Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 10, 2023 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this anime is giving some other characters the spotlight, speciically Rin this episode.

It was an okay episode but they did enforce a lot of school themes into this one. Rin herself seems like a character that's not easy to go along with. Wataru and Aika's relationship didn't progress much although I do expect their pacing to pick up a bit more later. They are however establishing Rin as an important part of the character roster, especially given the role she's in at school.
Jul 10, 2023 10:29 AM

Dec 2021
Lets continue this odd romance shall we?

Looks like this episode introduces us to a new character in our protagonist harem, Shinomiya the public chairman of public morals committee. We also see Aika struggling to think whether she likes on main character our not, a typical tsundere that I'm rooting for. Aizawa and Sajou's chemistry is actually pretty good I'll give them that I enjoy seeing them interact. Better than Sajou and Aika's relationship that hasn't moved one bit since last episode

You can really tell the pacing is really slow in this one. While the episode continues to explore the themes and characters, it could benefit from a slightly faster tempo in certain scenes. A more dynamic pace would have further heightened the tension of the narrative.

Alright episode I did like the the spotlight they gave Rin this episode tho . I Guess got my expectations too high when the anime adaption was announced but still enjoyable episode nonetheless.

Jul 10, 2023 11:25 AM

Jul 2017
Sajo wanting to elevate Natsukawa, but by asking people to talk to her, there is a new player in town: Rin Shinomiya lecturing him about the junior that he bumped onto unconsciously, that frightens her about her perception of men. The chair of the Morals and Discipline Committee questioning Sajo about her Kouhai junior of Yuyu Inatomi, and the realist boy gives his honest answers and feedback to help Shinomiya on relating to her members better. His sister Kaede being worried about her brother, and sensing the rift between the two, they'd have a proper talk to talk things out, though Kei comes in with the emergency of Shinomiya finding him for her reasons, other than impersonating somebody else's name.

The reason why Shinomiya found Sajo: other than to have lunch together with Yuyu, it's helping up to clear the air between her and him. Also, on the same topic, she's frightened to speak of anything that would offend him, and she offered him an apology, though he felt guilty about her insecurity. As if things could not get anymore worse, his sister summoning him to the Student Council on extra hands for help, it's just to prove that Sajo has more than the capability to be part of the Council in the future. Yuyu, on the other hand, still feels guilty herself too that she's using Sajo to overcome her insecurity, and Shinozaki comforted her. The planned trip to Natsukawa's house being a large group of people, Sajo didn't want to interfere with her, though Shinomiya comes back on the feedback that Yuyu still does not feel justified of her actions, which after conjuring about Sajo's real feelings, he felt that she was just doing it out of spite and havig a support.

Things are picking up at a slow pace, though I prefer it to be this way.
Jul 10, 2023 11:26 AM

Dec 2022
funny enough i didnt even notice sajou gave a fake name
anyway i guess everyone likes a realistic person according to this anime
also what did sajou do to make aika popular
Jul 10, 2023 11:30 AM

Aug 2017
Still not convinced, although it was slightly better than the previous episode the plot just doesn't move me. The interactions with Rin were the highlight for me this episode, I appreciate both her and Kei more than the main female lead. 
Jul 10, 2023 11:31 AM

Apr 2010
Shinomiya doesn't seem that self aware about her appearance which seems to cause some misunderstanding on her part.
But i guess this might lead to some funny things in the future.
The mains sister seems to be pretty good at controlling him.
As for the main while it's good he takes a step back he seems to be unaware of Aika's feelings.

One thing that's nice the see is that you can tell the years of the students by their tie/ribbon, red first year blue second year green third year.
This is nice for understanding senpai relationship.
Jul 10, 2023 11:34 AM
Oct 2022
Goddamn this was an entertaining episode. My tsundere meters has been filled for today! We slowed down the pace and we didnt cut Sajo's monologue 100% like we did EP1.
7/10!

Jul 10, 2023 11:47 AM
Mar 2021
this was a really good episode. pleasantly surprised
Jul 10, 2023 12:16 PM

Mar 2021
Decent episode the characters are very likable so far
Jul 10, 2023 12:19 PM
Jul 2023
Man I try to enjoy the anime as much as I like but genuinely just can't, the animations aren't bad or anything but they are skipping so much that it's triggering me so hard especially on episode 1.

Wataru here is pretty boring without his monologues and an inch of his personality in both the Manga and Light Novel. Please save one of my favorite characters ever made.

What really pushed my buttons was when they were talking about visiting Aika's house and Wataru looking so dejected right after that, he doesn't even look an inch of being his pitiful, self-hating, dejected self because there's barely even context why or given emphasis why he should be hating on himself.

On the other hand Rin-sama is amazing as always 🙏 Bless 🙏
Jul 10, 2023 12:28 PM

Jan 2022
I have no idea what happened this episode. I just understand the MC gives great advice with a gloomy face, lol.
Jul 10, 2023 12:29 PM

Feb 2019
Pacing was way better in this episode than episode 1. Could actually understand what was going on so that’s a big plus. Plot is still pretty meh, but the characters are showing signs of life thanks to the better pacing.

