Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 28, 2023 7:00 AM

Jan 2023
Shizuka joins the team, so glad to see it happen! Makes things a little more lively and dynamic, I’m really liking her chemistry with our ragtag duo.

To be fair, Shizuka is right. There’s a lot of factors to consider when choosing a vehicle in any sort of apocalyptic event, but everyone wants a certain type so can’t blame them when it’s right in front of their face. Somehow and in some unfortunate way, these souls managed to attract a giant horde that came out of thin air from the inside of a large building. Oh well, they got an RV and a motorcycle to accompany so it worked out.

Oh my gosh, not the department chief with his clunky big ass. Really unfortunate that they had no choice other than to work for him for two days, it was that or face a horde of zombies. Poor Akira remembering his trauma and abuse from his words alone, PTSD kicking in. Hopefully they’ll be able to escape as well as the other survivors being worked in horrible conditions. Also didn’t notice the Zombieland Saga crossover until scrolling up haha.

I suppose this episode serves as a reminder check that zombies won’t be your only threat, but human factions as well. Glad to watch another episode mid class, now we wait to see what’s next for our group.
Have a good Monday everyone :d
Aug 28, 2023 7:23 AM
Sep 2021
Together with shizuka Akira and kencho Now depart towards Gunma but are interrupted by Akira's former boss and they have falled into a great trouble.
Aug 28, 2023 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
Of course the human filth like the leader would survive.
Aug 28, 2023 7:46 AM

Jan 2018
Shizuka finally joined the team! I'm sure she'd help the 2 boys by being the brains of the group lol.

Damn. Tendo's boss is still alive. And he's at it again by somehow creating a new exploitative company in a zombie apocalypse. Holy shit.

Of course, Akira still has PTSD from 3 years of working in that old company. I really want him to get over that and punch his boss in the face. Or better yet, make him zombie food.

I guess the guy has a soft spot for the baseball team. I guess even ugly bastards have favorites.

I like the story with the return of the boss now. Didn't think the exploitative company plot would make a comeback. The episode was worth the wait.
Aug 28, 2023 7:48 AM
Apr 2021
This episode was a mix of rage and fear. Akira's "leader" is such a menacing person and Akira getting panic attacks whenever seeing him makes you want to hate him soo much. And the panic attacks in Akira were perfectly executed where he stops thinking straight and breathes heavily in fear.

Aug 28, 2023 8:13 AM

May 2015
What a really relastic episode about the human pressure.

The Boss is a real bastard but a well done antagonist.
Aug 28, 2023 8:18 AM
Jul 2023
Haven't Akira and Kencho decided last episode while they were on their bike that they were going to his parents' town? Now in this episode they are back at the building's roof, then they run off of electricity and water and decided again to go to the town?!
What gives?
Aug 28, 2023 8:28 AM
Dec 2021
Worst cameo ever, what a joke. 
Aug 28, 2023 8:31 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Damn man, after a jolly time hunting for RVs with some great Shizuka moments we’re met with Akira’s old boss and of course he’s still being an asshole in the apocalypse, and the worst part is that his reappearance is really fucking with Akira mentally which really hurt to see, but I know it’ll be all the more satisfying when things eventually fall apart for his old boss, at least I’m hoping that’s the case lol.

They even have zombie laborers, that’s pretty smart honestly but giving the context here it’s definitely upsetting, especially that final scene where it showed Akira walking next to the zombies. Hoping they can find a way to get Akira’s mojo back because even tho this is a zombie anime I miss the good vibes lol. Also it was interesting to find out the Zombieland Saga girls were supposedly in this episode, I didn’t notice them at first but this thread took care of that for me lol, yeah they definitely don’t stand out but a cool cameo anyway.
Aug 28, 2023 8:32 AM

Oct 2011
MellowGeekStudio said:
Haven't Akira and Kencho decided last episode while they were on their bike that they were going to his parents' town? Now in this episode they are back at the building's roof, then they run off of electricity and water and decided again to go to the town?!
What gives?

needed to pack plus they needed an RV to travel to Gumna
Aug 28, 2023 8:33 AM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that Shizuka has finally joined Akira and Kencho when they bumped into each other yet again. The dynamic between the three is already amusing, as was shown in the RV showroom. While Shizuka was focused on finding the ideal vehicle of choice, mentioning about drivetrains, hybrid power systems and the ruggedness of the vehicle that she wanted to find, Akira and Kencho cared more about which RV had the best designed interior.

It was typical of Shizuka going for substance over style while Akira and Kencho were going for the exact opposite! XD

However, a hoard of zombies arriving forced the trio into the nearest RV that had the keys inside and thus the trio were on their way to Gunma...

...until a spike strip ended their short cruise abruptly, injuring Kencho as he was riding on the motorbike at the time. To add to the pain, three coaches blocked their path and leading them was none other than Akira's former department chief of his old hellhole of a job. They had no choice but to join the chief's group, where as expected, he was working a lot of the employees to the wire under the heat of the sun, including zombies that were captured and put to use.

