Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yuri is My Job
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2023 8:24 AM

Feb 2020
"This is normal, right?" Hmm... That's a good question.

Well, I hope Kanoko and Sumika will become good friends. Sumika isn't that scary gyaru after all.
May 18, 2023 8:36 AM

Jul 2017
LOL at the Crunchyroll translator "Arrogance and Prejudice" indeed!
May 18, 2023 8:40 AM

Mar 2021
Nice episode it was great to see Kanako and Sumika talk to each other hopefully this leads them to becoming friends
May 18, 2023 8:43 AM

May 2015
Thank god there wasnt any major drama. This episode for me was the deciding episode to whether this series would be a dramafest all the way through or not. (There was light drama but thats fine) 

It did feel like she was just bullying Kanoko at first. 

Shame we didnt get much Hime x Mitsuki this episode but I guess they did get the main focus the last few episodes so now we're focusing on the other two. (Fingers crossed they arent the focus for too long. Never like it when series move away from the main couple) 

Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 18, 2023 9:08 AM
Sep 2021
Tachibana and kanoko were focused through out this episode and it also helped in learning both characters personalities.
May 18, 2023 9:40 AM

Jul 2017
The Blume election is coming up, and Kanoko is content that she can be Hime's help in her time of need.

The election to decide the Blume der Liebe / Blume Schwester a.k.a the top flower of Liebe Girls' Academy, and it's basically a popularity contest with requirements to fulfill. Hime trying her hardest to understand the rules, which Kanoko supports her wholeheartedly, it's a race between the girls (minus Manager Mai), which their customers that they interact with will decide the winning girl. The kinda mute Kanoko still doesn't stand out unfortunately, and as others pick up on their stance, so does Hime as well. Though Sumika tries to play her usual teasing game with Hime, rather than Mitsuki, it's Kanoko who stops her, invoking jealousy and given her obsession with said girl. Still though, if Kanoko can be with Hime, that's all she is asking for the forbidden yuri love for her.

Of course, Kanoko could not recognize Sumika's gyaru nature, and thought of her as the upstanding sister in the salon. But the former's persistence to spite Kanoko about Hime, she's clearly being intentional, and as Kanoko reads her in her salon work, all that Sumika has going for her is her natural charm, which makes her a potential Blume candidate. And no one understands her nature better than the chef Nene, though there are still reservations about how she is like if she chooses to drop her façade. In hindsight, Sumika trying to get Kanoko to be friendly, relax and converse normally, she's not that bad of a gyaru-senpai after all.

Sumika has good intentions for all, that's for sure.
May 18, 2023 10:43 AM

Jan 2023
I thought it was an interesting episode, which takes a step back from what was the focus of the show until now (Hime/Yano), and instead makes the main character of the show Kanoko (for one episode at least), who was more of a secondary character up until now.
We get to see developing what seems to be a love triangle centered on her, which involves on one side her best friend (for whom she has a "slight" obsession) and on the other side the kind and mysterious Tachibana-sempai (which by they way also gets a lot more focus in this episode than ever before).

Where do we go from there?
I'm curious! Can't wait for next week!
May 18, 2023 11:05 AM
Feb 2022
i em all for this i like it
May 18, 2023 11:48 AM

Oct 2007
Kanoko thinks it's fine to have so many photos of a friend on her cp. This is worrying..

oh, and nice to see other students of Liebe academy, even if they;re just imaginary. :D
May 18, 2023 12:15 PM

Aug 2017
Kanoko extra creepy when she took pictures when Hime was sleeping and playing with her hair, but then again when isn't she creepy. Gyaru-senpai truly best girl and respect that she goes out of her way to talk to Kanoko to help her. Also liked how Nene defended her when they talked behind her back. 
May 18, 2023 1:28 PM
Oct 2012
I liked seeing Tachibana test Yanako
May 18, 2023 2:09 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Kanoko finally gets some focus alongside Sumika, and it was interesting to see the development of the situation regarding Sumika seeing those pics on Kanoko’s phone. Partly due to knowing Kanoko’s thoughts it seemed like Sumika was messing with Kanoko the whole time, I definitely thought that myself but at the same time Sumika didn’t seem like she was being mean. Well that was revealed at the end when it turned out that Sumika was just trying to be friendly with Kanoko, Sumika seems like she’d be a good pal and I’m ngl I kinda liked the moments between the two of them which I wasn’t expecting to like, the idea of them being sisters at the salon doesn’t seem crazy to me now.

