Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 12, 2023 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Nagaki and Magari's meet-the-parents moment, and the former is surely surprised to see the latter's sister Haya, whom is up to her usual tendencies of wearing Magari's stuff, namely her shirt and bra.

In the hot summer heat, Kurashiki-sensei tortures herself with following Nakami and Magari around, seeking permission from each other's parents. But one notable moment is Nakami's father, which apart from looking disheveled, the son has been lost out of touch ever since their mother ran away from home, leaving him in his father's care. And requesting Yui for help on capturing some good pictures for the photography contest, she only did what she could thanks to Kurashiki-sensei. All else is left to instinct as both Kakami and Magari head to Kanazawa to get equipment and pictures together. And with all of the things put together, both Nakami and Magari are off to the camping trip, with Magari's grandmother's residence being the place of accommodation with Haya for the moment.

Looking back at the past, the elder sister Haya can't do much with Isaki around. And as Nakami walks around Mitsukejima to get photos, Isaki is about to go, but Haya literally drew on her face, so she pays in return. Asking Nakami whether he is an only child, and no doubt Nakami knows about Isaki's heart condition that they prioritize her over Haya, which is understandable. The confession part where Isaki told Nakami, it's more of a cheering up situation, and despite her condition, he feels confident that he did make the right choice to choose her, but it's her usual pranks. Seeing Nakami's worth about taking mundane photographs, he's just that good.

Welp, the feud between sisters will never go away, and Haya is off to meet her boyfriend. But not before resenting the younger, less agile sister of her conditions being the pampered girl that everyone looks out for, telling stories of old to Nakami, before leaving her in his care.

Slowly and surely, still good with the training camp. But there's a lot of jumping around with chapters here and there, which is just jarring.
KANLen09Jun 12, 2023 10:55 AM
Jun 12, 2023 8:41 AM
May 2022
I can't with Lidenfilms. Shitty studio atrociously fucking up the pacing and jumping all over the place. They don't understand build up at all. Whoever made the decision to shove Isaki's backstory this early in the trip should get fired. 

I could excuse the bus scene slip up but this is the final arc of the season and they immediately dropped the ball. I should've known better than to trust them. Still, I'm going stick around until the finale because despite me wanting to drop the anime, I can't because of what's to come.
Jun 12, 2023 9:12 AM

Apr 2016
I mean, as expected of sisters right, but they really do look alike, like, really ... the personalities are a world apart tho, thats for sure, lol. But hey, if it is the always watchful older sister that approves, than what are we to judge.

She even vacated the area for them, what a champ.
DiamondDimoDaddy said:
I can't with Lidenfilms. Shitty studio atrociously fucking up the pacing and jumping all over the place. They don't understand build up at all. Whoever made the decision to shove Isaki's backstory this early in the trip should get fired. 

I could excuse the bus scene slip up but this is the final arc of the season and they immediately dropped the ball. I should've known better than to trust them. Still, I'm going stick around until the finale because despite me wanting to drop the anime, I can't because of what's to come.

Its just an adaptation, not a penis, don't take it so hard bro.
SwagernatorJun 12, 2023 9:22 AM
Jun 12, 2023 9:21 AM
May 2022
Swagernator said:
DiamondDimoDaddy said:

It’s just an adaptation, not a penis, don't take it so hard bro.

It’s not just an adaptation. It’s one of my favorite manga. I’m going to be critical because I care that much.
Jun 12, 2023 9:33 AM
Mar 2021
DiamondDimoDaddy said:

Obligatory should've been directed by Shaft. 

That being said, I honestly don't mind the rearranging or slight change in pacing. They gotta make the story feel coherent within the episode, and quite honestly, with the way the timeline was set up in the manga, it'd be hard to adapt contextually in an anime. 
Jun 12, 2023 9:44 AM

Feb 2021
Very wholesome episode
Shiromaru blushing. I'm blessed.
I personally think that Haya's behaviour and how she wouldn't want Nakami to hang around with Isaki just out of pity is reasonable. Though she just kinda assumed things there, but it got resolved in the end.
Now they can have their own time together yay!