Poor Akira was having a hard time in trying to talk to his old boss, but remembering how badly he was treated at his former job made him stutter and panic. No denying that he's having the PTSD effecting him, so I can only hope that the trio can safely get out of there as soon as possible, although hoping for that will be far easier said than done right now. =(
Aug 28, 2023 8:37 AM
Jul 2023
AnimeFan500 said:
MellowGeekStudio said:
What gives?

No, last episoded they decided on the last scene, while they were on the street saying goodbye to Shizuka, that they would go to the town. This episode, on the first scene, thet are on the roof doing stuff, they notice the water and electricity is gone and, bacause of that, they decide to go to the town, AGAIN!
Aug 28, 2023 9:18 AM

Oct 2020
That boss of Akira is real asshole.
Aug 28, 2023 9:42 AM

Jan 2019
This show is not subtle with its imagery at all lmao, got chained up zombie workers and everything.

Aug 28, 2023 9:45 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Good episode, now they need to work for this weirdo again :/
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 28, 2023 10:04 AM
Nov 2022
Well, Shizuka finally joined the team, but now they're screwed.

Damn, you can feel the frustration and anger that Akira feels when he sees his ex-boss, hopefully they'll get out of there in the next episode and maybe give the damn shitty slaver what he deserves.
Aug 28, 2023 10:16 AM
Aug 2022
IzanaSolos said:
KANLen09 said:
Did anyone spot the rare crossover Zombieland Saga girls in this ep?
Sadly it was just their VA's voicing random zombies as it states in the credits. Damn never mind I guess they voiced themselves. Although seems people are only finding four out of the supposed six of them in this little scavenger hunt.

These were so subtle I never noticed them. I was looking all over when I watched this for them but never noticed.
Aug 28, 2023 10:56 AM
Mar 2023
AnimeFan500 said:
watching again with Subs:

watching Akira breakdown was heartbreaking
Fr, and I wanted to break that guy's nose for the mental manipulation he did to poor Akira.
Aug 28, 2023 11:15 AM

Aug 2022
Didn't really like this episode all that much. It was really stupid of Akira to agree to work for his former boss.
Aug 28, 2023 11:17 AM
Oct 2020
Wow I didn't even notice the zombie land saga cameo
Aug 28, 2023 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
the wage slavery gave akira trauma eh

zombies are symbols of slavery
Aug 28, 2023 12:19 PM

Apr 2020
Goodness me! That "Boss" part had my blood boiling. They pulled that "punchable loud face" villain character so f'n good! I wasn't expecting to feel that kind of emotion from this Anime.
I guess the main plot of this Anime really appeals more to Adults. Good episode this one. It pissed me off so much... as it should in this chapter of the story.
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
Aug 28, 2023 12:20 PM
Jul 2016
Damn, they need a zombie union I stg.
Aug 28, 2023 1:07 PM
Oct 2016
MellowGeekStudio said:
AnimeFan500 said:

No, last episoded they decided on the last scene, while they were on the street saying goodbye to Shizuka, that they would go to the town. This episode, on the first scene, thet are on the roof doing stuff, they notice the water and electricity is gone and, bacause of that, they decide to go to the town, AGAIN!
You never decided to do something then procrastinate on it until you were forced to do so?
Aug 28, 2023 1:07 PM

Feb 2019
Another week of waiting for blonde waifu to get introduced wtf lol. Also several zombieland saga seiyuus were in this episode! They made cameos as zombies coming out from under the car, pulling a truck and walking in the forest. I would love to see a collab sometime!

So Akira and Kencho prepare to leave Tokyo behind and set out for his hometown of Gumma. Along the way we finally get Shizuka to join the party. She was a lot easier to convince than I expected actually lol. Akira saving her life last episode probably got her a little sweet on him. Deep down I think she was tired of being alone as well.

Of course they pay off the whole “goodbye to my old life” vibe Akira was on by literally having him confront his old life. Bringing the chief back is the best way for him to fully move on. Defeat the chief, break free from the mind control of the black company and live your own life how you want, Akira!

Solid set up episode for what should be a good emotional pay off at the end of this. Akira doesn’t have to fight this alone anymore. I think he’ll probably be able to convince the other people that they’re being manipulated by the chief as well. At the end of the day he’s just a bully and when you take away those numbers from him he should crumble.
Marinate1016Aug 28, 2023 1:19 PM
Aug 28, 2023 1:10 PM
Jan 2023
Poor Akira living out the exploitative company life again ;-;
Aug 28, 2023 1:31 PM

May 2021
This was such a bad episode filled with plot conveniences to advance the story. And on top of that they add some random character to induce conflict. Disgusting. This is just padding and bad one at that.
Aug 28, 2023 1:34 PM

Mar 2020
Shizuka joins the group, and they take off in an RV, until Akira is faced with some old trauma in the form of his boss...

The first half of the episode was pure fun as always, as Akira, Kencho, and the newest member of the group, Shizuka, looked for a good vehicle to head onto the road with, and what better than a RV? The fun times were cut short though as Akira came face to face with his former boss at his job before the apocalypse. The emotional manipulation pushed Akira into working for him again, and it was tough to see him return to living life like he did in the past.