But man, poor Kanoko is already being called a creep by a lot of the folks in the crunchyroll comments, it’s kinda sad to see because even though she does like Hime a little too much, she hasn’t done anything terribly out of line yet, and she might but the point is that she hasn’t yet and people are very quick to jump on stuff like that lol, blue waifus are getting the boot this week I guess. I’m really interested in seeing where this goes tho, because I’m sure this isn’t the end of Sumika and Kanoko’s arc.

And one last thing I want to mention, once again enjoying what I think is references to Maria-sama, that opening scene definitely reminded me of it.
TheColonel76May 18, 2023 2:23 PM
May 18, 2023 2:43 PM

Dec 2013
Sumika asserting her dominance as best girl of the show.
May 18, 2023 4:04 PM

May 2019
So Kanoko can't recognize Sumika when she's in her gyaru outfit and without glasses? C'mon now but at least that explains why Kanoko screamed. Also, it was funny how Hime was surprised that the special Blume-themed dessert was frozen (many restaurant items are either frozen and/or premade offsite and defrosted/heated in-house).

Kanoko is obsessed over Hime but hopefully she opens up to Sumika which could help her talk to other people (and maybe reduce the obsession over Hime).
May 18, 2023 4:33 PM
Mar 2018
I do get the sense that Chibana is a cunning manipulator or a neutral instigator. And I'm not sure which is the more obvious one.
May 18, 2023 5:21 PM

Sep 2018
I find Kanoko an incredibly annoying character and feel this anime doesn't really even need her tbh...
May 18, 2023 9:36 PM

Sep 2022
I know how Kanoko really feels as an introvert myself. It really is hard having to talk to people you don't know that much. But eventually, I'm sure she and Sumika will be able to get along and become closer with each other than they were from the start.
May 19, 2023 12:58 AM

Mar 2008
Kanoko is soooooo creepy. The series would be better without her.
May 19, 2023 7:14 AM

Feb 2021
So Kanako doesn't realize (or pretending to) that it's creepy to have that many pictures of her best friend. What a twist. That roundabout explanation about the election lore confuse me a bit, thankfully Sumika is there to simplify things. Speaking of Sumika, like Kanako, I thought she had ulterior motives or were about to bully Kanako for her creepiness but Kanako and I read too deep into it. No real drama is a good thing, but I mean, look at that her.
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 20, 2023 4:26 AM
Apr 2013
EP 7

Like i feel kanoko and sumika got mega shafted early on since were busy with hime. oh well, at least there's still time left to fix that

EDIT: I do wonder if there's gonna be any (sumika) plot twist. For mitsuki they kinda didnt tell us much until they dropped the whole reveal(s) on us, right now the situation with sumika and kanoko seems fairly simple at least, just a matter of how hime figures into everything and what not.
CocoaGalaxyMay 20, 2023 7:08 AM
May 22, 2023 8:33 PM
Nov 2019
a cafe full of gays, okay I like it
May 23, 2023 3:02 PM

Jul 2016
Gyaru-senpai with that sick "Arrogance and Prejudice" burn lol. In the end, she was the only likeable girl all along.

But seriously, I really hate Kanoko. Do they really have to pair her up with Sumika?

And now that I think of it, Skip to Loafer also had an episode focused on an introvert misjudging a gyaru. How interesting.
SouthRzVaMay 23, 2023 3:05 PM
May 24, 2023 6:36 AM
Nov 2021
So now we are at the point where the story pretty much start to push Mitsuki and Hime completely out of the story and switch over to Sumika, Kanoko and Nene, which means that its time to drop the anime, since the story became so trash when it started focusing on these 3 and their dumbass unnecesary drama 
May 24, 2023 5:14 PM

Jan 2022
Yuri drama is my job is back for another week, this time since the problem with Mitsuki and Hime is over, we gotta need another drama in order to make the anime interesting, right ? At least we get to see more of Kanoko, which is always cool because she wasn't as active in the previous 5 episodes. Now it's the gyaru vs the real lesbian fight, even tho we can kinda see by the end of the episode that it's already going great, which is always nice to see considering how nice Sumika is trying to be. Overall it's probably an upgrade to the special previous arc that would have been settled very easily if they just talked, AND OMG SUMIKA AND KANOKO DID IN 2 DAYS WOOOO. I'm still excited for next week as usual, it's still kinda nice and unique to see.
I like everything, ok
May 24, 2023 10:58 PM

Mar 2008
I actually don't think Kanoko having a ton of pics is exactly abnormal. It's pretty much an expected way some people would act who are too afraid of saying what they feel toward someone especially when that person is the only one they really have. It's pretty clear she's meant to be sympathized with not feared.