Judging by some comments there was a lot of event rearrangement this episode. I've been reading the manga along with the anime so I know they've been doing this for sometime and I'm fine with it tbh.
Jun 12, 2023 9:44 AM
Sep 2021
Learnt a lot about isaki this time, her suffering, her backstory etc.,, which helped in understanding more about her character.
Jun 12, 2023 9:50 AM

Mar 2021
Nice to learn more about Isaki and her relationship with her sister and its sad to hear that Nakami's mum just left and abandoned him and his dad
Jun 12, 2023 10:01 AM

Jun 2021
I thought Ganta's mom died and the show was trying to make it a big reveal, even though it seemed obvious. But no, she just left. That's actually a twist. Calling it now: Isaki is actually his mother. The time she spent in the hospital? The scars? Getting surgery to make herself look younger, so she can look like a child and get adopted by another family. It's like Orphan. She's seducing Ganta so he can join her new family. 

No, I will not accept criticism for my theory. Just agreements.
Jun 12, 2023 10:32 AM
Mar 2023
why do i feel like it's going to end like your lie in april
Jun 12, 2023 10:39 AM

May 2019
I think Haya had planned on going along only to ensure that her sister was in safe hands with Ganta and once she was comfortable with him her plan was to take off, pretty good plan that shows she cares more about Isaki than she lets on. Btw, she is a prankster from wearing her sister's clothes, to drawing on her sister's face while sleeping, and tricking Ganta to spill the beans (when she was testing him).

It sucks that Ganta's mother left the family without notice, Ganta probably blames himself for that and is why he doesn't communicate that well (at least with his father). Anyways, now Ganta and Isaki are on their own, hope they make some memories.
Jun 12, 2023 11:03 AM
Jun 2022
It is a very beautiful ongoing anime and I don't want it to have a bad ending
Jun 12, 2023 11:45 AM

Sep 2018
I appreciate the story for not leaning into the dead parent cliche. The reason for Ganta's mother's absence hasn't been directly mentioned up until now so I was keeping my options open (although I was starting to lean more towards death due to the events of episode 8), but her having left on her own accord creates a whole another interesting dimension of tension between Ganta and his father with Ganta assuredly putting the blame on himself.

Haya's perspective is understandable too – all it took for me to warm up to her was one episode, haha. She is a bit of a pain in the ass with that self-centered attitude of hers but that harshness is partly just her way of caring for her little sister! She even left to give some space for the blossoming lovebirds... Good job, welcome to the wingman squad!!
Jun 12, 2023 11:46 AM

Oct 2017
So Isaki is Haya's clone, now it all makes sense. I loled when Kurashiki sensei almost gave up but good job, she hung in there. Shiromaru senpai encouraging Ganta was nice, she's such a sweet senpai. Haya's amusing and she cares for her sister in her own way even though it may not seem like it at first.
Jun 12, 2023 12:37 PM
Mar 2015
Actually her sister was pretty good to her
Jun 12, 2023 12:42 PM
Jul 2021
This production is a master class on how to package slice of life romance in a wonderful way. It also helps to have great material (the manga is fantastic)!
Jun 12, 2023 12:46 PM

Feb 2019
Well Isaki’s sister is here and she was as good as I’d hoped. Really spiced up the episode and helped push Ganta and Isaki closer.