I'll be honest, the second half of the episode had me a little mixed, as in my opinion, this anime functions best when it's not taking itself too seriously and focuses on over the top comedy rather than drama. However, it all depends on how the payoff is next episode, so I hope that it turns out well in the end.
Aug 28, 2023 2:03 PM

Dec 2016
Akira needs to break free from the boss-man's spell and the boss-man needs to die a horrible death.  Please don’t fail me eps 7 !!! (Whenever u finally are released………)
Aug 28, 2023 2:17 PM
Apr 2019
This episode is fine.
Aug 28, 2023 2:22 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm overthinking this, right?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 28, 2023 2:31 PM
Dec 2022
az utolsó mondat ért valamit.
Aug 28, 2023 2:45 PM
Sep 2022
Was ok, though if the boss isn't taken out next episode I might have to replace a wall, great work on making me hate him.
Aug 28, 2023 3:00 PM
Oct 2019
You never forget the fear. So goddamn true, it takes so much time and work to get rid of the reflexes.
Aug 28, 2023 3:16 PM
Apr 2016
Honestly, making use of the zombies as workers is genius NGL, I LOLed so much at that. Otherwise, unfortunate Akria, how unlucky is he to be forced to work for that boss again.
Aug 28, 2023 4:05 PM
May 2020
After 2 weeks, they finally released an episode. Great as always
Aug 28, 2023 4:10 PM

Sep 2017
Well it's sure gonna be nice when that loser get's turned into a zombie next episode. Rip all the innocent workers that might also get infected.
Aug 28, 2023 5:22 PM

Jan 2011
Disliked this ep, I dont need to see a return of some stupid boss that turns the main character in a weak mental state. I like seeing progression. I had this anime at the top of this season but this decidion made me bump it down, by a lot. 
Aug 28, 2023 5:46 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Aug 28, 2023 6:27 PM

May 2019
I think that the only reason that Akira decided to work for his abusive chief again was for his friend's sake since he got injured when he crashed on the motorcycle. However, the agreement was only for 2 days and if the chief tries to pull a fast one on the group to keep them there longer then that's where his downfall will come due to Akira's group revolting which may cause other people to revolt.

Beyond that it was a decent episode. I do wonder if we'll meet the blonde girl soon, maybe she's inside the compound.
Aug 28, 2023 6:34 PM
Aug 2022
Seeing Akira falling back into the trap of abusive work was so painful and sad, my man deserves freedom and happiness. Let's hope his friends can help him get out of this or that he finds the strength to tell off his former boss.

Aug 28, 2023 6:37 PM
Dec 2021
That boss is pissing me off 😡😡😡
Aug 28, 2023 6:43 PM

Aug 2021
bros got some serious ptsd
Aug 28, 2023 6:54 PM

Dec 2016
Meh.

It feels very disjointed that now they want to pull out the "trauma card" and make Akira the b*tchboy once again.

Why are these people working their asses off out on the sun? If Akira's old supervisor was some heartless sociopath like Negan was, I would understand the servitude from all those npc characters, but he's not. In fact they still respect him and it really doesn't feel like he's really running a company (or anytinng similar that generates revenue if they are completely isolated from other areas that would provide $$ for trading goods).
Aug 28, 2023 7:59 PM

Jan 2011
This is really becoming production issues the anime. I hope I don't have to wait until I get my Masters to finish this anime.(I only got four classes left.). They are also taking shortcuts too. Like come on guys you could have the zombies moving there. Holy hell these episodes reminding me later episodes of the Walking Dead where they slash the budget in half for the show.

I will say it's pretty cool to see the show is doing their own take on the saviors from the Walking Dead as this crew Tendo's Chief is running reminds me of them. Yes, he's not Negan but I get those vibes since they are already using zombies for something else instead of fearing them.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 28, 2023 9:11 PM

Jul 2016
MFs spent half the episode yelling smh.

And how dare Akira's superior put dog collars on both Sakura and Yuugiri?! Nah, ugly-bastard-looking dude deserves to die asap!
Aug 28, 2023 9:29 PM

Jan 2023
IzanaSolos said:
KANLen09 said:
Did anyone spot the rare crossover Zombieland Saga girls in this ep?
Sadly it was just their VA's voicing random zombies as it states in the credits. Damn never mind I guess they voiced themselves. Although seems people are only finding four out of the supposed six of them in this little scavenger hunt.

I didn't see that at all. That's cool as shit
死人に口なし
Aug 28, 2023 9:59 PM

Sep 2015
his boss appearance basically solidifies that it is indeed an isekai, at least close to 80% now.

Not a fan of this kind of direction where plot device dispels whatever reality left.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Aug 28, 2023 10:04 PM

Jan 2020
Man, the delays are killing this series. I’m still enjoying it, but the hype has died
Aug 28, 2023 10:36 PM

Mar 2007
OMG that boss is such an evil man he's even exploiting Zombies!!!

Sure to be a hit in any greedy corporation.

Poor MC and his friend. And all this after they got a nice RV too.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » what do u think about the netorare part? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 18

54 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 8, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

66 by nick_el_son »»
May 5, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

74 by Joey-XD19202 »»
May 2, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2023

272 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 2, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2023

310 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 2, 8:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.