Honestly feels like a very dumbed down Tomozaki mixed with Oregairu. They literally have a 1:1 copy of the Oregairu OP sequence lol

Morals and Discipline girl is already best girl. Love that archetype. Couple new harem members introduced today, some character development as well. Solid episode.
Marinate1016Jul 10, 2023 12:39 PM
Jul 10, 2023 12:40 PM

Mar 2014
It still boring and crap, I'm not so sure if it will improve
Jul 10, 2023 12:47 PM
Apr 2020
Mariklyn said:
I have no idea what happened this episode. I just understand the MC gives great advice with a gloomy face, lol.

Bro thinks he is hachiman
Jul 10, 2023 1:04 PM
Jan 2020
bland, if a bland story was a straight line, this anime would be a dot.

If possible, I would like to hear from others on how to enjoy this anime.
Jul 10, 2023 1:10 PM
Dec 2021
great episode, galois.
Jul 10, 2023 1:33 PM
May 2023
Good progress after the first episode. No cringe in my opinion. Liked the flow and the main character's resolve.
Jul 10, 2023 3:00 PM
Aug 2020
Boring, something is really missing, I mean nothing new here.

Just enough to smile a little bit…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 10, 2023 3:23 PM

Jan 2021
This anime is better than i thought

Like I always say:
'A good soundtrack can make an escene better'
but the dialogues in this anime are unpredictable so i can't get bored listen to characters cuz they have something curious to share

Jul 10, 2023 3:46 PM
Jan 2022
Vu_Qu_Huy said:
bland, if a bland story was a straight line, this anime would be a dot.

If possible, I would like to hear from others on how to enjoy this anime.
I recommend viewing it from a perspective where being a tsundere is idiotic.
Protagonist lays it out clean, gets rejected and moves on like a normal person.
'Love interest' has 'made her bed', so tough nuts.

He's no nonsense and straight up with people.
Kind of refreshing to see good communication and reasonable conversation.

Of course, no drama, means not much happening, so we'll see whether it'll pick up in some way.
Jul 10, 2023 4:00 PM
May 2023
I slowly lost patience watch this. When they get good?
Jul 10, 2023 4:26 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jul 10, 2023 4:28 PM
Dec 2020
Yo honestly this guy is literally me
In elementary school i used to be a creep to a girl that i like, i would sniff her hair then i would get punched by her friend for being a creep , i would get clingy to her sometimes(i regretted doing allat) but the next semester i realized that she just won't be close to me and to my surprise SHE STARTED TO GET CLINGY TO ME like i won't get close to her anymore but instead she's the one who gets close to me
When we get seated together she would play with my hair and get a little flirty
In the end tho i never got with her because maybe the covid started and alot of skipped cutscene in elementary school so yeah💀 this guy is literally me except he's in high school
Jul 10, 2023 5:15 PM
Aug 2022
Decent Episode but something is missing
Jul 10, 2023 5:16 PM

Apr 2022
i totally bought it, thought yamazaki is his actual name. but well, some productiveness as he helps with the student council members, hachiman if mid. but still better than the first episode, guessing he'll still find a way to go to natsukawa's house. i'm convinced nothing special will come from this show though.
Jul 10, 2023 5:33 PM
Feb 2023
Ricky16 said:

yeah, like there is a part missing.. like too suddenly (at the end of ep2)

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Jul 10, 2023 5:57 PM
Aug 2022
fabiandewa19 said:
Ricky16 said:

yeah, like there is a part missing.. like too suddenly (at the end of ep2)

Yeah they kinda rushed it in the 2nd half/ending
Jul 10, 2023 6:23 PM
Apr 2022
still don't know what to think about this anime. What do you guys think of it?
Jul 10, 2023 6:32 PM

Jan 2021
Akia is still sitting all alone but Sajou wants to support her so he thinks of stuff but then comes across Rin. Rin basically takes the spotlight this episode.

Rin asks him if he can stop by the council room or however its called. Rin then has another problem so Sajou says that she needs to say "It's okay". Looks like Kaede is one of the student council and she says that Sajou needs to have a proper talk with Akia. Its still awkward tension between Sajou & Akia. Sajou gets spotted again by Rin and he needs to visit the room again but this time Yuyu is also there. He basically used one of his classmates names and not his real name. He made peace i guess with Yuyu but Yuyu saw that he kinda looked disappointed.

Sajou is happy to see that some of the classmates have become friends with Akia but he rather stays out of it. Sajou thinks that he was in the way. Sajou gets called to the council room i guess to help his sister with some paperwork/printing. There he meets other council members as well. Cute moment between Rin & Yuyu. Some of the classmates wanna visit Akia's house. Sajou & Akia were having a serious conversation but Rin literally stepped in the middle and opened her mouth bruh. Sajou gets dragged to that room again lol.