Cute moment between Genta and Isaki in Kanazawa in the canal. Funny seeing how flustered he gets when he’s around her now. The hair down scene was cute

Got to learn what makes both of them tick today too. I’m glad they didn’t go with the dead parent cliche with Ganta and just made his mom a bum who left without telling lmao. Makes sense why he takes so much on himself

A lot of people saying this could be another shigatsu. I don’t see a sad ending happening here honestly
Jun 12, 2023 12:49 PM
May 2021
ganta and isaki meet eachother's parents. well, more their teacher meets the parents while the two of them hang out in another room, lol. but ganta met isaki's sister and even got the big sis approval. i didn't like her at first, but after this episode i warmed up to her.

im really looking forward to next episode. seeing some quality time between the two, and also seeing the amazing pictures ganta ends up taking. can't believe there's only 3 episodes left. im going to miss it. idk how much more of the manga there's left to adapt, but i just have a feeling it's probably not enough for a season 2, although i wish we could get it.
My 2023 candies:
Jun 12, 2023 1:03 PM
May 2017
When you meet your gfs hot sister

But nah great episode fr, we got a little look into both of our mc's past. I thought Nakami lost his mother as in she was dead, but she's just a deadbeat. Not that it lessens his hardship in anyway, if anything it just adds to it. She willingly abandoned her child and husband, something like death is unavoidable but this changes things.

As for Magari, she was pampered and giving priority all her life, and she felt ashamed because she took it as being below everybody. It just goes to show how well intentioned acts can still have a bad effect. Situations like that are tricky, luckily her big sister was able to show her love in her own way by treating her like a normal person. W big sis/wing(wo)man.

4.5/5 great episode
Quanda1eDing1eJun 12, 2023 1:07 PM
Jun 12, 2023 1:07 PM

Jan 2021
Ganta meeting Magari's parents and her sister. Ganta having an embarrassing moment lol. Her sister loves teasing around and is gonna tag along.

The advisor on her way to meet Ganta's father but gives up midway due to the heat. Ganta's dad talking about Ganta's past. Ganta helping decorating with Yui and then doing some camp shopping with Isaki. Isaki, Haya & Ganta arrive at the inn. Backstory of Isaki & Haya when they were little. Haya drawing on Isaki's head because she is sleeping lol. Ganta expecting Isaki but Haya is there instead. That was a nice picture of the ocean and the moon. Haya leaving because she is going on a trip with her boyfriend. Haya telling Ganta that Isaki doesn't open up about her heart condition that easily, so she trusts him. More backstory of Isaki when she was little. Isaki & Ganta are staying together now in the inn. Interesting.

Jun 12, 2023 1:40 PM

Mar 2020
And so, Haya has passed the torch over to Nakami. The ball's in your court now!

It was an eventful episode, firstly with Kurashiki-sensei meeting Nakami and Magari's parents to get their permission for the training camp. It was great to learn more about Nakami through what his father said about him. I thought it might be that Nakami's mother passed away when he was little, but it turns out, she just abandoned the family. It makes sense now why Nakami takes so much of a burden onto himself and always seemed so stressed.

The notable part of the episode was the start of the training camp, as Haya tagged along. She was honestly quite a prankster, but perhaps she joined the trip to see what type of person Nakami is, and after the talk that him and Haya had, it gave a lot of insight into how Magari's past was like, with her heart condition weighing her down. Nakami doesn't pity Magari though, and once Haya saw that genuine look in his eyes, I'm sure she felt happy to leave her younger sister in Nakami's care with no qualms whatsoever. The training camp shall rage on!

I did hear from source readers that the adaptation has been jumping around with the manga chapters, but as an anime-only, I don't really see a major issue with what has been presented to this point.
Jun 12, 2023 2:49 PM
Feb 2015
Contrary to the anxiety from last episode with Magari's sister appearing and being quite unpleasant in attitude, glad that things worked well and that this episode lets us know why she acts the way she does with Magari.
And as soon as Nakami told the older sis that Isaki did tell her about the heart conditions, she knew that Nakami was a bit more than just a classmate to Isaki.
Tho the older sis is still quite unpleasant, you can tell she definitely still cares a lot about Isaki. Her telling Nakami to not get further involved with Isaki isn't so much her being a bitch and ruining the current relationship the two have but instead it's in worry that he pities Isaki just like many others do who know about her condition and I really like that about the older sister.
Nakami telling her how he really feels about Isaki tho, imagine if she was right there to listen to the whole thing ahahahah
But still, Isaki has a good older sister.
Jun 12, 2023 3:18 PM
Aug 2016
I wasn't as good as the previous episodes, I missed a cute moment and the sister... I didn't like her behavior. guess the next one will be more like before
Jun 12, 2023 3:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally the trip... and now the sister left... they're only together ahaha
Jun 12, 2023 4:20 PM