I see what Sumika is doing. She sort of is toying with Kanoko but I think she means well but more than she said at face value. I think she's trying to encourage Kanoko to be more open about how she feels to Hime by making her jealous instead of just timidly watching her from afar, but also is trying to make her not be so reliant on her since she can tell she's isolated from how strongly she clings to Hime.
May 25, 2023 3:10 AM
Jul 2011
The scenes of those hundreds of background "female students" talking about this "Blume" thing really cracks me up. And the manager walking to the "school" with the other four cracks me even more.

For Kanoko it is not whether or not she wants to talk to people other than Hime. Later, she'll wish that she is great with talking with other people.
Seriously, with all these "acting" in the cafe while serving to the customer, it makes me nervous too.

And Hime, she is getting more funny with every episode. I'm voting for Hime, who do you vote for?

May 25, 2023 3:11 AM
Mar 2021
will this be delayed like the other anime?
May 25, 2023 2:24 PM

Sep 2020
Kanoko is one of those characters that although doesn't seem like it, but she is actually the scariest character in the series, it's going to to get really interesting.
May 31, 2023 4:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sumika is really trying to get closer to Kanoko to make her forget her obsession with Hime, which is quite hardcore, I mean it's almost like a yandere how she's taking the pictures while she's asleep and want to keep her for herself only, damn
Jun 9, 2023 3:33 AM

Dec 2018
Cute. But this starts to piss me off 

Anime!! There have been 7 episodes so far. Why aren't the lesbians kissing yet? They are lesbians and they have tongues it should be simple for you to figure out what they should do with their tongues 

I want lesbian kissing before this mess is over or this trash will receive a low score 

Jun 20, 2023 11:31 AM

Aug 2021
god i hate these loser ass whiny charcters like kanako
judgemental and possesive too ugh so unbelievably annoying
first half was so bingable i just couldnt stop myself til ep6, but this one god i was just so annoyed with kanako i barely survived just one single episode today
and holy shit what was that book discourse, u still dont get the concept kanako? shes making a show for the customers and ure just whining and u believe some weird ass prejudices about gyarus
god i really find the extremely shy glasses nerd archetype like one of the worst in anime straight up
and because i dont like her as a character im like super uninvested for the prospect of sumika and kanako becoming friends or sisters or whatever, thats like definitely gonna happen, ugh i just dont care cuz she annoyed me too much
sumika is based tho, shes super capable, she could really stir some amazing drama for the customers using the knowledge that kanako is creepily obsessed with hime
elgatosaikaJun 20, 2023 11:35 AM
Jul 8, 2023 10:21 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol the hate. I honestly not really mind by how things start to switch over from the main pair to the supporting one. But the overly dislike over Kanoko character on this one thread proved how Tachibana senpai was right all the way to this point of day. Never to judge the book by only its cover along. After all they all have their background which never be the same as its surface level of character. Hope they find a way to make things cool with Kanoko, especially its obvious they try to pair her up with gyaru senpai. Otherwise i can see why watayuri receive so low-rating on mal. Not that i mind that much tho *proceed the tsundere trait*.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 25, 2023 6:42 PM

Dec 2022
I think was a really rude behavior to look into the phone of someone who isn't even your friend to begin with. That gyaru senpai needs to apologize
Mar 31, 11:07 AM
Mar 2023
This new "favorite schoolgirl" concept is interesting, but everything in me thinks its going to be Kanoko, which I hate. I also this shes going to be paired with Chibana,but I feel like Chibana should just stay alone so she can continue acting like the big sister to everyone. I forgot that Nene exists, and I'm so glad she does! I also like that they made the chef an actual character rather than just an outline in the background.

The Yano/Hime ship still seems to building, as long as Kanoko doesn't get in the way, though by what happened in this episode something is definitely going to happen b/w Kanoko and Yuno.

Chibana is a good person, I'm glad were finally getting some more depth into her character. I'm sad that we don't get more of Yano but it's okay, Chibana is just as good!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 22, 2023

61 by degenerate-2002 »»
Apr 15, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 8 Discussion

Marinate1016 - May 25, 2023

42 by degenerate-2002 »»
Apr 6, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 12, 2023

28 by arachnidy »»
Mar 31, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 4, 2023

30 by arachnidy »»
Mar 31, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 9 Discussion

Mcsuper - Jun 1, 2023

45 by nskybytskyi »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.