavoidable tears...
JustAnotherShiroNov 2, 2023 10:07 AM
Nov 3, 2023 2:27 AM
Jul 2022
It was great! loved the ending:D
Nov 5, 2023 6:44 AM
Jun 2023
the drawings were smooth and the dub was nice too.
Nov 18, 2023 7:29 AM

Nov 2016
all honesty, i thought it was a great season but,i think the storys way too dragged out. the idea was pretty unique back then, but i think the novelty mightve been gone

it was a nice rollercoaster of a season, the usual happy go lucky beginnings, to a humble end

also, it cant be just a coincidence that mami and kibe are hanging out with kazuyas grandma. do they know each other?

had a great time seeing a dif side to chizuru (aqua konosuba), wonder why when i see ruka (chiho hatarakumaousama) i dont feel anything. prolly because shes the derpiest char, hopefully theres a serious ruka arc later on or something
FONZACUSNov 19, 2023 1:19 AM
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Nov 20, 2023 7:45 PM

Apr 2021
I liked! Chizuru took all the weight off when she cried, Kazuya should have hugged her.

Mommy? I already missed you. 8/10
Dec 10, 2023 1:32 PM

Jun 2019
That was a nice conclusion to season 3, the best season so far, it was all packed with "progress".
Even with the cringe MC this show can be funny and emotional too.
Dec 17, 2023 7:29 PM

Feb 2013
Worst season yet because it felt like Kazuya made progress. This anime needs to end on a high note, with the cringe loser MC broke and devastated. 🙃
Jan 12, 8:52 AM
Aug 2020
It's an incredible anime, a completely different idea, I love the manga, and it also captures you with emotions, it shows the step and each step taken to love a woman and shows an incredible evolution of the protagonist as a man
Mar 9, 4:16 AM

Apr 2013
"I was lonely and he helped me, I'm very grateful... not grateful enough to give him his money back though". What a nice girl Mizuhara is.

I was almost convinced the author forgot who Mami is, but he gave her another appearance in the last episodes. Which brings her appearances to two in this season and her impact to zero. Meanwhile Kazuya managed to not develop at all in three whole seasons while spending an unrealistic amount of money on the golddigger next door. Truly one of the anime of all time. 6/10
Mar 10, 3:10 PM

Mar 2013

What Kazutrash should do:
1. Break off his relationships with the other girls.
2. Confess his real feelings for Chizuru.
3. Marry Chizuru.
If not, she will never be happy.
Kazutrash will always be dense because

Anyway, I'm glad to see I finally finished this series.
It was a long ride. 🙄
I honestly enjoyed Chizuru, Sumi, Mami, and Mini's relationship with Kazutrash but Ruka is still annoying as ever.
Kazuya reminds me of Kazuma from KonoSuba quite well.

P.S. I somehow didn't quite like the theme songs for this season. However, the first was greater than the second, while the third went last. It didn't feel right at all to me.
CrazyButNot4UMar 10, 3:29 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 10, 11:05 PM
Mar 2023
kill me. 3 seasons. 3 seasons and we're here. it may take a whole 10 more seasons even to see them hug. this show cannot be real. this show seriously cannot be real.
Apr 12, 10:01 PM
Dec 2022
noice noice noice
Apr 14, 6:53 AM
Mar 2011
Great season. Almost as good as S2, which was fantastic. It has lower ranking than "Ijiranaide", but I liked it more. Waiting for S4
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Where's the fourth season? Why has there not been any announcement?

TsutanaiFuun - May 6

18 by captain3chord »»
Yesterday, 4:18 AM

» But how? ( 1 2 )

BestWeebOT - Jun 13, 2023

52 by RTEnnnimop213 »»
May 5, 3:22 AM

» Chizuru in the opening of ep 12 (spoiler)

fxcksotired - May 2

3 by Ab_271004 »»
May 3, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Kazuya is honestly a great guy

Shizuna - Apr 9

17 by Rayane-47 »»
Apr 14, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2023

113 by Aris97 »»
Mar 19, 9:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.