May 2015
This anime is so gooood. I love how they flesh out the characters with little details like this. 
Jun 12, 2023 4:31 PM
Jan 2021
Another enjoyable and satisfying episode.
I am always amazed at how good writing+good animation can so effectively flesh out a character. Haya-neesan is a fine example of this.
I didn't expect this anime to completely steal my heart. But, it's my anime love affair this season. 

Gawd, I love anime!
Jun 12, 2023 5:08 PM
Aug 2020
DiamondDimoDaddy said:

I was going to do the same comment, the made too many bad decisions.

They killed the mother of Nakami, so no S2???

I don’t get it, the anime is not bad but the manga is better than that…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 12, 2023 5:11 PM
Aug 2020
DessDrik said:
why do i feel like it's going to end like your lie in april

The anime will rush everything, go read it if you like it…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 12, 2023 5:13 PM

Feb 2022
Nice Call of the Night reunion with Ganta and Haya having the same voice actors as Ko and Nazuna.
Jun 12, 2023 5:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
After the bad first impressions with Isaki’s sister Haya, this episode showed she’s not so bad and actually pretty cool, her pranks were also quite funny lol. And that’s a really interesting look at pampering unfortunate children in that flashback, yeah it’s being done with good intentions but for some kids it probably doesn’t feel good.

I also found myself actually growing to really like the relationship Isaki and her sister have, I think it’s a more realistic portrayal of siblings as well, as someone with siblings lol. And I love the countryside scenery for this arc, I’m a sucker for it and it has been done so beautifully here, Ganta even converted Haya with his photo, you just can’t beat it lol.

And it’s a shame to hear about the shifting of chapters in the anime but as an anime only it didn’t hurt it for me one bit, couldn’t tell it at all. Perhaps those chapters are better with more buildup but I don’t think they were badly placed.
Jun 12, 2023 6:47 PM

Sep 2018
One of my favorite episodes so far, I knew the relationship between the sisters would be like that, but it was still nice to see it play out. Seems the older Sister didn't want to say anything about Isaki still having heart trouble either, when Ganta told her that Isaki confided in him about it.
Jun 12, 2023 6:52 PM
Mar 2018
otakuweek said:
DiamondDimoDaddy said:

Nakami's Dad clearly stated that she left, wtf are you on about
Jun 12, 2023 6:58 PM

Oct 2021
otakuweek said:

what are you even on about?
Jun 12, 2023 8:12 PM
Dec 2022
THAT SISTER LAUGHS
ITS GODDESS AQUA SIGNATURE LAUGHS

Jun 12, 2023 8:42 PM

Apr 2022
the sister was pretty jokes, and the sensei as well who gave up so soon.
got told by the sister to not get involved as always, rough.
Jun 12, 2023 10:23 PM
Sep 2018
Best anime ever.. Isaki Magari Is love
Jun 12, 2023 10:46 PM
Apr 2023
Summer activities officially start in the episode.
Isaki's sister, Haya, shares some backstory about Isaki and shares her sentiments with Nakami.
While it seems Haya is always bullying Isaki, it's her way of affection for Isaki - to not pity or treat her any different than how a big sister will treat her younger sister.
Haya ceremoniously passes this baton to Nakami establishing Nakami to now be the closest person to support Isaki in the same way so she may continue live and shine brightly.
With just 3 episodes left, I just can't wait for my favorite chapters to be animated, specially THAT event:
Don't open if you don't want to be spoiled
tekkenshu7Jun 12, 2023 10:52 PM
Jun 12, 2023 10:50 PM
Oct 2019
Gwenpool said:
I thought Ganta's mom died and the show was trying to make it a big reveal, even though it seemed obvious. But no, she just left. That's actually a twist. Calling it now: Isaki is actually his mother. The time she spent in the hospital? The scars? Getting surgery to make herself look younger, so she can look like a child and get adopted by another family. It's like Orphan. She's seducing Ganta so he can join her new family. 