Some of the classmates ended up visiting Akia's house and meeting Airi. Airi is cute and she is really mature, wow.
Jul 10, 2023 7:20 PM
Sep 2021
wataru and aika are keeping distance but aika is trying her best to talk to wataru but he always leaves the conversation or gets interrupted by someone. Wataru is now using his time to help others rather than go with aika.
Jul 10, 2023 7:39 PM

May 2023
Another well-executed episode. Good pace, nice development of the plot, and creates anticipation for future episodes. Gonna be one of the best of the season.
Waiting for Airi's cuteness next episode.
Jul 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Oct 2021
Bro who is that Takaaki dude? Why is he hanging out with a bunch of girls? Is he the actual harem protagonist? Or maybe he's just gay?

Jul 10, 2023 8:09 PM
Jan 2023
The adaptation of the anime based on the manga is not the best, I feel that they skip too many important dialogues and make Sajou look like a person without charisma when in the manga he makes a lot of jokes most of the time, besides they change several scenes and they are quite different from the manga.
Jul 10, 2023 8:12 PM
Mar 2022
Is it just me or was this episode really boring and hard to follow? I feel like the dialogue was awful and I was lost the entire episode. It’s the 2nd episode can we not just focus on the main plot?
Jul 10, 2023 10:17 PM

Mar 2008
Ugh so many characters to try to remember.

Sajou has some character traits like me though he's better at reading people since ive lost my touch lately.
Jul 11, 2023 12:16 AM
Apr 2021
So we getting like reverse relationship development. Love that her big sister acknowledges his talent in administration tasks but her fellow members there are all hot men like wth lol. I wished this get more exaggeratedly serious with how Sajo see things now.
Jul 11, 2023 12:33 AM

Sep 2018
So awkward to watch, oddly sporadic pauses throughout the show, and a lack of a good soundtrack makes for some weird viewing.
Jul 11, 2023 12:48 AM
Feb 2023
So far, I highly dislike ðe characters in ðis show. Everyone is pretending as if Wataru constantly getting rejected is no big deal and doesn't damage him.
Jul 11, 2023 1:58 AM
Oct 2017
Kei should wear socks
she may be cold
Jul 11, 2023 4:01 AM

Jul 2017
Seems like another adaptation that forgets what that means. Anime is a visual medium with motion so why have people sit around having long conversations with each other?

I see some people saying that it's skipping stuff though so, it's going too quick whilst simultaneously going too slow!

Dropped!
Jul 11, 2023 4:08 AM
Aug 2019
i am feeling empathy towards the boy
Jul 11, 2023 6:03 AM

Jul 2017
This show just oozes mediocrity so much, whether as a story, or how it looks/sounds, or even as how it is being adapted. Didn't mind Shinomiya here much but in general, was hard to get invested into this. There's no ounce of likability so far in Natsukawa either for me. Shoutout to Takaaki though at the end there, managing to get to her house and even hang out with other ladies there too casually.
animejasJul 11, 2023 6:06 AM
Jul 11, 2023 6:33 AM
Jul 2021
This episode continues Sajo's misunderstanding with Yuyu. 
 Rin , the new character uses Sajo's advice to become a better student council president who can be looked at in a good way.
Furthermore, Kaede  called her brother to help with the student council work.
I expected a bit more to happen but this episode was decent enough.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jul 11, 2023 7:12 AM
Nov 2022
Zaxphred said:
also what did sajou do to make aika popular

Left her alone. That's it. Everyone was avioding her due to his antics.
Jul 11, 2023 7:26 AM

Mar 2013
Complicated relationships... hehehe
this is getting interesting.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 11, 2023 7:48 AM
Jan 2016
I'm a sucker for the moments when boys stop trying to get a girl's attention it's always good and cool to see how stuff goes, be it dramatical or romantical it's always a great trigger event. enjoying so far.
Jul 11, 2023 8:26 AM
Jul 2022
it's disappointing to say the least, messed up the writing big time, and what's up with the pacing man, Had High hopes for it, let's just see what they deliver next
Jul 11, 2023 9:04 AM
Nov 2022
They introduced a lot of characters, maybe they will be relevant in the future.

But even so, I personally feel that the episode was a bit bland, almost boring, see if it recovers next week.
Jul 11, 2023 9:11 AM

Aug 2022
Not gonna lie very good episode. Better than the first episode. Love the relationship.
RafaBryanJul 11, 2023 9:22 AM
Jul 11, 2023 10:00 AM

Aug 2016
I'm still confused by this anime, the plot does not advance and the episode was a bit boring for me, situations already seen and characters not very endearing nor very special, for the moment.
I'm still going to watch the following episodes to get a better opinion and I hope to be surprised!
I still have the impression that some information has been rushed, how did Sajo make Aika "popular"? Will we find out later?
Disappointed that the love story hasn't progressed, but maybe this anime is more about high school life and how Sajo is changing now that he has opened his eyes to his surroundings.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2023

80 by channman900 »»
Apr 23, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2023

90 by Gilith »»
Apr 18, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2023

146 by PinmpChimpin »»
Apr 12, 9:59 PM

» I hope for 2nd season ( 1 2 )

LostInLove - Oct 15, 2023

51 by Yzen90 »»
Mar 26, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2023

175 by porozhno »»
Mar 13, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.