No, I will not accept criticism for my theory. Just agreements.
Ayoo LET HIM COOK!! LMAO  
Jun 12, 2023 10:53 PM
Oct 2019
Older sister actually kinda nice.

Jun 12, 2023 11:58 PM
Nov 2022
I loved the episode, it is without a doubt one of my favorite animes of the season.

At first I didn't like Isaki's sister, but now I understand her, I also strongly understand Isaki's feelings, it's horrible that they treat you differently for something that isn't your fault.

By the way, I had thought that Nakami's mother had died, but no, the bitch ran away, now I hate her, on the other hand I would like a little more depth in Nakami's life, a bit of character development doesn't hurt xd
Jun 13, 2023 12:57 AM

Jul 2021
bro passed the sister's test wonderfully. that's why she was okay leaving both of them by themselves. also i think it's safe to say he's gained her approval too. good stuff nakami.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 13, 2023 1:10 AM

Apr 2023
Another boy passed the reliability test this week: First, Ichikawa passing Yamada's bestie test, now Ganta passing the big sister test. All going well with my men 👌
Jun 13, 2023 3:12 AM
Apr 2022
DiamondDimoDaddy said:
Swagernator said:

It’s just an adaptation, not a penis, don't take it so hard bro.

It’s not just an adaptation. It’s one of my favorite manga. I’m going to be critical because I care that much.

Manga is ur fav not the anime so relax bruh. I like the anime
Jun 13, 2023 4:58 AM
Aug 2022
Fine, I forgive the sister! She's nicer than they made her out to be on the previous episode. I'm excited for them to have some time alone though!

Jun 13, 2023 5:57 AM
Mar 2020
Ganta's pops give us the lowdown why his boy has insomnia. But he's becoming a more reliable guy despite all that.
Jun 13, 2023 9:47 AM
Oct 2019
It feels like theyre gonna your lie in april her and i am not here for it
Jun 13, 2023 11:47 AM
Dec 2021
good stuff
kiss is next episode i think
Jun 13, 2023 12:41 PM

Feb 2023
Cool, unsupervised weekend with the girl you literally sleep with. I wish I had that!
Jun 13, 2023 2:26 PM

Nov 2013
Older sister is cool. I wonder if her going to see boyfriend is a lie and she just left to give the two some privacy now that she knows Ganta is a reliable and honest guy.
Jun 13, 2023 2:39 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
If it wasn't so long, I'd definitely change my username to Oceanviewsy McFloatFest right now

I love how Nakami has no reaction when hot older sister Magari steps out of the bath, but when little sister Magari comes out, he's like WHOAOHAIHSDHASIDSHOIAWEAFFDSDA

That was a nice moment at the end as onee-chan Magari acknowledges Nakami as the only other person besides herself to not put pity on Magari and love her for who she is. Would've been great if it had just ended with her telling him that the ball was in his court, but it was kinda ruined with Nakami being kind of dense: "HUH WHAT SO WHAT DO I DO HUHHH??" He didn't seem like he was saying that in shock, it looked as if he was actually completely clueless imo.... and right after onee-chan just told him everything.

Anyway, maybe it's just how anime in general paints them to be, but I for one disagree with onee-chan Magari here and would love to visit a Japanese podunk town out in the boonies.

BetaMaleUltraJun 13, 2023 2:58 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2023

104 by winsonkeren »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Apr 26, 2:26 AM

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

1 by kartik111 »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 5, 2023

73 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.